Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey (1157 Views)

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? / Oprah Winfrey Opens Church, Founds Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by monosetale: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
Oprah winfrey believed to be amongst the most influential entertainers on earth. Has a congregation of millions which is made of woman mainly that she preaches self-esteem to. Her teachings are a combination of mysticism, new-age and Christianity. She forgets that the human heart is exceedingly wicked (jer 17:9) telling them to follow their hearts and believe in themselves. Jesus said clearly “I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the father but by me. Oprah said “ there couldn’t possibly be one way to what we call God” who do you think is right Jesus who says there is but one way or Oprah who says there are countless ways.

A seminar hosted by Oprah and Eckhart Tolle some time ago, where Oprah was heard in a response to a viewer’s question she talked about her being caught in the thought of God being jealous of her because the minister at her church then said God was a jealous God. I would love her to know that God isn’t jealous of her new Bentley car, mansion or diamond ring. What the jealous there was about is like you owning a pet which with all the love and affection you show to it, the pet is rebellious and would rather go to your neighbor or enemy. She talks so much about luxury goods which many people can’t afford telling them by desiring it enough one could get it i.e. promoting the spirit of lust. Romans 12:2 says “And be not conformed to this world:  but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God”. No body’s perfect I agree but it’s different from trying (purposely I suppose) to turn the bible into what it isn’t from a God breathed book to a mare fictional novel. Like Oprah’s doing. i figured i wouldn't read this article and ignore it. check out the complete article the link's below.

To read this complete article, proofs and post comments you can check out this link. http://www.piblox.com/apps/blog/show/3966221-why-christians-shouldn-t-watch-oprah-winfrey . I can’t tell you what to watch on T.V, but do we really need this madness called JET-AGE
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by Jenwitemi(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
monosetale:

Oprah winfrey believed to be amongst the most influential entertainers on earth. Has a congregation of millions which is made of woman mainly that she preaches self-esteem to. Her teachings are a combination of mysticism, new-age and Christianity. She forgets that the human heart is exceedingly wicked (jer 17:9) telling them to follow their hearts and believe in themselves. Jesus said clearly “I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the father but by me. Oprah said “ there couldn’t possibly be one way to what we call God” who do you think is right Jesus who says there is but one way or Oprah who says there are countless ways.

Those words of jesus could be interpreted as meaning exactly the same thing as what Oprah said about believing oneself if Jesus is seen as the representation of every human being. This would then be interpreted thus; Every man is the way. Every man is the truth. Every man is the life. No man cometh unto the father but by himself. Now, if you ask me, that points to the self seeking of salvation as preached by the bible itself.
So therefore, Oprah can be said to have not said anything that contradicted the teachings of Jesus. The problem lies in the interpretations.
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by Mudley313: 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
why are u christians so intolerant of the views of others like your muslim brothers? this is the 21st century not the stone age, get over it
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by Chiddysville(m): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
@Poster,
Pls tell me the difference between you and that suicide bomber in Afghanistan who believes he is doing it in the name of God. Since you don't like the jet-age, i believe there are still some caves uninhabited in Nigeria. pls just simply relocate there and stop disturbing people who are not only enjoying their God given freedom but also excercising their God giving will.
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by monosetale: 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2010
@chiddyville , look you can critisize me all you want but i don't see how you can convince me that what JESUS said clearly that he is the only way to GOD and oprah saying there are many ways to what we call GOD to mean the same. she even encourages same sex , and alots more. guy don't your senses be confused. abeg
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by Jenwitemi(m): 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2010
monosetale:

@chiddyville , look you can critisize me all you want but i don't see how you can convince me that what JESUS said clearly that he is the only way to GOD and oprah saying there are many ways to what we call GOD to mean the same. she even encourages same sex , and a lots more. guy don't your senses be confused. abeg
How can you prove that that was what Jesus said or meant? Were you there? NO! That is just your own interpretation.
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by monosetale: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
@jenwitemi,
i can't prove it but the bible can i.e if you have a copy or better still go to that website i put in there to read the full article and links with videos
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by Jenwitemi(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
monosetale:

@jenwitemi,
  i can't prove it but the bible can i.e if you have a copy or better still go to that website i put in there to read the full article and links with videos

The bible is a corrupted fifth hand source of information. Get yourself the original ancient texts that contain that statement made by Jesus, read it, then come and preach to us here. Until then, you have no valid ground to make the claim about what Jesus said and meant, and what he did not.
Re: Why Christians Shouldn't Watch Oprah Winfrey by Rhino3dm: 6:10am On Jun 20, 2010
@ poster.
pls. stop exposing the real side ur s called religion of truth. what happen to those who came before jesus?. are they all going to hell?. that statement can never be a general statement, or then it most be wrongly review or edited. for you to say that moses,noah,jacob, are going to hell!. cos they all never heard about jesus christ is very disturbing to me. I stand to be corrected pls.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Urged To Resign At 70 / A Young Man Working In The Army,constantly Humiliated / NASA Finds Message From God On Mars- Fiction!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.