Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? (15325 Views)

Acrimony Ii Coming Soon / Please Where Can I Download Acrimony Movie... / Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Wayne4uall(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2018
Frankiss44:

Most of things you said are true... But you can't be giving countless excuses for Melinda because at the end of the day, we will all be responsible for our decisions... Majority of the blame I think should go to the family.. The interference was just too much and she let them get into her head... But one of the worse decisions she made that lost my sympathy was banging the ex immediately after she got the divorce..

U blame the family? May b just 2% blame, families has nothing to do in a relationship if husband and wife wants to be together they will and if they don't want dey wont, the family that did not attend ur wedding program, families can only try dere best, husband and wife are to live together and not wit the families. She shouldn't have listened to her sisters, I know for sure if her mom were to b alive things won't get dat worst .. banging of her ex, that is female for u, she tinks banging her ex will make her forget about Robert but the harder the guy bangs her the more she feels jealous of Robert been in bed with another woman,.

4 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Wayne4uall(m): 9:31am On Aug 04, 2018
Fabherbie:
Well i have seen the movie. Truth is the guy is majorly at fault. The lady spent all her life supporting his dream. And yes she gave up at the last minute because she thought he cheated on him, she had been having that thoughts in her head prior to when it happened and then her sister told her about it and she believed it.
The man gave up on her so easy. She didn't everything for him, financially, emotionally, physically. But he left just as the chance he got it and all the dream he had with the wife was shared with another woman.
The woman met a ready made man. She didn't do much. I'm sure if he was still married to his wife, she wouldn't have pushed his offer... She would have left it at the initial buy out.
All that triggered her mental breakdown. She needed help but who better to give her than the man she spent her whole life loving. That made her that way. It was too much for her to handle.

U nailed it

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Wayne4uall(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2018
Richpounds:
My honest and truthful take... No one...
Tyler Perry simple wants us to learn between the lines.
Things like.....
1.Guys and ladies never look for cheap ways to anyone's heart.
2. Anger problem or any small thing can spoil the whole.
3. Understanding and communication key....
4. Third party things very dangerous.... You might not be talking to anyone but might be reading stuffs on the net that might spoil your mind towards your partner.
5. Know your worth but work and support your partner... Be ready for the worst....
6. In the place of cheating I don't support it. But if u made a marriage vow rember the devil is on the lose to spoil it. You guys must work to build the relationship don't assume.

#richpounds

U made my day wit dat bro,

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:

There was nothing when she left. Nothing at all.
Robert didn't love her. He only needed her.

He didn't love her yet he pleaded with her not to file for divorce? He never loved her yet he didnt cheat on her after marriage even when he had the opportunity to do so? he even met her after the divorce and explained to her that he never cheated on her after they were married.... After the divorce, out of love he gave her beyond what he normally should have done...remember the judge stated that he wasn't even obliged to do so.
So what else do you want him to do?

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:

Why is everyone looking at this from the money aspect? If it were only about the money she wouldn't have stayed that long. She also wouldn't have left when she did.

Because money was the Genesis of their problem.
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Kinggnicole(f): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

He didn't love her yet he pleaded with her not to file for divorce? He never loved her yet he didnt cheat on her after marriage even when he had the opportunity to do so? he even met her after the divorce and explained to her that he never cheated on her after they were married.... After the divorce, out of love he gave her beyond what he normally should have done...remember the judge stated that he wasn't even obliged to do so.

He did all that out of obligation not love.

He begged her not to divorce him. Before nkor?
Free food and shelter remember. Oh and good sex I forgot. Why not?

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:

He did all that out of obligation not love.

He begged her not to divorce him. Before nkor?
Free food and shelter remember. Oh and good sex I forgot. Why not?

So him not cheating on his wife was out of obligation and not love? So even when he begged her not to file for divorce that he never cheated on her that he loved her was doing it out of obligation? undecided

But the woman helping him out with money to finance his project was doing so out of love not obligation? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by shegsrules(m): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
Any link for download
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Ayodele92: 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Let's also see it from this perspective

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by okooloyun1(m): 12:10am On Aug 07, 2018
Taraji resemble Funke Akindele in acrimony

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by chinazaizundu(f): 4:52am On Aug 07, 2018
This movie was just wow!
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by bukatyne(f): 4:41am On Aug 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I disagree. The guy was greedy at first but learnt his lesson and kept on with his dream. He was faithful to her since after he cheated during his teenage period. He also promised to repay the lady once he gets the deal and he did even more than expected, so he wasn't greedy.

The lady waited but was already feeling hopeless as the guys dream took several years .

If anyone is to be blamed, I will blame her.

Why? She waited for over a decade with her husband and endured it all, there was no reason to leave again after that heavy investment of time and money.

Why do people keep forgetting that she left because:
1. He supposedly cheated with his other Chic
2. He didn't care that his in-laws would lost all they worked for
3. Even when it meant losing the house, he refused $800k

It is not like she said 'I am done!' on a sunny day and left.

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by bukatyne(f): 4:45am On Aug 11, 2018
Frankiss44:

Most of things you said are true... But you can't be giving countless excuses for Melinda because at the end of the day, we will all be responsible for our decisions... Majority of the blame I think should go to the family.. The interference was just too much and she let them get into her head... But one of the worse decisions she made that lost my sympathy was banging the ex immediately after she got the divorce..

Di you remember that the husband stopped sleeping with her when he started working with the in-laws?

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by bukatyne(f): 4:47am On Aug 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Because money was the Genesis of their problem.

Not money, his selfishness and lies.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by bukatyne(f): 4:48am On Aug 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

He didn't love her.

Why didn't he ask her out again after he blew?

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by bukatyne(f): 4:50am On Aug 11, 2018
Ayodele92:

@TheKingIsHere

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
bukatyne:

@TheKingIsHere

I laugh when I see post like this.

Madam, go and watch the movie again. You will see where Robert was begging her not to file for divorce (which is against the claim that he never fought for her). Even when he was invited by her lawyer, he still begged her not to divorce him that he loved her and never cheated on her but what did she do? She turned away as he kept on begging her while her sister mocked him fron afar. Each and everyone of you always ignore that part.

As for the money part, pls spare me the bullshiit...why? Because, each time he requested for money from her, he promised that he will pay her back. Now, did he fulfill the promise? Yes he did. She did the calculations and said he owed her $1.2m. He gave her $10m, her mother's house back, a super car etc. What else do you want him to do? Even the judge was surprised after hearing this and said he even did beyond expected as he was not even obliged to do so in the first place.

Now, ask yourself why she went to confront her sisters especially the senior one after Robert came to inform her that the deal came through? That's because she knew they pushed her to divorce her husband for something that was nothing but false accusation.

Also, why did she quickly go and visit him in his apartment half naked if she knew that what the husband did was wrong?

Finally, for all those confused emotional beings saying that the husband never loved her, let them go and watch the movie again with a clear mindset, you will find out that he kept on telling her that he never cheated on her and he loved her. Even when she shot him, he still stated that he loved her. Even when the boat anchor dragged her into the ocean, he tried to reach to save her but was losing so much blood.

Simple advise, watch the movie again with an open mindset

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
bukatyne:

He didn't love her.

Why didn't he ask her out again after he blew?

How can he ask her out when he is already engaged to another person? Na wa for una o. Did you even watch the movie?

Don't forget that she too was already seeing and sleeping with her ex boyfriend after her divorce.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
bukatyne:

Not money, his selfishness and lies.

I challenge you to point out the lies he made after they got married.

I also challenge you to point out the areas he was selfish after they got married.

I await your response. cool

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
bukatyne:

Di you remember that the husband stopped sleeping with her when he started working with the in-laws?
Yes, for just a month.
It happens in marriages, so it is not a new thing.
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
bukatyne:

Why do people keep forgetting that she left because:
1. He supposedly cheated with his other Chic
2. He didn't care that his in-laws would lost all they worked for
3. Even when it meant losing the house, he refused $800k

It is not like she said 'I am done!' on a sunny day and left.

1. Her leaving for an event that is based on mere assumption is foolishness.

2. One thing you have to know about people that had mind blowing ideas is that they will not sacrifice anything for that idea. E.g Mark Zukerberg dropped out of school, not because he was broke, no, but because he was pursuing an idea and that idea made him one of the richest person in the world. If his parents had gotten angry and disowned him for wasting their money on school fees, won't they be regretting now?

3. You are saying this because you dont know the worth of having an idea and executing that idea.

When he informed her that they finally called him, that was enough for her to reconsider her stance on going for a divorce as they offered him a merger $800,000 for a life time work of about 20 years, which he refused, because he knew the worth of that work. She didn't factor in the fact that they can call him and offer him a higher amount.

Take note, they were still going to be poor because if he had accepted, he would have paid for the house and that will be all.

Remeber also that he owed her $1.2m, now if he pays $800k, he will still be owing $300,000. How do you expect him to pay that remaining balance?

Also, how would they have survived after that without being poor? In fact, she might still divorce him and he will be completely useless for selling his life time work for a plate of porridge.

For all the ladies here, may your husbands not sell his idea (blessings) for a plate of porridge ijn.

4 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Flashylily(f): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2018
Ayodele92:
cc thekingishere,please can you see it in this perspective
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
Definitely the woman, at least the guy apologised for making the woman spend all that money on him in the past and tried to make amends by offering the lady a huge amount of money to sustain her for a life time and don't forget that she was also offered to receive half of any profit the company made too and don't forget, he did not cheat on her when she thought he was doing so and he tried really hard to explain that he didint but the woman would not even listen, she kept behaving like a rabid bitch.

Bottom line, she is completely arrogant to the core.
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
But I have to say, the ending of this movie is really stupid. How can 9 people not be able to overpower one woman with a gun, 9 people!! And the woman was armature with guns too but they still could not take advantage, they all jumped in to the sea. Bunch of pussies.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
Flashylily:
cc thekingishere,please can you see it in this perspective

I have and I countered it with this response below

TheKingIsHere:

Madam, go and watch the movie again. You will see where Robert was begging her not to file for divorce (which is against the claim that he never fought for her). Even when he was invited by her lawyer, he still begged her not to divorce him that he loved her and never cheated on her but what did she do? She turned away as he kept on begging her while her sister mocked him fron afar. Each and everyone of you always ignore that part.

As for the money part, pls spare me the bullshiit...why? Because, each time he requested for money from her, he promised that he will pay her back. Now, did he fulfill the promise? Yes he did. She did the calculations and said he owed her $1.2m. He gave her $10m, her mother's house back, a super car etc. What else do you want him to do? Even the judge was surprised after hearing this and said he even did beyond expected as he was not even obliged to do so in the first place.

Now, ask yourself why she went to confront her sisters especially the senior one after Robert came to inform her that the deal came through? That's because she knew they pushed her to divorce her husband for something that was nothing but false accusation.

Also, why did she quickly go and visit him in his apartment half naked if she knew that what the husband did was wrong?

Finally, for all those confused emotional beings saying that the husband never loved her, let them go and watch the movie again with a clear mindset, you will find out that he kept on telling her that he never cheated on her and he loved her. Even when she shot him, he still stated that he loved her. Even when the boat anchor dragged her into the ocean, he tried to reach to save her but was losing so much blood.

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by smat101(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ayodele92:
Having seen the movie recently, I, like many others also blame d girl. She wanted him back because of his money. However, I think the guy is also to blame initially for letting her Shoulder all his responsibilities.
I've been looking for this movie,how did you get it
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Best comment on this thread came from @thekingishere .

Life time supply of origin for you bro ...

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
tobianthony:
Best comment on this thread came from @thekingishere .

Life time supply of origin for you bro ...

Thanks boss.

Don't mind all those emotional ladies here.

Many didn't watch and analyse the film well.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Nellymelly: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2018
I blame the girl, the guy, the in-laws, the new wife, all the actors and actresses, script writer, director, producer, camera men, the person that started this topic, myself, in short I blame everybody, including you that is reading this.

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Ayodele92: 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nellymelly:
I blame the girl, the guy, the in-laws, the new wife, all the actors and actresses, script writer, director, producer, camera men, the person that started this topic, myself, in short I blame everybody, including you that is reading this.
U Don vex o
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by chinchonglee(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

bros 10nk u....u derserve 4 bottles of chill ace of spades...

i watched d movie again nd again(looking 4 a reason to blame d guy which i didnt see)...

u really watched d movie wit an open mind...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Hollywood Reporter Writes About OJUJU / BbTitans: Miracle OP Kissing Khosi Last Night (Video) / Godfather Of Harlem TV Series Download Season-01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.