Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months (6416 Views)

I Love Him So Much But I'm Afraid I've Lost Him. / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:
No business has ever flourished while the owner is away. It becomes a black hole! Unless you plan on making monthly trips ( even fortnightly as I see some of my colleagues doing hair getting more grey with every trip) If not then do what you have to do but don’t leave it to anyone!

If you are in a position to sell do that. You don’t know how your life abroad will pan out. Therefore do not make promises you might not be able to keep. The philosophy of “wait for me I shall return” has caused many men and women to be bitter. A time to settle down will come.

Don’t catch any feelings. I suggest selling and keeping your money and leave if this was meant to be it will be. Now is not the time to be conflicted about things like this. And regarding leaving your business to her are you out of your mind? Are you like seriously doolally?

Most Nigerian women and money = diabolical pairing that does not have a good ending.
Ever!
@embolden, she might be one of the few exceptional cases. grin
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2018
victorian:
Your situation is dicey.

In this modern day Nigeria, no one can be trusted with taking care of buisness . Not even family sef. You know u would be travelling this year to China, u Should have started sourcing for a credible person since last year. Know the person very well, employ him or her in your buisness, know the family of your worker and create a bond. But in a space of two months? U need this lady, u dont even have marriage plans for, to handle it while u are away? Then u are in deep shit. Time is too short to create a bond with someone o even with that lady u like. While she manages your buisness while u are away. I suggest you lock up your shop. Settle yourself in China, then when u are back continue Your sales and from there on look for a credible person U can trust and employ to manage or employ her back, then take time to know her well, before u travel again. Assuming you are married with kids, your wife would have handled it well for u. Especially if u marry a working class woman who is wise, buisness savy with the love of God in her heart.
Anyways wish u best of luck in your final decision.
gbam! So on point.guys wey dey get plans to move out if dem wan marry here dem don already don dey bond with a girl in a spate of 4 to 5 yrs. To just see a girl today and u dey make plans to travel out and u wan still marry dat girl...omo dat one na risk oooshocked. She fit jus dey play along dey scam u...money wey u go dey send she go dey use am on her real boyfriend and b4 u know it... She don already marry d guy of her heart. And op is planning to leave his business with hercheesy.... Hehe this is nigeria we talking about were wonderful tinzs happencheesy.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by troublemakea(m): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
na wao just like datcheesy. Em sirdouglas i suggest u do a little investigation on this girl u say u like. Do some digging and know who she really is and on the issue of living ur business with someone??...dont u have siblings?. Its much safer living yur business with ur close siblings than living it with a total stranger. Yea she's a stranger..u dont know anything about her..u just started chyking her.yea i know some irresponsible siblings still scam their bro abroad but then its still safer to leave that ur business with ur blood brother or even ur parents. Or u can even sell it off as missraine suggested.dont allow urself to get scammed. Na naija we dey ooo. Shine ur eyes!

lol I see you boss lefulefu....

if it left to me i'd wount advice he leave the business with his family members as they'd manage the business like he's our brother or family even if we spend most or some of his money he sha kuku cant fight or arrest us. some might even sell it off giving a flimsy excuse. Or what do u think lefulefu
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by MissRaine69(f): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Phone business isn't cake baking where one needs to learn everything about recipes and when or when not to add them to the flour. It's more of a straight forward business. All he needs do is to spend his few months of being here to teach her what she needs to know and how they'll be doing their shipments and pick ups, while on the long-run in it, she'll get to learn more about phones and gadgets. My problem is, does he know her too well? If he does, then he doesn't have a problem. Pay the dowry and leave the business in her care. You're entitled to your opinion though.
Money is the true test of a relationship
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by MissRaine69(f): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
@embolden, she might be one of the few exceptional cases. grin
A woman has the pertinacity to be loyal if she was there from the beginning not these fair weather chicks
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

A woman has the pertinacity to be loyal if she was there from the beginning not these fair weather chicks
She's not aware he's rich. Read his other post before running to conclusions.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by MissRaine69(f): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Pffffff smh!! What an incredulous mongoose you are!
He gave her a job!
Do you not think she can’t connect the dots? How daft do you have to be?

4 Likes

Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

He gave her a job!
Get a grip of yourself and quit going vulgar! Of course, any smart girl would, but op stated he's not disclosed how rich he is as he disguised his status. It could be a small retail phone shop, BTW. Smarty pants!

2 Likes

Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
troublemakea:

lol I see you boss lefulefu....

if it left to me i'd wount advice he leave the business with his family members as they'd manage the business like he's our brother or family even if we spend most or some of his money he sha kuku cant fight or arrest us. some might even sell it off giving a flimsy excuse. Or what do u think lefulefu
so very true. There's a friend of my aunty based in canada.the lady na nurse for dere.na so d lady send 10,000 dollars last year to her younger sis make she take complete the lady building project. Omo if u see the shoddy job wey she do u go know say for a fact that this lady younger sis ..d money wey e send she obviously used it for other means. Even the place wey i rent dey stay..the owner dey overseas but d owner put im younger brother as a caretaker. The way the caretaker dey run d the area e jus dey treat the place like a no man's business. There are things we as the tenants dey do wey suppose to be d job of the caretaker. For this edo state wey i dey so...there are edolites overseas.dem go send money to their younger bro for dem to build house or set up business...d younger bro go use the money carry ashawo,go flex for joker's club or any other club.wen d brother for jand ask for proof say he dey do the building...the younger brother will go to one estate or building wey person dey do then snap am then send d pix to im brother overseas as proof say na im erlder bro building be datcheesy.na so e jus be. If na me sha its either i sell off the business or i put someone very well trusted but i will still be coming at intervals to check hw d business dey go on.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
haha kimbra a lady can smell out if a guy is rich even if he starts wearing ragscheesy. Babes don dey sharp now oo. Many ladies nowardays know dat na even d guys wey dey dress in a flasshy way and be showing off expensive phones na dem broke pass anythingcheesy. One guy wey i know wey dey currently look for wife don start to dey dress shabbily. When i ask am why e say na wife e dey currently look for..dat he want a woma who will love im for who he is than what he hascheesy. When he tell me i just bust out laughingcheesy cos i know many smart ladies will do FBI on u if u try portay urself as a poor church rat dude to ucheesy.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Martin0(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Get grip of yourself and quit going vulgar! Of course, any smart girl would, but op stated he's not disclosed how rich he is as he disguised hie status. It could be a small retail phone shop, BTW. Smarty pants!

for una mind now, una dey speak "English "about!

I greet una ooo

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by troublemakea(m): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
so very true. There's a friend of my aunty based in canada.the lady na nurse for dere.na so d lady send 10,000 dollars last year to her younger sis make she take complete the lady building project. Omo if u see the shoddy job wey she do u go know say for a fact that this lady younger sis ..d money wey e send she obviously used it for other means. Even the place wey i rent dey stay..the owner dey overseas but d owner put im younger brother as a caretaker. The way the caretaker dey run d the area e jus dey treat the place like a no man's business. There are things we as the tenants dey do wey suppose to be d job of the caretaker. For this edo state wey i dey so...there are edolites overseas.dem go send money to their younger bro for dem to build house or set up business...d younger bro go use the money carry ashawo,go flex for joker's club or any other club.wen d brother for jand ask for proof say he dey do the building...the younger brother will go to one estate or building wey person dey do then snap am then send d pix to im brother overseas as proof say na im erlder bro building be datcheesy.na so e jus be. If na me sha its either i sell off the business or i put someone very well trusted but i will still be coming at intervals to check hw d business dey go on.

Lol that's just how it is for me i'd put a trusted friend or best friend instead of family....but really i catch that feeling you wana go abroad and you crushing on a girl but dont wana let her know ur plans that's just a dilemma just like the STC said.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by troublemakea(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

He gave her a job!

this not how ladies talk....I smell you to be a guy with this rubbish you just spilled

to me kimbraa was more matured
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by victorian(f): 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
gbam! So on point.guys wey dey get plans to move out if dem wan marry here dem don already don dey bond with a girl in a spate of 4 to 5 yrs. To just see a girl today and u dey make plans to travel out and u wan still marry dat girl...omo dat one na risk oooshocked. She fit jus dey play along dey scam u...money wey u go dey send she go dey use am on her real boyfriend and b4 u know it... She don already marry d guy of her heart. And op is planning to leave his business with hercheesy.... Hehe this is nigeria we talking about were wonderful tinzs happencheesy.

Lol@ wonderful things happen. grin
You are right.. Even within a year if he's smart, he's suppose to know her well enough by now and decide if she can be trusted with such huge responsibility. Times have really changed for the worst.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
troublemakea:

Lol that's just how it is for me i'd put a trusted friend or best friend instead of family....but really i catch that feeling you wana go abroad and you crushing on a girl but dont wana let her know ur plans that's just a dilemma just like the STC said.
most guys who don already get that plan of travelling out don already get a girl for ground if they are so keen on marrying a girl here. If na d time wey u wan travel out u come dey look for woman u might just end up with the wrong one oo wey go jus scam u finish. No matter how u hide am to d woman wey u dey with about ur intensions to move out...sooner or later she will smell out ur intensions. Most of these girls we have nowardays are very sharp and streetwise.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
victorian:

Lol@ wonderful things happen. grin
You are right.. Even within a year if he's smart, he's suppose to know her well enough by now and decide if she can be trusted with such huge responsibility. Times have really changed for the worst.
if he really wants to know dat girl he has to know her siblings and her friends too and put his ears to the ground for news about hercheesy. This wont take donkey years to know na. Some guys go jus know only d church wey dhier girl dey attend and they will jus assume they know her in and outcheesy. Op said this girl he likes is very beautiful and it seems men dont approach her according to him oo.. Why is dat?? For a fact even butt ugly girls with k yansh..men still chase such girls upandan. If i come see a beautiful girl and no man dey pursue her...to me thats strange oo.

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
troublemakea:

this not how ladies talk....I smell you to be a guy with this rubbish you just spilled

to me kim.braa was more matured
Mehn! She was tensed. Those are the kind of childish reply they give you when their brain can't produce much. I don't recall where/when we were at war here.

Childishness is an understatement grin
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
haha kimbra a lady can smell out if a guy is rich even if he starts wearing ragscheesy. Babes don dey sharp now oo. Many ladies nowardays know dat na even d guys wey dey dress in a flasshy way and be showing off expensive phones na dem broke pass anythingcheesy. One guy wey i know wey dey currently look for wife don start to dey dress shabbily. When i ask am why e say na wife e dey currently look for..dat he want a woma who will love im for who he is than what he hascheesy. When he tell me i just bust out laughingcheesy cos i know many smart ladies will do FBI on u if u try portay urself as a poor church rat dude to ucheesy.
Yeah, the smart ones will know. If the op keeps her longer around him, she would. But for the interim, he said she doesn't know his worth. I mean financially. Secondly, if he thinks and is sure she's good, his plan is a good one. Pay her dowry and entrust the business in her care. She won't play with her husband's assets, and that's a fact.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by cvibe2: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ok
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by victorian(f): 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
if he really wants to know dat girl he has to know her siblings and her friends too and put his ears to the ground for news about hercheesy. This wont take donkey years to know na. Some guys go jus know only d church wey dhier girl dey attend and they will jus assume they know her in and outcheesy. Op said this girl he likes is very beautiful and it seems men dont approach her according to him oo.. Why is dat?? For a fact even butt ugly girls with k yansh..men still chase such girls upandan. If i come see a beautiful girl and no man dey pursue her...to me thats strange oo.

No wait o!

There are some beautiful girls men feel intimidated to chase or feel indifferent to woo or other men are also thinking , this lady is very beautiful, she must have bobo. If every man thinks like that towards her, who will then date her? Nobody. And if she says, she doesn't have a man? It may be true. Cos there are some very pretty ladies like that.

My own is just know her well. He should hear out siblings and friends but shouldn't take their verdict about her as final. Cos siblings or friends can lie about her and u will think they saying the truth. And what if she's an only child? Who will u then ask?
My dear, sometimes it's not good asking people around her and taking it to heart. Because some people sabi lie and frame someone. Daily Interaction with her for some years will give him a clear picture of who she is. He should just shine his eyes and test her with money.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Yeah, the smart ones will know. If the op keeps her longer around him, she would. But for the interim, he said she doesn't know his worth. I mean financially. Secondly, if he thinks and is sure she's good, his plan is a good one. Pay her dowry and entrust the business in her care. She won't play with her husband's assets, and that's a fact.
she can still know who he really is and play along with him. He said he jus knew her for a month or so ...so he should go easy on the marriage or dowry stuffcheesy. There have been wives here who have sold off their husband's assets and ran off with their lovers while their hubby is abroad. Such happens when u get married to a total strangercheesy.marriage cant stop anyone who wants to harm u to harm u. Like i said b4....wonderful things are happening in this our wonderful country nigeriacheesy.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by cvibe2: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
sirdouglas:
OK here is the deal; I met this girl fews months back at a friends office as a sales girl. She is everything a man could want in a woman. An epitome of beauty. It took me like a while to get her contact cos she wouldn't give me. I refused to get it from anyone else but her. One day she did give me. I tried all I could to convince this girl that I am not like her ex but she wouldn't believe me. After what seems like forever, I got tired so I let her be. But I noticed something. Each time I stop calling or texting for a while she will call me but yet will never accept to date me. I'm not of great looks for sure but I've got a big heart. Sometimes I feel probably it's bcoz I'm not that handsome. I just can't figure out exactly what the problem is. I so much love this girl and meant well for her. She called me into their office one day to tell me that one girl told her that she loves me. I was bent on her telling me who the girl is but she refused. She said she is afraid I will leave her for the unknown girl. That girl is just messing up with my head and life...... Lols.

After what seems like a two weeks I heard from her colleague in office that she no longer work with them. I didn't want to call her since she never bothered to let me know. I was on my own one good evening my phone rang it was her. She told me she no longer work with them and is searching for a job. I am looking for a sells girl also so I felt it will create a room for bonding. I hired her few days ago. But the thing is, I am leaving the country in less than two months by God's grace and I don't even have anyone to leave my business for. I have this girl I have been dating for a while now but I have told her plainly that our relationship won't lead to marriage. I am feeling it would be bad to keep her for selfish reasons. Until I see some level of commitment I can't leave my business for a total stranger who from the look of things don't want to make clear her stand but at the same time would make a great wife. So it seems anyway.

What do I do? I want someone I can trust to give control my business from here while I travel.
Would it be stupid to pay her dowry and travel?
She doesn't know about my traveling plans.
Should I speak to her plainly and tell her exactly what I want from her? Should I disclose that much information to her?
I hate wooing a lady with what I have or who I am.

I need all the help I can get before a brother makes a life time mistake please.

Simply tell her you are employing her as a manager of the business and would like to receive sales reports from where ever you are.

Put her through everything she needs to know in your biz to make it thrive in your absence.

Pay her managers salary and have her bring guarantors.

You dont need to reveal travel plans yet.

3 Likes

Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
lefulefu:
she can still know who he really is and play along with him. He said he jus knew her for a month or so ...so he should go easy on the marriage or dowry stuffcheesy. There have been wives here who have sold off their husband's assets and ran off with their lovers while their hubby is abroad. Such happens when u get married to a total strangercheesy.marriage cant stop anyone who wants to harm u to harm u. Like i said b4....wonderful things are happening in this our wonderful country nigeriacheesy.
There are exceptions. Some people met and got married in a month or two, and are having a good marriage. Just meet the right person and you'll know when you do. If she's a risk worth taking, he should. Life itself is a risk. You can't even truly completely know someone, so what are we talking about? grin
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
There are exceptions. Some people met and got married in a month or two, and are having a good marriage. Just meet the right person and you'll know when you do. If she's a risk worth taking, he should. Life itself is a risk. You can't even truly completely know someone, so what are we talking about? grin
ok oo i go jus carry my mat and waka my lanecheesy if after 4 months i see somebody come here dey cry dat a babe wey im entrust im business to, don sell off im shop and run with d moneycheesy.... And dat the five hundred thousand Yen we he send her for the wedding preparation and dowry payment..she has pack all money and disappear with her main boyfriedcheesy.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by MissRaine69(f): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Get a grip of yourself and quit going vulgar! Of course, any smart girl would, but op stated he's not disclosed how rich he is as he disguised his status. It could be a small retail phone shop, BTW. Smarty pants!
Small retail shop or a sizeable shop, if you are a female you will know how some women know what most guys think they don’t know then act like they don’t know!
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by babyfaceafrica: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
lolz..it is well..just be careful.. money na spirit o....a good lady can suddenly turn bad..be wise
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Saucekide25(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
I don't comment in this section at all, but I think I should leave something here.

Young man, the best thing you should do is liquidating your business and use the proceeds very well when you're outside the shores of Nigeria. From experience av learned not to trust anyone with what I hold dear (which is my business) because frankly speaking, no one would take that business to the next level or treat it like his/her own just like you.

Take it, or leave it.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Homeboiy: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
Op you suppose know say phone business no be moi moi nah
Police case everyday
Not what that lady can handle
lefulefu u know how e dey be for ring road nah
Kimbraa for your mind phone business no hard abi
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Homeboiy:
Op you suppose know say phone business no be moi moi nah

Police case everyday

Not what that lady can handle

lefulefu u know how e dey be for ring road nah

Kimb.raa for your mind phone business no hard abi
You'll have police cases when you buy and sell fairly used phones. I believe he deals on brand new phones and some imported UK or US used.
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Homeboiy: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You'll have police cases when you buy and sell fairly used phones. I believe he deals on brand new phones and some imported UK or US used.

Even brand new phones are not exceptional

U may buy today and it develops mouth piece fault in a week

return it and they will tell u to take it to the company

2months it's ago in the company and that may result to police case
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Homeboiy:

Even brand new phones are not exceptional

U may buy today and it develops mouth piece fault in a week

return it and they will tell u to take it to the company

2months it's ago in the company and that may result to police case
Smh, are you telling me this? What happened to waranties?
Re: I Would Have Loved To Marry Her But I'm Traveling Out In Less Than Two Months by Homeboiy: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Smh, are you telling me this? What happened to waranties?

It's only the companies that gives warranties on the phone not the seller

The seller will only direct you to the companies slot or u allow him take it there which might stay up to 2months

I have had cases like this that involved police

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Curvy IG Model Sanchi Flaunts Her Big Behind And Curve In New Photos / Genesis Of SIMPS, How To Deal With Girls Who Want You To Simp. / Ladies: What Will You Do If Your MR RIGHT Has This? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.