Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God (3483 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / Please Where Did The Bible Say That Mary Magdalene Was A Prostitute? / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
There is a logical fallacy in the argument that Mary is the mother of God
by Matt Slick

The Roman Catholic Church often calls Mary the "mother of God." They say...

"Since Mary is Jesus' mother, it must be concluded that she is also the Mother of God: If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if Jesus is God, then Mary is the Mother of God. There is no way out of this logical syllogism, the valid form of which has been recognized by classical logicians since before the time of Christ."1

There is a sense in which the syllogism is true, but also another in which it is not. Let's take a look.

https://carm.org/mary-mother-of-god-logical-fallacy
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
by Matt Slick

"Since Mary is Jesus' mother, it must be concluded that she is also the Mother of God: If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if Jesus is God, then Mary is the Mother of God. There is no way out of this logical syllogism, the valid form of which has been recognized by classical logicians since before the time of Christ."1

There is a sense in which the syllogism is true, but also another in which it is not. Let's take a look.

Most people yet not grab the concept of scripture's picture about Jesus Christ that's why there are different view about Him.

The truth that was hidden in the scripture is:
Though Jesus was God prior to His earthly life yet He didn't come to earth as God even though divinity was hidden in His humanity.

So inability to distinguish where the scripture is referring to His heavenly life and earthly life is the source of all confusion.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by AryEmber(f): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
Really? Let's see, to the christians; Jesus is God, Mary is the mother of Jesus, Mary is the mother of God. I think the argument is valid, though not true.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Dnaz(m): 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Mary is the Mother of God. QED
Jesus is Fully Man and Fully God
Even while on earth, he didn't stop being God

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

by Matt Slick

Logical Fallacy

A syllogism is a set of premises with a conclusion. Here is their syllogism about Mary....

1. Mary is the mother of Jesus.
2. Jesus is God.
3. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God.

Within this syllogism is the fallacy of equivocation. This fallacy occurs when a word or words change meaning in the usage of an argument.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by tartar9(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lol
I never knew xtians knew what logical fallacy is.
The real nonsense you should be looking at is the Trinity.An absolute gibberish which you guys also inherited from the Catholics.

6 Likes

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Lukuluku69(m): 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
tartar9:
Lol
I never knew xtians knew what logical fallacy is.
The real nonsense you should be looking at is the Trinity.An absolute gibberish which you guys also inherited from the Catholics.

Shukran!
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by LordReed2nd(m): 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Logical Fallacy

A syllogism is a set of premises with a conclusion. Here is their syllogism about Mary....

2. Jesus is God.

Within this syllogism is the fallacy of equivocation. This fallacy occurs when a word or words change meaning in the usage of an argument.

Where in the syllogism is the equivocation?

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by PastorAIO: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
How about 'It is a Mystery'?

'You need the Holy Spirit to understand it. '

OLAADEGBU:

Logical Fallacy

2. Jesus is God.

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 10:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
Emusan:

Most people yet not grab the concept of scripture's picture about Jesus Christ that's why there are different view about Him.

Though Jesus was God prior to His earthly life yet He didn't come to earth as God even though divinity was hidden in His humanity.

So inability to distinguish where the scripture is referring to His heavenly life and earthly life is the source of all confusion.

◄ Matthew 27:46

"Then about that time Jesus shouted, "Eli, Eli,
lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God,
my God, why have you deserted me?"

The deity of Olaadegbu & Emusan called himself "My God,my God" & shouted to himself in sifia pains after he deserted himself and died like a criminal.

Una get 'sense' well well....

Why shade Catholics for their upgrade of the FRAUD you adopted from them?

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
by Matt Slick

"There is a sense in which the syllogism is true, but also another in which it is not."

The Lion can not birth a Goat.
Likewise, Truth can not breed Lie..

Matt Slick's carm website is a byword for intellectual dishonesty..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Jan 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Logical Fallacy

2. Jesus is God.

1.1. Response: This is definitely true as is verified in Scripture. The term "mother" must refer to the biological sense of Jesus because Mary did not precede the Word that became flesh (John 1:1, 14), nor is she the author of his divine essence.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 8:31am On Jan 31, 2020
Janosky:
The deity of Olaadegbu & Emusan called himself "My God,my God" & shouted to himself in sifia pains after he deserted himself and died like a criminal.

If at this level you can still be repeating the @underlined then it shows all your years spent on NL are wasted and evidence that you have serious problem of comprehension.

Una get 'sense' well well....

And you lack it well well....

Why shade Catholics for their upgrade of the FRAUD you adopted from them?

Why shading Catholic after you adopted the name Jehovah from them

Hypocrite!!!
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2020
Janosky:
"There is a sense in which the syllogism is true, but also another in which it is not."

The Lion can not birth a Goat.
Likewise, Truth can not breed Lie..

Matt Slick's carm website is a byword for intellectual dishonesty..

Now listen to yourself....

Mary is a human.....
Can human give birth to God?

Jehovah is God.....
Can Jehovah father a human

Then you'll realize how faulty your premises are about who Jesus is and the reason you must accept the Dual nature of Jesus Christ.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 9:46am On Jan 31, 2020
Emusan:

Now listen to yourself....

Mary is a human.....
Can human give birth to God?

Jehovah is God.....
Can Jehovah father a human

Then you'll realize how faulty your premises are about who Jesus is and the reason you must accept the Dual nature of Jesus Christ.
Emusan wetin do your brain?
You say "Dual nature of Jesus Christ"= God/Man.
Mary is the mother of God/man.
Apostle of Jesus is Jehovah, that's your mumu in full throttle.
It's hypocrisy for you to shade Catholics who claimed Mary is Mother of God. The Trinity scam laid the foundation for their claim.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 9:53am On Jan 31, 2020
Emusan:

@1)
If at this level you can still be repeating the @underlined then it shows all your years spent on NL are wasted and evidence that you have serious problem of comprehension.

And you lack it well well....

@2)

Why shading Catholic after you adopted the name Jehovah from them

Hypocrite!!!

@1)

Matthew 27:46

"Then about that time Jesus shouted, "Eli,
Eli,

Emusan , the apostle of Jesus is Jehovah,
Jesus shouted to who ?
Your mumu done do....

@2).
LIAR....
JWs did NOT do that... stop that your fictional theory.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by sonmvayina(m): 11:00am On Jan 31, 2020
My mother is the mother of God too... Because I am God enclosed in flesh just having a human experience... After this life I go back to being God...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by LordReed2nd(m): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

1.1. Response: This is definitely true as is verified in Scripture. The term "mother" must refer to the biological sense of Jesus because Mary did not precede the Word that became flesh (John 1:1, 14), nor is she the author of his divine essence.

In the theology was Jesus god while on earth? Was he god the day he was born?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
Janosky:
@1)

Matthew 27:46

"Then about that time Jesus shouted, "Eli,
Eli,

the apostle of Jesus is Jehovah,
Jesus shouted to who ?
Your mumu done do....

What is the jargon you're saying here?

@2).
LIAR....
JWs did NOT do that... stop that your fictional theory.

So you agree with Catholic....
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 1:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
Janosky:

Emusan wetin do your brain?
You say "Dual nature of Jesus Christ"= God/Man.
Mary is the mother of God/man.

Olodo....

Mary gave birth to the human nature not the divine.

According to your theory....

Lion can't birth a goat...
Mary can't birth God nor God father human.

What Mary birth is human and what God father is God....

Do you understand? I know it will still hard for you to understand.

Apostle of Jesus is Jehovah, that's your mumu in full throttle.
It's hypocrisy for you to shade Catholics who claimed Mary is Mother of God. The Trinity scam laid the foundation for their claim.

It's hypocrisy for you to claim catholics aren't Christian when is the one who coined the word Jehovah.

Hypocrite!!!
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by orisa37: 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Logical Fallacy

2. Jesus is God.

We are talking about Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. They're all of God and God (GODCRACY). And God gives whatever are His to humans in varying proportions
So those who have full Knowledge of Jesus being Son of Man, CHRIST being Son of God and Jesus Christ The Righteous being The Omni potent, Omni Science and Omni Everything being Good Himself cannot afford to wait to explain all these to those who don't know.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

Olodo....

Mary gave birth to the human nature not the divine.

According to your theory....

Lion can't birth a goat...
Mary can't birth God nor God father human.

What Mary birth is human and what God father is God....

Do you understand? I know it will still hard for you to understand.

No dey insult yourself.
John10:34
" Jesus answered them,
“Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID,
YOU ARE GODS’? 35 “If he called them gods,
to whom the word of God came (and the
Scripture cannot be broken), "
*** Jesus says man is of divine nature...,a god/God or godlike.
John10:36
"do you say
of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent
into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’
because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?"
vs36, Jesus says himself is of divine nature.... =a god/God.
John 17:3, Emusan Come here & explain..
Is Jesus himself the true God?
What the true God fathers' is a god/God. = Ye are gods/Gods. Psalms 82:1.John10:34-36.

John 17:3 Jesus Christ proves Emusan wrong.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

It's hypocrisy for you to claim catholics aren't Christian when is the one who coined the word Jehovah.

Hypocrite!!!

Why is Emusan LYING?
Why are you posting this FICTION?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Mary is not the Mother of God. Because mary carry Jesus in her womb does not mean she is mother of God. However mary was the mother of Jesus just as David was the forefather of Jesus. The humanity of Jesus can be traced through mary to David but not his divinity, The Son of God has existed even before all creation as stated by colosians 1v15

1 Like

Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
Janosky:

Why is Janosky LYING? Why are you posting this FICTION?
Are Catholics Christian according to Jws
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

Are Catholics Christian according to Jws
Emusan are Catholics Christian?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

by Emusan ( m ): 3:14pm
Janosky :
Why is Janosky LYING? Why are you
posting this FICTION?
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland
Crooked man.
It's VERY DISHONEST of Emusan to superimpose your FRAUD on my post or any post of other monikers. The practice is PROHIBITED on this forum.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
Janosky:

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland
Crooked man.
It's VERY DISHONEST of Janosky to superimpose your FRAUD on my post or any post of other monikers. The practice is PROHIBITED on this forum.

What is this one saying
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Emusan(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Janosky:
Janosky are Catholics Christian?
That was my question to you?
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Janosky: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

What is this one saying
You're a CROOKED man., Emusan.
* @Evidence 1
Emusan :
by Emusan ( m ): 3:14pm
Janosky :
Why is Janosky LYING? Why are you
posting this FICTION?
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
* @ Evidence 2.
by Emusan ( m ): 4:12pm
Janosky :
Janosky are Catholics Christian?
That was my question to you?

Don't superimpose ANYTHING on my post, even if you disagree with me.
I won't respond to your question until you desist from your DUBIOUS habit.
Shikena !
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
Emusan:

Explain the bolded . Expecially the underlined, and let's see if Mary isn't the Mother of God. By your logic.
Re: There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God by Peacefullove: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

grin grin sometimes I just can't help but laugh.

Concerning the biological sense.
Do u read that " God was manifested IN FLESH " ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Christians Eat Sallah Meat? / A Brother From Saudi-arabia. Journey To CHRIST / What Does It Mean To Raise The Dead In Your Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.