Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance (20461 Views)

Peter Obi Invited To Tinubu’s Inauguration By Presidential Inaugural Committee / Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso And Obi Invited As Speakers At NBA Event / MC Oluomo Invited As A 'Special Guest' In UNILAG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by deebsman1(m): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2018
pontaboki1:
Does Buhari have Tax Clearance?

Goan ask your ancestors
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Ugosample(m): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
domchike:
Mr OBI is the most honest politician i hve come across in Africa.Though i was among d Anambraian that called him slow pokes but he has perform even morethan my own Towns Man Ngige.His records speaks for him and i wil vote for him in any polls he contests.

You are from Alor?

3 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Tundeobama(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
9jeria:
Let's make this man the president of this country. My fellow Hausa please
let him run for senate we will give him senate president 1st then later if he perform president
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by xanie: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
Why can't the finance minister prove us wrong by showing her NYSC certificate? I mean what is hard in that?

8 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
Everything na for show!

Are we saying the Tax Office didn't have a single record of Peter Obi"s tax remittances? The huge amount he's paid couldn't have gone unnoticed na!

Abeg, in other news..........
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Czarugo007: 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
When he was gov,I met him inside arik air with one security detail and his PA only in the economy.

7 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by nzeobi(m): 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
muffyt05:

My brother, nobody is clean,let alone a Nigerian polician and an ex governor for that matter. He's either a loyal politician who doesn't meddle in bigger political affairs (that of his political godfathers) or a smooth and discreet politician who knows how to cover his tracks.
Bottom line, there's no politician in Nigeria who doesn't steal
among politicians he is the cleanest av seen.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by uchennamani(m): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
gidgiddy:

Although I don't like some of his politics, the truth is that he is one of the very few politicians in Nigeria who has any integrity.

When he was Governor, he could pass your house house and you wouldn't know a Governor went past
Talking about his policies, tell us with good reasons the ones you don't like.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by uchennamani(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Old age nocking ..
He used to be very handsome.
And this is all you have to say about the issue? Anu!

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by gidgiddy: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
HomeOfMe:
What I meant was,whenever it's time for an igbo presidency,he could try his luck,not a must though,he might not even be interested.

There will never be a time for Igbo Presidency. There are over 400 ethnic groups in Nigeria, if Nigeria starts doing Igbo Presidency, when will it be Ibibio Presidency or Angas Presidency?

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Dpharisee: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
Olukat:
There are signals Peter Obi may be chosen as VP to anybody that emerges on the opposition party shocked shocked
This is just the beginning of numerous invitation that will come Peter Obi's way.
But there's nothing to worry about cos Obi is a diligent bookkeeper and the worst 'aka gum' ever voted into Gov's office shocked shocked
Sue him before 'Sango' he will be there with documents that will shock you grin grin grin grin grin
I love him though wink wink

His younger brother had to force him to abandon his old Peugeot 504 and bought him a Mercedes as official car, everyone in Anambra thinks that the man Obi is stingy even to himself. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Dpharisee: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Czarugo007:
When he was gov,I met him inside arik air with one security detail and his PA only in the economy.
I also met him on a flight too, he carried his own bag, even airport porters know him, he spends a lot of money rebuilding schools across Nigeria. Every month he chooses a school and spends N1m to equip it, the last one was in Sokoto State

8 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Naza25: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Old age nocking ..
He used to be very handsome.
Imagine!

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Olukat(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Dpharisee:

His younger brother had to force him to abandon his old Peugeot 504 and bought him a Mercedes as official car, everyone in Anambra thinks that the man Obi is stingy even to himself. grin grin

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by drotba(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
The best days lies ahead for naija when men with clear and proven integrity like this man ascend to the leadership of this nation. Pray he remains clean so that he may have the moral strength to lead this nation when the time comes

3 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Aguata1stson(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
maturity at it's peak. not only did he honor the invitation, he equally did not feel bad. some past governor's in some state will make it headline news and themed it persecution.

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by heinrichy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
There are two types of Peter in Nigeria;
1- Afonja Peter that blow his trumpet
2- The real Peter okwute of Igboland; but he look's stingy (frugal) sha.

3 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by freshdude99(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Uchenaija:
Every good deed surely gets rewarded.

Do know First City Monument Bank can help you achieve your dream of schooling abroad this year?

Fcmb’S Study Abroad Exhibition Arrives Lagos State On July 27-28, 2018
Schooling abroad is it a dream? All these yeye bloggers, go to ur village and farm and earn a decent living after school
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by freshdude99(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
uchennamani:
And this is all you have to say about the issue? Anu!
So you don't know that wen u and a lady is looking at a stone, while you are busy thinking of the substance that made up the stone, she's busy admiring the beauty of the stone.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by freshvine(f): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
deebsman1:
That's what we are talking about, if you know you have nothing hidden, don't trivialize or politicize simple minor issues. As simple as ABC.

#Sai Baba

Buhari Should Thread The Path Of Honour And Show Nigerians His Certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Bruemath(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
This man and record are like 5&6

3 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by mamatwiny(f): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Dpharisee:

That guy is very stingy but very good with figures.
He is humble, intelligent, charismatic and very passionate about this country.
You cannot meet him one and one and not have a very good impression of him.
I met him at a burial and if you see the way this guy started schooling us....
The only question I asked him was why he decamped to PDP from Apga and I was satisfied with the answer he gave me.

I wish to be like him when I grow up.... grin

5 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by djon78(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
mamatwiny:

That guy is very stingy but very good with figures.
He is humble, intelligent, charismatic and very passionate about this country.
You cannot meet him one and one and not have a very good impression of him.
I met him at a burial and if you see the way this guy started schooling us....
The only question I asked him was why he decamped to PDP from Apga and I was satisfied with the answer he gave me.

I wish to be like him when I grow up.... grin

I admire the man a lot. Met him recently in a flight to Enugu. Very simple and down to earth. And an extremely wealthy man, but doesn't make noise.

An upright man who is at peace with his maker.

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by Uchenaija: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Don't be making empty talks about what you don't have knowledge about, my brother.

An exhibition organized by First City Monument Bank is "yeye"?

You that have something reasonable, how have that improve your lot, although I know it's obviously not benefiting someone else. So until then let's have your value, i.e if you can put a parameter to it.

Yeye

freshdude99:

Schooling abroad is it a dream? All these yeye bloggers, go to ur village and farm and earn a decent living after school
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by BabaRamota1980: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Well, until I see the 20 years tax clearance of
Tinubu
Dangote
Danjuma

I will still think Nigeria is persecuting the Igbos with tribal bigotry.

Shut up!!

I say shut up!!! angry

Obi has investment in Lagos and if LIRS had to send him letter to clear his tax filings he knows its already late....there will be fines involved. So he voluntarily submit tax filings to Lagos ahead of them issuing any summons. Our IGR in Lagos will not miss a kobo.

Why does he not do same Anambra, why wait for a letter first?

Thats what you need to face....not Tinubu.
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by OMANBALA1: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Okwute is the wisest man alive in Nigeria.
But the guy na correct aka gum... grin

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by OMANBALA1: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Shut up!!

I say shut up!!! angry

Obi has investment in Lagos and if LIRS had to send him letter to clear his tax filings he knows its already late....there will be fines involved. So he voluntarily submit tax filings to Lagos ahead of them issuing any summons. Our IGR in Lagos will not miss a kobo.

Why does he not do same Anambra, why wait for a letter first?

Thats what you need to face....not Tinubu.

You are a complete block head shaa

2 Likes

Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by DSDLIVEREPORT: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Decent man
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by freshdude99(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
Uchenaija:
Don't be making empty talks about what you don't have knowledge about, my brother.

An exhibition organized by First City Monument Bank is "yeye"?

You that have something reasonable, how have that improve your lot, although I know it's obviously not benefiting someone else. So until then let's have your value, i.e if you can put a parameter to it.

Yeye

Fool
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by IbrahimDamola: 7:38am On Oct 13, 2018
muffyt05:

My brother, nobody is clean,let alone a Nigerian polician and an ex governor for that matter. He's either a loyal politician who doesn't meddle in bigger political affairs (that of his political godfathers) or a smooth and discreet politician who knows how to cover his tracks.
Bottom line, there's no politician in Nigeria who doesn't steal

Including Boobhari? grin
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by muffyt05: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Including Boobhari? grin

They're all the same, there's no politician in Nigeria who's not corrupt
Re: Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance by godliman: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is the original integrity I know not the counterfeit integrity being peddled about to fool gullible ppl who see right to be deceived as their human right. God bless peter obi. Nigeria still has few sons to be proud of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe / Saraki’s Case: CJN To Set Up Fresh Supreme Court Panel / Court Bars Ekwunife From Anambra Central Senatorial Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.