Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports (32230 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by alatbaba1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ijaya123:

With the same useless and worthless passport I guess? grin grin grin

yes. had no choice. just know its Worthless just know that.
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Revolva(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
How To Apply For Your Nigerian Passport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcQQjhjO3A
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Zdoh(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2018
awelekiti:
that's not true. I've been carrying Nigerian passport majestically and proudly since 2004. Amazingly, I travelled for the first time to US on a Virgin passport unassisted in my late 20s. I've displayed it in various border posts like US,UK,Germany,Switzerland,France,Holland and the remaining north American countries. Even though I had the opportunity to apply for foreign passport, I declined to do so. I believe in Nigeria. Nigeria has made me and I'm already giving back. You can imagine a US government inviting you for a meeting , being the only one to be so invited in the whole of Nigeria. How many foreign passport holders had such a rare opportunity to have an evening with the US President? I was in Germany recently and on getting to the immigration Officer at the departure post, I presented my passport for stamping and he said wow, so you're from Nigeria. Which part are you from and I said Ekiti state but I live and work in Lagos. He said he loves Lagos as he's been there a couple of times and the gist started. He was so much engrossed with the gist that he forgot many people on the queue. The way you see Nigeria is what becomes of you but many have failed to realise this. Your being born in Nigeria isn't by default. God knows. Ask God to unleash your potentials so you could thrive and fulfill the purpose for which you were born here.
I am so exited to hear this.......My God continue to bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by lastempero: 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Throw more light on Number 1

Don't mind the op about that, u can renew ur valid passport once it is less than 6months to the expiry date.
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ugosample(m): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ijaya123:

It is pretty obvious you do not have one. People that talk like this are the useless ones. Same passport millions of well-meaning Nigerians have been using...

The stress that passport has caused me is enough for me to hate it.

What's worse?
Nigeria has the diplomatic clout to make it better I.e. negotiate more bilateral deals with other countries and all.

Now because of that useless passport, I cannot travel to a lot of destinations at the drop of the hat (like my other friends can)
you will have to start applying for visa upon visa

even to most African countries

it's terrible
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ugosample(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
awelekiti:
that's not true. I've been carrying Nigerian passport majestically and proudly since 2004. Amazingly, I travelled for the first time to US on a Virgin passport unassisted in my late 20s. I've displayed it in various border posts like US,UK,Germany,Switzerland,France,Holland and the remaining north American countries. Even though I had the opportunity to apply for foreign passport, I declined to do so. I believe in Nigeria. Nigeria has made me and I'm already giving back. You can imagine a US government inviting you for a meeting , being the only one to be so invited in the whole of Nigeria. How many foreign passport holders had such a rare opportunity to have an evening with the US President? I was in Germany recently and on getting to the immigration Officer at the departure post, I presented my passport for stamping and he said wow, so you're from Nigeria. Which part are you from and I said Ekiti state but I live and work in Lagos. He said he loves Lagos as he's been there a couple of times and the gist started. He was so much engrossed with the gist that he forgot many people on the queue. The way you see Nigeria is what becomes of you but many have failed to realise this. Your being born in Nigeria isn't by default. God knows. Ask God to unleash your potentials so you could thrive and fulfill the purpose for which you were born here.

how do you feel when you have to apply for visas ALL THE TIME for most countries of the world?

That passport is a disadvantage and you know it!

You may be held in high esteem (maybe because of your personality) but the passport is still USELESS

Passport that cannot guarantee you free movement to at leadt 30% of the countries of the world is not worth it

it pains my heart to say it, but its true
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ugosample:

how do you feel when you have to apply for visas ALL THE TIME for most countries of the world?

That passport is a disadvantage and you know it!

You may be held in high esteem (maybe because of your personality) but the passport is still USELESS

Passport that cannot guarantee you free movement to at leadt 30% of the countries of the world is not worth it

it pains my heart to say it, but its true
Hmm. Ok but do not be deceived. The western countries even require a visa to enter Nigeria,. despite how strong in quote, their passports are. A US or a British passport holder cannot enter Nigeria without a visa or entry clearance. Mind you, our visa is not easy to get by them. You have to have a genuine purpose of applying before you could be granted one as a foreigner. If you ask me, I would also say their passport is useless because they cannot enter Nigeria freely without a visa stamp on it. I always prefer applying for visa at any embassy. I do not have to be there in person. I can be sent down on my behalf by someone else why I spend my quality time on something else, instead of queuing at the embassy for visa. I rep naija anywhere. We can also enter all the west african countries without a visa, the same way an EU passport holder could enter any of their EU countries without a visa, same with the GCC countries and US/Canada. Every economic region of the world enjoys free entry and free exit, same with Nigeria in west africa
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ugosample(m): 12:07am On Aug 17, 2018
awelekiti:
Hmm. Ok but do not be deceived. The western countries even require a visa to enter Nigeria,. despite how strong in quote, their passports are. A US or a British passport holder cannot enter Nigeria without a visa or entry clearance. Mind you, our visa is not easy to get by them. You have to have a genuine purpose of applying before you could be granted one as a foreigner. If you ask me, I would also say their passport is useless because they cannot enter Nigeria freely without a visa stamp on it. I always prefer applying for visa at any embassy. I do not have to be there in person. I can be sent down on my behalf by someone else why I spend my quality time on something else, instead of queuing at the embassy for visa. I rep naija anywhere. We can also enter all the west african countries without a visa, the same way an EU passport holder could enter any of their EU countries without a visa, same with the GCC countries and US/Canada. Every economic region of the world enjoys free entry and free exit, same with Nigeria in west africa

grin cheesy

their passport is useless because they cannot enter Nigeria visa free grin

Joke of the month cheesy

I like your optimism, I really wish I could be

But the truth is the truth

we carry a USELESS passport
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 17, 2018
Ugosample:

grin cheesy

their passport is useless because they cannot enter Nigeria visa free grin

Joke of the month cheesy

I like your optimism, I really wish I could be

But the truth is the truth

we carry a USELESS passport
google is your friend. Britons and Americans are being denied visa by Nigerian embassies in their countries. So, why not enter our country for free with their passport freely if their visa is so important. It should have been an automatic ticket to enter every country na grin I don't carry a useless passport ok?. I get the same category of US, UK even other country's visa like every other countrys' citizens do. My passport could only be said to be useless if I'm denied those visas. For your information, I have a five-year validity British visa and 4 years validity Canadian visa on my passport, both which expires until expiry of my new passport. A useless passport won't have enjoyed such privilege
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ugosample(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2018
awelekiti:
google is your friend. Britons and Americans are being denied visa by Nigerian embassies in their countries. So, why not enter our country for free with their passport freely if their visa is so important. It should have been an automatic ticket to enter every country na grin I don't carry a useless passport ok?. I get the same category of US, UK even other country's visa like every other countrys' citizens do. My passport could only be said to be useless if I'm denied those visas. For your information, I have a five-year validity British visa and 4 years validity Canadian visa on my passport, both which expires until expiry of my new passport. A useless passport won't have enjoyed such privilege

I know US and UK and even Canada need visas to come here (in fact that is the only reason why my cousins renew their Nigerian passports in the first olace)

that is not in doubt

But because they need a visa to come to a mismanaged third world shithole does not make there passports USELESS

they can all go to at least 170 countries each with less hassles, while your green piece of shit cannot even get you up to 50.

And you will not get consular protection with your Nigerian shithole passport the way the Americans or Canadians will get.

And yea, I got visas on my passport too, so it's no big deal.

But the lack of free movement is the drawbacj of using the green passport.

If you are called to go to Brazil by Sunday for an important business (something like this has happened to me b4) You cannot go because your passport is useless cheesy grin
You will have to wait and apply for visa that will take weeks and a lot of documentations

An American or Brit on the other hand will but his ticket tomorrow (Saturday) and he is in Brazil on Sunday (two days from today)

Can you are now useless your passport is Mr patriot grin cheesy grin

shior tongue
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ugosample:

I know US and UK and even Canada need visas to come here (in fact that is the only reason why my cousins renew their Nigerian passports in the first olace)

that is not in doubt

But because they need a visa to come to a mismanaged third world shithole does not make there passports USELESS

they can all go to at least 170 countries each with less hassles, while your green piece of shit cannot even get you up to 50.

And you will not get consular protection with your Nigerian shithole passport the way the Americans or Canadians will get.

And yea, I got visas on my passport too, so it's no big deal.

But the lack of free movement is the drawbacj of using the green passport.

If you are called to go to Brazil by Sunday for an important business (something like this has happened to me b4) You cannot go because your passport is useless cheesy grin
You will have to wait and apply for visa that will take weeks and a lot of documentations

An American or Brit on the other hand will but his ticket tomorrow (Saturday) and he is in Brazil on Sunday (two days from today)

Can you are now useless your passport is Mr patriot grin cheesy grin

shior tongue
I got your point and where you stand now, no need for further comments after this. Your comments are your opinion to which you're entitled, not mine. Shithole or not, I like it. We don't need people like you to fix the issues on ground. We're already on course. In same place you called Shithole was my effort recognised by the US government. In recognition of my input in our Shithole economy, I was invited by the US government last year alongside a guy from south Africa to Washington DC during which the president and his predecessor, Obama gave us a welcome address. The same man who called us shithole gave me a warm welcome. Send me your email address and I'd send you pictures we took together if in doubt. The Brazil you mentioned, I have a manufacturer there in a city called Porto Alegre. Like I reiterated in my earlier post, I don't need to queue for any country's visa not even that of Brazil or Argentina . All I need do is ask someone help me take my passport with visa application there and my visa is out without delays. Im a citizen of a Shithole who enjoys some rare privilege. I love my Shithole because God has blessed me in it. I can't imagine being outside the country and be wasting my precious time. Ask your people over there, for just 100 buchs and they won't pick your calls ever again. That their green card or us/canadian passport doesn't guarantee them first class citizenship. The day your people misbehave in that country, that's when they'd know where they belong cheesy I believe in shithole bright future. All the best in your quest for a greener pasture which isn't available anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Ugosample(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
awelekiti:
I got your point and where you stand now, no need for further comments after this. Your comments are your opinion to which you're entitled, not mine. Shithole or not, I like it. We don't need people like you to fix the issues on ground. We're already on course. In same place you called Shithole was my effort recognised by the US government. In recognition of my input in our Shithole economy, I was invited by the US government last year alongside a guy from south Africa to Washington DC during which the president and his predecessor, Obama gave us a welcome address. The same man who called us shithole gave me a warm welcome. Send me your email address and I'd send you pictures we took together if in doubt. The Brazil you mentioned, I have a manufacturer there in a city called Porto Alegre. Like I reiterated in my earlier post, I don't need to queue for any country's visa not even that of Brazil or Argentina . All I need do is ask someone help me take my passport with visa application there and my visa is out without delays. Im a citizen of a Shithole who enjoys some rare privilege. I love my Shithole because God has blessed me in it. I can't imagine being outside the country and be wasting my precious time. Ask your people over there, for just 100 buchs and they won't pick your calls ever again. That their green card or us/canadian passport doesn't guarantee them first class citizenship. The day your people misbehave in that country, that's when they'd know where they belong cheesy I believe in shithole bright future. All the best in your quest for a greener pasture which isn't available anywhere.

I'm glad that you have made a success of your life in Nigeria

I really am.

I'm doing well for myself too where I am, achieving much more than Nigeria could EVRR give me

It's for one to analyse himself and know what works for him

Nigeria will favour some

Abroad will favour others

That's just the drill

It's just for one to analyse the situation and take the best decision

My only wish really was that my passport gives me more freedom without having my passport turned into a wallet for visas

All the best to you boss, in your "$hithole grin
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ugosample:

I'm glad that you have made a success of your life in Nigeria

I really am.

I'm doing well for myself too where I am, achieving much more than Nigeria could EVRR give me

It's for one to analyse himself and know what works for him

Nigeria will favour some

Abroad will favour others

That's just the drill

It's just for one to analyse the situation and take the best decision

My only wish really was that my passport gives me more freedom without having my passport turned into a wallet for visas

All the best to you boss, in your "$hithole grin
Regards.
Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by nwaowerestanley: 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hello,
Please I wish to travel to Finland as a Tourist.

I want to get clarifications, in the following areas of visa application:

1. The Visa Form is it to be filled by hand or online?

2. How many months Visa do they give?

3. Is it possible to get available dates for interview appointments If yes how do I check it to enable me choose appropriately?

4. How do I go about Travel Insurance, can anyone recommend one who can help me sought it.

Please will appreciate any useful information to the above.

Thanks in anticipation.

My number is 08155570394. Also feel free to chat Me on whatsapp if need be.

dimexy247:
Please get your facts before you post them, some of your facts are false. Singapore and Japan holds the most powerful passport in the world and the number of countries accessible is 180
Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain, and South Korea are number 3 with access to 178 countries.

Re: Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports by dimexy247(m): 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
WhatsApp me on 081/3266/0886

nwaowerestanley:
Hello,
Please I wish to travel to Finland as a Tourist.

I want to get clarifications, in the following areas of visa application:

1. The Visa Form is it to be filled by hand or online?

2. How many months Visa do they give?

3. Is it possible to get available dates for interview appointments If yes how do I check it to enable me choose appropriately?

4. How do I go about Travel Insurance, can anyone recommend one who can help me sought it.

Please will appreciate any useful information to the above.

Thanks in anticipation.

My number is 08155570394. Also feel free to chat Me on whatsapp if need be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mechanic Apprentice Crashes A Client’s Car While Taking It For A Spin In Calabar / X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 / Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.