Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Mary Is Not The Mother Of God - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (21287 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
blueAgent:

Hypocrite you only refer to the scripture when you want to hide your lies but will not accept any bible verse that contradicts your false Church doctrine.

Let me ask you if Jesus was God the father and son at the same time then who did Jesus tell his disciples sent him to Earth? who did Jesus say his will be done shortly before he was to die, he prayed that this cup should pass over him.

just before Jesus was
arrested. In the garden Jesus
prayed to his Father three times,
saying, “My Father, if it is
possible, may this cup be taken
from me. Yet not as I will, but as
you will”—the KJV says, “Let this
cup pass from me” (Matthew
26:39). A little later, Jesus prays,
“My Father, if it is not possible for
this cup to be taken away unless I
drink it, may your will be
done” (Matthew 26:42).

Thirdly if Jesus is the same person acting as God the father than who was sitting next to God in Heaven?

Ephesians 1:20
that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
What is this clown blabbing about? Who says Jesus is the father? Is that what your understanding of the Trinity is? And you even had to call me a hypocrite?
I knew it from day one that you're very confused.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
solite3:
who invented the title mother of God?

at bold no one had a dispute calling Mary mother of God because such title was not known in the churches.
Has nothing to do with inventing the title mother of God
The moment Jesus was born, Mary as the mother of God incarnate was born too
Mary, as the mother of God incarnate, never existed prior to the birth of Jesus
Mary existed but Mary, as mother of God incarnate, never did.
Mary, as the mother of God incarnate, was something undoubtedly new for Mary

solite3:
no one dispute the fact that Mary is the mother of Christ but NOT the mother of God
I am grateful to you for conceding on the red emboldened. Light in the tunnel, there is a beacon of hope

solite3, since you are agreeing that Mary is the mother of Jesus (i.e. is the mother of Christ)
will if, showing you, with scripture, that, same Jesus, is God, then, making Mary be the mother of God, appeal to you?

solite3:
Mary mother of God is not scriptural, it is an imported pagan practice.
Please dont even dare change direction into imported pagan practice(s), so address the following:

1/ Would or does Mary getting called the mother of Christ seat well with you?
2/ How is Mary mother of God not scriptural?
3/ Why do you say Mary mother of God is not scriptural?
4/ Rapture and Trinity that you believe in, is that scriptural because the words, Rapture and Trinity, are written in the bible?
5/ If you say Rapture and Trinity is scriptual, even though, the words Rapture and Trinity are not written in the bible,
then why isnt Mary mother of God not scriptural, if it too, like the words Rapture and Trinity is not written in the bible?

solite3:
Christ himself ask a question to challenge people who equate his earthly sonship to his heavenly sonship.
Provide all or the bible references of Jesus doing this please and lets together, review them.

solite3:
no special attention or veneration was placed on Mary.
"For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden:
for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
"
- Luke 1:48

solite3, are you sure about this your comment?
Are you sure that "no special attention or veneration was placed on Mary"?

Exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status was not invented by the church
Exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status, is 110% scriptural

In fact, the exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status isnt a church invention.
The "special attention or veneration" status originated from angel Gabriel's Day 1 visitation.
Not just that, Mary, even, with her song, in Luke 1:48 above, predicted the "special attention or veneration" status

And it came to pass, as he spoke these things,
a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said to him,
Blessed is the womb that bore you,
and the breasts which you have sucked.

(i.e. woman, in effect, is saying to Jesus, blessed is your mother)

- Luke 11:27

Jesus would have witnessed this "special attention or veneration" status too, so many times, all over
and that's why, for posterity sake, one of Jesus' firsthand experiences of the exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status
is historically recorded, as read in Luke 11:27 above

solite3:
Mary never referred to herself as mother of God neither did others.
"His mother saith unto the servants,
Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
"
- John 2:5

Mothers know their child best
John 2:5, is a classic display of a mother love, that enables a human being

It's only a mother, like one in John 2:5 above, that knows and sees the best in her son.
It can only be a mother that gives green light like that
and implying its OK for her son, to do the an unimaginable and impossible.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
What is this clown blabbing about? Who says Jesus is the father? Is that what your understanding of the Trinity is? And you even had to call me a hypocrite?

So what does the trinity doctrine say?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 7:08am On Sep 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:

You craftily dodged my questions, why not give me the answers if you know them.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I am grateful to you for conceding on the red emboldened. Light in the tunnel, there is a beacon of hope

solite3, since you are agreeing that Mary is the mother of Jesus (i.e. is the mother of Christ)
will if, showing you, with scripture, that, same Jesus, is God, then, making Mary be the mother of God, appeal to you?

Please dont even dare change direction into imported pagan practice(s), so address the following:

4/ Rapture and Trinity that you believe in, is that scriptural because the words, Rapture and Trinity, are written in the bible?
5/ If you say Rapture and Trinity is scriptual, even though, the words Rapture and Trinity are not written in the bible,
then why isnt Mary mother of God not scriptural, if it too, like the words Rapture and Trinity is not written in the bible?

Provide all or the bible references of Jesus doing this please and lets together, review them.

"

Are you sure that "no special attention or veneration was placed on Mary"?

Exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status was not invented by the church
Exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status, is 110% scriptural

In fact, the exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status isnt a church invention.
The "special attention or veneration" status originated from angel Gabriel's Day 1 visitation.
Not just that, Mary, even, with her song, in Luke 1:48 above, predicted the "special attention or veneration" status

Jesus would have witnessed this "special attention or veneration" status too, so many times, all over
and that's why, for posterity sake, one of Jesus' firsthand experiences of the exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status

"

It's only a mother, like one in John 2:5 above, that knows and sees the best in her son.

Oh, how I love this. For acknowledging this truth, may God richly bless you. If it were a Catholic speaking, they will shout blue murder up and down.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2018
blueAgent:
Hypocrite you only refer to the scripture when you want to hide your lies but will not accept any bible verse that contradicts your false Church doctrine.

Let me ask you if Jesus was God the father and son at the same time then who did Jesus tell his disciples sent him to Earth?
who did Jesus say his will be done shortly before he was to die, he prayed that this cup should pass over him.just before Jesus was arrested.

In the garden Jesus prayed to his Father three times, saying,
“My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will”
—the KJV says, “Let this cup pass from me” (Matthew 26:39).

A little later, Jesus prays,
“My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done” (Matthew 26:42).

Thirdly if Jesus is the same person acting as God the father than who was sitting next to God in Heaven?

Ephesians 1:20
that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,

UbiPetrus:
What is this clown blabbing about? Who says Jesus is the father?
Is that what your understanding of the Trinity is? And you even had to call me a hypocrite?

blueAgent:
It wouldnt make a difference to you, that is why you arent given the answers to disrespectfully trample on
The answers to your questions, as usual, will cause you indigestion

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2018
blueAgent:

So you finally accept that Jesus is not the same as his father God?

Do you want the truth, or to hold on to the opinion of whoever you have been listening to? Remember this is not a law court, it's about Faith, only the truth will set you free.

Stop trying hard to justify yourself as correct by forcing falsehood on me. Since 325 AD, after the council of Nicea, No Catholic ever claims that the father is the son, for it is a heresy. So you see how ridiculous telling such a lie against us look? That's why you're getting these funny responses from others.

Meanwhile, I just answered your question clearly, with scripture and your words, yet you didn't even acknowledge that I was right.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2018
solite3:

why Mary is not the mother of God

In the 4th century, when Constantine the Great appointed himself Pontifex Maximus – supreme head – of the Christian Church, pagans and their pagan beliefs began infiltrating Christendom. Among the most influential of the new “converts” were those from the Mediterranean and Middle East areas where worship of the “Great Mother Goddess” and the “Divine Virgin” had existed since Babylon. According to Britannica, these groups:
“….found within the Christian Church a new possibility of expression in the worship of Mary as the virgin mother of God, in whom was achieved the mysterious union of the divine Logos with human nature. ” (Britannica,
Christianity : The doctrine of the Virgin Mary and holy Wisdom.)
By the end of the 4th century, Mary the mother of Jesus, known prior to the advent of Constantine as the Christ-bearer, (Greek
Christotokos, ) was being referred to as the God-bearer, ( theotokos .) Thus was born the doctrine of Mary, mother of God, a title foreign to Scripture where she is called only the mother of Jesus. At first, this matter drew little attention, but in AD 428, Anastasius, a presbyter in the church at Constantinople, raised objections to the theotokos appellation, and thereby originated a controversy that continues to exist here in the 21 st century.
Anastasius was immediately supported in his position by Nestorius, bishop of the Constantinople church, who believed that the
theotokos title adversely affected the fact of our Lord’s full humanity. Cyril, powerful bishop of Alexandria, motivated as much by envy of Constantinople’s standing among the eastern churches as he was by the theological aspects of the controversy, joined battle over the issue with Nestorius, outflanked him at the AD 431 First Council of Ephesus, and succeeded in confirming Mary as the mother of God. Nestorius, falsely accused of separating Christ’s two natures – human and divine – subsequently was excommunicated, then sacked as bishop of Constantinople by the emperor, Theodosius II, who had appointed him in the first place. He died in exile, but the controversy lives on. Is Mary the mother or Jesus? Or is she, a created being, the mother of eternal God?
The Roman Catholic Church and certain mainline churches that split from Rome during or following the Reformation, declare unequivocally that Mary is, in fact, the mother of God. Those historically and currently who oppose this teaching are accused, as was Nestorius, of “dividing Christ” into an “earthly Jesus” and a “heavenly Jesus,” thereby denying the essential unity of our Lord’s two natures. But that is merely an unproved and unprovable accusation. Christ, in fact, had two distinct natures fused into a single human body, a mystery quite as hidden to man as three distinct persons comprising a single Godhead. To say that Mary was the mother of Jesus only is no more a division of Christ’s two natures than acknowledging Christ as the only begotten Son of the Father is a division of the Godhead. Both are mysteries akin to that of a virgin being with child allegedly conceived by that same unborn child because He is a member of the Godhead. Shades, in other words, of the Babylonian “Mystery” religion.
In a document entitled, The Mother of Jesus , published by the Catholic Information Service of the Knights of Columbus, justification for calling Mary the mother of God is capsulized in the following two paragraphs:
In the natural and normal process of human reproduction, when both maternal and paternal functions unite, God simultaneously creates the human soul which enlivens the fecundated ovum in the woman’s womb, and thus a human person is conceived. It is always an individual’s human nature – a person who possesses human nature. (Emphasis added.)
It matters not that the woman has no part in the production of the spiritual element
(directly created by God) in the human nature of the person she conceives. It suffices that she has supplied the bodily substance which goes into the constitution of human nature possessed by the person, that she rightly acquires the title of mother. (Emphasis added.)
No one disputes the fact that Mary is the mother of the human Jesus even though she was not the “supplier” of His human soul. Nor is there any question that the man Christ Jesus was created human in body, soul and spirit. What is disputed is the extension of the title “mother” to a divine nature that eternally existed and was not created in the womb of the virgin. A mother is only the mother of what originates within her womb. The second person of the blessed trinity did not originate in Mary’s body. He is without beginning – has always existed – and has no mother.
“Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.) (Psalm 90:2) “Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.” (Psalm 93:2)
“But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him,” (Psalm 103:17) “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.” (Psalm 106:48)
That Jesus had two natures – one created and one eternal - united in a single human body is beyond question. That only one of those two natures originated in Mary’s womb also is beyond question. And why she cannot then be called the mother of God finds an exact parallel in Christ’s relationship to King David.
“He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David :” (Luke 1:32) “And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?” (Matt 12:23) “And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David ; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.” (Matt 15:22) “And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of
David.” (Matt 20:30) “And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David : Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.” (Matt 21:9)
In these Scriptures it is clearly established that the nation of Israel expected their Messiah to derive – as prophesied - from the tribe of Judah and the house of David, thereby attributing fatherhood of the Messiah to David in accordance with their method of reckoning descent. But David cannot be called the father of God because of his relationship to the man Christ Jesus. Our Lord Himself preempted any possibility of that erroneous belief.
“While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.” (Matt 22:42-46) Parallel accounts of this episode are found in Mark 12: 35-37, and Luke 20:41-44.
In these Scriptures, our Lord has done what Roman Catholic apologists say may not be done. He has clearly drawn a line between the human nature and the eternal nature of Christ. He has clearly established the fact that David is NOT the father of God, because he is NOT the father of the second person of the blessed trinity. He has clearly shown this distinction of natures to be a mystery – one the Jews of His day could not comprehend any better than the Roman Catholics or Christians of the 21st century. This mystery of the two fused but separate natures manifest in Christ finds another reference in the following excerpt from the Gospel of John. When confronted by the Jews and constrained to identify himself, John the Baptist’s response included this interesting disclosure: “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him .” (John 3:34) Certainly the Holy Spirit could not have been given to the Second Person of the trinity for He is part of that trinity. So the Holy Spirit that was given without measure was given only to the
man Christ Jesus.
It stands to reason, then, that like King David – to whom fatherhood ONLY of the
man Christ Jesus is attributed - Mary is the Mother ONLY of the man Christ Jesus. To prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt, let us insert Mary’s name in place of King David’s in the previously cited Scriptures:
“While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of MARY . He saith unto them, How then doth MARY call him Lord, saying, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Luke 1:46, 47) If
MARY then call him Lord, how is he her son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.”
To insist that Mary is Christotokos only and not theotokos is not to separate Jesus into a “heavenly Jesus” and an “earthly Jesus” as Roman Catholicism contends. It is merely recognizing what Jesus Himself made clear, that David was not the father of God, and by parallel reasoning, Mary was His earthly mother only, and not a Goddess or Queen of Heaven worthy of the title mother of God.
Because the Second Person of the blessed trinity is an eternal being having neither a beginning nor an ending, it was the man Christ Jesus who suffered as the second Adam on Calvary and died for the sins of the world. The Second Person of the trinity did not die, cannot die or be put to death. And it’s the man Christ Jesus – not the Second Person of the trinity - who is said Scripturally to be the one mediator between God and man. (1 Tim 2:5) He who is eternal, who could not and cannot die, could not be, and was not, born of the virgin.
Conclusion: Jesus Christ the man is the son of Mary. The Second Person of the Trinity is her God, not her son, for He did not originate in her womb

As I read through this, Matt. 28:15 comes to mind, of the Jewish elders distorting the story of the resurrection. Distortion of facts, yet still not achieving the desired result.

Just so you know:

Do you know that the use of Pontifex Maximus did not start with Constantine, Just that he was the first for the Christian Church, being the first Christian Emperor?

Do you know that Nestorius was the one that appealed to the Emperor to convene a church council to decide whether Mary was God bearer or not?

Do you know that Some of those who participated in the Council of 431AD were also there when the present lists of new testament books were given it's authority as canons?

Do you know that this church council condemned Nestorius heresy and proclaimed Mary as Theotokus - God bearer- Mother of God.

Do you know that this council as old as 431AD, was held in a church already dedicated in honour of Mary, Called "Church of Mary" in Ephesus?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
Syncan:

Do you want the truth, or to hold on to the opinion of whoever you have been listening to? Remember this is not a law court, it's about Faith, only the truth will set you free.

Stop trying hard to justify yourself as correct by forcing falsehood on me. Since 325 AD, after the council of Nicea, No Catholic ever claims that the father is the son, for it is a heresy. So you see how ridiculous telling such a lie against us look? That's why you're getting these funny responses from others.

Meanwhile, I just answered your question clearly, with scripture and your words, yet you didn't even acknowledge that I was right.

You answered which questions?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

It wouldnt make a difference to you, that is why you arent giving the answers to disrespectfully trample on
The answers to your questions, as usual, will cause you indigestion

Abeg go and sit down you have no answers to give.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
blueAgent:
Abeg go and sit down you have no answers to give.
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
My brother if I start to talk.
Erh, my brother, e no go end
I have the answers to give,
I know what I bring to the table.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 12:34am On Sep 27, 2018
blueAgent:

So what does the trinity doctrine say?
Are you sure you want to know and ready to accept this truth?

Well, to begin with, the Trinity doctrine doesn't say the son is the Father.
It doesn't say the Father is the Son.
It doesn't say the Son is the Holy Spirit.
It doesn't say the Holy Spirit is the Son.
It doesn't say the Father is the Holy Spirit and it doesn't say the Holy Spirit is the Father.

In fact, to suggest any of the above is heresy as long as the Holy Mother Church is concerned.

So, what does the Trinity doctrine say?
Are you sure you want to hear it?
Can you comprehend it?
I guess you need the Holy Spirit at this point more than ever.(we all do, anyway)

So far, you've been arguing against your own idea.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 12:38am On Sep 27, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Are you sure you want to know and ready to accept this truth?

Well, to begin with, the Trinity doctrine doesn't say the son is the Father.
It doesn't say the Father is the Son.
It doesn't say the Son is the Holy Spirit.
It doesn't say the Holy Spirit is the Son.
It doesn't say the Father is the Holy Spirit and it doesn't say the Holy Spirit is the Father.

In fact, to suggest any of the above is a heresy as long as the Holy Mother Church is concerned.

So, what does the Trinity doctrine say?
Are you sure you want to hear it?
Can you comprehend it?
I guess you need the Holy Spirit at this point more than ever.(we all do, anyway)

So far, you've been arguing against your own idea.

Funny, you need the Holy spirit more than you think.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 12:42am On Sep 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
My brother if I start to talk.
Erh, my brother, e no go end
I have the answers to give,
I know what I bring to the table.

No one is stopping you from talking.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 12:42am On Sep 27, 2018
blueAgent:

First, you called me a hypocrite. Now, you think I'm being crafty.

How insecure can you be.

Oh I get it.
The same guys who do not know the Scriptures are getting you schooled in your own show.

I feel your pain, believe me.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 12:47am On Sep 27, 2018
About the Trinity doctrine (which you know absolutely nothing about), I'd leave you with the Athanasian Creed, blueagent.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Have a good night.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 12:55am On Sep 27, 2018
blueAgent:
No one is stopping you from talking.
You that milk makes you lactose intolerance,
you really think giving you strong meat is wise or advisable

I care for your wellbeing and health
You havent a strong stomach for the answer
besides before it gets to your stomach,
you'll most likely already have choked on it

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 6:41am On Sep 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

grin grin grin
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
it has?
am still waiting for scriptural proof that teaches Mary is the mother of God.

are you switching base to God incarnate? Mary is not mother of God fact.

God incarnate never existed before mary? wow
Mary worshipping taken to another level,
hear what John said about God incarnate

John 1:27
He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

John 1:30
This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

and look at what Jesus said,
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

you have not been following my posts, I never argued that Mary is not the mother of God but on what level.
is it as God or
as a man.
you carefully avoided my question now answer mine
is David the father of God?

it has nothing to do with me, but a deception aimed at giving Mary what is is not.

rather you are to prove how Mary Mary is the mother of God.

not once was Mary called mother of God nor was it taught that Mary gave birth to God.
prove it

Rapture and Trinity are only mere names, the real deal is they are taught in the bible you can replace it with another word.
Mary mother if God is false teaching, the real deal is to prove it.

same question

Matthew 22:42
Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

Matthew 22:43
He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

Matthew 22:45
If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Mark 12:35
And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

Mark 12:36
For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 12:37
David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Luke 20:41
And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?

Luke 20:42
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Luke 20:44
David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Acts 2:34
For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Jesus called himself the son of man and the son of God
do you know what Jesus meant by those two phrase?
are they the same?
if they are not, that means there is difference btw, the two natures.
plus state some differences between Jesus human nature and his divine nature?

"

Are you sure that "no special attention or veneration was placed on Mary"?[/b] do you know what veneration means?
there were many people in the bible that were called blessed but we're they venerated?

[quote]Exaltation of Mary to "special attention or veneration" status was not invented by the church

show proof that special attention was place on Mary by the apostles?, how does angelic greeting translate to special attention.
Jesus also greeted his disciples, does that translate to veneration?

you quoted an error to support a lie?
pls what did Jesus say to the woman.

"

really? yet Mary did not know that Jesus will be about his father's business at the age of 12?
you are hilarious, Mr muttylaff
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I laugh at you. I don't think there is anything too hard for me to comprehend in the Bible
its obvious you don't know what to say.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
UbiPetrus:
About the Trinity doctrine (which you know absolutely nothing about), I'd leave you with the Athanasian Creed, blueagent.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Have a good night.

This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Another Blasphemy So with belief in your Catholic Church and its false doctrines one cannot be saved?
Pls can you give me a bible verse to support your big lie.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
UbiPetrus:
First, you called me a hypocrite. Now, you think I'm being crafty.

How insecure can you be.

Oh I get it.
The same guys who do not know the Scriptures are getting you schooled in your own show.

I feel your pain, believe me.

Ok i understand this is your means of ingnoring my question.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MrPRevailer(m): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
luvmijeje:

Are you the spokesperson for God? Is God complaining?

This is a matter of Life and death, Heaven and Hell.
God is angry.

"Let no man deceive you for because of this cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.". Anyone who speaks the truth is a spokesman of God.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2018
blueAgent:

This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Another Blasphemy So with belief in your Catholic Church and its false doctrines one cannot be saved?
Pls can you give me a bible verse to support your big lie.

What is the lie? That Jesus Christ the son of God is the second person of the Blessed Trinity, was conceived and born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried, descended to the dead, rose from the dead on the third day, ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the father and will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead?

Where is the lie and what biblical support do you need?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2018
UbiPetrus:
What is the lie? That Jesus Christ the son of God is the second person of the Blessed Trinity, was conceived and born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried, descended to the dead, rose from the dead on the third day, ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the father and will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead?

I tire o. He's trying to hop unto another Issue.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
UbiPetrus:

It is a big lie for you and your Church to call Mary mother of God.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
solite3:
it has?
It hasnt

solite3:
am still waiting for scriptural proof that teaches Mary is the mother of God.
Are you pretending you dont know, that Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 said:
"The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel
(i.e. which means 'God is with us')."

Look up Isaiah 8:8 and Isaiah 8:10, blueAgent, to see who Immanuel is

Immanuel (i.e. "God is with you'') is simply saying "God living among us"
God, incarnated Himself in man, appearing as Jesus, to physically live amongst us

solite3, the child is God,
the angel that brought the message to Mary, told her and us, that the child will be called Immanuel (i.e. "God is with us'')
which simply means "God living among us"

The same angel, that brought the message to Mary, told her and us,
that the child will be called the Son of God, to convey the understanding
that the child, is God, appeared on earth without the intervention of a human father.
No earthly father was involved with the birth of Jesus.

Mary provided X chromosome, no earthly father provided Y chromosome
and since no human father took part in the conception,
then the child who is God, rightly is called, the Son of God

solite3:
are you switching base to God incarnate?
"''became flesh'' is what incarnate is about"
- MuttleyLaff: 1:56am On Jan 11, 2016

"With the exception of God, spirits, whether good or evil ones
(e.g. demons, satan angels, other celestial being),
cannot or do not become flesh (i.e. incarnation)"

No I am not switching base to God incarnate
solite3, them two above shows, it's not recently I've been talking about the God incarnate

solite3:
Mary is not mother of God fact.
By simple equation, Mary is the mother of God

solite3:
God incarnate never existed before Mary? wow
God who is a spirit, existed before Mary
God, however, embodied as a human being
or represented in human form (i.e. incarnated) existed after being conceived in Mary and birthed by her

solite3:
Mary worshipping taken to another level
No, not Mary worshipping,
but rather giving credit where credit is due

solite3:
hear what John said about God incarnate

John 1:27
He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

John 1:30
This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

and look at what Jesus said,
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
And so?
What's so hard to understand from the verses

solite3:
you have not been following my posts,
I never argued that Mary is not the mother of God but on what level.
Is it as God or as a man
On a biological level
By a technicality, Mary is the mother of God because God became man

solite3:
you carefully avoided my question now answer mine
is David the father of God?
Nope, David isnt the father of God
It wasnt David's chromosome that decided the gender of God, so therefore, David isnt the father of God

solite3:
it has nothing to do with me, but a deception aimed at giving Mary what is is not.
Just answer the question please
Would or does Mary getting called the mother of Christ seat well with you?

solite3:
rather you are to prove how Mary is the mother of God.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy

solite3:
not once was Mary called mother of God
nor was it taught that Mary gave birth to God.
prove it
Calling Mary mother of God, is nothing
It really isnt nothing more than a simple fact and truth.
Jesus hasnt got a problem with it
God hasnt got a problem with it
You can be a mother of God. You know that, dont you?
You do know that you can be a mother of God too?

solite3:
Rapture and Trinity are only mere names, the real deal is they are taught in the bible you can replace it with another word.
Mary mother of God is false teaching, the real deal is to prove it.

solite3:
same question

Matthew 22:42
Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

Matthew 22:43
He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

Matthew 22:45
If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Mark 12:35
And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

Mark 12:36
For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 12:37
David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Luke 20:41
And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?

Luke 20:42
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Luke 20:44
David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Acts 2:34
For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

solite3:
Jesus called himself the son of man and the son of God
do you know what Jesus meant by those two phrase?
Yes, I do
and I have previously touched on the meaning of the phrase

solite3:
are they the same?
No, they aren't the same.
God, as Jesus, is identifying Himself with us as being an offspring of a human being (i.e. Son of Man)
and, when God projected Himself into Mary's womb, that which was projected, effectively became the Son of God
This is just so marvellous

solite3:
if they are not, that means there is difference btw, the two natures.
Of course, there is the difference of the supernatural and natural

solite3:
plus state some differences between Jesus human nature and his divine nature?
Jesus, in the natural, wept and cried, was tired, thirsty and hungry

blueAgent:
I laugh at you.
I don't think there is anything too hard for me to comprehend in the Bible
its obvious you don't know what to say.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6248100_obasanjosayingntor_jpeg19035170b7f2fc4a2c166956c808e236
I know what to say
and its so simple to understand
Let me pop out, come back, for a second
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
Mary is a Mother of a God and she is a Goddess by her right, but who gives a fucck. There are billions if not trillions of Gods in the Universes of Created Realities.

Which means trillions of Mothers of Gods.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It hasnt

Are you pretending you dont know, that Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 said:
"The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel
(i.e. which means 'God is with us')."

Look up Isaiah 8:8 and Isaiah 8:10, blueAgent, to see who Immanuel is

Immanuel (i.e. "God is with you'') is simply saying "God living among us"
God, incarnated Himself in man, appearing as Jesus, to physically live amongst us
no doubt Mary gave birth to a son who was both man and God but she is not the mother of God.
A woman can only be the mother of what originates from her fact.
God didn't originate from Mary but only Christ humanity originates from mary.
so how is Mary the mother of God?
still waiting for your proof

solite3, the child is God,
the angel that brought the message to Mary, told her and us, that the child will be called Immanuel (i.e. "God is with us'')
which simply means "God living among us"

The same angel, that brought the message to Mary, told her and us,
that the child will be called the Son of God, to convey the understanding
that the child, is God, appeared on earth without the intervention of a human father.
No earthly father was involved with the birth of Jesus.
is David not the father of Mary?

Mary provided X chromosome, no earthly father provided Y chromosome
and since no human father took part in the conception,
then the child who is God, rightly is called, the Son of God
how did you come about this your assumption?

"''became flesh'' is what incarnate is about"
the word became flesh did God change from being the uncreated, eternal, without having father or mother God?

"With the exception of God, spirits, whether good or evil ones
(e.g. demons, satan angels, other celestial being),
cannot or do not become flesh (i.e. incarnation)"
- MuttleyLaff: 1:56am On Jan 11, 2016[/qoute] did God stop being who he is when he incarnated?

[quote]No I am not switching base to God incarnate
solite3, them two above shows, it's not recently I've been talking about the God incarnate

By simple equation, Mary is the mother of God

God who is a spirit, existed before Mary
God, however, embodied as a human being
or represented in human form (i.e. incarnated) existed after being conceived in Mary and birthed by her
did God stop being a spirit?

how can Mary be a mother of what didn't originate from her?
did the apostles teach this?

No, not Mary worshipping,
but rather giving credit where credit is due
for what? Mary giving birth to Christ wad just a favor from God. hope your know what favor is? she was not qualified, not because she was holy or righteous.

And so?
What's so hard to understand from the verses
so you are willing to ignore all the scriptural proof? not surprised.

On a biological level
By a technicality, Mary is the mother of God because God became man[quote] is God a biological being?

[quote]Nope, David isnt the father of God
It wasnt David's chromosome that decided the gender of God, so therefore, David isnt the father of God
and if we trace that chromosome down are you sure it is not the chromosome of david.
Jesus referred to himself as the offspring of david. remember.
even the apostle Paul called Jesus son of david.

Just answer the question please
Would or does Mary getting called the mother of Christ seat well with you?

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Calling Mary mother of God, is nothing
It really isnt nothing more than a simple fact and truth.
Jesus hasnt got a problem with it
God hasnt got a problem with it
You can be a mother of God. You know that, dont you?
You do know that you can be a mother of God too?

no body can be mother of father of God unless it is not literally.

calling Mary mother of God means nothing because she is not the mother of God just an invented name to what the Bible does not teach.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by UbiPetrus: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2018
blueAgent:

It is a big lie for you and your Church to call Mary mother of God.
hahahahahahaha... grin grin grin
I feel your pain.
Don't worry, I'll pray the Rosary for you, tonight.
The Blessed Virgin Mary is and forever remains the mother of God.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
UbiPetrus:
hahahahahahaha... grin grin grin
I feel your pain.
Don't worry, I'll pray the Rosary for you, tonight.
The Blessed Virgin Mary is and forever remains the mother of God.

God forbid don't pray for me you need it most, keep fooling yourself.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by johnw47: 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2018
God has no beginning - no mother
the Word became man
mary is the mother of God "in the flesh" - big diffrence

she of course was not the mother of God before he became flesh

Psa 90:2  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Luk 1:35  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / ( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.