Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries (34299 Views)

Lagos Ferry To Start Operations In November - See What The Ferries Look Like / The Bariga Waterfront Jetty And Ferries That Ambode Commissioned (Photos) / Ferries That Will Be Used At The Bariga Waterfront Jetty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by yemmight(m): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
I don't know about who posted the prices of fares or who the person reprents. No where from Ikorodu pays 500 to VI or 500 from VI to Ikorodu. The least from Ikorodu is 700 and sometimes we pay as high as 1200-1500. That is the fact. For me, I am a steady payer.

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by VADABILLZ: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
U wan learn hustle? Hit me up!!!
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by Offpoint: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
clems88:
Mods you guys should do something about that useless anti spam bot on business section .I never posted anytin wrong . this is the second time . your stu.pid bot has made me not to reach out to the guy owing me cash for business that he didn't fulfil n my money has been hanging since Sunday. angry angry
Email the mod on that section or email the supermod they'll unban you.

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by peacengine(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I avoid water transportation anytime I'm in Nigeria at almost all cost

Truth is our maintenance culture is terrible so it feels safer for me to take public road transport rather than ferry. if a BRT bus us poorly maintained it'll break down on the road and offload its passengers into another BRT while ferry might sink!

Of course there are safety measurements in place but its only a matter of time before such measures are cut corners on one after the other and I'd rather be safe than sorry. better late than never for me

Bro, how many boat mishaps have u heard of in Lagos or even Nija, buh one jux happened I America killing a family of 9 relatives
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by Horus(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWnBK-8auVs

New LASG Ferries

The Lagos state Government is ready to take delivery of seven new ferries to boost its quest for a successful integrated transport system and create a thriving economy on the waterways.
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
lordtosan:
Na throw in's o. Over 20.5 throw in.
hmmmmm

send me 2 odd naah
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by Acidosis(m): 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
peacengine:

Bro, how many boat mishaps have u heard of in Lagos or even Nija, buh one jux happened I America killing a family of 9 relatives

http://www..com/talk/topic/295872.0.html

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/08/21/12-dead-scores-missing-as-boat-capsizes-in-lagos/amp/

http://www.informationng.com/2016/01/six-people-reported-dead-in-lagos-boat-mishap.html

https://m.guardian.ng/news/boat-mishap-lagos-operators-trade-blames-over-incident/

^^ This particular one here killed a friend of mine. We lived in the same hostel for around 3 years back in school. Guy graduated, served, came back to Lagos to hustle only to die a few years later due to a heap of sand in the middle of the waterway. Imagine dying because of an ongoing construction work without a "sign" from the construction company.

Waterway accidents rarely gain attention but these things are happening day in day out in Lagos.
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by peacengine(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
Acidosis:

http://www..com/talk/topic/295872.0.html

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/08/21/12-dead-scores-missing-as-boat-capsizes-in-lagos/amp/

http://www.informationng.com/2016/01/six-people-reported-dead-in-lagos-boat-mishap.html

https://m.guardian.ng/news/boat-mishap-lagos-operators-trade-blames-over-incident/

^^ This particular one here killed a friend of mine. We lived in the same hostel for around 3 years back in school. Guy graduated, served, came back to Lagos to hustle only to die a few years later due to a heap of sand in the middle of the waterway. Imagine dying because of an ongoing construction work without a "sign" from the construction company.

Waterway accidents rarely gain attention but these things are happening day in day out in Lagos.

Bro in US alone there are over 700 deaths every year and around 2500 injuries from boat mishaps, there's the stats. The way some peeps living abroad act condescending @ times is suspicious. Tha fellow sayin it's not safe here buh safe abroad jux nothing buh a proud modafuka

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240614/recreational-boating-accidents-in-the-us--number-of-deaths--injuries/

Sorry for ur loss. May the guy continue to rest on

2 Likes

Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by soundforce: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Felixalex:
Nice one..

Help us with how much it costs to commute around Sokoto using camels

Then how much it costs to commute around Edo using brooms grin grin cheesy cheesy
VELI VELI Stupid !
U no WELL!
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by ikorodureporta: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
I neva enta b4. If e tumble, hw persin go take pass dat window escape inside water, Hw d jacket go take epp??
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by Naijaphobia(m): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Kenturkey048:
yes..from that bridge separating Ijanikin from agbara..that custom check point..

thanks bro

but have you ever tried agbara to ikorodu at that point before ؟.

Please I needed to be sure so as not to get there and be stranded.
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by madgoat(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
Felixalex:
Nice one..

Help us with how much it costs to commute around Sokoto using camels

Then how much it costs to commute around Edo using brooms grin grin cheesy cheesy

For your mind now you feel say you be comedian but na your senselessness you just displayed
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by electricpole(m): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
missioner:
one day one I will sha know that place they're calling Lagos.

I'm enjoying my Abeokuta though!
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by purplekayc(m): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
hustla:
Any sensible government would have tapped into this thing but It's Nigeria

Imagine 100 big ferries on these waters, it'd generate some money while reducing traffic jam
its Nigeria nah. grin
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by lordtosan(m): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
chukwukahenry:

hmmmmm

send me 2 odd naah
Smiles. If you can pay, message me with the number below. I have 100% sure game. Match starts by 6pm.
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by Bullhari: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
In Lagos, plying on the Inland waterways are several commercial ferries and motorized high capacity boats. They are owned by private individuals, institutions and the Lagos state government.

They operate on the waterways in and around Lagos state. They are an alternative to traveling on the chaotic Lagos roads.

These ferry services are offered to transport commuters to a distant destination within minutes, as opposed to hours that it will normally take to travel to the same destination by roads.

A good number of Lagosians use them, especially those who reside in far-flung suburban axis but who work or trade in distant locations.

Autojosh.com was at some of the jetties built by NIWA (National Inland Waterways Authority), the Lagos state governments and some private individuals and institutions.

We got first hand information on how much it costs to patronize these commercial ferry services.

Our observation is that there are several, though slight, variations in the fares demanded for trips to some specific destinations. These variations are determined by the capacity of the engines of the ferries , the quality of the boats, etc.

However, we also observed something as it relates to the fares being charged by the ferry services operators: the amount currently being charged as fares by these commercial ferry operators would be significantly reduced if there were more ferries participating and competing with the few existing ones on the Lagos Inland waterways.

It goes without say, if this mode of mass transit is sincerely explored by the government, it would significantly decongest the roads and rid the state of the legendary road traffic gridlocks in Lagos.

Below are the average amount charged for ferry rides to different locations together with the average duration it takes to complete a trip.

Marina – Apapa

Duration = 7minutes

Fare = N150

Ikorodu – Victoria Island

Duration = 30minutes

Fare = N500.

Ikoyi (near federal secretariat) – Ikorodu

Duration =25 minutes

Fare = N500

Ikorodu – Marina

Duration = 25 minutes

Fare = N700

Ikorodu – Oyingbo

Time = 30 minutes

Fare = 500

Marina – Oyingbo

Time= 6 minutes

Fare = N 500

Marina – Ebute-Ero

Time = 3 Minutes

Fare = 350

Marina – Ikoyi (near federal secretariat)

Time= 20 minutes

Fare =500

Marina – Lekki

Time = 30 minutes

Fare = 700

Bayon- Marina

Time = 30 Minutes

Fare =100/200

Marina – Takwa Bay

Time = 20 Minutes

Fare = N100/200

Marina – Sabo-Koji

Duration= 10 minutes

Fare: N100

Marina – Badagry

Duration= 45 minutes

Fare =N1000

Marina – Ojo

Duration= 30 minutes

Fare =N1000

Ikorodu – Mile 2

Duration =45 Minutes

Fare= N1000

Ikorodu-Apapa

Duration = 25minutes

Fare = N700

Marina – Ofin

Duration = 30 minutes

Fare= 1000

Ebute Ero – Epe

Duration = 1 Hour

Fare= N1300

Ofin-Badagry

Duration = 35 minutes

Fare = N1000

sir, check again, the prices from ikorodu to anywhere in island is at least 700, be it ofin , Bayeiku, ebute or anywhere in ikorodu to Lekki, cms, Falomo, Cms, Ebute Ero or any other place.
prices are usually reviewed up and never down.
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by chidiogojessy(f): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
marina to apapa is not up to 7mins naaa
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by meobizy(f): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
These numbers mean nothing to me. Autojosh should also list the cost of traveling the same routes on land to give someone an idea.
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by ehonda(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
There is a ferry from bayeku in Ikorodu to Ajah @ 500. Wise up 9ja
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by aribisala0(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
So How much from Marina to Onitsha Briddge for 20 people? If you want to arrive around two a.m
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by lordtosan(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
chukwukahenry:

hmmmmm

send me 2 odd naah

Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by missioner(m): 2:37am On Jul 26, 2018
electricpole:
where in Abeokuta are you
Obantoko side....wbu?
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by electricpole(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
missioner:
Obantoko side....wbu?
oke ata. I think we once chatted via email
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by missioner(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
electricpole:
about ?
Are you active on whatsapp? drop your digit let's chat there
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by electricpole(m): 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
[quote author=missioner post=69727182]
about ?

Are you active on whatsapp?
drop your digit let's chat there [/quote....
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by missioner(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
electricpole:
you can take down your number now... I've copied it. I'll buzz you
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by ogunjobiolaide: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
yemmight:
I don't know about who posted the prices of fares or who the person reprents. No where from Ikorodu pays 500 to VI or 500 from VI to Ikorodu. The least from Ikorodu is 700 and sometimes we pay as high as 1200-1500. That is the fact. For me, I am a steady payer.
That was the amount I paid this money #700 from ikorodu to V.I
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by bagginwa(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2019
@Yemmight, can i get you phone number?i want to make some direct enquiries i jist got into town...here is mine 08134240007
Re: See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries by yemmight(m): 11:46am On Jun 03, 2019
bagginwa:
@Yemmight, can i get you phone number?i want to make some direct enquiries i jist got into town...here is mine 08134240007

Well tried your number severally but you never picked.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Chief, Kenneth Okonkwo, Dies In Fatal Accident / Toyota Hilux And Sienna Tumble Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos) / See What Policemen Did To Accident Victim In Lagos(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.