Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie (16371 Views)

Theo Somolu And Folake Olowofoyeku To Star In Disney’s 'Mufasa' / BBNaija: Princess Gives K.Brule A Handjob In Front Of Other Housemates / Bitto Touches Princess In Bed, Big Brother Invites Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by czarina(f): 10:10am On Jul 29, 2018
Chuvin22:

Moana is not an African princess?
Google "Polynesian"

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:10am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:
This is sad.

we should be doing this, not Disney

better let asians do it...asians still have respect for you somehow...

dont allow whites to do anything for you....

or even better do it yourself....

btw....we already have african princeses movies in nollywood.....we dont need disney for that......
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2018
ChizzyMaris:
Nice one. But how about we tell a true African story instead of pure fiction?
my thoughts exactly, I guess there are parts of the true African story that implicates them so they would rather stick with fiction.I for one was not a fan of black panther.

2 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:16am On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:

better let asians do it...asians still have respect for you somehow...

dont allow whites to do anything for you....

or even better do it yourself....

btw....we already have african princeses movies in nollywood.....we dont need disney for that......
Asians are even worse racists bruh. but that's not even the point .

The point is that the movie production should have been indigenous so as to boost our global reputation. Japanese Animes are watched globally, Indian drama is mainstream, even the Koreans has entered the game with K Pop.

Yet here we are....watching Marvel and Disney take over what we should utilize....
and some folks are proud of it

2 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2018
frenzyduchess:
my thoughts exactly, I guess there are parts of the true African story that implicates them so they would rather stick with fiction.I for one was not a fan of black panther.

wakanda nonesense.....
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:18am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

The point is that the movie production should have been indigenous so as to boost our global reputation. Japanese Animes are watched globally, Indian drama is mainstream, even the Koreans has entered the game with K Pop.

Yet here we are....watching Marvel and Disney take over what we should utilize....

i disagree with you on that....

it doesnt matter....

we already have movies of princeses in nollywood...we dont need whites for anything....
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Encoreunltd(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2018
mightguy:
This whites knows how to get to us. They ave turned their attention on us. Sade. Black panther.. What's gonna be next?

Ibinabo the serpent girl.

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

go watch afro samurai...that was from japan....

asians dont hate you that much as you think....

they just hate your white whorship....disgusting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykZmVBylrc

2 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by frankmoney(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

it takes a whole lot to produce a 3D movie , you need an army of professionals and I doubt if we have any standard studio in africa
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Jethrolite(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2018
kennygee:
They are capitalizing on the success of Black Panther. Now everyone wants to do an African story, make una leave our Dark continent o.
You're sounding crude, why?
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2018
frankmoney:
it takes a whole lot to produce a 3D movie , you need an army of professionals and I doubt if we have any standard studio in africa

we are not good in movie producing....just facts.....

whites use years to produce a movie....

we use only weeks...

we have no patience.....

2 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:29am On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:

i disagree with you on that....

it doesnt matter....

we already have movies of princeses in nollywood...we dont need whites for anything....
Mate, our Nollywood "princesses" stories are one dimensional, boring and to be honest, totally shyte.
Entertainment isn't about "needing" anyone or anything. it's for fun

will Disney's movie be more interesting than Nollywood's "princesses"? I'll bet my nonexistent billions that the answer will be a solid yes

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
You're sounding crude, why?

That's the intention.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:32am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

Mate, our Nollywood "princesses" stories are one dimensional, boring and to be honest, totally shyte.
Entertainment isn't about "needing" anyone or anything. it's for fun

will Disney's movie be more interesting than Nollywood's "princesses"? I'll bet my nonexistent billions that the answer will be a solid yes

thats not true...

we have some nice movies too...but we concentrate more on drama and interacting...thats not a bad thing actualy.....

we concetrate on the human part than special effects....
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:33am On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:

go watch afro samurai...that was from japan....

asians dont hate you that much as you think....

they just hate your white whorship....disgusting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykZmVBylrc
There has been numerous documented cases of blatant racism shown to Africans by the Asian, no anime will change that.

And the white worshippers isn't limited to Africans. South Koreans are even worse. in India, dark skinned folks are legit segregated. It's everywhere .
heck, even the Japanese make a lot of references to Brittania, N. America and Europe

4 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2018
frankmoney:
I once watched a trailer of a Sango 3D cartoon made by a Nigerian studio, in 2016 I think ...

Yet, till now, no movie.

And given the global age we're in now, is it so hard to outsource and hire freelancers
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Legendri18(m): 10:38am On Jul 29, 2018
I think black panther set the pace for using African culture and heritage.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:39am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

There has been numerous documented cases of blatant racism shown to Africans by the Asian, no anime will change that.

And the white worshippers isn't limited to Africans. South Koreans are even worse. in India, dark skinned folks are legit segregated. It's everywhere .
heck, even the Japanese make a lot of references to Brittania, N. America and Europe

yea...i understand you....i get you....

look...am just waying options...is not that i trust asians either......

but whites completly hate you in your black skin....

asians,well asians not that much....

you are just strange to them thats all...you look different,you think different,ofcourse they dont trust you that much...its natural....

but whites hate you completly...!!!!...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:

thats not true...

we have some nice movies too...but we concentrate more on drama and interacting...thats not a bad thing actualy.....

we concetrate on the human part than special effects....
grin
The human parts themselves are predictable, the drama is stale and the ending is always, ALWAYS, predictable.

Can you mention just one movie based on kingdoms that doesn't end with someone begging for forgiveness, happily ever after and "to God be the glory".....

We don't even have sensible special effects, Special effects in Nollywood makes me cringe.

3 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:

yea...i understand you....i get you....

look...am just waying options...is not that i trust asians either......

but whites completly hate you in your black skin....

asians,well asians not that much....

you are just strange to them thats all...you look different,you think different,ofcourse they dont trust you that much...its natural....

but whites hate you completly...!!!!...
grin.
You don't have a slave who always does your bidding bro.

you just despise it.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Jethrolite(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2018
kennygee:

That's the intention.
My dear you've set a standard, maintain it. No come de behave like some of when be like say our crase get switch. It's your life though. I'm only suggesting.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

grin
The human parts themselves are predictable, the drama is stale and the ending is always, ALWAYS, predictable.

Can you mention just one movie based on kingdoms that doesn't end with someone begging for forgiveness, happily ever after and "to God be the glory".....

We don't even have sensible special effects, Special effects in Nollywood makes me cringe.

this is black peoples nature...we act in movies the way we are....nollywood bore me too...dont misunderstand me...

i watch mostly comedy nollywood movies.....

they are very good actualy.....

you are awaiting to see special effects....but you dont always need special effects....

special effects are just tricks to deceive the eyes...nothing special.....
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by frankmoney(m): 10:50am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

I once watched a trailer of a Sango 3D cartoon made by a Nigerian studio, in 2016 I think ...

Yet, till now, no movie.

And given the global age we're in now, is it so hard to outsource and hire freelancers
yea seen that video , they used more of motion capture . Disney and Pixar use keyframe based animation for more flexibility and you need a real good professional for that . But to do a standard animated movie , I think the major thing is funds , with the right budget you can hire people
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by kay29000(m): 10:50am On Jul 29, 2018
mightguy:
This whites knows how to get to us. They ave turned their attention on us. Sade. Black panther.. What's gonna be next?

The movie adaption of Tomi Adeyemi's Children of Blood and Bone... That movie is going to be like the next Harry Potter.

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by eyinjuege: 10:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Is it the movie Emmanuella- that funny girl is featuring in?
It would be nice

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by kay29000(m): 10:56am On Jul 29, 2018
kennygee:
They are capitalizing on the success of Black Panther. Now everyone wants to do an African story, make una leave our Dark continent o.

Yeah, you are right but I think it is a good thing. Tomi Adeyemi's book, Children of Blood and Bone is about to be made into a movie...with big budget like Harry Potter or Hunger Games. The reason I am excited about this is, unlike Black Panther that has just made up stuff about fictional Africa, her book uses the Yoruba language, Yoruba traditional gods and all that.

2 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by sulasa07(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
post=69798516:
Good DEVELOPMENT. Anything Disney touch becomes GOLD. We are so looking forward to it.
Africa is dust all d while.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by sulasa07(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
post=69798516:
Good DEVELOPMENT. Anything Disney touch becomes GOLD. We are so looking forward to it.
So,Africa is dust all this while.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
frankmoney:
yea seen that video , they used more of motion capture . Disney and Pixar use keyframe based animation for more flexibility and you need a real good professional for that . But to do a standard animated movie , I think the major thing is funds , with the right budget you can hire people
Hmm.....
And no movie production company has thought it right to sponsor just one animation?

kai
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2018
kay29000:

Yeah, you are right but I think it is a good thing. Tomi Adeyemi's book, Children of Blood and Bone is about to be made into a movie...with big budget like Harry Potter or Hunger Games. The reason I am excited about this is, unlike Black Panther that has just made up stuff about fictional Africa, her book uses the Yoruba language, Yoruba traditional gods and all that.
How is Zelie Amali and Inan traditional Yoruba African names.

I loved that book though.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by kay29000(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2018
Diso60090:

Then was our gain?

Increased foreign exchange gotten from tourism (a lot of African Americans have started traveling down to spend holidays here since after Black Panther's success), positive light on Africa as a whole, etc.

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
My dear you've set a standard, maintain it. No come de behave like some of when be like say our crase get switch. It's your life though. I'm only suggesting.

Sometimes, you just want to be weird.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The History Of Nollywood: Nigeria's Mega Film Industry / Dotun Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija Level Up House. / Big Dreams Talent House: Kelly Sampa Holds Culinary Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.