Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,193 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent (16412 Views)

Men/guys Plz Stop Encouraging/producing Baby Mamas / How Can Husband Be AA And Wife Is AS, And Baby Is SS? / Man Batters Amputee Nursing Wife, Sends Her And Baby Away (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
The African mentality deeply rooted in our DNA gives a man room to consummate with more than one woman. Because of religion, many have come to publicly disregard this trait even though they practice it in private. Before celebrities made the phenomenon popular as a result of social media, it wasn't strange to hear that a friend, a colleague, a partner has a step sibling his/her parents had outside wedlock or outside their marriage.

In this day and age, because of technology, our inner instincts prevail in a more private environment such as social media. These days, it is the norm for a woman (young girls, even) to have multiple partners online and even in virtual reality. This has grown because of greed and coveteousness. Men, with this knowledge, treat women in general as sexual objects and vessels for procreation. Multiple partners on both sides of the human gender is on the rise. It is only inevitable that at a point in time, an unwanted pregnancy develops even though there isn't any strong emotional attachment between both parties responsible.

African Americans have over time, turned this behavior into a normal practice. It isn't strange to find a woman with four kids from four different men and vice versa. Because technology has bridged the gap between us and our African American brothers, we see nothing wrong with the baby mama, baby daddy lifestyle. As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves in it. Also, women who feel they have crossed the threshold of marriageable age, do not mind being a single parent.

It is vital to know that kids brought forth by this kind of unions, regardless of the financial status of their parents develop emotional and psychological characteristics that ensures the cycle prevails. We should keep our self control in check.

I'm writing from a guilty point of view, although I haven't fathered a child.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by chiommy123(f): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
op are you for or against this practice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
chiommy123:
op are you for or against this practice
If you studied the post well, you'd see that I'm against it.

18 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by chiommy123(f): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
Earthbound:

If you studied the post well, you'd see that I'm against it.
OK. though some parts are in support
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
chiommy123:
OK. though some parts are in support
Not exactly. I was creating a basis for understanding the problem.

4 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by chiommy123(f): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
Earthbound:

Not exactly. I was creating a basis for understanding the problem.
OK. so whats the way forward
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
chiommy123:
Keeping our self control in check but I doubt it will work because most of us are really selfish, hence the topic of the thread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Biglittlelois(f): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
With the way it's becoming a norm these days, marriage will be termed "old fashion" in the nearest future

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
Biglittlelois:
With the way it's becoming a norm these days, marriage will be termed "old fashion" in the nearest future
Sis, it already is. Take a look around.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Chubhie: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
If marriage was perfect for humans, there would be no space for baby papa and mama to thrive.

This baby mama and papa phenomena is a response to the failures and perceived emasculation of the animal instincts of humans in marriage.

This current trend is a phase, a transition in mans attempt to discover the model best suited for them just for the bragging rights to be called higher animals.

It's rather embarrassing that the animals we share God's earth with are at peace with the concept of procreation and companionship while the assumed higher animals suffer.

37 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
Chubhie:
If marriage was perfect for humans, there would be no space for baby papa and mama to thrive.

This baby mama and papa phenomena is a response to the failures and perceived emasculation of the animal instincts of humans in marriage.

This current trend is a phase, a transition in mans attempt to discover the model best suited for them just for the bragging rights to be called higher animals.

It's rather embarrassing that the animals we share God's earth with are at peace with the concept of procreation and companionship while the assumed higher animals suffer.
Lalasticlala, check this.

3 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Bossontop(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2018
Nice write up op but i'm sure u know the girls of nowadays no dey hear word and because of greed and courteousness as you've rightly said and also poverty mentality and inferiority complex

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2018
chiommy123:
...what's...
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by HypocriticalMod: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2018
What else do u expect from a generation that lacks discipline and have a wayward life? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by pauljumbo: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2018
Biglittlelois:

It’s old fashion now mostly on the part of ladies

The more educated and rich a lady is the more defecult to be in marriage

Very soon we will have vagabonds without know parental control

If you are lucky to have a good wife or husband that is faithful please treasure it

4 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by onajison(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by hollowpot15684(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2018
Lol
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by ClintGist(f): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2018
Ok oo
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2018
Who marriage epp?

Waking up to see a face for the rest of my life...

My parents really tried...It was okay during their time

As for me Marriage is a BIG NO!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by HypocriticalMod: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2018
Earthbound:

Keeping our self control in check but I doubt it will work because most of us are really selfish, hence the topic of the thread.
Loud it!

2 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by pauljumbo: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2018
Chubhie:

If you watch nageowild you will know is not easy for animal self infidelity in them is high

9 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by ziggyzee: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2018
Love is cursed by monogamy because variety is the spice of life and man shall not live by bread alone.

3 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by kekakuz(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2018
ghat is the future
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by BruncleZuma: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2018
grin
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nightmareo07: 11:47am On Jul 28, 2018
grin
Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 28, 2018
I can't marry someone's baby mama abeg.
That pastor that married 2face baby mama, a woman that gave birth to two of his children really tried...
Whether she accepts it or not, she would have still love to be with 2face.
God forbid.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by lordm(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2018
I don't mean to annoy anyone, but the Bible calls them bastard or illegitimate children

8 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by miqos02(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2018
Noted

1 Like

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2018
I'm here to just argue that there's nothing like "African" mentality. Nothing. First cos Africa is not harmonized in terms of line of thinking. A North African behaves way different from an East African.

I just wish people will stop using that phrase

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by khunz: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2018
It has always been in existence ,but they just gave it a trending name.While technology was used to promote and popularize it mainly by victims of the practice and bloggers/paparazy

Human selfish tendencies is on the increase,in marriage ,we seek divorce, now in baby partners, we seek multiple baby partners ,what next?

We want to eat our cake and have it,the norm now is zero tolerance in relationships.You cannot partner or marry somebody and expect you life to be the same,that's when sacrifice comes in.

My advise to people,the world is changing so fast,but don't allow someone else's well packaged failed trending life style to alter yours.
That why we are given brain to identify and separate the shaft from the rice.

Even King Solomon who tasted it all still categorized it under his ' Vanity upon vanity ,all is vanity' conclusion.

Ciao

4 Likes

Re: Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent by flinton(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2018
Chubhie:

Thought provoking...do you know that there are many species that mate for life?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Has Been Cheating On Me / Are Some Names Synonymous With Certain Character Traits? / My Brother's Ex Live-In-Lover Has Barred Him From His 2 Kids, Wants To Jail Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.