Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2052 Views)

Can You Sponsor Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee In School? / So, Yoruba Girls Can Be This Beautiful (Pictures) / Lady Assists Her Brother To Propose To A Bridesmaid On Her Own Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by tenebero: 6:20am On Jul 30, 2018
if d lady is dat financially bouyant, it would be more reasonable to set up d guy (as in borrow not dash) so he can handle his responsibilities as d man.
Re: . by starbn(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
you have a point..
right observation from them. right on point.
Re: . by BRMN: 7:42am On Jul 30, 2018
Re: . by BRMN: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2018
Hmm
Re: . by chiommy123(f): 10:18am On Jul 31, 2018
its wrong for the man to allow his wife to be sponsor their wedding single handedly. honestly I doubt if I can do that
Re: . by BRMN: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2018

1 Like

Re: . by chiommy123(f): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2018
BRMN:

If the man doesn't have money? Did u read the post well? The focus is if the man is broke and doesn't have money, can the woman sponsor it if she has the money? Why are we Nigerian women so selfish and self centered for God's sake? Later they will say men and husbands are scarce. If u have the money and the man doesn't have, why can't u go ahead and sponsor your wedding? Give the money to the man, sponsor it and nobody will know it's u who sponsored it. A man that is broke today can become a multi millionaire tomorrow, remember.

There is nothing wrong with this, it's all about understanding, but many Nigerian women lack understanding, that's the problem.
my sister welcome to Nigeria where women do that and the husband will loose all his respect. am being honest I can support very well but handle every thing hell no.
Re: . by NinaVicy: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2018
It is possible but is it acceptable for a real man?
Re: . by Zinny25(f): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2018
Nope I won't... I can only assist him.

So after marriage what next, u keep taking care of him abi...

In fact it's an abomination for a woman to sponsor her wedding 100%. God forbid
Re: . by BRMN: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2018

1 Like

Re: . by Zinny25(f): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
BRMN:

Abomination?? Abomination u mean?? That's wrong of u to say. Abomination to u, not to another person. I think that's why many Nigerian women will remain single for a long time to come.
Go ahead and pay ur bride price, foot ur wedding bills then feed him. It's your choice. So because we are desperate to get married we should pay our own bride price and wedding expenses... I repeat it's an abomination he should bring something to the table.

I don't know if you are married... If u r did u pay ur bride price and foot ur wedding bills?
If u r not married then go ahead and pay ur own bride price and wedding expenses.

I forgot to add... Unless you are not a Nigerian, it's obtainable in the western countries that's y the women over there turn them to houseboys.

1 Like

Re: . by BRMN: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: . by Zinny25(f): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
BRMN:

So must bride price be that expensive that he has to kill himself to be able to pay it if he doesn't have it? How much bride price did our forefathers pay in those days? It's not all about money, that's what we Nigerian women fail to know. We make things difficult for a lot of men, and we end up driving these men away from us. If a woman sponsors the wedding doesn't mean she should pay her own bride price. We have to help our men. Stop making Nigerian women look as if we are money mongers and materialistic.
it's not expensive at all. That's y he should be able to afford it. Let's say everything about the wedding would cost #100 and he said he's broke he has nothing to bring, I won't pay a dime. I can give #50 or #80 to support him owing to the fact he isn't buoyant. Not paying everything... It's a shame my dear, an abomination. Like I said, u can still go ahead and do it.... Whatever rocks your boat

1 Like

Re: . by BRMN: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: . by Zinny25(f): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
BRMN:

That's wrong of u to think so, that's wrong to think western women turn men to houseboys. We Nigerian women are we romantic to our men like western women? I think we need to change our thinking here in Nigeria. No white or western woman who truly loves her husband will do so. We eventually drive our good men here in Nigeria to go abroad and marry white women who are more romantic and less demanding unlike many materialistic and selfish Nigerian women, lol
if paying my dowry and footing my wedding bills will make me romantic... Then I refuse to be

Who romance epp
Re: . by BRMN: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: . by DavidEsq(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
you have a point..
A very strong point

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister At 9 Yrs Old Promptly Reported An Attempted Rape. / How do I stop thinking about her? I'm hopelessly in love with her / Bobrisky Wets His Underpants After Inappropriately Squeezing His Something In Hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.