Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,979 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely (17724 Views)

512g STEAM DECK With 20+ AAA PC GAMES AVAILABLE 60,000 6 / How To Play Playstation 4 (PS4) Games On Android | 100% FREE | Play AAA Playstat / [b]10 PC AAA Title Games You Can Run On Your Low End Pc's.[/b] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by cao(f): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
derrydinny:
so you think you are now successful because you are a nairaland mod?

to all shouting, nigerians are not ready for video gamers, how many nigerians subscribe to gaming websites?, before telling the govt to copy other countries, research well on the citizens.. how many nigerians are well fed to the extent of subscribing for video games? we can't copy everything oyinbo people do abeg
**sighs** you're really a lost cause...
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nonnyflex:
Hmmm... One of your reasons is because Nigerian youths are lazy... But for you to have taken your time to type this jargon shows you are one of the laziest youth alive... Continue playing your Sega game

This one is still in sega era hmm... Case in point
On to the next
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by zzzzy: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Your article isn't specific to gaming, seems like a random stuff
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Rainmania:
You are clearly deluded. I bet you also expect the government to help you toast that babe down your street abi Government doesn't always have to do everything boy. Develop a gaming industry with your peers then the government will take you serious. Take cue from the Nigerian music industry.

And the first thing that came to your mind for illustration is babe. Smh
And you assume I'm a boy because I posted something about gaming... Typical local ill-informed Nigerian. Cartoons and games are for kids. Ok
Next
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by HyDef(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
ITT: A slew of comments from self-righteous individuals who believe they are above video games, yet are the first to devolve into a shouting match over whether Messi is better than Ronaldo.

Life pro tip: Don't be a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
einsteine:
Ehm, no.

Nigeria does not need a triple A video game.

This is the same problem Nigeria had pre-independence. Our best brains studying useless courses like English literature and Classics while the best brains in Singapore and India were studying Engineering. Yeah, it would probably be good for the individual who wants to make video games to make video games as he would be more fulfilled and happier. However, what is good for the individual is not neccessarily good for the country.

Nigeria needs innovation in pharmacy, chemistry, engineering and agriculture.

It's ironic that your username is einsteine.

So game development is fishery abi? Ok

1 Like

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
derrydinny:
video game is what is important to you inspite of the challenges facing nigeria?

ogun kill the mod wey carry this thing come fp

What challenges? You know, I would really have preferred the post to be flooded by people who actually know what gaming is not cavemen like this who work 9-5, read every newspaper, come back home lie down with pot belly and watch African magic and think that is what life is all about. Skank
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by JastSiryin(m): 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
einsteine:
Ehm, no.

Nigeria does not need a triple A video game.

This is the same problem Nigeria had pre-independence. Our best brains studying useless courses like English literature and Classics while the best brains in Singapore and India were studying Engineering. Yeah, it would probably be good for the individual who wants to make video games to make video games as he would be more fulfilled and happier. However, what is good for the individual is not neccessarily good for the country.

Nigeria needs innovation in pharmacy, chemistry, engineering and agriculture.

Bro you really f'ed up calling courses like literature useless. Go and do your research on great minds of science, and you'd find out that majority have one or a host of literary works they credit for changing their lives. In, truth non is more important than the other. If only you knew the years of work not to mention the skills required to make a video game, you wouldn't have been so quick to shoot him down.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by einsteine(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

It's ironic that your username is einsteine.

So game development is fishery abi? Ok

You miss the point entirely.

Game development is entertainment.

Forget whether it is a board game (Settlers of Catan) or a video game (Mass Effect), it is entertainment. It isn't science even if science is used in the development.

You need to use technology to tackle real problems, not build something that would get people to waste man hours.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by einsteine(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
JastSiryin:
Bro you really f'ed up calling courses like literature useless. Go and do your research on great minds of science, and you'd find out that majority have one or a host of literary works they credit for changing their lives. In, truth non is more important than the other. If only you knew the years of work, not to mention the skills requires to make a video game, you wouldn't have been so quick to shoot him down.

As someone who has read hundreds of literary works and written some, I can tell you that literature is practically useless for the development of a nation. Compare the effect of Albert Einstein, Michael Faraday, James Clark Maxwell and Isaac Newton on the development of the world to that of Shakespeare, Dickens, Bach and Raphael.

Tell me the latter people I mentioned were as relevant to the state of development of the world as the former.

No, tell me with a straight face.

Lee Kuan Yew once said one of the greatest surprises he got when he came to Africa was that Kwame Nkrumah was proud of a 25 year old First Class honours holder in Classics who became Ghana's youngest Vice Chancellor. Lee Juan Yew wondered "Why does an agrarian country that needs development have it's best and brightest studying classics (Latin and Greek)? "

Art and Entertainment are luxuries.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

And the first thing that came to your mind for illustration is babe. Smh
And you assume I'm a boy because I posted something about gaming... Typical local ill-informed Nigerian. Cartoons and games are for kids. Ok
Next
Na...you see i didnt call you a boy because you posted something about gaming. But cause you sounded like one. I am a lover of video games , I watch cartoons even up till now. My favourite of all time being 'South Park'.
You need to grow up and truly follow your dreams and don't expect the government to come and wipe your ass for you when you shit.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
steevy:
Nice try. Your topic is actually useless to be honest. If you know what AAA games are you wouldn't use that in this. Just wasted few minutes of my life reading this.

That's right... Go watch football that will prolong your life
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
Rainmania:

Na...you see i didnt call you a boy because you posted something about gaming. But cause you sounded like one. I am a lover of video games , I watch cartoons even up till now. My favourite of all time being 'South Park'.
You need to grow up and truly follow your dreams and don't expect the government to come and wipe your ass for you when you shit.

You didn't read my post, did you? Does it sound like I'm waiting for government? Bros, don't take your limit to be mine. You have no idea what I'm capable of
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Thegamingorca(m): 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

What challenges? You know, I would really have preferred the post to be flooded by people who actually know what gaming is not cavemen like this who work 9-5, read every newspaper, come back home lie down with pot belly and watch African magic and think that is what life is all about. Skank

grin lmao
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Thegamingorca(m): 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

That's right... Go watch football that will prolong your life

Steevy is actually a gamer. But he's also an idiot to be frank grin
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
einsteine:

Forget whether it is a board game (Settlers of Catan) or a video game (Mass Effect), it is entertainment. It isn't science even if science is used in the development.

You need to use technology to tackle real problems, not build something that would get people to waste man hours.

Hehe... You just googled mass effect, didn't you?
Would it be rude to call you ignorant? No? Ok, you're terribly misinformed and unbelievably ignorant (no offence). Waste, you say. Hmm... Playing video game is entertainment (and people still millions from just playing it) Making them, is a whole different story. It's business, science, tech, engineering, mathematics, geography, geology, astronomy etc... Do your research before embarrassing yourself publicly
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Steevy is actually a gamer. But he's also an idiot to be frank grin

Lol... Make him stop to dey embarrass us
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
HajimeSaito:

It is. But at this stage in our development as a nation, I would rather have an Elon Musk or Bill Gates than have a video game designer. The world is rapidly advancing towards artificial intelligence and we are already too far behind.

I love games, but no matter how good a game is, at the end of the day its just entertainment. There are more important tech goals for us to achieve before we can consider the luxury of a gaming industry.

That's the problem my friend. We always claim there are better things to achieve but, what have we actually achieved while claiming so? You want us to sit on our asses and wait for Nigerian Elon Musk to surface before trying to expand our advancement?

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
wman:
AAA games are expensive and cost millions of dollars to make.

Even in America and Europe, most studios are indie studios.

Tell us the AAA games that Brazilians, Indians and other countries more developed than us have produced.

I have an enemy called "Average" and the feeling is mutual
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
derrydinny:
so you think you are now successful because you are a nairaland mod?

to all shouting, nigerians are not ready for video gamers, how many nigerians subscribe to gaming websites?, before telling the govt to copy other countries, research well on the citizens.. how many nigerians are well fed to the extent of subscribing for video games? we can't copy everything oyinbo people do abeg

Not copy dummy advance... Snap
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
cao:

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to reach out to people. I appreciate
Someday they'll get it.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by veesion: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
tgmservice:
Like if u feel the OP in on weed

After reading the title and opening the post.
Weed with beans water full i
m head
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by einsteine(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

Hehe... You just googled mass effect, didn't you?
Would it be rude to call you ignorant? No? Ok, you're terribly misinformed and unbelievably ignorant (no offence). Waste, you say. Hmm... Playing video game is entertainment (and people still millions from just playing it) Making them, is a whole different story. It's business, science, tech, engineering, mathematics, geography, geology, astronomy etc... Do your research before embarrassing yourself publicly

I am pretty sure you are an idiot.

Feel free to take offense.

Your inability to reason and understand logical arguments means you are forever doomed to resort to ad hominem attacks, something which you don't even have the ability to do.

As the unlettered slowpoke that you are, you think I have to google Mass Effect. What I have forgotten about game development is more than you will ever know about same.

I am sure stupidity is hard coded into your DNA otherwise you would have taken a bit much care in engaging with me. Considering that you chose to toe the line of insult, let me tell you that I can and I will, give you enough insult to make you shed tears out of your silly olfactory nerves.

One would expect someone who is attempting to make an argument not to be a slowpoke but not only are you a slowpoke, you lack manners and the necessary grace that would have appealed to helpers like me who would have helped upgrade you intellectually.

Tl/dr, you are an idiot who should shut up and allow his betters talk.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

You didn't read my post, did you? Does it sound like I'm waiting for government?

1. OUR GOVERNMENT IS FILLED WITH OUTDATED SELFISH AND WICKED BASTARDS

Sorry, if you and/or your parents are among them. The only time our government would make a decision that would benefit the country is if it benefits them more. What they regard sport is going to the house of assembly and fight each other like fools. I have never heard about anybody raising any issue about how young aspiring youths who want to develop their career on gaming side of technology should be encouraged by setting up a committee if necessary, to organize free conferences anchored by foreign gaming industry personnels to enlighten the youths. I mean would you put a price on creating a system that could boost your economy drastically in few years?
Its obviously a passion that is dear to your heart. Why not show your capability by organising a gaming or game developers conference/ convention/expo. Seek sponsorships from gaming vendors and big tech companies around Nigeria. Let them know it will be an avenue for them to sell their stocks, introduce their business and gain more awareness. Ever heard of Electronic Entertainment Expo, Comic Con, Game Developers Conference? If you can get up to 50,000- 80,000 attendees then perhaps the international gaming scene might start taking Nigeria serious as a gaming powerhouse.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
einsteine:

I am pretty sure you are an idiot.

Feel free to take offense.

Your inability to reason and understand logical arguments means you are forever doomed to resort to ad hominem attacks, something which you don't even have the ability to do.

As the unlettered slowpoke that you are, you think I have to google Mass Effect. What I have forgotten about game development is more than you will ever know about same.

I am sure stupidity is hard coded into your DNA otherwise you would have taken a bit much care in engaging with me. Considering that you chose to toe the line of insult, let me tell you that I can and I will, give you enough insult to make you shed tears out of your silly olfactory nerves.

One would expect someone who is attempting to make an argument not to be a slowpoke but not only are you a slowpoke, you lack manners and the necessary grace that would have appealed to helpers like me who would have helped upgrade you intellectually.

Tl/dr, you are an idiot who should shut up and allow his betters talk.

Try harder... Lummox
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Rainmania:

Its obviously a passion that is dear to your heart. Why not show your capability by organising a gaming or game developers conference/ convention/expo. Seek sponsorships from gaming vendors and big tech companies around Nigeria. Let them know it will be an avenue for them to sell their stocks, introduce their business and gain more awareness. Ever heard of Electronic Entertainment Expo, Comic Con, Game Developers Conference? If you can get up to 50,000- 80,000 attendees then perhaps the international gaming scene might start taking Nigeria serious as a gaming powerhouse.

Thanks... Will do. Working towards it
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by KazukiIto(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
rentAcock:
I'm more amazed that you took your time to write this rubbish. Video games are a form of entertainment and nothing more. So many grown men waste valuable time playing silly video games that doesn't enrich them in anyway. Why should Nigeria even have a video game title Aren't there more Nigerian youths already languishing away by gambling? Video games leads to lack of productivity and that's the last thing a society needs. Abeg there are already too many forms of media fighting for our eyeballs, we don't need more of them.

I can't believe my eyes. +50XP for that sheer display of ignorance. Rubbish!!
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by KazukiIto(m): 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

So game development is neither technology nor education? Okay
On to the next

Mr LucemFerre I don't know you, but I like your energy. I've started 3D modeling using blender3d, and by this time next year, I believe my skills should be decent enough. I have big interest in this area, and if you are game, then I think we should collaborate. Anyways, keep the fire burning....we need more of your type.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by KazukiIto(m): 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
HajimeSaito:

It is. But at this stage in our development as a nation, I would rather have an Elon Musk or Bill Gates than have a video game designer. The world is rapidly advancing towards artificial intelligence and we are already too far behind.

I love games, but no matter how good a game is, at the end of the day its just entertainment. There are more important tech goals for us to achieve before we can consider the luxury of a gaming industry.

+30XP.

And that's for the stupidity you just displayed. Do you understand how video games are made?
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by KazukiIto(m): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
einsteine:

Will you kip kwayet?!!!! Gawd...
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
KazukiIto:

Mr LucemFerre I don't know you, but I like your energy. I've started 3D modeling using blender3d, and by this time next year, I believe my skills should be decent enough. I have big interest in this area, and if you are game, then I think we should collaborate. Anyways, keep the fire burning....we need more of your type.

Keep it up buddy, I'm a 3D modeler and animator using Maya. And a 2D animator using Moho pro. Still working to be better too so I could compete with the world's standard not Nigeria's or Africa's standard. cool
Let's do this
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by KazukiIto(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

Keep it up buddy, I'm a 3D modeler and animator using Maya. And a 2D animator using Moho pro. Still working to be better too so I could compete with the world's standard not Nigeria's or Africa's standard. cool
Let's do this

Onward together

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Any Football Manager Fans? / Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. / How Much Is A Second Hand Xbox One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.