Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi (38538 Views)

Pastor Paul Enenche To Comedians: Don't Tell Lies To Make People Laugh / Apart From Your Pastor, Who Is Your Favorite Pastor/Tele Evangelist? / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by djon78(m): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
McCoy662:
Donald Trump in one of his speeches said "to make America great, we need to be hard-working, a whole lot of intelligence and........prayer". But in Africa, we'd say "to make Africa great, we need prayer, prayer and prayers". Religion has beclouded our senses of reasoning. All we know is going to church to pray for everything which is not even working for us. I seriously believe that we are serving the white God and even though He is working for them there, He is not really working for us here.
so many things have gone wrong all because we refused to use our brain but instead put everything in prayers.

I don't blame this man, I think as much too

Most of you will just be making unsubstantiated posts. Is it only prayer we do in Nigeria? Capital no.

Nigeria and Africa's problem has nothing to do with castigating prayer. But it has a lot to do with attitude. There is so much ignorance in the land. It has nothing to do with prayers or church.

You quoted Donald Trump, his core supporters are evangelical Christians and conservatives. They are traditionally people of the Bible.

Nigerias major problem is proclivity for ignorance, primitivity and backwardness.

Nigeria's educational system is completely outdated. The elites send there children to the best schools in the world, while they killed our education sector. Then when there children come back they perpetuate the cycle.
So in the land it has nothing to do with prayers.

Prayers are even helping because if not for that, the evil would have been worse off.

Coming to education, Nigeria and Africa has more young people than old. Investing in the younger generation is the only remedy. And I mean the children we are giving birth to now. If we don't strategically plan for their education and development, in the coming decades we will be in serious crisis.
In the next fifteen years Nigerias population will double according to statistical datas available. Everybody is crying now, wait then na blood people will cry.

It is not yet late. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by tungamaje: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Reading through the posts, I read where someone quoted God wrongly. In Isaiah 45:5-7 where he was trying to quote, God rather said "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things (KJV). God didn't say he [b]created [/b]good and evil, he rather said he himself does and continues to do both good and evil. From what God said, there is no entity called the Devil unless we are telling him he is not telling us the truth. Mind you I am a Christian. To help you know there is no supernatural being called the Devil, please search the Old Testament and look for the world the Devil. It will surprise you to know that it didn't appear and that should make any right thinking person to doubt the existence of the Devil if indeed the prophets of God who wrote the Old Testament didn't acknowledge his existence. The Christian organization I belong to made an extensive research on this topic and found that God was actually telling us the truth and we have been set free from this fear of the Unknown. If you also want to know who the Devil really is (because the word indeed appeared many times in the New Testament) and want to be set free, please contact akurechristadelphians@yahoo.com if you are ready to read
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by sfinkzslot(m): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
This man obviously hasn't read about the mad man of Gadara Luke 8:26-39.
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by Goodness4525: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Rolly83:
Hahahaha I so much like this quote "It means you are just a game of chess between God and the devil"

Abeg tell my Naija people ooo!!!
Telling them is not the problem , the problem is their brain has been laminated so it cannot assimilate the information
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by Sectis(m): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
I read through every comments post through the said topic. The thing is that human will always be human in their deversity. Who ever anyone choice to believe is all about choices. I chose to follow JESUS CHRIST and I have made that choice long ago. JESUS CHRIST is my all in all forever and ever. Amen.
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by Goodness4525: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
jpmoriarti:
People are rising everyday taking the steps of daddy freeze, to enlighten Nigerians from the mental slavery that has long prevented us from moving forward as a nation. God has created human beings and give them brain, legs and hands to work and improve their destiny for their own good but here in Nigeria, we keep calling God for everything and blaming satan for our own undoing. this is totally wrong. Religion has taken our our brain so we can no longer understand simple logic. smh
To the extend that I wonder if devil decided to resides only in Africa, as in why don't he go to other continent to cause their predicament the same way he virtually causes all our misfortune
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by frank317: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2018
djon78:

Most of you will just be making unsubstantiated posts. Is it only prayer we do in Nigeria? Capital no.

Nigeria and Africa's problem has nothing to do with castigating prayer. But it has a lot to do with attitude. There is so much ignorance in the land. It has nothing to do with prayers or church.

You quoted Donald Trump, his core supporters are evangelical Christians and conservatives. They are traditionally people of the Bible.

Nigerias major problem is proclivity for ignorance, primitivity and backwardness.

Nigeria's educational system is completely outdated. The elites send there children to the best schools in the world, while they killed our education sector. Then when there children come back they perpetuate the cycle.
So in the land it has nothing to do with prayers.

Prayers are even helping because if not for that, the evil would have been worse off.

Coming to education, Nigeria and Africa has more young people than old. Investing in the younger generation is the only remedy. And I mean the children we are giving birth to now. If we don't strategically plan for their education and development, in the coming decades we will be in serious crisis.
In the next fifteen years Nigerias population will double according to statistical datas available. Everybody is crying now, wait then na blood people will cry.

It is not yet late. A stitch in time saves nine.

U just said it. Nigeria's problem has nothing to do with prayers. Isn't that what atheists are saying?

But u confuse yourself by saying the same prayer that Nigeria's issue is not related with is what is helping.

How is prayer helping when Nigeria is still in a mess because of ignorance and laziness and greed?

Oga pick a side... Is prayer useless to Nigeria or not?
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by DavictimIsDope(m): 8:02am On Jul 23, 2018
Welrez:
I have come to the conclusion that the only religion worthy of being a member is that of love and humanity. Religion, if it must exist, should be universal in humanity and love and not as a tool for stupidity and exploitation.

thank you!!!!
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by QualityHealthCa: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2018
Pavore9:

The issue here is many are not interested in going to study it. In Nigeria, many who are studying or studied Guidance and counselling likewise Psychology did it or are doing it not because of passion but rather than continue to be frustrated by their inability to secure their dream courses they opt for them. In Nigeria, you get to study Counselling psychology from the Masters level and going through the course outline, I realize that most of the content is what is taught at the Bachelors level of Counseling Psychology in Kenya.

Those Priests and Sisters here realized the inadequacies thus the need for further studies. I know 2 Nigerians Reverend Sisters who are presently doing their bachelor's degree in counseling psychology in Nairobi, one told me she worked in an all girls boarding school in Nigeria where staff are at loss with how to effectively relate with the students as they always see them as rebels ignoring the fact that according to Erik Ericsson Psychosocial stages of development those adolescents are dealing with identity conflict. With her going to Nigeria in January to spend a term in the school to work briefly, she let the school administrator know that a school counselor should never also be a subject teacher in the school as it hampers therapy and whatever students share in therapy remains between the counsellor and the students (clients). She psycho-educated the students that going to therapy does not mean one is sick.

That in the course of work during the term that through congruence, empathy and unconditional positive regard those young girls were able to share so much with her because they sensed confidentiality and zero judgement. Through Psychoanalysis,SFBT and Cognitive Behavior Therapy she helped those students to get unstuck as the students were so surprised because they were expecting condemnation and the use of the scriptures to drive home why they need to change and this is what is motivating her to wanting to specialize in Adolescent therapy.

Studying Counseling Psychology is open to anyone who has a passion for it. Nigerians still feel it is the domain of spiritual leaders to offer psychological support when in reality they have no capacity to be a help and even in their ignorance they find it difficult to refer those who come to them to certified professionals as they feel diminished doing so as they want to continue portraying the image of being a one-stop solution! A good number of Kenyan Priests I know do refer their church members to go see a counselling psychologist as presenting issues needs to be psychologically dealt with not spiritually

There is a huge career prospect in training as a counselling psychologist as we need more of them than many of our religious leaders who are messing things by dabbling into what they have no competence in.

I wonder why everyone on nairaland.com is yet to rape the like and share button.

I personally want to specialize in Psychiatry with emphasis on Psychology, the non-drug mode of treating psychological help issues.

Like it or, everyone needs guidance & counselling in this world. Countries that have embraced this truth are the better for it, others who prefer to quite scriptures and spiritualize everything are known to all by the situation of their country.
Re: '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi by lemonys(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2018
which withdrawal method will i use, maestro or paypal kindly reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Members Carrying Their Pastor While Preaching (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.