Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States (87827 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / 10 Former Governors Who May Suffer Orji Uzor Kalu’s Fate / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by OlujobaSamuel: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
onyxo76:
osun stare, ife town ,Ilesa township roads too are terrible .
I'm also from osun state(modakeke).
Osun is having one of the best road network in the country, right from the days of Akande, Oyin and Aregbe, except you never visit other states to know the state of the road compared to others.
The major area I think Aregbe is doing poorly is Education.
Those saying amosun, abeg, which road are you referring to, is it the same tens of uncompleted roads from ijebu to sagam, ofada to ifo, rounder to ilaro?
The only road that guy is active on is that of Oke Mosan/Kuto axis.

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Where is my Governor? Samuel Ortom. Have anyone including the OP visited Benue State? U will be amazed at the work and project going on there regarding roads.. every road in makurdi has beenn taken care of (this includes inner-city and link road), all LGA in Benue has at least one road project Currently going on.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by AridunuThomas: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
Soon, they'll come and tell us Amosun's best achievement is roads. Osun State is dusting him anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Lumig: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ambode na their baba unlike our brother from Ekiti that that only know how to make noise and manipulate his people
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by bestviewer: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
Wike did Iwofe road, Trans Amadi road, Trans Woji road, New Airport road and so many other numerous roads. Whether or not he initiated them is another thing altogether but at least he completed them.

budusky05:

The road you see in that picture was never built by like.

Was built by ameach up to 80% completion before leaving office, just name one initiated by wike pls (he does not have a blueprint in governance). If kano can initiate such an edifice wike should do more. My take
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by udumosam23(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:

We will look into it and try to have a review.

Thanks

I believe he invested more, because he did not just construct roads, he constructed good roads, the kind that will last like forever.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by jjmk(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nigeria is blessed with abundant resources and mental capabilities. Nigeria has 36 states with the Federal Capital Territory, making it 37. Out of these 37 states, one can hardly boast of 10 states which have good road networks. There are some states you have to ask if there exist any governmental presence around this area despite the allocations and all sorts, some roads are death traps that you won't wish your enemies pass through. While some may argue that the IGR of some states is very low unlike some states with mega IGR, we have seen some states who have surpassed this excuses and have done excellently well.

The list is compiled without any political undertone, favors or whatsoever, the list is compiled based on research, fact-finding and based on the recommendation of people living in these states. While it is difficult to see governors without one form of weakness in one way or the other, these ones have stood out and are worthy of mention.

5. Gov Willie Obiano (Anambra)

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SW3nuyK0FYc/W1tF1-_NyFI/AAAAAAAATgk/GnYoXnOkKsc6nbciNpzvBPN9ORWWETsOgCLcBGAs/s640/ana2.jpg[/img]

Gov Willie can best be described as a lone ranger. He is the only governor in his party (APGA). Obiano can best be described as a silent achiever and he has held up the helms of the government so well. According to reports, Obiano constructed three flyovers with seven bridges without borrowing and doesn't wait for FG before he pays workers salary. Anambra state can best be described as a state with low IGR as 50-60% of its populace are mostly traders who specialized in buying and selling of goods but despite this, the state government has to perform beyond expectations in the area of roads and infrastructure at least within his ability. AutoReportNG still believes there needs more to be done in this regards but in all, he deserves some accolades.

4. Gov Rauf Aregbesola (Osun)

[img]https://2.bp..com/-LxtygBr-ojk/W1tGrCOwIYI/AAAAAAAAThM/t5EDteN_MUoRyhj1qEkG_O5tb9TqFP2zACLcBGAs/s640/osun%2B44.jpg[/img]

Osun state is located in South West and it is a land that's close to the Yorubas. They believe its a state where the Yoruba race emanates from. Osun state is one of the historic tourism states in Nigeria and that's why the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre. Despite having this recognition from an international body, it is expedient that the roads leading to these locations are in good shape motorable and that's where the state comes in. Gov Aregbesola been a civil engineer himself as done well in the area of road constructions across the state, from bridges to layaways to flyover, Aregbesola definitely knows his onions. Places like Oshogbo which is that state capital to Ede and to other remote parts of the states have been touched. Why some may feel he has not done enough of which we respect their opinions and see to that, but he is still better to compare to other states.

3. Gov Nyesom Wike (Rivers)

[img]https://1.bp..com/-YI96BhHJCvQ/W1tHKeQhDQI/AAAAAAAATho/Vds4r5jbgdg3ODZ8mUKUfmo1bpg-uTNoACLcBGAs/s640/ph.jpg[/img]

Gov Wike is popularly called Mr. Project so as to know he means business. Wike is a man who you love to hate. While many have criticized his style of government but he seems not back-down in his bid to develop the state. He made it a point of duty to commission at least 2 roads in a month, that's for a man that is not relenting. In April, he commissioned 34 projects in a day. Why many may disagree that not much is been done in this regards, we felt he deserved a spot in this compilation. It is worthy of note that Rivers is among the top states in terms of IGR for the state so the state is capable to build and construct roads without looking up to FG.

2. Gov Ganduje (Kano)

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fHOq5RFSy24/W1tHfGNehjI/AAAAAAAATh8/9K3wvstYCxcliDjrCzCSsJaFXc2zU0RIACLcBGAs/s640/kano%2B4.jpg[/img]

Kano state is being termed the Commerce capital of Nigeria. With a population of 15 million Nigerians, the state has a lot to do in terms of infrastructure and road constructions and the man at the helms of affairs has been holding it down. A visit to Kano will show you lots of on-going roadworks across the state, from the monorail to the flyovers and then to some major roads, the governor has tried within his best to see to it that the state is motorable and it remains investors hub.

1. Gov Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos)

[img]https://2.bp..com/-P25r_ZjHxwg/W1tH1NS2C_I/AAAAAAAATiU/S6YjKy9MKFs3QKrCxM7MEbuIGmyu7_lMQCLcBGAs/s640/la.jpg[/img]

Gov. Ambode needs no introduction to Nigerians, Africans and also to some countries. Lagos is the commercial capital city of Nigeria, with a population of 20 million people living in the state, the governor definitely has a lot to do in terms of roads and infrastructure. Gov Akinwunmi Ambode came into power in May 29th, 2015 and he has introduced quite a lot of modern roads to the state. The state is currently undergoing a massive revolution in terms of road networks, from Oshodi to Airport Rd to Lagos-Abeokuta Rd, Ikorodu and the list is endless, Ambode is trying to see Lagos retained its mega city status. Not only is the governor all about roads, he has made sure that the Lagos State Waterways System are working even though people have their reservation boarding ferries but we can say that the LASG is trying his best in this sector and also more stations are under construction. Gov Ambode is also seeing to it that the Lagos Light Rail is completed on time, the light way was started by the former governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola and so far, the rail is in its 75% completion rate.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-AKePgmvZJKc/W1tH5Jf9iFI/AAAAAAAATiY/qnYSoVdnZ2oylXT4xwjLwUqaOed_ljZ6ACLcBGAs/s640/Lagos%2B4.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-LniYOzGlyKI/W1tH6B3mvTI/AAAAAAAATio/pSAx3iFbWdgM4da81KMWfpQaJ6zuI7JwACLcBGAs/s640/lagos%2B5.jpeg[/img]

Disclaimer
While we respect people's political opinion, we try to be as transparent by not having anyone or state as been favorites, our list is as a result of research, travels, and investigation. This has nothing to do with their offices and how they fare in other areas, we believe it's not every time we criticize, there are times we give those in power some Hi-Fives for a job well done.

Do you think we missed out some states? Let's have your take...

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/top-5-governors-who-invested-massively.html

Your research is not complete....how come the Gov of Delta State is not there. There is a nickname for him in Delta, "Mr Roads" Go and do your findings.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Orpe7(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
This Kano roundabout no too large thou
When population increase and car movement, them go begin destroy to rebuild again?
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by galadima77(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
where's Niger state that's celebrating mediocre roundabout and embezzling money in the name of interlocks then insulting us with praises on private radio station set up by his brother that the governor is performing...

When PMB came to Niger to commission golden penny farm and boycotted Minna, they said it's because his (governor's) projects are yet to be ready to be commissioned.... after three whole years? That man na joke!!

i think we should have another thread for worst governors!!
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Ikpongiton: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
kenonze:

Most of the internal road he did are substandard
mention the one d one you say is substandard or keep quiet
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Modarun(m): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
rubish post, no Dankwambo? all this postwes that seat in lagos and assume their underperforming gov is the best are just being. sentimentals, travel and see.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by lordpreceey: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
You see? And my governor here in Delta State is calling himself "Road Master".
Road master that can't feature in top 5 governor's that invested massively in road infrastructure, is that one a road master?

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Hisxellency: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Op... I didn't see Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state in that your list.... That dude should be no one when it comes to road construction.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Ikpongiton: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
udom emmanuel should be in that list.or else .......
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by ojsmscom(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
IF GOVERNOR UMAHI OF EBONYI IS NOT THERE THEN YOU HAVE LIED

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by samopeyemi: 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take? Lets hear from you

See more of their various projects here..

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/top-5-governors-who-invested-massively.html

You missed Ogun state out of the list. If there is anything Amosun has done, it's massive development of roads and several flyovers in the state. Even though most of the projects are concentrated in abeokuta, other parts still have a little to hold onto. For the past 7 years he's been governor, his major achievement has been road construction and I think if proper survey were done, he'll be among top 5

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Yinkagbo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
onyxo76:
bro's that's what they said o, that the repair of the road is nor within the jurisdiction of the ife central local govt

Let me school you, that road is federal government road, like road from Sabo to road 7.....the road from Sabo to road 7,was in in terrible conditions when aregbe willingly want to repair the road but he was stopped from doing it, but omoworare latter repair part of it so that people can access the road to oau and their residence....also road from bambibayo to parkin was done by aregbe......infact in Mondakeke, where dey vote enmass for aregbe, they are not enjoying what ile ife are enjoying.... Have you ask yourself why omisore could not knock apc down Patapata in ife during last election, it's becos of all these roads that people appreciate that make dem to vote for aregbe.......am ife born that's why I know all these

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Horus(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TROdFQgJ9U

See How Far Lagos Has Gone On Oshodi, International Airport, Ojokoro Roads Re-construction

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Myself2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
michae1004:
Osun should never have been included in the list. Osun roads are the worst on the planet.

I agree with you.Aregbe Rascal ought not to have been governor,never

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by mightyfacts: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm also from osun state(modakeke).
Osun is having one of the best road network in the country, right from the days of Akande, Oyin and Aregbe, except you never visit other states to know the state of the road compared to others.
The major area I think Aregbe is doing poorly is Education.
Those saying amosun, abeg, which road are you referring to, is it the same tens of uncompleted roads from ijebu to sagam, ofada to ifo, rounder to ilaro?
The only road that guy is active on is that of Oke Mosan/Kuto axis.
So who did Onikolobo to Post Office? Ibara to Sapon? Lafenwa to Sapon to Olorunsogo etc.
The man tried for road within Abeokuta.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Olaka17(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Wic wike?

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Ikpongiton: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
ionsman:

He's being truthful. Why do you people revel in bare-faced lies? Shuuuuuu!
u may hate wike,like i also do, but in the area of road construction,give it to him .
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by mightyfacts: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
samopeyemi:

You missed Ogun state out of the list. If there is anything Amosun has done, it's massive development of roads and several flyovers in the state. Even though most of the projects are concentrated in abeokuta, other parts still have a little to hold onto. For the past 7 years he's been governor, his major achievement has been road construction and I think if proper survey were done, he'll be among top 5
I so much agree with you. Abeokuta roads are wonderful
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
fake list...if Ebonyi and Enugu no de here then is 100% fake,that I'm sure
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Yinkagbo(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Edumare bless you. I don't really move much in Ife as my engagements there only revolves around ondo road modakeke and ife-ibadan expressway so i know about the majesty of the Gbongan interchange. However, i've heard glowing tales of what Aregbe did with roads and other infrastructure

cc: onyxo76

Bro d guy really tried his best,but many of our people are so wicked, they always find means to bring someone down just becos of politics........during oyinlola regime I was in ife when rain fell and a building at Saint David's collapsed and many student including student were dead, people were cursing pdp, that if they had built new building that that incident would not have happened... Fast forward aregbe became governor, he started building modern school to good taste that pdp couldn't build for past 8years....instead of my people to appreciate it,they are saying the school is too big,which students he want to put inside those school,it is too fine to use as school.... Shai poverty na disease...... If he had embezzled the money,without doing anything, what will me and you do? Nothing.......i know aregbe na thief also.. Lol.. But he tried his best... Shekina

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
What’s AREGBESOLA doing there..??

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Smarkie: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
very partial list. gov ugwuanyi that is repairing federal roads with the state money deserve a spot
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by OlujobaSamuel: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
mightyfacts:

So who did Onikolobo to Post Office? Ibara to Sapon? Lafenwa to Sapon to Olorunsogo etc.
The man tried for road within Abeokuta.
Ogun state is not just about Abk, we have so many other places with no touch of the govt.
I'm not from the state so its not like I having issues because the development never reached my side of the town, I live in lag but work and move through Ogun towns, I recently deleted a pix of one of his scam at Agbara axis(Lusada to Igbesa), granite was spread on a portion of a very bad road, and a plaque was erected for the commissioning, yet there is no sign of ongoing project(no truck, catterpillar, sand, granite, workers, tent) on the road after about 2weeks.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Mosun8220: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
michae1004:
Osun should never have been included in the list. Osun roads are the worst on the planet.
You must be a PDP member

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by AridunuThomas: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

Ogun state is not just about Abk, we have so many other places with no touch of the govt.
I'm not from the state so its not like I having issues because the development never reached my side of the town, I live in lag but work and move through Ogun towns, I recently deleted a pix of one of his scam at Agbara axis(Lusada to Igbesa), granite was spread on a portion of a very bad road, and a plaque was erected for the commissioning, yet there is no sign of ongoing project(no truck, catterpillar, sand, granite, workers, tent) on the road after about 2weeks.

God bless you for correcting the people who thinks Ogun State stops in Abeokuta. A governor doing bridge where their is no traffic while abandoning Akute and Ojodu area, is that one governor? 7 years and only road he did in the richest local government is Ilo Awela Road. Shior

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by mrinsurer: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
Rochas should be number 1...forget the hate
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by deomelo: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Edumare bless you. I don't really move much in Ife as my engagements there only revolves around ondo road modakeke and ife-ibadan expressway so i know about the majesty of the Gbongan interchange. However, i've heard glowing tales of what Aregbe did with roads and other infrastructure

cc: onyxo76

Gov. Aregbesola's Massive Transformation Of The State Of Osun. PICS.

https://www.nairaland.com/4242672/gov-aregbesolas-massive-transformation-state

I have everything documented here.

Aregbe delivered more projects and infrastructures than many regions in Nigeria combined.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Jonathan's House In Otuoke Where He Will Be Retiring To / The Caption For This Tinubu Photo Is Hilarious / Light Goes Off As Fashola Climbs Podium To Give Speech At Eko Hotel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.