Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2046 Views)

Can You Sponsor Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee In School? / So, Yoruba Girls Can Be This Beautiful (Pictures) / Lady Assists Her Brother To Propose To A Bridesmaid On Her Own Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by BRMN: 8:50am On Jul 27, 2018
Re: . by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2018
If the girl is a foregnr, yes she can! If the girl is a Nigeria, no she can't! Nigerian women are leeches so they can't marry a broke dude talk more of sponsorin the wedding. The only time a Nigeria woman spends her money on a man is if that man is her son.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by XhosaNostra(f): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2018
Why the rush to marry if one of you is not financially stable? Wait it out.

No, I wouldn't shoulder all the financial responsibilities of a wedding all on my own. It's absurd! I'd wait until he is able to pay his own share, at least.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No, I wouldn't shoulder all the financial responsibilities of a wedding all on my own. It's absurd! I'd wait until he is able to pay his own share, at least.
Are u a feminist? Sorry for askin..
Re: . by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2018
the only reason why a lady can sponsor her wedding in this Nigeria is when she is under pressure by her family probably because she is getting old, a stage where the society called evening newspaper

1 Like

Re: . by XhosaNostra(f): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2018
SUEX:

No, I'm not a feminist. But I am a perfectionist & a traditionalist. I don't like it when things are not planned through to the last detail & I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be part of a shotgun wedding. It wouldn't feel right. I believe in putting things off until the time right, to execute them according to whatever vision I have in my head. Plan. Plan. Plan. Don't do things in haste like you have a deadline.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2018
I won't even allow her sponsor the wedding even if she sincerely wants to.
The truth is, at some point in our lives, the respect for me will diminish, I won't have a say.

Nigerian women knows how to boss around a man, when they are richer and take up higher responsibility

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 27, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No, I'm not a feminist. But I am a perfectionist & a traditionalist. I don't like it when things are not planned through to the last detail & I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be part of a shotgun wedding. It wouldn't feel right. I believe in putting things off until the time right, to execute them according to whatever vision I have in my head. Plan. Plan. Plan. Don't do things in haste like you have a deadline.

oh my! U give good brains like u just graduated from college.

Tanxs...

1 Like

Re: . by BRMN: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2018
I see
Re: . by BRMN: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2018
This is interesting
Re: . by LuciferChristi: 9:56am On Jul 27, 2018
SUEX:

Pay no attention to her lies.

Yes, she is a feminist. They are good at denying their feminism when threads like this are opened because the trash they spew conflicts with their true nature.

Just like Saff/Safiaa denied being a feminist two days ago. These so-called feminists are shameless.

When it comes to being financially responsible, they run away & suddenly realize the man has to foot bills but when its time to do house chores, the man has to participate because the "modern woman" is not a house help. grin grin

Hypocrites!

4 Likes

Re: . by babyfaceafrica: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Yes, she is a feminist. They are good at denying their feminism when threads like this are opened because the trash they spew conflicts with their true nature.

Just like Saff/Safiaa denied being a feminist two days ago. These so-called feminists are shameless.

When it comes to being financially responsible, they run away & suddenly realize the man has to foot bills but when its time to do house chores, the man has to participate because the "modern woman" is not a house help. grin grin

Hypocrites!
you have a point..
Re: . by akiOYIBO: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2018
XhosaNostra:

It is not absurd, I think. Just say u don't deem it ok.
Re: . by LuciferChristi: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
you have a point..

I'm exposing all of them now.

Its starting to irritate me. angry

I just opened a new thread.
Re: . by akiOYIBO: 10:04am On Jul 27, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Better
Re: . by babyfaceafrica: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2018
asking a lady to wholly sponsor a wedding should be a no no for all.men.Knowing the plethora of ladies we have in this country...she will always use that to haunt you morning,afternoon and night.That will be your opening and closing hymn..Guys get money first before getting married don't allow your woman or her family to sponsor your wedding alone, sorry will be your case
Re: . by Lordbooster(m): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2018
Hmmmm tis one is strong
Re: . by victorian(f): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2018
Nope I won't.

He's not the only man on earth, I will dust my assz and move on. No need allowing him to waste my time.

Op don't be scared u won't have a better man, even though u may feel older. It's better to marry a guy who has a job, than someone who doesn't. Cause a time will come u will get fed-up shouldering all the financial responsibilities and end up fighting him then calling it quits.. That's when your eyes will clear. Stella damascus tried such with her second husband Nzeribe, she thought she could handle it but after two years or so she got fed-up taking care of the bills all alone, then he became nasty towards her as if he's entitled to all her money
She then filed for divorce.

Now she's married to her third husband who earns money as well. So please don't try it at all. The marriage will be dead on arrival. For me? I will never in this life try such.

1 Like

Re: . by Saff(f): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Hypocrites!
Are you obsessed? grin
Re: . by akiOYIBO: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2018
pp802:
I won't even allow her sponsor the wedding even if she sincerely wants to.
The truth is, at some point in our lives, the respect for me will diminish, I won't have a say.

Nigerian women knows how to boss around a man, when they are richer and take up higher responsibility
Women bossing men around especially in Africa is almost one of the numerous stereotypical thinking that women are incapable of love when they're rich. I have rescinded most of those thinking since I have come to realise d loving nature of women even when they are rich. Sir, just be a man. Set ur standards, rich or no rich women would always be women to you.
Re: . by akiOYIBO: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Hypocrites!
Women are actually what u just called them in that waysmiley
Re: . by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2018
akiOYIBO:

Women bossing men around especially in Africa is almost one of the numerous stereotypical thinking that women are incapable of love when they're rich. I have rescinded most of those thinking since I have come to realise d loving nature of women even when they are rich. Sir, just be a man. Set ur standards, rich or no rich women would always be women to you.

Would you be kind enough to let me in on the emboldened?
Re: . by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
i wld love 2, but i know myself..i may not respect him
Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
A responsible matured guy would never allow such, but we have the foolish ones though, especially the ones whose spouse comes from a rich home, they"ll rather fold their arms and watch how things takes shape, then come on here complaining that their wives have no respect for them, forgetting they gave her their dignity and self worth to trash out in the first place
Re: . by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Many Nigerians wont see your point,daily,i see many flaws both our men and women make daily but they want a "prosperous nation"

In nigeria, a jobless man and a jobless women want to get married at all cost believing that marriage will bring wealth

any mentality i dont understand about nigerian men is,once you get a job your next goal in life is marriage

i concluded that many of our men and women lack ambition and put marriage before ambition thus destroying the ambitious instint.
Re: . by BRMN: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
And must everybody do wedding?
Re: . by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Hypocrites!
lol. this guy ehhn.
Re: . by bobokeshington: 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2018
BRMN:
Girls can you sponsor your own wedding?

What do u all think about this?

Can u single handedly sponsor ur wedding if your guy is broke? As in he keeps postponing the wedding from one year to the other & time is going for u as a lady.

And u have the means to make the wedding a reality, can u go ahead to sponsor it hoping the guy will sooner or later improve in his finances in the home?

Is it advisable to get into the marriage since the guy is not ok financially?

What are the implications of this, I hope person no go enter one chance oo! Lol.

Pls let me know what u think.

if she sponsored the wedding then she should be ready to sponsor the marriage too ��
Re: . by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
BRMN:
And must everybody do wedding?
you just answer the question, if I have my way I won't do wedding but do the necessary things for the bride family. in fact, if I can gather all the money for the wedding and give it to people to eat rather than rushing for the wedding
Re: . by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
Well since we all have decided to copy the whites, then traditionally, the bride's family foots the bill of the wedding since they are the hosts.

But of course that doesn't work in Nigeria as the couples are expected to sponsor their own weddings especially if they are from a humble background.

That said, the old school spirit in me will never let me allow my intended to sponsor the wedding.

I carry that burden myself. Even up to the wedding gown, hair and make-up for my bride.

That's how to be a man. It feels good when your wife respects you in addition to her love for you.

1 Like

Re: . by BRMN: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
Re: . by BRMN: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Last Thing I'll Ever Do On This Earth Is Love A Woman! / Never Play With Your Sex Organs Or You Risk Heart Attacks Studies Have Shown / Kwam 1 Was Having Extra Marital Affairs With Alaafin Oyo’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.