Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,002 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Making It Official - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Making It Official (650 Views)

I Caught My Girlfriend Using Lubricant Before Making Love With Me. / I Masturbate And I Wish I Can Stop It / Twitter User: I Wish I Had A Loyal Boyfriend - See The Epic Reply She Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Making It Official by titi4fola(f): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]

When dating turns into a full fledged relationship, you’re either in heaven or a bit of a nervous wreck… or maybe even a little bit of both. Well, it’s understandable. As happy as you are to finally be in an official relationship, you might get caught up on what being a girlfriend really means.

Going into a relationship with uncertainties and unrealistic expectations can put a lot of unnecessary strain on you and your BF/GF. So to ease those nerves, here’s a list of 10 things that you should know before making it official.

[b][/b]

(1) Make Sure You're Both On The Same Page
Are you sure that your BF/GF wants to make it official? Or is it just you? Before you start referring to yourself as their GF, make sure that they consider you their GF in the first place!

(2) Don't Get Caught Up On What It Means To Be A Girlfriend
Try not to focus too much on what it means or doesn't mean to be a girlfriend. You don't have to do anything differently just because you've got a title in your relationship now.

(3) Don't Become FB Official Without Talking About It First
There's nothing more awkward than listing somebody as your BF/GF on FB without making sure you've actually confirmed with each other that your relationship has reached that level.

(4) But You Don't Have To Be FB Official In The First Place
Look, if you don't want everybody on your social media networks to know your relationship status, it's not a big deal. That girl you had a sociology class with in freshman year doesn't need to know who you're dating.

(5) Don't Expect Any Grand Gestures
If you're expecting some gushy love letter or a bouquet of flowers when your BF/GF tries to make it all official, you might be disappointed. You're more likely to get a shy, nervous request than a box of chocolates.

(6) Don't Keep It A Secret
Your relationship is a part of your life now, and maybe your family should at least get a heads up about it. Don't make it into some big secret if it doesn't need to be. Besides, when they find out they may feel like you're trying to hide something.

(7) Don't Assume That They're You're Automatic +1
It's fun to be around your BF/GF but they don't have to be your plus one to every single thing you go to! There's nothing wrong with a little space even if you're official.

(cool Hold Them To The Same Standard You Normally Would
Don't let your GF or BF get away with anything that you wouldn't feel comfortable with when you were dating just because you're their GF now. If they're suddenly not as attentive or neglecting your feelings, that's not suddenly okay just because you two have established how much you care about each other.

(9) Continue To Put Effort Into Your Relationship
Just because you're in an official relationship doesn't mean that you don't have to keep putting effort into it to keep it afloat. While you shouldn't be worried about your relationship ending, you shouldn't get too complacent either or else your relationship won't blossom into something bigger and better.

(10) Don't Expect The L Word Anytime Soon
Becoming official doesn't necessarily mean that the L word is coming up. You might not even feel that way yet and that's okay. There shouldn't be any pressure from your side or theirs to get to that point. It'll happen on its own or not at all.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Hypocrites. / My Dad Fathered You,’ Woman Tells Her Children In Deathbed Confession / Confused!! Please Say Something!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.