Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia (47768 Views)

How To Know When Car Tyres Need Replacing / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Are Expired / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Have Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by frowland(m): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2018
looks fake.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2018
The Department of Transport and Main Roads in Queensland blamed the situation on the recent variable weather conditions.
They said : no no no we will not take it. This unacceptable. Don't they have opposition parties there. Why blaming the innocent weather. Guess they don't have Mr Lie Momaliedaily.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 25, 2018
Dottore:
If this had happened in Nigeria:
people would have blamed the contractor that did the road or

blamed someone for importing substandard Tyres from China or

blaming SON for allowing the fake products to infiltrate the market.

While some will be somewhere blaming village people for WITCHCRAFT. while

Nairaland Scientist wannabes and "I too knows" would divide themselves into subgroups:
Some would concoct some fake scientific principle and blame the reams of the truck or an innocent vulcunizer

Some would blame 'Kazeem' for not balancing and aligning the wheels.

Another Nairaland faction would say the Tyre specs are not suitable for the truck.

Some would say it's because it's Belgium Tyres.

Some would say the owner of the truck doesn't maintain the trucks by not replacing the Tyres when due.
Naija I hail thee.
The dumbest ones would have mentioned Buhari as the reason.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by santricedupas(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2018
they should fix that road with concrete interlocks
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Dupalmer: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2018
oyetpel:

Shut up we all know how naija contractors are.

They are corrupt and use sub-standard products.

Weather condition caused that, shey na weather condition dey spoil our own OR contractor condition.
Do you have to insult before you air your opinion abi na u wise pass everybody?
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2018
post=69680789:
True definition of TOTAL MELTDOWN!

This post below us is touching and so true!
finally your eyes are open. I keep wondering how on earth you can support atiku or any other useless old man...
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Cheapy: 10:09am On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Majority of Nigerian youths brain has also melted. Keep supporting APC and PDP in this defection saga as if they give a damn about you and your hopeless families. Only demented youths will keep supporting their oppressors. Dino Melaye keeps displaying uncountable luxury Cars that can feed a whole local government while you hop on keke napep & okada. They are all friends behind the scenes and won't hesitate to attend each others children weddings irrespective of party differences. Saraki, Buhari and other thieves in NASS and their children can never be broke nor suffer poverty again in life due to the massive looting of our common wealth . Can that be said about you supporting them with hungry belly and empty pockets? Instead of taking our country back from this irresponsible charlatans, Nigerian youths have turned their future to another Messi/Ronaldo argument calling Saraki Goat. At the end of the day, you end up in churches and mosques fasting and praying for miracles and escape route from sufferings inflicted upon you by bad leadership. I just SMH.

Please, I need to get in contact with you.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Majority of Nigerian youths brain has also melted. Keep supporting APC and PDP in this defection saga as if they give a damn about you and your hopeless families. Only demented youths will keep supporting their oppressors. Dino Melaye keeps displaying uncountable luxury Cars that can feed a whole local government while you hop on keke napep & okada. They are all friends behind the scenes and won't hesitate to attend each others children weddings irrespective of party differences. Saraki, Buhari and other thieves in NASS and their children can never be broke nor suffer poverty again in life due to the massive looting of our common wealth . Can that be said about you supporting them with hungry belly and empty pockets? Instead of taking our country back from this irresponsible charlatans, Nigerian youths have turned their future to another Messi/Ronaldo argument calling Saraki Goat. At the end of the day, you end up in churches and mosques fasting and praying for miracles and escape route from sufferings inflicted upon you by bad leadership. I just SMH.
this is the most important political message we can preach to the youths now. how anyone can support these thieves still shocks me...they are victims only when the tide isn't in their favour. their first priority is to be elected, 2nd is to be re-elected and third is to fix their person after they have left...

2 Likes

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Ever8054: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
thank you...they will never understand. I tell people that the problem of this country is the masses especially the youth not the leaders...the leaders are making good use of the opportunity presented to them by the people who are to ignorant and uncivilized to acknowledge the source of there problem... I really like this ya comment and would like to share it on different social media outlets thank you....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2018
bukynkwuenu:

tribal bigot.... I went through ur post n noticed u are nothing but a tribal bigot from a hut in the heart of brown Republic of Ibadan.....
u claim not to support any party but u support buhari who has no respect for the law...keep disgracing your generation...... igbos will keep succeeding everywhere in the world n keep being a torn in the flesh of both Fulani Hausa n Yoruba.....

NB: i will love to buy your family land, how much will you sell

He has passed a very good message, but your akpu demolished brain can't seem to assimilate anything rather than spew trash and attack the message.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2018
Cheapy:

Please, I need to get in contact with you.

gaariatiepa@gmail.com.

Let me know when you msg me
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by newjosboy: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2018
Automotive1:

A road in Australia was temporarily closed after heat from the Sun caused the surface of the recently tarred road to melt, coating and destroying the tyres of about 50 drivers.

The Malanda Millaa Millaa Road in North Queensland was resurfaced recently but strong rain and unusually hot weather caused the bitumen to become loose and cracked.

Tyres were stucked in the black, sticky bitumen as some even detached after temperatures rose to about 24.7C (76.4F) on the back of a period of wet weather. A truck even had all of its 34 tyres damaged .

A driver said :

The Department of Transport and Main Roads in Queensland blamed the situation on the recent variable weather conditions.

They said :

The Department of Transport and Main Roads have promised to compensate drivers whose cars and wheels were damaged as soon as possible.

A similar incident happened in January when a road in the southeastern state of Victoria
began to melt after a heatwave with temperatures soaring to about 38C (100.4F).

In some parts of Nigeria, temperatures can go as high as 44 °C (111.2 °F) between March and April while in Jos plateau ,temperature ranges between 21 °C to 25 °C which are cool all year round.

https://autojosh.com/see-what-a-melting-road-did-to-car-tyres-after-an-heavy-rain-and-hot-weather-in-australia/

I dont get it. Please someone lecture me. They said the bitumen on the road started melting at 24.7°C, but here in Katsina, I drove when the temperature was 46°C and nothing happened. Is it that their road was poorly constructed or what?
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2018
Naughtytboy:
wow so tru can i copy this pls

Sure bro. I just taya for my fellow countrymen

1 Like

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2018
hidee20:

Waoh!!!!......I would love to know you and have meaningful conversation with you.

gaariatiepa@gmail.com. mail me any day
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by FYTnRUN: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2018
How can 27'C melt your roads

400billionman:
angry There is no excuse for mediocrity. How can 27'C melt your roads when Africa experiences 40'C?
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Adesolomon2014(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2018
Just imagine!

'The Department of Transport and Main Roads have promised to compensate drivers whose cars and wheels were damaged as soon as possible.'

If it was in Nigeria, OYO is ur case.

2 Likes

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Jeromejnr(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:

Sure bro. I just taya for my fellow countrymen

You have said all i have been tryna say to some ppl around me.

Nigerians are ignorant and blind.

1 Like

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Kennitrust(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
have you make any attempt to bring the youth together for the awareness that you are rising here.
Where do we start from.
One super youth by name "Tuface" would have gear this this your ideology up but end up showing fear.
What are you doing to actualized your vision?
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2018
Kennitrust:
have you make any attempt to bring the youth together for the awareness that you are rising here.
Where do we start from.
One super youth by name "Tuface" would have gear this this your ideology up but end up showing fear.
What are you doing to actualized your vision?

The internet is a powerful tool and the first step is to make people realize that they are been used as political pawns by the ruling class. How do you bring ignorant people together for awareness? I have taken a step and i hope to see more positiveness from people with huge followership like that coward Tuface you mentioned.

1 Share

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Aldebaran(m): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2018
FYTnRUN:
Of all comments, somebody finally spots this. Without knowledge, Nigerians will continue to be gullible. How can they say degree of heat lower than the body temperature is what melt tarred road.

Good observation grin

But please don't talk like illiterate, Google is your FRIEND grin

Average body temperature ranges from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C)

In northern part of Nigeria , weather can get uncomfortably hot during the day, even 40 °C (104 °F)

https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/nigeria

Reason why the road melted has been explained by the OP

After the road was tarred, heavy rain and sun unsettled the still soft bitumen grin
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Aldebaran(m): 11:58am On Jul 25, 2018
newjosboy:

I dont get it. Please someone lecture me. They said the bitumen on the road started melting at 24.7°C, but here in Katsina, I drove when the temperature was 46°C and nothing happened. Is it that their road was poorly constructed or what?

Reason why the road melted has been explained by the OP

After the road was tarred, heavy rain and sun unsettled the still soft bitumen
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by msquarewld(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Don't just like and share the post. Start acting now!!!
Aren't we tired of being ewarriors!

1 Like

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Folksyharry(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by oyetpel(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
Dupalmer:

Do you have to insult before you air your opinion abi na u wise pass everybody?

Sorry
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Litmus: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
Dottore:
If this had happened in Nigeria:
people would have blamed the contractor that did the road or

blamed someone for importing substandard Tyres from China or

blaming SON for allowing the fake products to infiltrate the market.

While some will be somewhere blaming village people for WITCHCRAFT. while

Nairaland Scientist wannabes and "I too knows" would divide themselves into subgroups:
Some would concoct some fake scientific principle and blame the reams of the truck or an innocent vulcunizer

Some would blame 'Kazeem' for not balancing and aligning the wheels.

Another Nairaland faction would say the Tyre specs are not suitable for the truck.

Some would say it's because it's Belgium Tyres.

Some would say the owner of the truck doesn't maintain the trucks by not replacing the Tyres when due.
Naija I hail thee.

You forgot - "Shithole country" and, "why was I born in this Shithole ", - comments from those groups paid to work on Nigerians psychology so that they would have such self-loathing, existential strife may more easily occur or engineered to occur.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by DaFlash: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
true talk my brother, true talk.

1 Like

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Sardauna24(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:
Exactly.....

1 Like

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by ajl: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
That temperature value is not right. A temperature of 24.7 C (76.4 F) is just about room temperature. In Texas where few of the roads are bitumen/asphalt, summer temperature in day time is around 80 - above 100 F (26.67 - 37.78 C) When rain fall, nothing like that happen.

So, the temperature was likely higher than what is shown. Likely that the 24.7 C is air temperature while the road surface temperature would have been significantly higher than this because asphalt is darker and such does not reflect light but absorb it.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by ajl: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
FYTnRUN:
How can 27'C melt your roads

That value was likely air temperature when the incident happened, and the road surface temperature would have been much higher. Remember that asphalt is black coloured.
Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Nasir123(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ejimagift:

200% patriotic,and Godly.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia by Aldebaran(m): 5:34am On Jul 27, 2018
blowjohn:

Ofcos u r impressed cos as an African u are already used to a life of being 'compensated'.
We always like anything awoof. Even if u had the money to buy a hundred new tyres u will still wait for compensation.
Are you O.K?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars / Honda Babyboy: Simplicity In Perfection / Innoson Produces Bullet Proof Version Of Innoson SUV That Can Stop AK47 Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.