Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa (55468 Views)

Peter Obi Is The Leader That We Need For Nigeria Presently - Gbadebo Rhodes(vid) / BREAKING: Top Nigerian Leader Dies After Surgery (pics) / Finally See Video Of The ESN Leader That Beheaded 10 Girls For Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:14am On Jul 23, 2018
ABACHA THE SILLY FULANI MAN
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by donbachi(m): 8:15am On Jul 23, 2018
Not that he couldn't...just that his trademark glasses was made not to see outside africa or could not detect foreign securitymen.like cia,fbi,kgb and mossad.

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Iamgrey5(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2018
icon02:

Check your facts well. Buhari didn't build any refinery
Perhaps he completed the Warri refinery or started the porthacult 2 refinery.... I know he once claimed he built the four refineries in Nigeria, which isn't true
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by naijacentric(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2018
Keneeby:

You are still talking like a kid. Those who were there during military era can't be talking this way.
u av notin to prove shege banza
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by InvertedHammer: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2018
Ndonu101:
The man was not popular with the EU, UK or US due to his brutality

Nigeria was also facing sanctions from these countries

So it would not have been possible to host such a dictator

Don’t spin this reality into some pan African foreign policy. Abacha did not have a foreign policy and only cared about remaining in office forever

/
US will never turn her back on a leader because of brutality. They supported Sadam Hussein, Gaddafi, etc until US "interests" are at stake. Dictator is the bad name they tag a dissenter before they overthrow him. Believe their PR media at your own peril. Do they abhor dictators? Why are they negotiating with Russia and North Korea?

/

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by OKorowanta: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

Record high unemployment? I am confused , never before has poverty and unemployment exceeded the record of the current govt with over 79 million extremely poor people ( highest ever in human history anywhere) and over 15 million jobs totally lost yet you are part of the people still canvassing for the second for such poor performance.. Deji don't you think you are a hypocrite at this stage ...

Nigeria under Abacha was a million times more secure than it is today with over 20 thousands lives lost in just 3 years to insecurity under Buhari as compared to less than 700 under Abacha ( yet you still support Buhari)..

Its on record that Abacha built more hospital than the current Buhari govt and fixed more road , then our roads were safe you could travel at night without fear of being robbed by herdsmen .. Apart from rampart fuel shortage under Abacha there is no basis of comparison between Abacha and the failed Buhari you currently support.

Bros no go there o.Both Abacha and Buhari dey mad!
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2018
madridguy:
Continue to RIP the people's general.
image laundering at it's peak.relegating history to the background to score cheap political point
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Walexybobo(m): 8:19am On Jul 23, 2018
Abacha never travelled outta africa but had toured the world savings nigeria monies to be shared among the poorest citizens by bubu.
Continue to rot in hell.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 23, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 8:21am On Jul 23, 2018
anibi9674:
and the only man that saved money for Nigeria during the rainy dayz.
after all,abacha did not steal a dime.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by lobell: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2018
OP stop telling lies in broad daylight. The man could not travel outside because he was going to be arrested, tried and jailed for crimes against humanity. Stop trying to spin it like he did not want to go to 'the abroad' like everyone else.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Simbrixton(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2018
madridguy:
shoroniyen
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by gudugudumeje: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2018
@mmb & others lk him:you must be a minor. And for ur information, only Chief Adekunle Ajasin is the leader that can be described as a leader who never travelled outside African shores.Only but once he travelled out was to the shore to Fourah Bay College,his alma mater in Siera Leone during his tenure as governor of Ondo state.No other leader. Abacha is a pariah stateman who exported bilions of our petrol dollar money to Europe& America.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2018
selemempe:
Abacha's regim was many things to many people.
To some people it was a time of strenght and internal order..while to someother people it was nigeria's worst era...

Well some facts are here..
1. Under Abacha the city of Abuja started taking shape
2. Under Abacha Nigeria for the 1st time became Africa's largest economy in 1995
3. Under Abacha, top govt officials used simple peugeot cars
4. Under Abacha PTF was everywhere
5. Under Abacha nigeria led ECOMOG in liberia and sierra leone
6. Under Abacha nigeria airways died.
7 under abacha there was stability in the niger delta
8. Under abacha there was massive poverty in nigeria and almost no middle class
9. Under abacha there was brutal dictatorship
lies from the pit of hell
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by chineselink: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2018
Where is Saudi Arabia? In Africa I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by gudugudumeje: 8:33am On Jul 23, 2018
@mmb & others lk him:you must be a minor. And for ur information, only Chief Adekunle Ajasin is the leader that can be described as a leader who never travelled outside African shores.Only but once he travelled out was to the shore to Fourah Bay College,his alma mater in Siera Leone during his tenure as governor of Ondo state.No other leader.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Simbrixton(m): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2018
GavelSlam:

The owner of the moniker would respond to you.

In the meantime, some Nigerians such as Onyeka Onwenu and Daniel Kanu campaigned vigorously for Abacha to transmute into civilian and life president.
most igbos supported him including ikemba ben nwabueze

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
What about the countless assassinations including that of Kudirat Abiola(Lagos), Suliat Adedeji(Ibadan) etc & attempted assassination on the likes of Alex Ibru, Abraham Adesanya etc. by the notorious "Strike Force" under the then Maj.Hamza Al-Mustapha
he assassinated cowards that wanted to truncates His government... punishment for treason is capital punishment.. those civilian junta's rebels deserve the punishment

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2018
Realdeals:

Okay indeed with the invention of Abacha stove, what I however feel, is that Abacha would have succeeded to a large extent cleansed our political system of all the useless old elders that are still dictating the polity now, the likes of OBJ, Tinubu would have been history by now.
Though the cleansing might appear to be targeting people from the south, his audacity to have arrested a powerful northern figure like Shehu Yar,ádua is a pointer that he does not care about your location if you are disturbing the polity, Sgt. Roger will go after you.
yardua was not from south
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by deji68: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2018
Well, you are confused because u dont think deeply , employment rate now is better than under Abacha, not because PMB is doing a good Job.Its because the new democratical setting under OBJ brought new policies, brought millions of new Job. Ths Telecom industry, modern banking system, E.T;c likewise Yardua/GEJ policies in railways revalitization, Power, Agric etc .So do you think all the jobs created in these sectors will vanish just like that , People are still selling recharge card, there are ATM managers, people , there software programmer that keep the Bank systems running, Street sweepers,There are people still working in Shoprite, they are came back after Abacha...under PMB we can lose some job but we cant get as low as Abacha era...
Security, since i was born the North has always been flashpoint of religious and ethnic violence even some part of the SW Ife/ modakeke killings etc happened throughout may stay in OAU.Maybe on a lower scale, those killings were not properly documented, but they were as bad as now.
Armed robbery were rampant like i said e.g Lagos to ibadan, drivers plyin the road normally drive in the middle to avoid being robbed by "Rim Throwers".Almost every house in my area were robbed during this era.
Roads in my part of SW were dilapidated even MM airport under Aabcha was an eyesore the stench of the toilets filled with feaces is still in my nostril 22 years after i passed through that airport , AC was not working, when i passed through the same Airport under OBJ/GEJ i met it in a better condtion.
I was treated in of Abacha Hospital when i injured my shoulder in Ibadan ...no doctor, they didn have common bandage, i was adviced to use a wrapper as a bandage, before i was rushed to a private hospital
i wasnt comparing Abacha era with Pmb, even if u do Naija is far better than under Abacha
FarahAideed:

Record high unemployment? I am confused , never before has poverty and unemployment exceeded the record of the current govt with over 79 million extremely poor people ( highest ever in human history anywhere) and over 15 million jobs totally lost yet you are part of the people still canvassing for the second for such poor performance.. Deji don't you think you are a hypocrite at this stage ...

Nigeria under Abacha was a million times more secure than it is today with over 20 thousands lives lost in just 3 years to insecurity under Buhari as compared to less than 700 under Abacha ( yet you still support Buhari)..

Its on record that Abacha built more hospital than the current Buhari govt and fixed more road , then our roads were safe you could travel at night without fear of being robbed by herdsmen .. Apart from rampart fuel shortage under Abacha there is no basis of comparison between Abacha and the failed Buhari you currently support.

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Jethrolite(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2018
Na wa o.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by GEEBITE: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2018
You must have been a little boy then or you have no conscience at all.All your heroes like Tinubu and co were driven into exile during this period.Yet Abacha is your here.
madridguy:
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by fatiuabdul: 8:45am On Jul 23, 2018
he didn't travel off shore of africa but his looted monies did!
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Awoleesu(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2018
selemempe:
Abacha's regim was many things to many people.
To some people it was a time of strenght and internal order..while to someother people it was nigeria's worst era...

Well some facts are here..
1. Under Abacha the city of Abuja started taking shape
2. Under Abacha Nigeria for the 1st time became Africa's largest economy in 1995
3. Under Abacha, top govt officials used simple peugeot cars
4. Under Abacha PTF was everywhere
5. Under Abacha nigeria led ECOMOG in liberia and sierra leone
6. Under Abacha nigeria airways died.
7 under abacha there was stability in the niger delta
8. Under abacha there was massive poverty in nigeria and almost no middle class
9. Under abacha there was brutal dictatorship
10. Under abacha us$= N84 (the lowest since then) 11. Under abacha ken saro wiwa & 8 others were killed despite popular local & global call for clemency...
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Jokerman(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2018
GavelSlam:

The owner of the moniker would respond to you.

In the meantime, some Nigerians such as Onyeka Onwenu and Daniel Kanu campaigned vigorously for Abacha to transmute into civilian and life president.

Lol... vedaxcool kan naa!!! grin

However we all know, Nigerians are hypocrites, standing where it suits us... just like how Tinubu and co are dancing and twerking for Abacha the 2nd....

1 Like

Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
What about the countless assassinations including that of Kudirat Abiola(Lagos), Suliat Adedeji(Ibadan) etc & attempted assassination on the likes of Alex Ibru, Abraham Adesanya etc. by the notorious "Strike Force" under the then Maj.Hamza Al-Mustapha
bless u .He used these to hold unto power.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Perhaps he completed the Warri refinery or started the porthacult 2 refinery.... I know he once claimed he built the four refineries in Nigeria, which isn't true
please,go back to your history book.porthacult?it is agreed.but two refineries by buhari,when?
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Witnes: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2018
It has been long the west be killing our leaders.
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Ikpongiton: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2018
naijacentric:
u av notin to prove shege banza
fulani herdsman is here.so,beware .
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by Iamgrey5(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2018
Ikpongiton:
please,go back to your history book.porthacult?it is agreed.but two refineries by buhari,when?
Sir read what I wrote again

Since when does or indicate two things?
Re: Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa by VictorRomanov: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2018
deji68:
Dont mind him...Fuel shortage, infrastructure decay, Education moribund, Universities closures, record high unemployment ,insecurity, rampant
armed robbery rate ....... short memory dey worry them ... cool cool cool

10 years from now someone would say the same thing about the current administration - that it was the best Nigeria ever had.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal / Police Paraded My Uncle Who Works In Oil Firm As Gunman - Lady Cries Out (pics) / Atiku, Buhari Arrive At Venue For Signing Of Second Peace Accord (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.