Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,654 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports (32422 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by soliddust2020: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2018
Op singapore has the most powerful passport in the world.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Reference(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2018
adesina746:
How will i get sweden passport. Help a brother o.

Sincerely hope you donot get it. Stay in your country and make it a Sweden.
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 20, 2018
alatbaba1:
Nigerian passport is the most useless passport ever

I'm sure you don't have one, because if you have I'm very sure your uselessness is raise to the power of 72. shocked

You don't appreciate little beginning...

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Klington: 8:55am On Jul 20, 2018
Good job

Buh the details lack Manure
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ogbenisoft28(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2018
Number 1 is confusing !!! Expantiate

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by bedspread: 8:55am On Jul 20, 2018
I saw this somewhere ...

Yeah the thing Weak me

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2018
Learn to be humble and appreciate, you'll be a leader few days to come.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by SaintLucia: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2018
adesina746:
Why not go for Biafra passport, it can take you to 78 villages in the East. Apply now at Unwazurieke Office at Ajijedidun Street off Agunlejika street Ijeshatedo Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by dimexy247(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2018
Please get your facts before you post them, some of your facts are false. Singapore and Japan holds the most powerful passport in the world and the number of countries accessible is 180
Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain, and South Korea are number 3 with access to 178 countries.

Revolva:
For budding travelers, holding their first passport is wonderful. It offers a sense of possibility and excitement. It turns out that there are a lot of other things to know about passports right now. I highlight a list of 10 facts you may not know about a passport.

Your passport is not necessarily valid until the expiration date

Many countries require you to have a valid passport for up to six months after you arrive which means you can never travel up until the expiration date. The requirement is in place to ensure your passport doesn’t expire while you are traveling.

Nicaraguan passports are among the hardest to forge 

With no fewer than 89 security features, including ‘bio-dimensional barcodes’, holograms and watermarks, the Nicaraguan passport is among the hardest documents in the world to forge.

Getting a visa may take more time than you think.

Applying for a visa can be among the most complicated document transactions you will ever encounter. Many countries have multiple types, including tourist, work, business and student visas, and the application process and turnaround times can vary dramatically for each.

Sweden is the home of the world’s most powerful passport

The most desirable passport belongs to the Swedes. Impressively, it costs just $43 and gets you into 174 countries without a visa.

Many passports have cool secret features.

Many passports in the world today have security features to prevent them from being replicated. The new Norwegian passport — the design of which was chosen from a public competition — shows the northern lights when you put it under a UV light. And the U.S. passport has some 30 different security features.

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2018
Revolva:
F
Sweden is the home of the world’s most powerful passport[/b]

The most desirable passport belongs to the Swedes. Impressively, it costs just $43 and gets you into 174 countries without a visa.

the above is certainly NOT true, the best passport in the world (that would get you in most countries visa free) is the Singapore one.... Swedish passport isnt even the best in Europe, the best in Europe is the German one.

alatbaba1:

thats also not true, Afghanistan passport is the worst in the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2018
How do I get a Swedish passport?
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by AreaFada2: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Oceannaagent:
Quite informative.
Swedish passport, so desirable

Singapore has taken over already. German passport is even way ahead now.

Any European Union/EEA passport is better than Singapore passport though. It is not just about travelling visa free. Unless you're a profesional tourist paid to review tourist resorts worldwide.

EU/EEA passports will actually allow you not only to travel to around 170 countries visa free (including USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, etc), you can also settle & work in around 40 countries in Western Europe. Including non-EU countries like Norway, Switzerland, etc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by adesina746: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Reference:

Sincerely hope you donot get it. Stay in your country and make it a Sweden.

Biko how will we make it a sweden na wen all the sentimental e warriors have devided us na. We need unity to make it a sweden.
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by olametrix(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Abeg which passport can i use with free plane ticket

Or any order alternatives
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by BedLam: 9:07am On Jul 20, 2018
Benblaq:
Nigerian passport can ruin your entire image and reputation the moment you bring it out outside Naija
Dude stop this nonsense of feeling entitled to people liking you all over this world. Your perception of the world is very wrong and flawed. I've not had anyone looked at me or disregarded me for being a Nigerian outside this country. People are always willing to learn more when I tell them I'm a Nigerian. The way you carry yourself and see things is why people disre6 you or maybe just you feeling entitled or being inferior to yourself. Even the Chinese don't like the Japanese that much. Get out of your black as.s and embrace the world. No one owes you a thing, likeness or respect, unless you earn it!

6 Likes

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by AfricanMagic(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2018
adesina746:
how you take know wetin dey ma mind bro
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2018
X
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 20, 2018
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ijaya123: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2018
Benblaq:
Nigerian passport can ruin your entire image and reputation the moment you bring it out outside Naija

Is it not the same passport Davido, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage etc are using?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ijaya123: 9:15am On Jul 20, 2018
alatbaba1:

It is pretty obvious you do not have one. People that talk like this are the useless ones. Same passport millions of well-meaning Nigerians have been using...

2 Likes

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by adesina746: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2018
AfricanMagic:
how you take know wetin dey ma mind bro

Na because we both like better tin
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by room089: 9:22am On Jul 20, 2018
echelons:
I'm still trying to decide what you're implying in number 1.

same here bro!

it seems to me like a paradox.
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by onehouse(m): 9:23am On Jul 20, 2018
Just a heads up or update: Swedish passport use to be the most powerful passport before now due to the number of countries a swede can visit without passport. However, it's no longer the case according to : https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

We can see that it's position has drop and almost in same ranking as Germany and other related country in the EU.

However, I have come to understand that your passport doesn't define you as a person. By God's grace and mercy, I have both Nigerian and a Swedish a passport and I can tell you that I don't feel any different compare to when I didn't have a Swedish passport. I have not even traveled out for once with it. Not because i don't have the money or time, but I have come to understand that the greatness of a man is not tie to any of this passports but it lies within everyone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by thesicilian: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2018
Fukafuka:
cool
You think N17,000 + was easy to come by back then?

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Suko110(m): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2018
Benbisco:

What is the relationship between naked women and this post?
Are you not a Nigerian? If people dont make caricature of themselves in a day, know smth is off
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Billygee2u: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2018
Benblaq:
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Baronnaire: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2018
The most powerful passport is the that of Singapore...

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by DSDLIVEREPORT: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2018
Benblaq:
Depends on who holds it bro
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Baronnaire: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2018
JixNation:
How do I get a Swedish passport?

The current (2018) most powerful passport is that of Singapore...

https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by MsGood(f): 9:35am On Jul 20, 2018
You stole this article from SDK blog without credit. Continue o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad / Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com / Bus Somersaults 3 Times In Enugu While Avoiding Hilux, 6 Burnt (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.