Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa (55486 Views)

Peter Obi Is The Leader That We Need For Nigeria Presently - Gbadebo Rhodes(vid) / BREAKING: Top Nigerian Leader Dies After Surgery (pics) / Finally See Video Of The ESN Leader That Beheaded 10 Girls For Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by 9jaBloke: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Is this thread aimed at glorifying Abacha?

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by stano2(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by rabonni(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2018
But the money he Stole traveled

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by DidierDrogba: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2018
the only man that saved Nigeria money.....now we are enjoying it

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Jokerman(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2018
GavelSlam:
Onyeka Onwenu campaigned for him .

Tribalist vedaxcool.... continue... goal post shifter...

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Jokerman(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2018
May shaitan continue to bleep Abacha wherever he is....
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by meneski(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2018
dis village self! I don tire oh.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Realdeals(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2018
somito121:
Apart from the looting, Nigeria was OK and powerful during abacha's reign..

Okay indeed with the invention of Abacha stove, what I however feel, is that Abacha would have succeeded to a large extent cleansed our political system of all the useless old elders that are still dictating the polity now, the likes of OBJ, Tinubu would have been history by now.
Though the cleansing might appear to be targeting people from the south, his audacity to have arrested a powerful northern figure like Shehu Yar,ádua is a pointer that he does not care about your location if you are disturbing the polity, Sgt. Roger will go after you.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by GavelSlam: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2018
Jokerman:

Tribalist vedaxcool.... continue... goal post shifter...

The owner of the moniker would respond to you.

In the meantime, some Nigerians such as Onyeka Onwenu and Daniel Kanu campaigned vigorously for Abacha to transmute into civilian and life president.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by icon02(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2018
He didn't travel beyond Africa but his looted funds were doing the travels for him around the world

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by aribisala0(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2018
Never traveled outside arrest but when he stole he sent it where?

A. Ghana
B. Cameroon
C Chad
D Kenya
E Switzerlland

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by flowalk(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2018
Abacha might be a dictator but he has done what some civilian govt cannot achieve

argue with your keyboard

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by hush15: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
What about the countless assassinations including that of Kudirat Abiola(Lagos), Suliat Adedeji(Ibadan) etc & attempted assassination on the likes of Alex Ibru, Abraham Adesanya etc. by the notorious "Strike Force" under the then Maj.Hamza Al-Mustapha

Dont mind the turkey? He was a baby then so he or she cant comprehend. Killing, rioting and molestation by the military was very rampant.

As a civilian, you could just wake up and find soldiers in your compound without any reason. The only good thing is everybody was obedient. But thats only out of fear, not choice but i guess nigerians honestly dont know how to work with choice but fear....

4 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Iamgrey5(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2018
Abacha had nothing to do with the end of Apartheid in South Africa. So I wonder why op mischievously listed it like an achievement for him

5 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Jennifer15(f): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2018
His own don pass jorr...
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by icon02(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2018
DidierDrogba post
=69623573:

the only man that saved Nigeria money.....now we are enjoying it
Hahah! Save indeed. One Hausa boy once told me this

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by MbaiseBoy(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2018
Without Abacha Half of Imolites would have been dead in the hands of Otokoto....

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Iamgrey5(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2018
Abacha had nothing to do with the end of Apartheid in South Africa. So I wonder why op mischievously listed it like an achievement for him

The pope visited Nigeria because of the multiple killings and human rights abuses in Nigeria at the time

Why don't you compare Abacha to other military regime that had absolute power to influence their own policy, rather than mischievously compare to the current civilian dispensation

Obj and Buhari built a refinery

Buhari truly fought corruption when he first came to office

Obj encouraged a lot of businesses in Nigerian and truly sanctioned businesses that had anything to do with South Africa after the killing of Dr Steve Biko by the Apartheid government

I believe Babaginda built the third main land bridge which was the longest bridge in Africa until 96

Don't spin history for us op

6 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by naijacentric(m): 8:03am On Jul 23, 2018
Ndonu101:
The man was not popular with the EU, UK or US due to his brutality

Nigeria was also facing sanctions from these countries

So it would not have been possible to host such a dictator

Don’t spin this reality into some pan African foreign policy. Abacha did not have a foreign policy and only cared about remaining in office forever
which mumu foreign d same one dat drestroys africa koll mentality
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:04am On Jul 23, 2018
b4 I opened dis thread to know who d president might be, I 1st of all stroke out Baba's name, cos Baba then was simply a "Flyin President".

Bubu nah learner where OBJ dey, Baba fly pass bird those dayz grin

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by naijacentric(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2018
Fyi0:
Abacha is Nigeria's worst president ever. No question about that
sharap dia he is better dan ur presidents since 1999

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Keneeby(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2018
The present suffering of Nigeria can fully be traced from Babangida and Abacha era. I remember nothing was working. Poverty and hunger was a friend to everyone. Teachers were in abject poverty. The worst democracy is better than the best military regime.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by mfm04622: 8:08am On Jul 23, 2018
anibi9674:
and the only man that saved money for Nigeria during the rainy dayz.

If you know, you know! Right?
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by icon02(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2018
selemempe:
Abacha's regim was many things to many people.
To some people it was a time of strenght and internal order..while to someother people it was nigeria's worst era...

Well some facts are here..
1. Under Abacha the city of Abuja started taking shape
2. Under Abacha Nigeria for the 1st time became Africa's largest economy in 1995
3. Under Abacha, top govt officials used simple peugeot cars
4. Under Abacha PTF was everywhere
5. Under Abacha nigeria led ECOMOG in liberia and sierra leone
6. Under Abacha nigeria airways died.
7 under abacha there was stability in the niger delta
8. Under abacha there was massive poverty in nigeria and almost no middle class
9. Under abacha there was brutal dictatorship
Add to your list
10. Under Abacha Nigeria paper mill died
11 under Abacha Nigeria railway died.
12. Under Abacha there was massive abuse of human right

5 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by icon02(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2018
Iamgrey5:

The pope visited Nigeria because of the multiple killings and human rights abuses in Nigeria at the time

Why don't you compare Abacha to other military regime that had absolute power to influence their own policy, rather than mischievously compare to the current civilian dispensation

Obj and Buhari built a refinery

Buhari truly fought corruption when he first came to office

Obj encouraged a lot businesses in Africa

I believe Babaginda built the third main land bridge which was the longest bridge in Africa until 96

Check your facts well. Buhari didn't build any refinery

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by oweman: 8:10am On Jul 23, 2018
Ibo"s will always cry no matter .
I observe since the flushing off of Agui Ironsi who tried to enslaving Nigerians but the peole got his plans early enough.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Keneeby(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2018
naijacentric:
sharap dia he is better dan ur presidents since 1999

I think you're a kid, you didn't witness the military regime.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 8:10am On Jul 23, 2018
abacha did not travel abroad but his loots did.

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by naijacentric(m): 8:11am On Jul 23, 2018
Keneeby:

I think you're a kid, you didn't witness the military regime.
still shut up old fool no i was born yesterday brain washed bitch is ur democrazy not a scam

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Bennycollins: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2018
Where in his comment did he say he lost his job?? Ok assuming he did, he should not be bitter? He should rather be singing Buhari's praises,right? Some of you are just silly and heartless folks.[ quote author=GavelSlam post=69619145]

So you lost your job and you've been bitter ever since.

grin
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by oweman: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=icon02 post=69624005] Check your facts well. Buhari didn't build any refinery

So who built the ones the vandals spoilt ?
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Keneeby(m): 8:14am On Jul 23, 2018
naijacentric:
still shut up old fool no i was born yesterday brain washed bitch is ur democrazy not a scam

You are still talking like a kid. Those who were there during military era can't be talking this way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RUGA: Europe Based Nigerian Man Flaunts His Cattle Ranch / Aisha Buhari Exposes Aso Rock Clinic Management: "No Single Syringe There" / Jonathan Condoles With Buhari On Son's Accident. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.