Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media (4494 Views)

Vagina Odour: Is It Just Me Or Do Other Guys Perceive It? / My Girlfriend Goes Out With Other Guys Because I Am Broke / What Do I Do To This Guy That Flirts With My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by engrrash: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, what's your take? when a girl you are in serious relationship with love flirting with other guys on social media especially Facebook by replying with words like thanks baby, thanks darling, my boo, thanks dearie etc; anytime she uploads pictures and other guys comment on the pictures.

A friend of mine just ended his beautiful relationship just because of the above and I felt he took it too far. He said he tried to talk to the girl that he doesn't find it funny but the girl kept saying it's nothing, that she's just having fun & it is nothing serious.
is it Worth it?

1 Like

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by kinzation(m): 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
Best decision made by your friend

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by XhosaNostra(f): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2018
I think he overreacted, but then again you can't tell what someone is truly thinking.

I'm also flirtatious like the girl in question, but there're limits. The limits being, I don't take my interactions to a private domain like private messaging etc.

He should have asked to see her inbox if he doesn't believe that she's honest when she says "It's nothing". If you have nothing to hide then doing that won't be an issue imo.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by amaniro: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
I love flirting. But some of those words are not intentional. Your friend over reacted. No offence thou your friend is childish. very. That relationship could have gotten nowhere self cause his obviously a jealous cat. My opinion, flirting is a good way to blend in a conversation but it shouldn't be intense.

AM A PSYCHOLOGIST.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by donstan18: 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
They are here again.

A friend of mine association.

Na dem dem.

19 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
Well, he knows her best and if he can't trust her then who are we to judge his actions. Social media generation and their wahala.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
My cousin met a guy via facebook 2 months ago and they are engaged now. That u flirt doesn't necessarily mean they'd cheat.

1 Like

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by MissRaine69(f): 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
If the shoe was on the other foot would this girl be fine with it? I highly doubt it. I hate women with double standards. Your friend has freed himself from a life of headaches and drama. The girl is now free to flirt to her heart’s desire 24/7 with no hinderance.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by MissRaine69(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
My cousin met a guy via facebook 2 months ago and they are engaged now. That u flirt doesn't necessarily mean they'd cheat.
Milady
Did you read what was written? How are the two stories comparable .
Two months?
Does he even know her shoe size?

1 Like

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Wilson125(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Are we suppose to believe u have a limit to how u flirt?
XhosaNostra:
I think he overreacted, but then again you can't tell what someone is truly thinking.

I'm also flirtatious like the girl in question, but there're limits. The limits being, I don't take my interactions to a private domain like private messaging etc.

He should have asked to see her inbox if he doesn't believe that she's honest when she says "It's nothing". If you have nothing to hide then doing that won't be an issue imo.

1 Like

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by XhosaNostra(f): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wilson125:
Are we suppose to believe u have a limit to how u flirt?

I don't care if you believe it or not, you're not my man.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by CAPSLOCKED: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
MissRaine69:
If the shoe was on the other foot would this girl be fine with it? I highly doubt it. I hate women with double standards. Your friend has freed himself from a life of headaches and drama. The girl is now free to flirt to her heart’s desire 24/7 with no hinderance.

JUST TO COMMEND YOU FOR ALWAYS TRYING TO BE RATIONAL, HONEST, STRAIGHT UP INTELLIGENT, AND DIFFERENT WHENEVER YOU CAN. IT'S GREAT TO HAVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU AROUND AND I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR POSTS.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by abdeiz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
engrrash:
Hello Nairalanders, what's your take? when a girl you are in serious relationship with love flirting with other guys on social media especially Facebook by replying with words like thanks baby, thanks darling, my boo, thanks dearie etc; anytime she uploads pictures and other guys comment on the pictures.

A friend of mine just ended his beautiful relationship just because of the above and I felt he took it too far. He said he tried to talk to the girl that he doesn't find it funny but the girl kept saying it's nothing, that she's just having fun & it is nothing serious.
is it Worth it?

Take what too far? he did the right thing since she cant respect him enough to stop flirting, that is deliberate emotional torture. Many ladies are fond of it and they claim its normal especially the ones who get attention online, they make it seem you can be easily replaced....they havent knack 30 yet thats why, the tables would be turned.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by MissRaine69(f): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

JUST TO COMMEND YOU FOR ALWAYS TRYING TO BE RATIONAL, HONEST, STRAIGHT UP INTELLIGENT, AND DIFFERENT WHENEVER YOU CAN. IT'S GREAT TO HAVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU AROUND AND I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR POSTS.
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Wilson125(m): 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I don't care if you believe it or not, you're not my man.
oh! That’s a reminder... ur man will not even bliv it anyways..
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Olalan(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
Truth is there's a very thin line between flirting and cheating

3 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by XhosaNostra(f): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wilson125:
oh! That’s a reminder... ur man will not even bliv it anyways..

Not if I can prove it. A cheat, no matter how slick they think they are, they always show telltale signs.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
MissRaine69:

Milady
Did you read what was written? How are the two stories comparable .
Two months?
Does he even know her shoe size?
Their wedding will take place in December. Thats enough time to know such details.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by MissRaine69(f): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Their wedding will take place in December. Thats enough time to know such details.
Brava
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Headlesschicken(m): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
undecided Anything that costs u yuh peace of mind is too expensive...

2 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Wilson125(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Not if I can prove it. A cheat, no matter how slick they think they are, they always show telltale signs.
The only way he can believe such s u nt flirting at all, not putting limit..
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Martin0(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

madam I nor understand you oo, how you wan take compare this tory to the post....

1 Like

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by XhosaNostra(f): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wilson125:
The only way he can believe such s u nt flirting at all, not putting limit..

Well, some things come naturally, like breathing. Sometimes you're not even aware you're doing it, it's subconscious/ 2nd nature.
But I do try not to get too carried away, but that only happens when I pay special attention to what I say, in the case of someone giving off a creepy vibe or whatever. It's actually quite a task to tame a flirtatious side. You have to measure your words & TBH, that's boring.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Wilson125(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Well, some things come naturally, like breathing. Sometimes you're not even aware you're doing it, it's subconscious/ 2nd nature.
But I do try not to get too carried away, but that only happens when I pay special attention to what I say, in the case of someone giving off a creepy vibe or whatever. It's actually quite a task to tame a flirtatious side. You have to measure your words & TBH, that's boring.
but will you even get jealous or concern if your man should flirt on social media?
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
BREAKING the relationship was a good decision. Loyalty must be absolute!

3 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by XhosaNostra(f): 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wilson125:
but will you even get jealous or concern if your man should flirt on social media?

Yes, I would. Why? Because like I said, you don't know what someone else is truly thinking while they're doing what they're doing. It's a complex situation because I know I don't get emotionally involved while I flirt. It's something that I have knowledge of. I trust myself. Now trusting another person is a slippery slope that'll require a lie detector test in order for me to be convinced that they're doing it for the same reasons grin TBH, I wouldn't date a flirt. I know it sounds like double standards but it is what it is.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Wilson125(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
Well i just want you to see that it will be hard for your man to believe that, jst like u wud need a lie detector, The fact that you trust yourself can’t make him trust u.. .
XhosaNostra:

Yes, I would. Why? Because like I said, you don't know what someone else is truly thinking while they're doing what they're doing. It's a complex situation because I know I don't get emotionally involved while I flirt. It's something that I have knowledge of. I trust myself. Now trusting another person is a slippery slope that'll require a lie detector test in order for me to be convinced that they're doing it for the same reasons grin TBH, I wouldn't date a flirt. I know it sounds like double standards but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by XhosaNostra(f): 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
Wilson125:
Well i just want you to see that it will be hard for your man to believe that, jst like u wud need a lie detector, The fact that you trust yourself can’t make him trust u.. .

True but oh well.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Wilson125(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:

True but oh well.
yea..
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:

what if she deletes her convo after every chat?

Ion trust these ho.es.

They are smarter than their father the Devil.
Re: When Your Girlfriend Flirts With Other Guys On Social Media by Homeboiy: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2018
MissRaine69:

Your sense too much, your always straight up

keep it up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow Pictures! SA Shocked By Beautiful Transwomen Challenge - "I'd Wife You!" / Has Anyone Used This Cream Before? / Guys: My Ex-Girlfriend Wants Me Back: But I've Got Another Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.