Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States (87810 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / 10 Former Governors Who May Suffer Orji Uzor Kalu’s Fate / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Ikpongiton: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
mrvitalis:

Are you high? What road had wike done?
I mean major road... Ameachi paid for transamadi and close roads in that area
crazy man,where do you live?have you not heard of or seen woji,elelenwo,akpajo ring road?now,check oil mill junction,akpajo rd.should i continue ?
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Shukuakukobambi: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
deomelo:

I have everything documented here.

Aregbe delivered more projects and infrastructures than many regions in Nigeria combined.

I believe you jare omo iyami wink

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
Where is Dave Umahi.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by DjCandyMusic(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
it's Untill you come to Ogun state you will realize that Gov ibikunle Amosun has really invested in road and overhead �

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by aninweze(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Enugu and Ebonyi got some good roads...I travel a lot...can't say if the roads are Federal or State... But they got some good roads
Yea, Please holla @ ur Fan when next u are in Abakaliki.

Lol
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by phr33man(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nigeria is blessed with abundant resources and mental capabilities. Nigeria has 36 states with the Federal Capital Territory, making it 37. Out of these 37 states, one can hardly boast of 10 states which have good road networks. There are some states you have to ask if there exist any governmental presence around this area despite the allocations and all sorts, some roads are death traps that you won't wish your enemies pass through. While some may argue that the IGR of some states is very low unlike some states with mega IGR, we have seen some states who have surpassed this excuses and have done excellently well.

The list is compiled without any political undertone, favors or whatsoever, the list is compiled based on research, fact-finding and based on the recommendation of people living in these states. While it is difficult to see governors without one form of weakness in one way or the other, these ones have stood out and are worthy of mention.

5. Gov Willie Obiano (Anambra)

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SW3nuyK0FYc/W1tF1-_NyFI/AAAAAAAATgk/GnYoXnOkKsc6nbciNpzvBPN9ORWWETsOgCLcBGAs/s640/ana2.jpg[/img]

Gov Willie can best be described as a lone ranger. He is the only governor in his party (APGA). Obiano can best be described as a silent achiever and he has held up the helms of the government so well. According to reports, Obiano constructed three flyovers with seven bridges without borrowing and doesn't wait for FG before he pays workers salary. Anambra state can best be described as a state with low IGR as 50-60% of its populace are mostly traders who specialized in buying and selling of goods but despite this, the state government has to perform beyond expectations in the area of roads and infrastructure at least within his ability. AutoReportNG still believes there needs more to be done in this regards but in all, he deserves some accolades.

4. Gov Rauf Aregbesola (Osun)

[img]https://2.bp..com/-LxtygBr-ojk/W1tGrCOwIYI/AAAAAAAAThM/t5EDteN_MUoRyhj1qEkG_O5tb9TqFP2zACLcBGAs/s640/osun%2B44.jpg[/img]

Osun state is located in South West and it is a land that's close to the Yorubas. They believe its a state where the Yoruba race emanates from. Osun state is one of the historic tourism states in Nigeria and that's why the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre. Despite having this recognition from an international body, it is expedient that the roads leading to these locations are in good shape motorable and that's where the state comes in. Gov Aregbesola been a civil engineer himself as done well in the area of road constructions across the state, from bridges to layaways to flyover, Aregbesola definitely knows his onions. Places like Oshogbo which is that state capital to Ede and to other remote parts of the states have been touched. Why some may feel he has not done enough of which we respect their opinions and see to that, but he is still better to compare to other states.

3. Gov Nyesom Wike (Rivers)

[img]https://1.bp..com/-YI96BhHJCvQ/W1tHKeQhDQI/AAAAAAAATho/Vds4r5jbgdg3ODZ8mUKUfmo1bpg-uTNoACLcBGAs/s640/ph.jpg[/img]

Gov Wike is popularly called Mr. Project so as to know he means business. Wike is a man who you love to hate. While many have criticized his style of government but he seems not back-down in his bid to develop the state. He made it a point of duty to commission at least 2 roads in a month, that's for a man that is not relenting. In April, he commissioned 34 projects in a day. Why many may disagree that not much is been done in this regards, we felt he deserved a spot in this compilation. It is worthy of note that Rivers is among the top states in terms of IGR for the state so the state is capable to build and construct roads without looking up to FG.

2. Gov Ganduje (Kano)

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fHOq5RFSy24/W1tHfGNehjI/AAAAAAAATh8/9K3wvstYCxcliDjrCzCSsJaFXc2zU0RIACLcBGAs/s640/kano%2B4.jpg[/img]

Kano state is being termed the Commerce capital of Nigeria. With a population of 15 million Nigerians, the state has a lot to do in terms of infrastructure and road constructions and the man at the helms of affairs has been holding it down. A visit to Kano will show you lots of on-going roadworks across the state, from the monorail to the flyovers and then to some major roads, the governor has tried within his best to see to it that the state is motorable and it remains investors hub.

1. Gov Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos)

[img]https://2.bp..com/-P25r_ZjHxwg/W1tH1NS2C_I/AAAAAAAATiU/S6YjKy9MKFs3QKrCxM7MEbuIGmyu7_lMQCLcBGAs/s640/la.jpg[/img]

Gov. Ambode needs no introduction to Nigerians, Africans and also to some countries. Lagos is the commercial capital city of Nigeria, with a population of 20 million people living in the state, the governor definitely has a lot to do in terms of roads and infrastructure. Gov Akinwunmi Ambode came into power in May 29th, 2015 and he has introduced quite a lot of modern roads to the state. The state is currently undergoing a massive revolution in terms of road networks, from Oshodi to Airport Rd to Lagos-Abeokuta Rd, Ikorodu and the list is endless, Ambode is trying to see Lagos retained its mega city status. Not only is the governor all about roads, he has made sure that the Lagos State Waterways System are working even though people have their reservation boarding ferries but we can say that the LASG is trying his best in this sector and also more stations are under construction. Gov Ambode is also seeing to it that the Lagos Light Rail is completed on time, the light way was started by the former governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola and so far, the rail is in its 75% completion rate.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-AKePgmvZJKc/W1tH5Jf9iFI/AAAAAAAATiY/qnYSoVdnZ2oylXT4xwjLwUqaOed_ljZ6ACLcBGAs/s640/Lagos%2B4.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-LniYOzGlyKI/W1tH6B3mvTI/AAAAAAAATio/pSAx3iFbWdgM4da81KMWfpQaJ6zuI7JwACLcBGAs/s640/lagos%2B5.jpeg[/img]

Disclaimer
While we respect people's political opinion, we try to be as transparent by not having anyone or state as been favorites, our list is as a result of research, travels, and investigation. This has nothing to do with their offices and how they fare in other areas, we believe it's not every time we criticize, there are times we give those in power some Hi-Fives for a job well done.

Do you think we missed out some states? Let's have your take...

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/top-5-governors-who-invested-massively.html

This is not will I say complete /correct because GBURU-GBURU (Ifeanyi Ngwanyi) Enugu state Governor is not in the list.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by deomelo: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
jiboladhino:
I hate to say this but you are one of those people who we call d**b**s

Excuse his ignorance and idiocy.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Betapikin101: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Yaya Bello no dey make this kind of list.shior undecided
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by mightyfacts: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

Ogun state is not just about Abk, we have so many other places with no touch of the govt.
I'm not from the state so its not like I having issues because the development never reached my side of the town, I live in lag but work and move through Ogun towns, I recently deleted a pix of one of his scam at Agbara axis(Lusada to Igbesa), granite was spread on a portion of a very bad road, and a plaque was erected for the commissioning, yet there is no sign of ongoing project(no truck, catterpillar, sand, granite, workers, tent) on the road after about 2weeks.
That's why I said the man tried within Abeokuta
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Imustreturn(m): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
ayarandy:
VERY UNFAIR NOT TO MENTION THE FORMER UNCOMMON GOVERNOR NOW AN UNCOMMON SENATOR! LIKE HIM OR NOT HE DELIVERED THAT SECTOR
apkabio him self. That man finish work
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by michae1004: 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
[s]
jiboladhino:
I hate to say this but you are one of those people who we call d**b**s
[/s]

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by deomelo: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
swagagolic01:

You know that's not true, if it's only road projects, wike should actually be number one here

Don't stand by what you can not prove with facts. His roads are worthless and substandard.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by chuklesley02(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
You failed to mention Gov.Ta'al of Nasarawa State. That dude is changing d landscape of his state....

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by TEODIN: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
Wike is no 1 in road construction...any list that does not put him in no 1 is wrong
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by otokx(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
TEODIN:
Wike is no 1 in road construction...any list that does not put him in no 1 is wrong

Landlord travel and see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by sakaman23(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
am impressed though
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by ubikings: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Where is my Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, we call him the road master. Road construction cut across the 25 LGA of Delta State.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by swagagolic01(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
deomelo:

Don't stand by what you can not prove with facts. His roads are worthless and substandard.

Don't ever quote me again, take your useless views else where

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by deomelo: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
[s]
swagagolic01:

Don't ever quote me again, take your useless views else where
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by onyxo76(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
Yinkagbo:

Let me school you, that road is federal government road, like road from Sabo to road 7.....the road from Sabo to road 7,was in in terrible conditions when aregbe willingly want to repair the road but he was stopped from doing it, but omoworare latter repair part of it so that people can access the road to oau and their residence....also road from bambibayo to parkin was done by aregbe......infact in Mondakeke, where dey vote enmass for aregbe, they are not enjoying what ile ife are enjoying.... Have you ask yourself why omisore could not knock apc down Patapata in ife during last election, it's becos of all these roads that people appreciate that make dem to vote for aregbe.......am ife born that's why I know all these
no problem at least I know better but still I would appreciate that something is done to the road, it's really becoming something else these days
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by umuihe(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
I think Lagos State government has done very poorly in terms of inner roads construction and maintenance. Some of the worst set of roads are found in the Egbeda axis. Most roads at Unity Estate (Zone 2) in Egbeda Idimu are completely unmotorable. There has been no government attention to them in the last 4 years!
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by swagagolic01(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Let's compare wike with your state Governor, who's your governor?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Jerrypolo(m): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
kenonze:

He tried but messed things up by abandoning strategic Fed roads.
Unlike Amechi. Although he is patching some sections of Aba road
That Aba road is gut wrenching!!!.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Jerrypolo(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
ubikings:
Where is my Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, we call him the road master. Road construction cut across the 25 LGA of Delta State.

Yeah.

But till date, hate him or love him, vilify him or not, Ibori remains the best thing that has happened to Delta state in terms of Government!!!.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Ikpongiton: 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
deliveryboy:
Wike is patching roads and filling potholes, there are many roads that needs to be dualized. Also, the Eleme junction/Oyigbo road has no business being dilapidated considering the population of Oyigbo. Lastly, it's the road that leads from Port Harcourt to .Aba/Umuahia/Enugu.
you're a hearsayer.there is nothing like eleme junction-oyigbo rd .the roads on ground are eleme junction-igbo etche rd,which he has done,though not dualised,but very good.the other one is aba-port harcourt expressway,which is a federal road.try to be factful.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Yinkagbo(m): 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
onyxo76:
no problem at least I know better but still I would appreciate that something is done to the road, it's really becoming something else these days
That road is giving me headache too,cos I have transport bus in town which this road has done a lot of damages to.....these are just repair that omisore can help his people to do, and to say the fact omisore contributed to why the road is like that....he was awarded contract to dualise the road from Mayfair-lagere-oni palace-olofin bank-Moore-garage Ilesa-aladanla-oauthc-opa-osu, but after working little on the road he abandon it and thus spoil the road in his home town that he collected money for the contract........we voted for him last election base on to have our town person to be governor not that we like him like that..... Lol...let me speak for myself Sha.....

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Gov wike should be no2 if not no1 in dat list almost every week u hear him commissioning one road or the other in rivers state and these projects are not just hearsay but i witnessed many of them around my area. Imagine mile 3 market road before wike intervened and after his intervention
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Ikpongiton: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
akpabio must be included in that list.
is udom emmanuel not akpabio,sir.
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by wink2015(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2018
xpool:
If Okowa of Delta state is not there, then you did not do any research.
Okowa's most popular project is road construction.

Arrant nonsense!

You must be high on codeine and tramadol.

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa is just destroying residency's along Effurun/Warri/Sapele road to create drainage.

Is Scatter and build culture by both. Uduaghan and okowa an achievement.

Thank God! Politicians like governor Okowa can not smell second term due to poor performance during this his first term tenure.

Governor Okowa should forget politics and face his medical profession which is his true calling.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by maasoap(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
michae1004:
Osun should never have been included in the list. Osun roads are the worst on the planet.

Tell me any state in Nigeria where there are no bad roads. Saying Osun states roads are the worst in Nigeria is not fair at all.
BTW: the title of the thread says the top 5 governors that invested in roads construction and not the top 5 states with the best roads

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
afroniger:

That is the trumpet bridge in Osun, located at Gbongan. See other views of the interchange and another one he also built in his state. The guy tried.
pls

is the second image taken from space
Re: Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States by deomelo: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
swagagolic01:

Let's compare wike with your state Governor, who's your governor?

Ambode is my governor, but I'll compare with Aregbesola in Osun state.

Oya, let's go, Aregbe against Wike, and the whole of SE AND SS combined.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ahmed Gulak Shot Dead In Owerri / Jonathan's House In Otuoke Where He Will Be Retiring To / The Caption For This Tinubu Photo Is Hilarious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.