Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! (3519 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by AutoElectNG: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
Gallass:

No communication with ECU

Now we are talking....
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by AutoElectNG: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
Fix the lack of communication with the ECU...we will then have codes and we can then make meaningful progress
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Fix the lack of communication with the ECU...we will then have codes and we can then make meaningful progress

The elect guy said that the only way to fix it is for me to buy a new brain box.....please is that true?
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by AutoElectNG: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Gallass:

The elect guy said that the only way to fix it is for me to buy a new brain box.....please is that true?
Maybe.

But I would prefer to start by fixing the wiring between the ECU and the DLC.

Then do further tests before arriving at that conclusion.

ECU brainbox

DLC OBD II connector

His diagnostics appears a bit hasty.

You can't connect so ECU is bad?

Possible but farfetched

More in-depth diagnostics recommended
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Maybe.

ECU brainbox

DLC OBD II connector

Possible but farfetched

what if it's the tool that is set to wrong parameters?
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by AutoElectNG: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what if it's the tool that is set to wrong parameters?

Tool?

Which tool?

I don't know how to respond since I am not very certain which tool you are referring to.

More details so I can comment intelligently.
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Tool?

Which tool?

I don't know how to respond since I am not very certain which tool you are referring to.

More details so I can comment intelligently.

I am not the O.P

I mean garbage in garbage out wink
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by autologic: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Gallass:

No communication with ECU
I doubt this ,it was scan tool that was used that cannot understand the protocol.
Early model Nissan/Infinity cannot work with Generic scan/Obd2 tool except OEM
Look for a more professional scan tool
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
autologic:

I doubt this ,it is the scan too that was used ,most early model Nissan/Infinity cannot work with Generic scan/Obd2 tool except OEM

You are in the spirit brother wink
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by empron(m): 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
96/2000 SOME HAVE DUAL DIAGNOSTIC PORTS OBD2 AND NISSAN 14 PIN.Look for Nissan consult or a professional scanner with Nissan 14 PIN connector,you will definitely get DTC.
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Maybe.
ECU brainbox
DLC OBD II connector
Possible but farfetched
okay boss
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
autologic:

I doubt this ,it was scan tool that was used that cannot understand the protocol.
Early model Nissan/Infinity cannot work with Generic scan/Obd2 tool except OEM
really?
okay, I will do that
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
empron:
96/2000 SOME HAVE DUAL DIAGNOSTIC PORTS OBD2 AND NISSAN 14 PIN.Look for Nissan consult or a professional scanner with Nissan 14 PIN connector,you will definitely get DTC.

He also said this.... but my vehicle has just obd2 port
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2018
Thank you guys for your wonderful contributions.i will set out as from tomorrow to see if I can get this problem sorted out. I really appreciate
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by AutoElectNG: 7:55am On Aug 28, 2018
We never saw the end of this....
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by TRYGO(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
That fuel pump maybe underperforming. Get a V8 american or Bosch used fuel pump in there, a d the car MUST obey you.

Such faults won't store a trouble code in the car's computer system.

Dxta
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by TRYGO(m): 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
That fuel pump maybe underperforming. Get a V8 american or Bosch used fuel pump in there, a d the car MUST obey you.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
www.dxta.net.ng
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by autologic: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
TRYGO:

Regards,
Joseph
www.dxta.net.ng
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo
This is a kazeem mode ;Throwing a higher capacity fuel pump to problem that they don't understand .
Doing this will add extra problem(overly rich mixture ) to the initial issue at hand .
Seems we still have a lot of English speaking kazeems that need further tutoring .
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
TRYGO:

Dxta

TRYGO:

Regards,
Joseph
www.dxta.net.ng
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo

We have Grown beyond this type of Diagnosis on this platform. This is really disappointing.

I would love to lecture you on how fuel pumps and fuel pump assys work, but it is not my job to educate you.

Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by diportivo: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
TRYGO:

Regards,
Joseph
www.dxta.net.ng
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo

I ain't listening to this crap undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by feelme3(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
Gallass:

well, I installed a used one

Op. I had an infiniti I30 that had similar issues. After all long waka and spending money on different scan, I got a good mechanic that fixed it.

Culprit was fuel pump, which another kazeem recommend I buy toks. This guy got a new one installed, changed the Air filter and cleaned up plugs and nozzle. Car was driving like new.

Funny thing is that the mechanic is just at the entrance to my street but I will drive like 30mins away to fix any issue. Bottom line, buy new suitable fuel pump and see.
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
feelme3:

Op. I had an infiniti I30 that had similar issues. After all long waka and spending money on different scan, I got a good mechanic that fixed it.

Culprit was fuel pump, which another kazeem recommend I buy toks. This guy got a new one installed, changed the Air filter and cleaned up plugs and nozzle. Car was driving like new.

Funny thing is that the mechanic is just at the entrance to my street but I will drive like 30mins away to fix any issue. Bottom line, buy new suitable fuel pump and see.

I took it to someone that changed my shocks for me. he told me that IT'S SIMPLY DIRTY NOZZLES. We bargained price and told me that whenever I am ready, that I should bring it. That it's just nozzle.
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by autologic: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
Gallass:

I took it to someone that changed my shocks for me. he told me that IT'S SIMPLY DIRTY NOZZLES. We bargained price and told me that whenever I am ready, that I should bring it. That it's just nozzle.
Enough of all these street jargons ,it is rather called "Fuel injectors " not " nozzle" like the way kazeem refer to it.Nairaland cartalk has evolved better than this
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 6:04am On Aug 30, 2018
autologic:

Enough of all these street jargons ,it is rather called "Fuel injectors " not " nozzle" like the way kazeem refer to it.Nairaland cartalk has evolved better than this
Nozzle and injector na the same na.
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:
We never saw the end of this....
vehicle still jerking.
changed fuel pump and filter. I bought a new Belgium one that clocked 160 (don't know the SI) on their gauge. Car still jerks in motion.
went to change my shocks the other day and after explaining everything to the kazeem that changed the shocks, he (from his own random diagnosis) said that it is likely Injector (nozzle) that needs servicing. So that's what I am looking at doing this week.

I forgot to add.
I perceive fuel odour since after changing the pump.
The odour isn't coming from the hood.
My tank is in the Trunk. When I open that compartment, I see no visible leaks around the pump and the hood smells too.
Old fuel pump was reading 110
The one I bought reads 160 on the pressure gauge
(I don't know the SI )

autologic
Gazzuzz
AutoelectNG
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by Gallass(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
feelme3:

please can I have ur whatsapp contact?
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by TRYGO(m): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
@autologic. I think you need some in depth thinking on your comments here.

Here's my logic:
Its my opinion here pls.

For problems as this that the op has presented, I'd sure use such a fuel pump of that capacity to test, and even use on that car.

1.Reason being, I consider a used V8 fuel pump, equivalent to a new V6 fuel pump i n the market, except if I'm certain there would e genuine fuel pump of actual capacity with the OP's engine.

2. That fuel system on that car, has a fuel pressure regulator. So that would take care of any rich situations you're talking about.

3. And finally, always have at the back of your mind that people MUST not think or share same opinions with you.

We all are different!

The automotive market is just so!!/huge, and one person can't fill up all the voids.

please, correct me if I'm wrong on the logic above.

@dipotivo: Nay, so sorry, you weren't meant to listen to the replies.
Was a suggestion to the OP

@gazzuzz: Take it easy dude.
Lecturing? That won't sink either into my brain. That's the problem.
No offence meant here though.
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
TRYGO:

Here's my logic:
Its my opinion here pls.

For problems as this that the op has presented, I'd sure use such a fuel pump of that capacity to test, and even use on that car.

1.Reason being, I consider a used V8 fuel pump, equivalent to a new V6 fuel pump i n the market, except if I'm certain there would e genuine fuel pump of actual capacity with the OP's engine.

2. That fuel system on that car, has a fuel pressure regulator. So that would take care of any rich situations you're talking about.

3. And finally, always have at the back of your mind that people MUST not think or share same opinions with you.

We all are different!

The automotive market is just so!!/huge, and one person can't fill up all the voids.

Your case needs Matthew 17:21 grin
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by OgaKazeem(m): 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Your case needs Matthew 17:21 grin
hehehe sombori went to church today... prayer don dey ansa o hehehehe.... @OP kini latest?
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by OgaKazeem(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
TRYGO:

Here's my logic:
Its my opinion here pls.

We all are different!

bros sincerely u have a valid point as everyone is entitled to his own opinion however the way U put it earlier made it sound like say na "road side mecho" dey yarn. u had a reason why U suggested dt for a test... u for include am na den we can also reason and learn together...
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by TRYGO(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hehehe! Thanks guys!
Re: I Need Help For My Infiniti J30!! by TRYGO(m): 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
@ogakazeem. Yeah, I think sometimes, it isn't needful to include that part of it, because I know my bait would attract some "kifi"! I meant, different opinions na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winch Kin Car Be Dis? / Pls Help: Car Engine Turns Off And Dies When Car Is Put In Drive Or Reverse. / What Is The Price Of A Good Nissan Micra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.