Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend (26520 Views)

If I Should Slap My Daughter-in-law, She Must Slap Me Back - Aisha Yesufu / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Omicronvaccine: 6:59am On Dec 16, 2021
Controversial Ghanaian relationship counsellor, Cyril George Carstensen Lutterodt has asked women to know their boundaries and ensure that they don't become too cordial and familiar with her mother-in-law, IgbereTV reports.

Lutterodt claimed that women who compliment their mother-in-law have a problem in an interview on TV3, added that anyone who is nice to their mother-in-law will have a problem in the future.

He said;

“Anyone who compliments the mother-in-law has a problem. Anyone nice to the mother-in-law will have a problem in the future. You will never be able to befriend your mother-in-law. It’s depravity and disrespect.

My wife and my mother will never be friends. They do not fight, but they are unable to be friends. Respect must be present. The respect comes from the fact that she is an in-law, and you respect her on that level. You are not required to be nice to your mother-in-law.

Don’t address her as your mother. She is your wife’s mother-in-law. Don’t be shy about saying it. She is not your mother, but rather your husband’s mother. You will never be her daughter. Remember that."

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXem9MnltE7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by tillaman(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2021
If she’s nice to the wife I don’t see why the wife shouldn’t start seeing her as her mother!

Kudos to all the men out there that knows how to balance both sides, Mama go dey throw her tantrums, Wife go dey do her own, they wan put you for tight spot Omo it’s really hard to pick sides
All na wisdom

149 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by MufasaLion: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2021
Each to his own.

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by itsme01: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2021
cool

Is he scared if his wife and mother are close they might plan and plot against him..

This is why I like China.. according to Chinese law taking care of your parents when old is compulsory, mandatory and failure to comply would lead you straight to jail

The counsellor needs to understand raising an average child to adult hood cost atleast 15 million naira and that's just feeding for 2 decades, clothing, and education, not to mention emotional and physical investment which can't be quantified

The least you can do for someone who spent over 15 million raising you through sweat and blood, is to allow your wife play with her and bond with her like a daughter especially when she's down and lonely

304 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Bankowner: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2021
Sebi na because the Counselor na man. I wish he was a woman so that he can get a dose of his own medicine.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2021
grin He's right oo. Married women should have boundaries which even mothers-inlaw shouldn't cross. After all the mother in law has enjoyed her own marriage, and so must give way for the daughter-in law to steer her home.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Shedrack777: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2021
i wonder how some people manage to become relationship counselor

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by oj3k(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Okay
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by tobtap: 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Counselor from hell

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by WonderManly(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
You see...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Oblongata: 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Fear women!

I am sure all women want their husbands to treat their mothers as their mother, but for them to treat the husband’s mother as their mother mba!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by irunoko(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Stop spreading toxic culture.if she's nice to you give her the same love and respect,if she's narcissistic and someone obsessed with creating rancour everywhere she goes still love her but from a distance because of your mental health, sanity and peace of mind.however I'm in support of creating healthy boundaries because some inlaws in some families too do.aseju Yi Na ni

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Aethiops: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
Very true your wife mother can never be your friend

Bcus when matter sup na she go advice her daughter to abandon you or cheat

Women are pretenders

If you don't gerrit forget abourrit

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Creamz(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
Very crazy talk! My mother in law is like my mother. I treat her as nice as I can. My wife equally treats my mother as her mum and as a result my mum gave her a very good high paying job. So all this useless people should just shut their dirty mouth!

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by TeeGentle(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
everybody has his/her own point of view
but that is bad counselling

9 Likes

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
Who are those animals?
Who made this one marriage counsellor?
I was close to my mother in law before her death and never disrespected her for any day

I have all kinds of window blind, 3D wallpaper and 3D wall panel at affordable prices. Check my signature for pictures

24 Likes

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by slawormiir: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Shedrack777:
i wonder how some people manage to become relationship counselor

As in ehnnn
Stupid talk from stupid relationships counselor
Me personally ehnnn....before I marry any woman I will rent an apartment for my mother and the woman....and they are going to stay in that apartment together for nine months....if during that nine months they don't get along then ain't gonna marry that woman

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by EmperorTolson: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
Do unto your mother-in-law what you'd want your wife to do unto your mother and vice versa.
Don't follow everything you see on the internet dogmatically.
My little advice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Mexyz(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
Counsellor isonu...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
First to cement
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by nairaman66(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
This counselor is showing you the quickest way out of your marriage!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Impregnable101: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
Cut & nail counselor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by YoungLionken(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
Just tell them to poison her cool...
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by DirtyGold: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
Grammar - Use of words is something one needs to play attention to.

He didn't say don't be nice to your MIL, he said you don't have to.
Just like you don't have to like your boss but, respect and reverence must be constant.

Replace the word "friend" with "playmate" and it will make better sense.

Psoul:
Still sounds like a foolish counsel.
Not foolish but, unnecessary.
I understand that this is an emotional topic and sentiments abounds. I bet that majority of the people commenting did so in reaction to the sensationalized headline... Not the content.
It doesn't make sense and you talking about Employer/Employee relationship, they are two different kettle of fish.
To you
You can't compare Employer/Employee relationship with Husban-Wife-Mother Inlaw relationship.
So forget that grammar.
Why not? A lot of people don't realise that they spend majority of their waking hours at their jobs even more than with their spouses! It is unusual for a MIL/FIL to be part of your day - everyday! While your boss is inescapable virtually everyday except on Sundays.
And that employer-employee relationship directly provides you tangible and intangible benefits besides finance. At best, your MIL/FIL will only provide you indirect intangible benefits.

To reiterate the initial point of this thread with a different analogy, you don't have to be friends with your neighbours but, maintain a cordial relationship such that you can greet each other good morning without either of you squeezing your face.

What's tha business?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Johnboom: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2021
End time councillor. Some have questions to answer from God.
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by funsho75(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2021
Something i read online this days

1 Like

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Presidential16: 7:22am On Dec 16, 2021
Sure he is right..same applies to husbands and their mother-in-law too....no familiarity whatsoever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? / The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria / When Your Mother Calls You The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.