Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones (26510 Views)

Some Families Are Really Suffering This Period / Why Are Some Families Like This? / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by desoul2004(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2018
dopemama:
If u want ur in laws to hate you! Marry their breadwinner!... African proverb!

You're a prophet.

5 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Yhelay(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2018
this op is very on point

some of the issues our parents raise about girls of some tribes and towns

Ogun girls: They are diabolical

Mbaise girls: Wickedness is their other name

Ibadan girls: They are dirty and flirt

Imo girls: they are too materialistic

Ebira girls: they are slowpoke

Ikwere/Ogoni: They are too troublesome

Igbo & Ibibio: They are "expensive" to marry

I just weak

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by donbachi(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2018
Tribal unforgiveness.a particular tribe feels conquered,and as such sees the other tribes as an everlasting enemies.yes!you all know that very story,how they used economic policies like starvation to send that very tribe into extinction. another tribe feels they are more superior to others,and as such.wouldn't marry another tribe,some parent will tell their child"dont marry that very tribe,they cook with too much palm oil and peppe".so imagine how some reasons .Religious factors everywhere.muslims not allowed to marry christians.even in christiandom,a jehovah withness cant marry a catholic,etc.also,the confused parents that will always want to dictate how their children live their lives,who to marry and who not to marry.finally.foolish lovers that cant listen to their own hearts,but listens to that of their parents...marry your heart desire and the heart desires of your parents.as for me,the heart is mine and i chose whom to love with it,and the di**k is also mine,i also chose where to put it...bye.

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by nazablossom(f): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2018
I'm a living witness, don't ask me to narrate, it's so painful. Up till now, I still ask my self, what if?

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Billygee2u: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2018
Priscy01:
Read his instructive writeup and share your thoughts;
"Nigerian families destroyed most marriages Shar..
From tribe, to jealousy, to insecurity.. it's terrible..
A sister feels her brother is being jazzed by his wife because he bought her a car..
But she's keeping malice with her own husband because he hasn't done same for her

Most mother's want to overwork your wife to be to see if she's the one for you.. but be quick to advice her own daughter not to let her in-laws use her as a servant.. why ?

A father believes his son should be constantly sending him money not considering the fact that he has his own family to cater for.. and eventually when he doesn't have to give, they go with the narrative that he's spending on the in-laws more.. then the bad blood starts rolling

Families will tell their male kids not to marry a poor girl that doesn't have anything she's doing.. same families will caution their jobless daughter to only marry a rich man that can take care of her very well..why's that ?

A Yoruba girl would rather settle for a TUNDE with four to five girlfriends than an EBUKA who is a proper loyal gentleman, because she's has the orientation that nothing good will come out from dating the latter.. it's more like a song for them when they were younger. Tribe!!!

Every other family is not clean.. you'll take their names to several pastors for prayer before you decide if they can marry your child.. but did you equally take names of your own family members ?

In my town, we were made to believe that all ESAN people are witches and troublesome, that we can't marry them.. hardly will you see a delta man who's married to an ESAN woman. Hardly.. my same people dislike igbo's because they believe they're ritualists.. but what re we ?

Some families even see churches as an obstacle.. they're redeemed we re Catholic.. we can't marry them.. i mean.. isn't it the same God ?.. someone said to his son, even if it's an slowpoke I don't mind as long as she's from our town.. LoL. Really ?

Me for one never really cared about anyone I settled with.. as long as she brings me peace and makes me happy.. be her Yoruba, Igbo, efik, Tiv or idoma.. even igala and ebira.. but the family factor always plays in my head.. it's terrible. �

One of my best relationship was from a Kaduna girl.. about 4yrs older than me... Her name was arashiiaa.. she was near perfect, matured and peaceful.. the day I told my uncles about her was the day they talked me out of the relationship.. we no go fit go that side they said �

-dem too dey spoil.. she old pass you sef. Abeg go fine better girl.. everyone had flaws but us.. now If u decide to say Bleep all and go against them.. the world will turn on you when life goes south on issues which aren't even relating.. smh"

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-writes-on-how-some-families-have-destroyed-the-marriages-of-their-loved-ones.html

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by hismerhill(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2018
derrydinny:
you are obviously not married. How will you react if you see your mum crying in her room and she says your wife abused her? How will you react when your wife gets angry because you believed your mother over her? How will you react when your father calls your in-law and tell them how your wife abused his wife even when she didn't? don't under estimate the role of family in your marriage bro, even marrriage counsellors divorce when the pressure of family is too much

Brother I don't know u but I say God bless u. No be child's play matter walahi

4 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by baddosky1: 7:34am On Jul 20, 2018
chillychill:

Yimu even if he is richer than dangote walahi my papa will send d both of em out either stylishly or annoyingly.

You lie!
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Chikicaka(f): 7:36am On Jul 20, 2018
Not only family, opinions of total strangers...you see them on NL asking ridiculous questions
Should i marry a single mom
Should i marry this guy that hit me once
Should i marry this girl that is greedy and materialistic
Should i marry this muslim guy
yadayadayada, sorting opinions is good but we forget that most times the onus is on us to decide our future wink

7 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Divay22(f): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2018
dopemama:
And mostly if they ain't in support of it and something bad gets to happen to him.
Be ready to face the music..

Na last born of the family i like marry o or middle one. But elder brother or son, my power no catch am o grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by ruthgiftonjeh98(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2018
donstan18:
Families can only destroy a marriage of weak and unintelligent couples.

If your marriage get destroyed by your family, you are a fool and should be held responsible for allowing a third party destroy your marriage or joy.

If you know your stand in your marriage, your parents will know their boundary.
CORRECT BRO
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by sheettle(m): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
truth, I have always been told never to get close to Ibadan girls, they said they are worst in all , wherereas my most love girlfriend was Ibadan and the one that visit there frequent, they even warned me against abeokuta girls , they said there juju and destroying of man fortune no get part two and egbira girls for promicicous nature, I just weak be dey look like mumu
LOL! The difference between what you were told and what mum tells me is that she includes Lagos girls to her own list.

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by sabi99(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2018
deepwater:
Nairaland ruins marriage faster

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by sexdoll: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2018
this is what happens when people allow stereotypical mentality to control their lives.

unfortunately, so many people are guilty of this.

even those complaining here on this thread.

why would someone i consider quite intelligent tell me never to marry a nurse because nurses are known to be super flirts?

i asked him, "guy is it the nurse that makes someone a flirt or the flirt that makes someone a nurse?"

the idiot hasn't replied me with a sensible answer ever since.

6 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Hisduchess(f): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2018
derrydinny:
you are obviously not married. How will you react if you see your mum crying in her room and she says your wife abused her? How will you react when your wife gets angry because you believed your mother over her? How will you react when your father calls your in-law and tell them how your wife abused his wife even when she didn't? don't under estimate the role of family in your marriage bro, even marrriage counsellors divorce when the pressure of family is too much
God bless you for this.the role of a family in marriages can never be underestimated. if they hate u I mean real hatred my dear its completely finished for the person cos they will make sure the person sees hell on earth,cos they can go to any extent.no matter how good a man or woman is, at a time they kinda starts listening to other people's opinion about their spouse and the r/ship will start having problems.

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by delishpot: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2018
post=69539374:

Lol, cheesy you are so very ON POINT!

Some families even see churches as an obstacle.. they're redeemed we re Catholic.. we can't marry them.. i mean.. isn't it the same God ?.. 

Food For thought!

Its the same God but not the same mode of worship. One church would forbid one thing while the other would not mind it. One church has programe 3 times a week while the other is a sunday sunday thing. Such differences can cause marital problems if care is not taken unless they both are sunday sunday christians in their respective churches. There need to be understanding on this one.

6 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:51am On Jul 20, 2018
delishpot:

Its the same God but not the same mode of worship. One church would forbid one thing while the other would not mind it. One church has programe 3 times a week while the other is a sunday sunday thing. Such differences can cause marital problems if care is not taken unless they both are sunday sunday christians in their respective churches. There need to be understanding on this one.
True. True. True.
Good points raised by you here sir/ma.
We are just seeing this from another angle.
Thank you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Welcomme: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2018
eluquenson:
Sincerely, that's how it happens in the society we found ourselves.
Our forefathers have laid down a bad precedent.

I can recall a lady I wanted to hooked with a guy who happens to be an ebira guy from kogi. She just cut the story short that her parent doesn't want her to marry ebira.
Ebira people don suffer. .Almost every parent don't want their children to marry Ebira.
The truth is, Ebira people are unnecessarily violent and always angry. You will hardly see them laugh but they mske it up with intelligence.

6 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by luminouz(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2018
nazablossom:
I'm a living witness, don't ask me to narrate, it's so painful. Up till now, I still ask my self, what if?
Tell me babe!!!
I wanna know
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by SenorFax(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2018
BabbanBura:

Very true my Brother but it all depends on us either to take this shit or not. When my mum started seeing girls outside her spec visiting me, together with her husband started shame-calling the girls' tribes, family history or region. I had to surmon the both of them for a meeting where i made it clear that the sentiment shit they are talking about can not and does not apply to me. Whoever and whereever my love is and come from provided we are of same religious and personal ideology - boom! i will wife her. They started justifying their concerns to the extent of saying "the devil you know is better than the angel you do not know". I said "Mum, Dad, i am no marrying any devil, worst case if i know she is one. I will take my chances at finding that angel i do not know". Case close, no one pressures me anymore.
One of the very reasons many buckle to this balckmail is fear of being cut off from the family. Go and succeed, damn them respectfully, and na them go come look for you later. Don't worry about that dream exotic wedding you want them to sponsor, you can do that much later when they come back to you.
Cheers
You just busted my brain bro..... Kudos
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Hisduchess(f): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2018
dopemama:

this is so ooo true.the war no be here
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2018
SPOT-ON!... irrespective of all the barriers, I go for who I want. #ITS MY LIFE!

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Grupo(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2018
derrydinny:

All you listed will only happen if you live in your family house with your wife.

As a man, endeavor to move away from your family house before getting married. Else, you will face some problems in your marriage, irrespective of where you married from.

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by BestDude: 8:14am On Jul 20, 2018
Tflex01:

Unfortunately this can not change anytime soon. Especially because of this social media thing. cool

What Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook and others are doing to relationships dis days no be here o cool
lol. Only people who are not educated will allow such. By educated I don't mean just knowing how to read and write. If your thought process are not well co-ordinated, sorry you are not educated.

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by neonly: 8:16am On Jul 20, 2018
Ukalejohn:
What about religion? You can't marry a girl because she's a Muslim and you're a Christian

Marry a Muslim at yur own risk if u are a Christian

6 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by JamesIkosong(m): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2018
If you have written a book, don't just rush to publish it. Contact an editor.

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2018
post=69538593:
A Yoruba girl would rather settle for a TUNDE with four to five girlfriends than an EBUKA who is a proper loyal gentleman, because she's has the orientation that nothing good will come out from dating the latter.. it's more like a song for them when they were younger!

TRIBALISM: one of the main problem of NIGERIA.
Why can't we live like brothers and sisters and leave alone the hate and spite?!
In ONE NIGERIA we believe.

Good morning
You missed the biggest issue regarding tribalism
The biggest elephant in Nigeria-
We do not all believe in One Nigeria
Some of us believe in freedom and self determination- with the same passion you have about Nigeria, some breathe and pray and dream for/of Biafra
So you see?
General statements like your last one are erroneous
That said, with different nations, it would be perfectly beautiful for Ronke to marry Uche
Cos they are free beings who find love
And not puppets of a white man's uncaring experiment
Tied to dissimilar peoples and doomed to never amount to anything much that can compete on the global stage, well, read "In Biafra Africa died"
I digress shaa, this thread is about marriage sef.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Realhommie(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2018
tiredoflife:
Entitlement mentality of ladies too has ruined more unions
Very true..

When i posted that Reno Omokri's tweet on a guy not obligated to cater to his girlfriend's needs on my whatsapp status, many of my female friends all said same thing, na poor man or person wey no get money dey think like that. Lol

Two even went full throttle, omo come see para na.. It's sad really.. And the Op is so on point.

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by BabbanBura(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2018
chillychill:

Yimu even if he is richer than dangote walahi my papa will send d both of em out either stylishly or annoyingly.

He never jam pikin like me.
By the way i like the message on your DP
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by omooba969(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2018
nazablossom:

Wetin happen na?smiley

Biko, share ya story. cool

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Realhommie(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2018
nazablossom:
You could try to just give a little insight please, share your experience... Let's learn a thing or two, thanks
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by omooba969(m): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2018
Divay22:

And mostly if they ain't in support of it and something bad gets to happen to him.
Be ready to face the music..

Na last born of the family i like marry o or middle one. But elder brother or son, my power no catch am o grin grin

What sort of music?smiley

Families wey don jam craze-man will tell you otherwise. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olatunbosun Adopts Baby, Amiyah Jenn, Abandoned By Her Dad In US (Pics) / Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child After 28 Years Of Marriage / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.