Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,562 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (105952 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:54pm On May 29, 2021
Danielnino00:

I knew the Serbs has home court advantage the last time they beat us .. They weren't better ..

Yep.

To be fair, this match eventually turned out to be a contest between evenly-matched teams.

The major difference in this game was the Serbians distinct advantage with their excellent 3-point shooting. That’s an area D’Tigress have to improve upon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by JorgedeToledo: 5:54pm On May 29, 2021
carbonado:
.... Yeah, thanks.
You are welcome.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 5:55pm On May 29, 2021
Nice game, our ladies played well, however, i wish we have shooters on the squad.. I dont know how many 3 pointers we dropped, however, i think it is low... I rhink we would need that when we play big teams that can also move so as to stretch the floor.. All in all, i am proud of them..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by enomakos(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:
FT: D’Tigress 59-56

The team did well to lead for 80% of the match against a team ranked 8th in the world..
what is the currently ranking of D'tigress?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by JorgedeToledo: 5:56pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:

Yep.

To be fair, this match eventually turned out to be a contest between evenly-matched teams.

The major difference in this game was the Serbians distinct advantage with their excellent 3-point shooting. That’s an area D’Tigress have to improve upon

Yes, the three points shooting has to improve.
If we had Serbia's 3-point capability, I believe we would have had a much larger margin in our win.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:57pm On May 29, 2021
enomakos:
what is the currently ranking of D'tigress?
17th

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by enomakos(m): 6:02pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:

17th
thanks,but I think we should be in the top 10
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 6:04pm On May 29, 2021
JorgedeToledo:

They did very well. But why didn't the coach make use of Amy Okonkwo in the second half.
Also, Aisha Mohammed, Sarah Ogoke and Nicole Enaboyi didn't play if I observed rightly.
The coach made use of 8 players throughout the game, and we still won.
Lastly, is Victoria Macauley injured?

I don’t know if Macaulay is injured.. If she ain’t injured it’s odd that she hasn’t been fielded at all. Same with the other players you listed; I don’t know if coach Hughley is reserving them for tomorrow’s game against the 6th-ranked Belgium
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 6:04pm On May 29, 2021
enomakos:
thanks,but I think we should be in the top 10
I believe so too cos the team is good enough
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by JorgedeToledo: 6:07pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:

I don’t know if Macaulay is injured.. If she ain’t injured it’s odd that she hasn’t been fielded at all. Same with the other players you listed; I don’t know if coach Hughley is reserving them for tomorrow’s game against the 6th-ranked Belgium

Okay, thanks.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Clint02(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:

I had this thought also.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:

.. I do not think he is reserving anybody, i think he is testing everybody to see their current form. Some players might not be around due to other domestic reasons. I believe this is not the last of friendly or tournament they have before Tokyo, so he would still have opportunity to see other players current form.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 9:39pm On May 29, 2021
Chai
I totally forgot about this thread
Poor me.

Nice one guys

I should be able to catch our tomorrow's game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:32pm On May 29, 2021
PDPGuy:

Yep.

I have a suggestion, i think you should just name this thread.. Nigerian basketball thread and remove the Tokyo 2020 tag. The reason for this is, after Tokyo 2020,what happens... I think if you remove the Tokyo 2020,we could just amke it a permanent thread that can run for years, the thread would be for anything basketball without having a time frame.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 10:43pm On May 29, 2021
carbonado:
I have a suggestion, i think you should just name this thread.. Nigerian basketball thread and remove the Tokyo 2020 tag. The reason for this is, after Tokyo 2020,what happens... I think if you remove the Tokyo 2020,we could just amke it a permanent thread that can run for years, the thread would be for anything basketball without having a time frame.
Nice suggestion!
I’ll change the name

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2021
It seems thw game will start earlier than 4 pm today. Just checked the linked and i saw them intwrview our coach... If anyone knows thw time, please tell us, so we do mot miss this game... cc.. PDPGuy...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2021
Girls already warming up...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2021
3rd qtr, chai... Apparently, it was during half time that i tuned in, Belgium beating atm
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Clint02(m): 2:20pm On May 30, 2021
Nawa o,we don't have 3 pointers

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2021
Belgium 74; Ngr 40...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 3:02pm On May 30, 2021
carbonado:
Belgium 74; Ngr 40...
Chei!
I’m just waking up now, didn’t know the game would start earlier

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by JorgedeToledo: 4:28pm On May 30, 2021
carbonado:
Belgium 74; Ngr 40...

I didn't know the game will take place earlier than I thought.
The coach still decided to make use of only 8 players throughout the game.
He made use of Nicole, Aisha, Amy, Oderah, Sarah, Atonye, Promise and Pallas,
It appears he is trying to experiment with them on something.
Lastly, they will need to train hard for 3-point shooting. I hope that the likes of Erica Ogwumike and Elizabeth Williams will be good at 3-points shooting.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2021
PDPGuy:

Chei!
I’m just waking up now, didn’t know the game would start earlier
.... Lol, i was suprised too, just checked and realized yhe game already started.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 5:23pm On May 30, 2021
[url][/url]
JorgedeToledo:

I didn't know the game will take place earlier than I thought.
The coach still decided to make use of only 8 players throughout the game.
He made use of Nicole, Aisha, Amy, Oderah, Sarah, Atonye, Promise and Pallas,
It appears he is trying to experiment with them on something.
Lastly, they will need to train hard for 3-point shooting. I hope that the likes of Erica Ogwumike and Elizabeth Williams will be good at 3-points shooting.
... I think he is trying not give too much away, i feel he has done the permutations and believes we could meet or something, in the Olympics that is. I noticed Promise and Ezinne did not play... Maybe they played before i tuned in... Well you can train the threes but, if the 3 pointers r not in you, its hard to work on... I hope the remaining players we have would be tested in other friendlies.. I sincerely wish we can get 1 or 2 good shooters... Lets watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by JorgedeToledo: 6:14pm On May 30, 2021
carbonado:
[url][/url]... I think he is trying not give too much away, i feel he has done the permutations and believes we could meet or something, in the Olympics that is. I noticed Promise and Ezinne did not play... Maybe they played before i tuned in... Well you can train the threes but, if the 3 pointers r not in you, its hard to work on... I hope the remaining players we have would be tested in other friendlies.. I sincerely wish we can get 1 or 2 good shooters... Lets watch and see.

You may be right on the coach not trying to give too much away.
I hope we can get good shooters added to this team. That will make us really robust.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 8:10pm On May 30, 2021
JorgedeToledo:

You may be right on the coach not trying to give too much away.
I hope we can get good shooters added to this team. That will make us really robust.
.... I am hoping for that, maybe one or two of the girls that we have not might be a good shooter.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 9:25pm On May 30, 2021
Chai
I missed this again.

Adulthood and its palava ehn

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
Anybody knows if Arike ogunbowale has ever been called up to the national team before... She seems a really good shooter, a pressure shooter... I think our coach can look in that direction, shes also a point guard i believe... Makes it even better.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
carbonado:
Anybody knows if Arike ogunbowale has ever been called up to the national team before... She seems a really good shooter, a pressure shooter... I think our coach can look in that direction, shes also a point guard i believe... Makes it even better.

She's already listed in US Olympics preliminary squad..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
Danielnino00:

She's already listed in US Olympics preliminary squad..

...woow, thanks for this, can you point me in the direction of this list..Thanks once again.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2021
carbonado:
...woow, thanks for this, can you point me in the direction of this list..Thanks once again.

I can't seem to find it online. But she was part of their last training camp..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Danielnino00:

I can't seem to find it online. But she was part of their last training camp..
.....okay, no p, i think we need here....

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (99) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWC Final (2 - 0) On 25th October 2014 / Top 6 Football Players Who Have Had Plastic Surgery (pics) / Nigeria Vs Egypt: AFCON 2021: (1 - 0) On 11th January 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.