Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous (27633 Views)

Tinubu Sacks Ahmed Kuru As AMCON CEO, Names Gbenga Alade As Replacement / Nigeria Air Is A Fraud - House Of Reps Declares / Christian Ehima: Reports Of Army Torturing A Man To Death Is Misleading - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by Iamgrey5(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
BigIyanga:

Your inability to read and analyze statistical data is on full display.. lol.
My stats were given by NCAA as the primary source.. pls Google primary source.
Also my stats were from 2017- the most current.
Your sources are neither credible nor up to date.
Your numbers dont differentiate btw intl and domestic passengers.
Try harder.
Bro you posted newspaper article an you claimed it was from Naca

I posted sources of major travel agencies and travel blogs as well as Wikipedia

I can see google is a problem for you

Apparently, you have been running around in circles since yesterday

Please mention one airport you have ever been too!

I am waiting

Idiot who thinks airlines go to other African countries to pick up Nigerian passengers cheesy

Even in your article, it is 11millon with 3.5 million being international travelers

I don't see any mention of the infrastructure that is making them travel to other African countries to pick up passengers.
Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by BigIyanga: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Bro you posted newspaper article an you claimed it was from Naca

I posted sources of major travel agencies and travel blogs as well as Wikipedia

I can see google is a problem for you

Apparently, you have been running around in circles since yesterday

Please mention one airport you have ever been too!

I am waiting

Idiot who thinks airlines go to other African countries to pick up Nigerian passengers cheesy

Even in your article, it is 11millon with 3.5 million being international travelers

I don't see any mention of the infrastructure that is making them travel to other African countries to pick up passengers.
Primary data came from NACA and reported by a Naija newspaper.
So you think that FG is putting up $300m to woo investors for domestic air travel?? Domestic airlines are all struggling because domestic travels are not profitable..
FG is targetting mostly Intl travels..
If you have traveled a lit bit, you’d know thatNaija has little or no aviation infrastructure comparable to Ethiopia,Kenya, North Africans and RSA. Stop your self delusion.

My SkyTeam and Star Alliance miles can you fly you anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
AZeD1:

I'd love to hear your opinion on this issue based on the ministers clarification.

The clarification made by the minister simply justified my earlier stance. However, the issue I have is that the government should have put effort into getting willing investors by now (this shouldn't be in the subject matter as people would have been convinced about its seriousness if the investors are already known). Also, it would have saved us from the stress of going back and forth on the integrity of the whole project. For now, I will still keep my hope high.

1 Like

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by LaudableXX: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
AZeD1:
There's not hate filled position, only Buhari's supporters think everybody hates them.

Chike Obi was right.

1) Did the Minister talk about IPO during the launch?
2) Did he talk about "Nigerians" being the majority shareholder at launch? Rumours of Ethiopian Air or Qatar Air being the majority owner at launch.
3) Why did the minister at launch say the Government would own a max of 5% when the initial plan was for the Government to own 100%?

People have called the Minister on his BS and he is trying to back pedal.

@Phagyrhe, The launch is not even one week and the Government is changing its story. One would expect any serious person going into a capital intensive business like aviation to have a well thought and laid out plan but not this government.

Like I said in my first post, if look like bs, sounds like bs, it is bs.
Thank you for saying it, as it is! cool
Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by Truth234(m): 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
Truth234:

This is a very good project but the numbers are not adding up. You don't just buy planes, you pre-order from manufacturers, which certainly take more than five months needed to kick-start the whole project by FG.

Even PPP documentation will take more than five months to finalize. I mean Qatar and Ethiopia are interested in the project and so are some British investors. This bureaucratic process will take months. Except the government is not serious with the whole project or it is another campaign strategy.

The $300 million is not enough to buy five units and provide reasonable liquidity to run the project going by your numbers.

PassingShot remember?

1 Like

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by PassingShot(m): 3:13am On Sep 20, 2018
Truth234:

PassingShot remember?
My response to your submission was apt then as it is now.

I said this in replying to you

PassingShot:

Of course you know that my saying "bought" doesn't mean buying off the shelf. The ministry is already discussing this seriously with Boeing. By the way, the licence to do the PPP for the national carrier is valid for a year which means even if the December target is missed, it can still be done till around May/June next year.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by naijaking1: 3:33am On Sep 20, 2018
Firefire:
Why not allowed the government of lies and deceit who have detailed information of the project to respond to the tweet?

Why base your response on newspaper publications which could be HALF-TRUTH?

FYI, this government is too fraudulent to be defended without empirical facts and figures l.

Good luck on your enterprise of defense.

“*Air Nigeria/Nigeria Air*

Ordinarily, it should gladdens the heart when plans were set to revive Nigeria air fleet for commercial purpose.

But critical comparison to other countries with national fleets has propounded these questions begging for answers.

One might ask why the rush to unveil a logo when there are no aircraft's, personnel's, websites and other functional apparatus on ground? Is this another gimmicks to score points.

*Time shall tell*

- Who are the owners of the *95%* equity?

- Why is the ownership shrouded in secrecy?

- Why is *5%* equity holder funding the business?

- Where are these fundings *$8m, $300m coming from? Budget? Borrowing*?

- Are the aircrafts under lease agreement? *If yes, for how many years*?

- If it's private investment, why would a *5%* equity holder determine the *name, logo and other trademarks* of the airline?

- Since it's private sector driven, why not adopt any of the existing airlines in Nigeria as the National carrier?

- Are there sinister motives? Sure! Time shall tell.

Facts that you may need to compare notes:

Other National carriers in Africa.

*Kenya*
Fleet size: *40*
Kenya Airways is *48.9%* owned by the Government of Kenya

*Ethiopia*
Fleet size: *100*
Ethiopian Airways is *100%* owned by government.

*Morocco*
Fleet size: *56*
Royal Air Maroc is *100%* owned by government of Morocco

*South Africa*
Fleet size: *47*
South African Airways is *100%* owned by Government of South Africa.

*Rwanda*
Fleet size: *12*
Rwandair is *99%* owned by the Government of Rwanda

*Tunisia*
Fleet size: *29*
Tunisair The company is *74%* owned by the Tunisian government

*Egypt*
Fleet size: *54*
Egypt Air is *100%* owned by the Government of Egypt

*Nigeria Air*
Fleet size: *Unknown*
Nigeria Air is *5%* owned by the government .

Even the British Airways was *solely owned* by the British Government until it was privatised in *1987*.

So, where are we?” - copied

These corrupt and poorly paid NL worriors will not tell you that Buhari is trying to buy an airline for crazy Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by nawtyme: 6:43am On Sep 20, 2018
PassingShot:
I read with great shock the outright lie tweeted by Mustafa Chike-Obi and posted on the FP of Nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/4631046/mustafa-chike-obi-former-amcom-boss) about the initial capital for the newly unveiled national carrier - Air Nigeria. The claim by the former AMCON Boss that $300m initial capital for the national carrier represents 5% of the initial capital is not only misleading but mischievous and unpatriotic.

For clarification sake, the $300M is the total initial capital required for the first three years of the airline and it is only 5% (max.) of this amount ($15m) that the FG is obliged to contribute. It's the private investors that will contribute the remaining balance of $285m.

The above position was clearly reported by Reuters here http://www.africanews.com/2018/07/20/nigeria-air-seeks-strategic-partner-to-invest-300// where it clearly stated “The initial capital is likely to be in the range of $US 150 to 300 million, invested in tranches over time from start up through the first years of operation,” a government document stated.

It was also clearly reported by Vanguard here https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/nigeria-air-to-gulp-8-8m-preliminary-cost-300m-as-take-off-cost/ . Punch clarifies the 5% stake of the FG in the Project by stating “The Nigerian Government will not own more than 5% (maximum) of the new National Carrier. Government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it,” he said http://punchng.com/breaking-nigeria-unveils-name-of-national-carrier-logo/

Now, if the man who prides himself a mathematician is to be correct with his tweet, is he now saying that the initial capital is $6bn? If $300m is 5%, surely the 100% required initial capital required must be $6bn. Chike-Obi needs to tell us where (if it exists anywhere at all) he got his own figure from.

The tweet by the Mustafa, just as that by Oby Ezekwesili should be of great concern to all patriotic citizens of our country who genuinely seek to see Nigeria develop and succeed. Their tweets are a clear indication that many Nigerians do not mind cutting their nose to spite their face! They hate the president so much and if the total failure of the country is the only thing that must happen to justify their hatred for the president, it's all well and good in their own books.
After cutting your nose to spite your face, where is the National carrier today?
Your principal spent billions of Naira on a project that has gone to the drain, and of course you would still support him.

1 Like

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by nawtyme: 6:46am On Sep 20, 2018
9jaArea:
This is what patriots do.
Most of the people faulting the unveiled carrier now didn't even make an attempt at it when they were in government.

All of a sudden all Nigerians have turned aviation experts putting up wrong information in the media. The media on its part does more harm than good in this part of the world.

It's a good thing Baba doesn't have time for people like this.
Patriot, where is your national carrier today?

2 Likes

Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by PassingShot(m): 7:30am On Sep 20, 2018
nawtyme:

After cutting your nose to spite your face, where is the National carrier today?
Your principal spent billions of Naira on a project that has gone to the drain, and of course you would still support him.
Lack of quality education is your problem.

The objective of my thread was to point out the false claims of the former AMCON CEO based on facts and figures presented. It wasn't about if the project will fly or not.

And I will rather pray and support the project to succeed than wishing and hoping it fails.

What's your point?
Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by PassingShot(m): 7:33am On Sep 20, 2018
nawtyme:

Patriot, where is your national carrier today?
Most of you guys are pathetic really. That the project is suspended for some reasons doesn't mean it has failed.

Even if it doesn't happen for some reason, it doesn't mean those who wish it to succeed are not patriots.

If its failure gives you orgasm, you all need to check yourselves into psychiatric hospital.
Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by Truth234(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2018
PassingShot:

My response to your submission was apt then as it is now.

I said this in replying to you

That is the problem. Here is my response to that particular submission. It is not possible or realistic, a lot of us here are professionals and understand how business works.

Truth234:

The earliest date would be around 2020 if they work really hard. Something I doubt since FG influence will be limited going by the poor stake of 5%, this is another dangerous decision. Fg needs more than 5% to effectively influence operation and control cost for the masses because that should be the essence of a national carrier.
Re: Former AMCON CEO's Tweet About $300m Nigeria Air Is Misleading And Mischievous by sholatech(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hahahahaha
deomelo:

What's that meaningless and irrelevant nonsense got to do with you still unable to read and comprehend?

We have documented facts and news articles stating precisely the FG's obligation so stick to facts and dispense off the puerile rumors, gossips, innuendoes, and rubbish that you cannot support with any credible facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Agbaje’s Convoy In Lagos / Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power / Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomhole On Collision Course Over NDDC MD Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.