Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Overcoming Indigestion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Overcoming Indigestion (440 Views)

Help I Get Severe Indigestion Everytime I Eat Cooked Beans !!! / Pls Help Me I've Been Battling With Indigestion / Indigestion - Symptoms, Causes And Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Indigestion by Uranus1: 1:47am On Jul 29, 2018
We eat that we can have the energy needed to carry out daily activities. For that to happen, digestion must take place.
But, most of us battle with ‘indigestion’.
What is this term, and how can we overcome it with natural remedies?
Indigestion is an unpleasant feeling, such as pain in the stomach, one has caused by difficulty in digesting food.
From that definition, it can make even the simplest activity, such as mopping the floor, impossible.
It is not advisable to take pills all the time. Using natural remedies will best improve your health because even the pills you take are made from nature.

1. Ginger
Ginger is the oldest and most popular home remedy for curing indigestion. And, in fact, it is cheaper to purchase.
Yes, the sole reason ginger has proven to be one the most effective remedies is because it contains gingerols and shogaol, natural chemicals are proven to relax the muscles found in the digestive system.

2. Baking Soda
Due to high levels of the acids found in the stomach, we have often experience indigestion.
Baking soda has also proven to work perfectly since it is an antacid, releasing carbon dioxide gas which helps provide relief from indigestion through belching.

3. Chamomile
Lab scientists have also proven that chamomile helps to reduce indigestion by calming the stomach and facilitates in relaxing painful contraction of muscles.

4. Honey
This natural remedy is well known for its performance in curing different pains. In the case of indigestion the mineral, like potassium, help neutralize the acids in your stomach, thus curing indigestion.

5. Peppermint
This natural home remedy contains menthol, known to have cooling and soothing effects, thus helping to aid digestion by relaxing the muscles.

6. Coconut Oil
Because it contains lauric and capric acids and its ability to digest quickly, it is proven that it cures indigestion.

https://www.nigerialog.com/health/overcoming-indigestion/new/#new

(1) (Reply)

Keke Napep Rider's Wife Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Anambra / What Your Doctor Will Never Tell You About This Nuts / Promise Is A Debt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.