Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” (25566 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Stuns At Her Late Father’s 5th Year Remembrance / Dolapo Badmus Joins Gucci World, Shows Off Her Gucci Wears / Dolapo Badmus Weds On December 1st (Pre-Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by mapet: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
janellemonae:
Rugged man is just angry that the ACP, Yomi shogunde, announced an endorsement without paying him.

Rugged man probably believes korede Bello got paid to be the face of the Nigerian police force, so he expects to get paid before they start using his face for their #reformsars campaign. To be fair it's not a misplaced expectation.

It is a useless expectation. If there was no agreement why will he be expecting to be paid for an unsolicited video he made? The discision to pay Korede Bello, if he was ever paid is at the discretion of the Police if there was no prior agreement
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by gassbee: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
yea more like it, Matured response
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by dangoteinlaw: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2018
Dolapo badmus is nothing but the police Olosho whose job is to service the transmission crooner. I respect ruggedman for his stand on this issue. Being right or wrong at least he stood for something. What are the rest USELESS celebrities doing??

But when it's time to take Ur moni they start posting on IG and all that. Even the coward who couldn't fulfill an ordinary protest has never one day even taken a stand on this issue. If the citizens die who go play Ur songs?? Ode!!!
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by dangoteinlaw: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
mapet:

Bros,

Let's be fair and realistic.......

1. What was Ruggedman's objective with his initial video............and how does one reconciles it with #Endsars
2. Ruggedman was unnecessarily abusive on Shogule. What is the need for the unnecessary personal attacks and insult Ruggedman posted when Shogunle did not attack him. Let's be fair people, what has Sogunle done wrong here?
3. If Ruggedman had this kind of relationship with someone in police like Dolapo Badmus, and still went on with his seeming attack on police as an institution, then he's either unstable or looking for cheap popularity.
4. Did you notice that both Sogunle and Badmus had been civil in their response to him?
are u really this shallow minded or u just picked Today of all day to be a naive dummy?
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by planetx13: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
kenex4ever:
u r so predictable.

As in .... the guy is so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by mapet: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
are u really this shallow minded or u just picked Today of all day to be a naive dummy?

Unfortunately, I picked today of all day to converse with a delinquent class-fool. Who names himself "dangoteinlaw" if not someone that his physically and intellectually lazy and perpetually suffering from inferiority complex
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MollyBank: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ryocaj:

oga Ade both are correct.. but ppl use u can't eat ur cake and have it often coz it beta explains d proverb..

English people that invented English say "It's you can't have your cake and eat it"

The later sounds very well to your ear and seems like it very well explains the proverb but it's wrong. Please don't speak that even in your bedroom.
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MollyBank: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
pafo:

It’s an idiom and there is nothing wrong with the way she used it.

In fact, it does make more sense to some people that way.

English people that invented English say "It's you can't have your cake and eat it"

The later sounds very well to your ear and seems like it very well explains the proverb but it's wrong. Please don't speak that even in your bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by pafo(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
MollyBank:

No problem, but I am still adamant it ain't wrong.

Both means the same thing.
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MollyBank: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
pafo:

No problem, but I am still adamant it ain't wrong.

Both means the same thing.

My dear it is wrong. Google is your friend. Anyone that uses it the way the shameless cop used is does so because it sounds convincing that than the correct one.

Please don't use it!

1 Like

Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by idris4eva(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
When do this people even have time to be posting on sm when they were suppose to be working.
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
pafo:

It’s an idiom and there is nothing wrong with the way she used it.

In fact, it does make more sense to some people that way.

It’s wrong! The correct idiom is “you can’t have your cake and eat it”
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by pafo(m): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
ROSYL:

It’s wrong! The correct idiom is “you can’t have your cake and eat it”

Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
kenex4ever:
u r so predictable.
You will lose all your life saving of the few money you have if you try predicting us.
Monitoring spirit

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by kenex4ever(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
post=69532082:

You will lose all your life saving of the few money you have if you try predicting us.
Monitoring spirit
completely senseless
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by Ryocaj(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2018
MollyBank:

it ain't wrong.. its just used coz it beta explains d proverb.. go find out n get back 2 me..
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MollyBank: 10:05am On Jul 20, 2018
Ryocaj:

it ain't wrong.. its just used coz it beta explains d proverb.. go find out n get back 2 me..

Keep wallowing in ignorance.
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by Ryocaj(m): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2018
MollyBank:

Keep wallowing in ignorance.
u r d ignorant one.. just 2mb would enlighten u.. go find out n m waiting..
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MollyBank: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2018
Ryocaj:

u r d ignorant one.. just 2mb would enlighten u.. go find out n m waiting..

Find out from who? I grew up with people who own English and still live with them. The correct idiom is "You cant have your cake and eat it".

Learn and move on!
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by Ryocaj(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
MollyBank:

Find out from who? I grew up with people who own English and still live with them. The correct idiom is "You cant have your cake and eat it".

Learn and move on!
Me I grew up with doz who own Chinese na.. olobe.. D initial form was U can't av ur cake n eat it.. but ppl resorted 2 u can't eat ur cake n av it coz it beta explains d phrase.. both r very correct.. learn dude..
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by MollyBank: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ryocaj:

Me I grew up with doz who own Chinese na.. olobe.. D initial form was U can't av ur cake n eat it.. but ppl resorted 2 u can't eat ur cake n av it coz it beta explains d phrase.. both r very correct.. learn dude..

Learn Woman!
Re: Dolapo Badmus Slams Ruggedman: “You can’t eat your cake and have it” by Ryocaj(m): 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
MollyBank:

Learn Woman!
Lol.. I can c y..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okiki Afolayan And Wife Abimbola Ogunnowo Throwback Vs Now Photos / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce / Donjazzy Congratulates Donald Trump During Swearing In As President (pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.