Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) (65894 Views)

Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly / APC Loses Majority In National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by senatordave1(m): 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
I said it severally that apc are still majority in the senate.pdp joy would be shortlived.some would not get pdp ticket and will return.most of those senators have been pushed out by governors so they needed to leave.when pdp have up to 18 governors,i will be worried.up apc
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by shoboy9: 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
52 out of 109 is majority? APC and lies sha! Abeg if they say it is morning...
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Witnes: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
countryfive:
We can see the pain clearly written all over their faces 2019 elections will be different from 2015

2015 was se and ss against the rest of the country
But 2019 will be se + ss + middle belt + ne and about 40% of Christians and south easterners
(Developers) living in the southwest

Its won't be Christian vs Muslim
But Muslim vs Muslim , northerner vs northerner
That's why I pity people who brag and say buhari
And tinubu alone will crush PDP

Buhari has lost Benue , taraba, jos , kwara and even southern Kaduna, Adamawa and sotoko
Will vote for atiku because he is their person
Dino will definitely deliver most part of kogi
With over 90% votes from IMO, anambra, ebonyi,
Enugu, abia, calabar, delta, bayelsa , akwaibom ,
Rivers state ,
Beer parlour analysis, who's Atiku in d north to compete with buhari? Most of these defected senators won elected in 2015 because of buhari influence and bet me most of them are loosing 2019 election in their various constituency for their foolishness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by gwmlogistic: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
countryfive:
We can see the pain clearly written all over their faces 2019 elections will be different from 2015

But 2019 will be se + ss + middle belt + ne and about 40% of Christians and south easterners

Buhari has lost Benue , taraba, jos , kwara and even southern Kaduna, Adamawa and sotoko
Rivers state ,
You must think very highly of dino. One thing I will tell you is that governors are in control of the party structure. I will not take them serious if they don't start bringing in the governors(that can deliver thier states) tambuwal not included, we remember how he rode on change matra to power.

4 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by ORIENTATION101: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
kimbraa:
Are you lecturing me on bicameralism? cheesy grin You must assume I'm as daft as your girlfriend that knows nothing on the basic forms of government. Gerrarahia mehn!
my girlfriend can never be dumb to call saraki speaker of the house..

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by gentlegenius(m): 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
allanphash7:
Buhari no good, buhari this, buhari that

Who is better than him to be voted for come 2019?

Just don't know yet
Same question I asked in 2015.
We're tired of Jonathan, he's not good, he's too dull, we want a change...
But the question was: Who is the better alternative to move this country forward? Buhari wasn't the answer, yet he was voted in just because Nigerians were too desperate to change Jonathan.

So is the case right now...
Nigerians are tired of buhari.
Though there may be no better candidate to replace him, but someone must be voted in for buhari to leave office the same way Jonathan left in 2015. It must happen like this so that our leaders will know that power belongs to the people. I can assure you that whoever replaces buhari will sit up and deliver because he will learn from what happened to his predecessors.
If we want to wait until we see an angel before we vote out our non performing leaders, then we might wait till eternity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
kimbraa:
And he's the speaker of the house? You should be more worried my dear! grin
No wonder they referred to una as lazy youths. When did Saraki become the speaker of the house?

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by edupedia: 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
Continue to deceive yourself.
APC is a sinking ship
What you don't know is that those planing the APC coup are strategists carefully masterminding the sinking of the APC ship.
Did You expected a Mass defection? That's not ideal.
Its going to be in batches.
There are still Saraki and his loyalists in APC who are still there on startegic purpose.
Politics is not a game for novice.
Saraki who has proven not to be a novice in the gameis still in control and strategically monitoring affairs right inside APC ship.

I pity Buhari and his mumu supporters on Nairaland and other social media.
Una go know how far when Tinubu too go jump ship.

By the way, I made FTC. What is my price?
Seun, quick come o. Today is Defection day, you better come and settle me before I decamp to another Forum.

It's u who have arrived at the Cape of Bad Hope.... Sorry for you...
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Basalt(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
countryfive:

Rivers state ,

Ever heard of rigging?

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2018
shoboy9:
52 out of 109 is majority? APC and lies sha! Abeg if they say it is morning...
Read to understand, don't be in hurry to expose your ignorance. There are other political parties who have Senators in the National assembly aside APC and PDP. APga has Senators and likewise all those that defeated from APC today are not all in PDP.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by countryfive: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
21savages:
Continue deceiving urslf

Don't be afraid to admit its truth
Deep down u know it is true
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
my girlfriend can never be dumb to call saraki speaker of the house..
Literally, he is, but you're just used to hearing senate president or leader of the house. Anyway, I'm laughing hard here while you're busy lecturing me on bicameralism in presidential form of government. Who do you think you're chatting with? cheesy

Back to the topic, I can sense that PDP's victory today is frustrating you so your reasons for picking faults.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by joelison(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
allanphash7:

Just don't know yet

U don't know becos u have a cow brain
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
kimbraa:
Are you lecturing me on bicameralism? cheesy grin You must assume I'm as daft as your girlfriend that knows nothing on the basic forms of government. Gerrarahia mehn!
If you know basic form of government , you wouldn't be referring to someone in the Red chamber as speaker of the house.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by barristerzinny(f): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
APC is a sinking ship
What you don't know is that those planing the APC coup are strategists carefully masterminding the sinking of the APC ship.
There are still Saraki and his loyalists in APC who are still there on startegic purpose.
Saraki who has proven not to be a novice in the gameis still in control and strategically monitoring affairs right inside APC ship.

Seun, quick come o. Today is Defection day, you better come and settle me before I decamp to another Forum.
Soji akanbi defected too.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Afamed:

If you know basic form of government , you wouldn't be referring to someone in the Red chamber as speaker of the house.
Alright, let me not give you something to be happy about. It's leader of the house or senate president. Are you okay now? grin
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Chiedu4Trump: 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nationalman:
just like your household shall fall
Na so ur village go fall put
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
kimbraa:
Alright, let me not give you something to be happy about. It's leader of the house or senate president. Are you okay now? grin
Don't try to be clever by half. Even the Democratic system in US that we borrowed ours from never reffered to the Senate member as speaker of the house. Stop misleading those who might not know here. Nothing like leader of the house as the senate President. Paul Ryan is referred to as Speaker of the house of Representatives in US.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by NairaMaster1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
life2017:

He listed their names.
Are u so much against fact and figures?
What a sentimental human being with no love for fact?

OK simple arithmetic:

No. Of senators = 109
No. APC senat. = 52 (source: Ahmed Lawan et al)

109 - 52 =?

PDP is a nightmare already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
NairaMaster1:

OK simple arithmetic:

No. Of senators = 109

109 - 52 =?

Ignorant, APga has 2 senators in the upper chamber. And presently there are 2 vacant seats , one in Katsina and another in Sokoto who were APC members before their death. And do you still count those who defeated to other parties apart from PDP today as member of PDP?

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by JamesIkosong(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
If you have written a book, don't just rush to publish it. Get an editor.

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by osazsky(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
sykeng:
APC Is PDP vis-à-vis, they defected because of their personal interest/gains, not because of the poor masses interest, those reverencing these looters (I mean all Nigeria politicians are looters) I shame for you all. If them like let them roast buhari's balls and feed it to the dogs or throw saraki in the lions den, non is my fucking biz. we have been experiencing many ills in this country, like extortion from SARS, manhandling of civilians by soldiers, extortion of all kinds from our Government but d top politicians would keep mute as if its happening to a non living thing, they even prefer to keep their dogs alive than to see us live, while a minute fracas between them we go carry for head like GALA
anything that will remove d dullard will be highly appreciated, saraki make history, do this for us,we love u saraki
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by dyydxx: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
NairaMaster1:

OK simple arithmetic:

No. Of senators = 109

109 - 52 =?

APC-52 according to Lawan
PDP-50
ADC-3
APGA-2
EMPTY-2

The opposition is more than the so called majority so what are we talking? Lawan is just ignorant
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Azam101: 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
APC is a sinking ship

Pity ur self with the free data that mtn gave u !
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Azam101: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
life2017:

He listed their names.
Are u so much against fact and figures?
What a sentimental human being with no love for fact?
Sentiment is a genetic problem in their families!
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Azam101: 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
countryfive:

Rivers state ,
Lolz! beer parlour analysis
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
dyydxx:

APC-52 according to Lawan
PDP-50
ADC-3
APGA-2
EMPTY-2
The opposition is more than the so called majority so what are we talking? Lawan is just ignorant
Do you now count APga, ADP and empty seats as a political party under PDP?
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by ORIENTATION101: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
kimbraa:
Literally, he is, but you're just used to hearing senate president or leader of the house. Anyway, I'm laughing hard here while you're busy lecturing me on bicameralism in presidential form of government. Who do you think you're chatting with? cheesy

Back to the topic, I can sense that PDP's victory today is frustrating you so your reasons for picking faults.
there is no victory for pdp anywhere apc remains the majority.
It seems you dont want to hear word come let me lick your ear for you

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by dyydxx: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
Afamed:

Do you now count APga, ADP and empty seats as a political party under PDP?

I said opposition(PDP,ADC,APGA) are more than the APC....so what majority are they talking about?
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by perfectedmee: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
allanphash7:

Just don't know yet

Even my Dog will do better.

At least he follows rules Nd regulations in the house

Unlike idiot buhari who chooses which court order to obey Nd which one not to.

Even though he swore an oat to uphold the law.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Afamed: 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
dyydxx:

I said opposition(PDP,ADC,APGA) are more than the APC....so what majority are they talking about?
You should ask yourself, those oppositions, are they under one political party? If No, APC remains the majority in the senate. Or you simply don't know the definition of majority?

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Algaddaf: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
ASK PDP

If PDP come to look for vote from you in 2019, please ask why they couldn't complete Lagos - Ibadan expressway (a road that is less than 150 kilometers) after 16years in power and so much earning from crude oil sales.

In 2019 ask PDP why none of our refineries were producing when they left power after 16 years, they neither built new ones nor fixed the existing ones, which is the reason why we still import fuel.

Please ask PDP why the East - West road was not completed after 16 years in power, meanwhile they always budget for that road.

Ask PDP why Enugu - Onitsha road was not completed for 16 years yet they always budget and embezzle the money.

Ask PDP why Enugu - Porthacourt road was not completed after 16 years yet they budgeted and embezzled the money.

Ask PDP why Ilorin - Mokwa road was not rehabilitated after 16 years.

Ask PDP why Sokoto - Kontagora road was never rehabilitated after 16 years.

Ask PDP why Kano to Maiduguri road was not rehabilitated after they spent 16years in power.

Ask PDP why Jos to Yola road was not rehabilitated after 16 years.

Ask PDP why one of their thieftains got 16 billion dollars to fix electricity but he embezzled it.

Ask PDP why the couldn't complete Mambilla hydro power project after 16 years.

Ask PDP why they allowed all our textile industries to die, up until 2003 some were still working.

Ask PDP why our foreign reserve became 29.8 billion dollars when they handed over on May 29, 2015, yet the earned about 140dollars per barrel of crude. With less than 45 dollars per barrel of crude Buhari has increased it to over 47 billion dollars.

Ask PDP why they could not defeat terrorism since 2009.

Ask PDP why Makurdi to Enugu road was not repaired after 16 years in power.

Ask PDP why they could not diversify our economy after 16 years of oil boom.

Ask PDP why they could not carry out the clean up of Ogoni land.

Ask PDP why they couldn't provide modular refineries to end oil bunkering.

Ask PDP why they couldn't solve the problem of epileptic power supply in 16 years.

Ask PDP why they embezzled all our money when we had so much, when crude oil sold for 140 dollars per barrel. PDP was supposed to save but they squandered everything and even stole all the savings we had, especially GEJ's Government.

In the days of PDP the CBN was their ATM machine.

In the days of PDP, their constitution was higher than the Nigerian constitution, impunity was the order of the day.

PDP elevated political desperation to the political space.

Nigerians we can never go back to PDP, it will amount to rewarding evil.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If They Disturb Me In Daura, I Will Leave For Niger Republic – Buhari / Obahiagbon To Patience - "Wole Is Far From The Problem, Your English Is" / Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.