Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK  - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK  (26593 Views)

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos / 3 Porsche Panamera Convoy Carries 24 Gold Bars Worth £10m (₦5B) Across London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by obafemee80(m): 1:40am On Jul 19, 2018

About 450 luxury BMW's worth £11m (about N5.2b in naira) were damaged beyond repair when a huge pile of sand was blown over them near a construction site in Germany.

Around 4000 UK bound luxury BMWs were parked next to the construction site that housed a huge pile of sand near a port town in northern Germany.

The remaining 3,500 luxury cars were serviced and checked by a Southampton Cargo Handling.
The company ,tasked with cleaning as many as 30 cars a day between April and June ,removed sand from air filters and alternators.

The company insider said:
"A flat matte paint job for these cars costs around £20,000 , they are that expensive.

"Around 4,000 cars were covered by big mountains of sand .Many were scrapped costing BMW a small fortune.

"The vehicles they didn't scrap were distributed around the UK. We service BMWs to make them squeaky clean for dealerships and rental companies in the south of England".

A BMW spokesman said:
"A number of BMW vehicle orders were affected due to a major storm in Cuxhaven, one of the key ports through which many UK-bound vehicles travel.

"The severe weather resulted in construction materials located at the Port contaminating a number of vehicles while in transit.

"Roughly 4,000 cars were at the Port so needed to be checked. Of those, there are about 450 where we deemed it necessary to either build a new car for the customer or offer them an alternative vehicle that we already had in stock.

"As a precaution we thoroughly checked and cleaned every vehicle, many of which were completely unaffected.

The damaged models during the sandstorm includes the M140i, M2, M3, 218, 220, 230, 320,330, M4, M5 and the new i8s"

https://autojosh.com/450-bmws-worth-n5-5b-damaged-in-sandstorm-while-travelling-from-germany-to-uk/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Connoisseur(m): 2:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Around 4,000 cars were covered by big mountains of sand .Many were scrapped costing BMW a small fortune.

£11m = small fortune

12 Likes

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Cosplay: 3:15am On Jul 19, 2018
Only real reasons why these probably wouldn't be headed to a "Tokunbo" dealer near you:

-UK Market, so probably production Right Hand Drive

-High performance BMWs? No

Take them and hand over the Corollas and the Camrys, thank you very much.

Otherwise, Sand? Please.

Sand = Nothing

We have moved on to greater things.

Poseidon himself would be amazed by these feats.

We have rescued his vehicles from the sharks and plankton and returned them to mortal domain in "accident and flood free" condition for gullible humans to "Buy and Drive"

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Sand Strom in Western Europe?? That's to say the heap of sands could as well be causing health hazards. A bit surprised while the German authorities, with all it high standard for safety, would let this happen in the first place.

The area where the sands are heaped should be sealed off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 19, 2018
Watch how our Igbo men will flock the site to buy them for a token and ship them to Nigeria to be sold at high rates.

It's business sha

13 Likes

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2018
What can we call this?!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by eluquenson(m): 7:16am On Jul 19, 2018
Big time luxury, the risk they took was too high.

Why not fly it with cargo instead.

7 Likes

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Patrick33(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2018
Just give me one...who cares about sand in some places.. emeka will clean the engine wella grin grin

14 Likes

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by israelmao(m): 7:18am On Jul 19, 2018
A car!

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Yinxies(f): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Maybe the cars can be repaired

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Pavore9: 7:28am On Jul 19, 2018
Insurance has it covered but those cars can be repaired in Nigeria! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by paymentvoucher: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2018
shocked if these cars enter Shith*le, it will be branded as Direct Belgium

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by LordOrochimaru(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2018
Nigerian importers right now

cheesy
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2018
they can sell one to me for 200k even if E go fit work again I go put am I'm from of my house so my enemies go know say I don land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
they can sell one to me for 200k even if E go fit work again I go put am In front of my house so my enemies go know say I don land
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Kog45(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2018
Patrick33:
Just give me one...who cares about sand in some places.. emeka will clean the engine wella grin grin
Are you a BMW user?but as a bmw user my waheed will make the car function to the admiralty of the maker.

Make dem ship dem come naija and see naija wonder.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Lexusgs430: 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
They should just sell all for FREE... We buyers can decide how to tackle our expensive purchases........

2 Likes

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by bejeria101(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Ship em to naija! Na branding new dem go sell am.

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by HoodBillionaire: 7:56am On Jul 19, 2018
watch as toks bmw wud flood nairaland and whole of naija
such as accident free
cold a/c
non accidented
we all know what uk used means

God is never coming to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by nabegibeg: 8:00am On Jul 19, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
they can sell one to me for 200k even if E go fit work again I go put am I'm from of my house so my enemies go know say I don land

Poverty mentality grin grin

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Kewtt: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by pol23: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
Brand new Car.
Here in Nigeria....many people don't know what's call a new car including those Yeyebrity.
We won't stop working and someday soon,mercy will locate us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Kewtt: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2018
nabegibeg:

Poverty mentality grin grin
You know am? You sabi wia hin dey come from?
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2018
From the comments so far, we will always remain a third world country... I believe it is Nigerians destiny to never manufacture anything.
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Partnerbiz(f): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2018
Watch out for tin can lagos
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by stubbornman(m): 8:34am On Jul 19, 2018
They are on their way to Nigeria
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by BanevsJoker(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2018
Kog45:
Are you a BMW user?but as a bmw user my waheed will make the car function to the admiralty of the maker.

Make dem ship dem come naija and see naija wonder.
ADMIRATION

1 Like

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by ayojosh2k(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2018
Iyepe Lasan Lasan.....
Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by jaxxy(m): 9:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Bmw is already suffering declining sales due to improvements from Mercedes and other competitors and now this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2018
Connoisseur:

£11m = small fortune

Epp me ask Autojosh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kia Owners Forum / Swiss Nationale Represents Nigeria In Dubai Motor Race (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Hits Built-up Area In Owode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.