Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (104496 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by WandaDyeriaTg: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
Did any of you make any big wins from this? Personally I just got started during lockdown last year and it's just a hobby, nothing more, but during quarantine, it was pretty handy when I won something, though it also made me realize that I should be careful with where I bet and how much I bet. Found a mobile app after reading a review here https://bestbet.ng/mobile-app-for-betting-nigeria/ and since then I've been hooked, but not in a bad way as in addicted, just really enjoying some free time on this app.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
carbonado:
.....okay, no p, i think we need here....

Update: USA just announced their squad for the women team and there's no Arike ..

NBBF, over to you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
Danielnino00:

Update: USA just announced their squad for the women team and there's no Arike ..
NBBF, over to you

Depends on what FIBA’s nationality rules stipulate
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
PDPGuy:

Depends on what FIBA’s nationality rules stipulate

I don't think she has played for the US team in an official game...Or what rule add you reffering to?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Danielnino00:

NBBF, over to you
...i do not think she wants to play for us,besides,it might just be to late to work it out before olympics.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by geonyte(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
carbonado:
...i do not think she wants to play for us,besides,it might just be to late to work it out before olympics.
she part of us 3×3 basketball team

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
List is out...

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
carbonado:
List is out...
...let play a game, from this list, you guys should pick your 12 man list, provided everything is okay no ijures. Lwts se who will come closest, when the final list is released.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
carbonado:
List is out...

Im really excited about OG!!
I really like the guy!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
carbonado:

She hasn't played for US team before....she doesn't need a switch like it's done with FIFA,unless I'm wrong..

I don't think she would mind playing for us.. unless she wants to wait for US or doesn't fancy playing at the Olympics
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
geonyte:
she part of us 3×3 basketball team
... This was the response as regards Arike... @Danielnino00..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by dankorode(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Danielnino00:

Im really excited about OG!!
I really like the guy!!
pls who's OG? let me get his name in full so dat i can Google it.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
dankorode:
... No 21 on the list OG Anunoby

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
carbonado:
List is out...

What is Emeka Okafor doing on the list? He is too old for the Squad. Some of the names I am seeing here make me laugh. It is almost a month to dunk off time shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked at the Olympics, please. Coach Brown should narrow his list to the best players in this list. Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Redman44:

What is Emeka Okafor doing on the list? He is too old for the Squad. Some of the names I am seeing here make me laugh. It is almost a month to dunk off time shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked at the Olympics, please. Coach Brown should narrow his list to the best players in this list. Cheers.

My thoughts too. At this stage of preparations, the provisional rooster should be down to, say, 24/25 players. 49 is just too many players fighting for a spot with about 4.5 weeks left
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
Danielnino00:

I don't think she has played for the US team in an official game...Or what rule add you reffering to?
I was referring to this doc.

http://www.fiba.basketball/downloads/v3_expe/agen/docs/3-ELIGIBILITY-NATIONAL-STATUS-of-%20PLAYERS.pdf]

Anyway, I’ve checked her profile and she played in the 2020 FIBA pre-Olympic qualifying tournament ..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
dankorode:

Ogugua Anunoby
He plays for the raptors
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
carbonado:
... This was the response as regards Arike... @Danielnino00..

Oh..
I wasn't aware of that..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by geonyte(m): 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
Las Las jahil okafor wan play for us
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
geonyte:
Las Las jahil okafor wan play for us
.....left to me,we do not need to 2 okafors,also the former golden state big man is not needed...i feel the coach is just waisting valuable time. why do u bring a 49 man squad now.A few weeks to the olympics

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:18am On Jun 23, 2021
I am not too sure of some players current form,however, if i had to pick a list, my list will go like this :-
- Ike Ireogbu.
- Monte Morris.
- Ben Uzor.
-Josh Okogie.
- Gabe Vincent.
- Nwamu.
- OG Anunoby.
- Jordan Nwora.
- Al-Farook Aminu.
- Ike Diogu.
- Chimeze Metu.
- Mike Eric.
There goes my list.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by geonyte(m): 4:52am On Jun 23, 2021
carbonado:
.....left to me,we do not need to 2 okafors,also the former golden state big man is not needed...i feel the coach is just waisting valuable time. why do u bring a 49 man squad now.A few weeks to the olympics
Nigeria also have fiba afrobasket to partake in so the list is ok
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 4:54am On Jun 23, 2021
carbonado:
I am not too sure of some players current form,however, if i had to pick a list, my list will go like this :-
- Ike Ireogbu.
- Monte Morris.
- Ben Uzor.
-Josh Okogie.
- Gabe Vincent.
- Nwamu.
- OG Anunoby.
- Jordan Nwora.
- Al-Farook Aminu.
- Ike Diogu.
- Chimeze Metu.
- Mike Eric.
There goes my list.
. Obi Emegano should replace Ike Nwamu on your list. Keith Omoeirah should replace Ben Uzoh or Metu. Emegano and Omoeirah are very intelligent players. Egekezie can also make this Olympic squad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 4:58am On Jun 23, 2021
geonyte:
Nigeria also have fiba afrobasket to partake in so the list is ok
. You are right. Egekezie is a good player. He will make the team to the Afro basket. I think Obi Emegano can play at the Olympics. Omoeirah also.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
carbonado:
- Ike Ireogbu.
- Monte Morris.
- Ben Uzor.
-Josh Okogie.
- Gabe Vincent.
- Nwamu.
- OG Anunoby.
- Jordan Nwora.
- Al-Farook Aminu.
- Ike Diogu.
- Chimeze Metu.
- Mike Eric.
There goes my list.

I don't understand the situation with Aminu... after he was traded to the bulls,he barely played...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

I don't understand the situation with Aminu... after he was traded to the bulls,he barely played...
... Yea... That is why i said i am not too sure about some players current form.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
I hardly see him. Same as other names in big clubs
They hardly play.

Danielnino00:

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Panda7(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Update
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by geonyte(m): 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
Danielnino00:

he has injury
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
geonyte:
he has injury
I know he was injured while with the magic, but he recovered later and played some games before being traded to the bulls. I barely saw his name on the injury list..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
somehow:
I hardly see him. Same as other names in big clubs
They hardly play.

TBH, of all the NBA boys on the list, only Anunoby and to some extent,Okogie are starters at their respective teams.. The rest are mostly bench players...

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (99) (Reply)

Libya Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 2 - 3 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.