Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie (16368 Views)

Theo Somolu And Folake Olowofoyeku To Star In Disney’s 'Mufasa' / BBNaija: Princess Gives K.Brule A Handjob In Front Of Other Housemates / Bitto Touches Princess In Bed, Big Brother Invites Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Diso60090(m): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2018
kay29000:

Increased foreign exchange gotten from tourism (a lot of African Americans have started traveling down to spend holidays here since after Black Panther's success), positive light on Africa as a whole, etc.

Tourism come where?
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Gmajor(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2018
czarina:
Like Marvels like Disney. Time to ripoff blacks everywhere with another overrated nonsense. And many will still fall, because they're "Helping promote Africa and her culture"

Stay Woke.
I swear. Black panther is so overrated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by kay29000(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

How is Zelie Amali and Inan traditional Yoruba African names.

I loved that book though.

I'm not talking about the names she used. I'm talking about the theme... she used traditional Nigerian gods (Orishas) and sorcery, not made up stuff. The girl grew up in America, so she is a little more American than Nigerian, but I like that she asked her parents about the Yoruba culture/language and incorporated some Yoruba/Nigerian stuff in it. You have read the book... you want to say you didn't feel connected to some words she used, unlike Black Panther that was purely fictional.

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Gmajor(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2018
The Princess from the Disney movie - the Princess and the frog, is she not black?

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Jethrolite(m): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2018
kennygee:

Sometimes, you just want to be weird.
Lol, I understand.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by frankmoney(m): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

Hmm.....
And no movie production company has thought it right to sponsor just one animation?

kai
I wonder same o . A good animation with a good storyline , is a goldmine . The profit will be too much , I guess they are just scared of trying
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Outofsync(m): 11:29am On Jul 29, 2018
kay29000:

I'm not talking about the names she used. I'm talking about the theme... she used traditional Nigerian gods (Orishas) and sorcery, not made up stuff. The girl grew up in America, so she is a little more American than Nigerian, but I like that she asked her parents about the Yoruba culture/language and incorporated some Yoruba/Nigerian stuff in it. You have read the book... you want to say you didn't feel connected to some words she used, unlike Black Panther that was purely fictional.
I didn't realize she grew up overseas, the ami inclusion on her name took me away.
Although, in retrospect, that makes more sense, a lot more sense.

2 Likes

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2018
czarina:
Google "Polynesian"

We saying the same thing nah
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Sharpshooota: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:
bad idea...they will make her to be a whoree in the movie....

dont allow whites to portray your image.....you will regret it....

whites are your genetical enemies.....

Stop it joor... What about blackpanther...
Disney won't disappoint
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Horus(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2018
The African Princess movie can be produced in Nigeria by Nollywood; why wait for Disney?
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by czarina(f): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2018
Chuvin22:

how are we saying the same thing? You or someone wanted to know if Moana was African, so I suggested you googled "Polynesians". You'll know better or google the movie itself
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by xreal: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2018
Diso60090:

Then was our gain?

Being an African, knowing how big Disney is.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Yonce(f): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2018
Gmajor:
The Princess from the Disney movie - the Princess and the frog, is she not black?

Tiana wasn't African. She was black.

The only African princess in Disney animation is probably Kira. . .Simba's daughter from The Lion King.

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Yonce(f): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Chuvin22:

Moana is not African. That's what she's trying to tell you.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
ChizzyMaris:
Nice one. But how about we tell a true African story instead of pure fiction?

How about they make sure the girl has African hair and features and wears native clothing? And while at it tell an authentic story about a people's beliefs and spirituality? The Yorubas are not scared to delve into their (native) spirituality and culture so my fingers are crossed. Someone I know came over (on an invite from her boyfriend) from the Caribbean and US and wanted to be prayed for by a dibia (her excitement was out of this world). She nearly had a stroke when the traditional priest finished blessing kola, pouring libations and praying for her with "in Jesus' name". She nearly cried and called it mental slavery. Her dressing, hair, discussions, dreams, work, beliefs are all about how to be true to her roots. She got to her roots and was "betrayed".

Well the Carib blacks are one spiritually evolved and African culture loving group shaa. What they would do with our numbers and land!

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
Yonce:

Moana is not African. That's what she's trying to tell you.

Oh.. I just saw whats causing the whole misunderstanding...

The question mark

That was suppose to be a statement/an answer to someone's question... Not a question. Sorry.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
czarina:
how are we saying the same thing? You or someone wanted to know if Moana was African, so I suggested you googled "Polynesians". You'll know better or google the movie itself

Oh.. I just saw whats causing the whole misunderstanding...

The question mark

That was suppose to be a statement/an answer to someone's question... Not a question. Sorry
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Gmajor(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
merahki:

How about they make sure the girl has African hair and features and wears native clothing? And while at it tell an authentic story about a people's beliefs and spirituality? The Yorubas are not scared to delve into their (native) spirituality and culture so my fingers are crossed. Someone I know came over (on an invite from her boyfriend) from the Caribbean and US and wanted to be prayed for by a dibia (her excitement was out of this world). She nearly had a stroke when the traditional priest finished blessing kola, pouring libations and praying for her with "in Jesus' name". She nearly cried and called it mental slavery. Her dressing, hair, discussions, dreams, work, beliefs are all about how to be true to her roots. She got to her roots and was "betrayed".

Well the Carib blacks are one spirituality evolved and African culture loving group shaa. What they would do with our numbers!
Walt Disney doesn't owe Africa anything. They can decide to animate their new Africa princess as a blond with blue eyes.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
Gmajor:

Walt Disney doesn't owe Africa anything. They can decide to animate their new Africa princess as a blond with blue eyes.

Then that would tantamount to fraud... Even they are not willing to fabricate such because they wouldn't live to survive the backlash from all angles...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by JastSiryin(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Lomprico2:
They are only after profit! After what black panther grossed, they want to hit big with another african inspired movie. In truth they don't really care about Africa.
But wait! why should they care when we don't even care about ourselves
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
skallion7:
Nigerian princess instead of African princess
And Nigeria is located in Europe abi?
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
Gmajor:
Is not about been black, is about the story having an African theme.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Gmajor(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Iamdazzle:

Then that would tantamount to fraud... Even they are not willing to fabricate such because they wouldn't live to survive the backlash from all angles...
Black people and their felling of entitlement eh. Why can't we tell our own story the way we want it
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by GoldHorse(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
ChizzyMaris:
Nice one. But how about we tell a true African story instead of pure fiction?

Well, you will start from somewhere. At all at all na hin.......
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by sureteeboy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
czarina:
Like Marvels like Disney. Time to ripoff blacks everywhere with another overrated nonsense. And many will still fall, because they're "Helping promote Africa and her culture"

Stay Woke.
The production company in charge of all Marvel movies is their parent company, "Disney". They're just one and the same.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by skallion7(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
charliboy654:
And Nigeria is located in Europe abi?
No, in your father's village. mumu
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by sureteeboy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
justtoodark:

we are not good in movie producing....just facts.....

whites use years to produce a movie....

we use only weeks...

we have no patience.....

Exactly Bro. The fastest sequel you can ever get to an American movie takes at least 1 year. You'll watch the credits of Hollywood movies and see hundreds (if not thousands) of names go up for almost 10 minutes. But in nollywood movies, you'll only see an average of 15 to 20 names in credits scenes.

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by justtoodark: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
sureteeboy:

Exactly Bro. The fastest sequel you can ever get to an American movie takes at least 1 year. You'll watch the credits of Hollywood movies and see hundreds (if not thousands) of names go up for almost 10 minutes. But in nollywood movies, you'll only see an average of 15 to 20 names in credits scenes.

facts....

and they invest alot in their movies too....

millions of dollars.....

nollywood cant compete with hollywood like this.....no chance....

pipe dreams....

1 Like

Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by barragan: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Outofsync:

How is Zelie Amali and Inan traditional Yoruba African names.

I loved that book though.

Do you have a soft copy bruv?
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by staytravel: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
Citizenshelm:
DISNEY IS DEVELOPING A 1ST AFRICAN PRINCESS MOVIE, SADE

“Dope” Director Rick Famuyiwa is attached to produce the Disney’s African Princess movie, “Sade.”

Disney is developing a 1st African Princess movie, Sade, to be produced by Rick Famuyiwa (Getty Images )

Disney is developing a fairytale film “Sade,” centered on the story of an African princess.

Rick Famuyiwa, who directed the 2015 drama “Dope,” is attached to produce the upcoming Disney film.

The movie will be based on a pitch bought by Disney from Ola Shokunbi and Lindsey Reed Palmer, who will co-write the screenplay about a young African girl named Sadé whose kingdom is threatened by a mysterious evil force and accepts her newly discovered magical powers to protect her people, with the help of the kingdom’s prince.

Rick Famuyiwa, who directed the 2015 drama “Dope,” is attached to produce Sade (Rob Latour)

“Sade” comes after the successful outing of Marvel’s 2018 superhero film, “Black Panther,” set in the fictional African nation of Wakanda.

The movie has historical importance because it is the first Marvel film to feature a black protagonist, a black director and a predominately black cast.

With a worldwide box office grossing of $1.35 billion, “BlacK Panther” is the third-highest domestic grosser of all time at $700 million.

Sade comes after Disney’s success with Marvel’s Black Panther (Marvel/Disney)

During his last visit to Nigeria, British-Nigerian actor, John Boyega,” spoke on the possibility of a Nollywood-Hollywood collaboration.

According to him, since the success of “Black Panther,” everyone in Hollywood is like ‘John, we need an African story.’

“Because movies like “Black Panther” has now opened doors for stories to be told. And it’s one of my dreams to realize the most beautiful stories here in Nigeria, to be shot in an elegant and epic way,” he told Seyi Babatope during the Accelerate Masterclass which held on Friday, April 6, 2018.

The upcoming “Sade,” which is the latest African story to be told in Hollywood, will be produced by Famuwiya and executive produced by Scott Falconer.

http://wapnetrealm.com/disney-is-developing-a-1st-african-princess-movie/

Mynd44 Dominique Lalasticlala

If this is true it should be VERY interesting. Hopefully her "prince" will also be African.
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by Topmaike007(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
kennygee:
They are capitalizing on the success of Black Panther. Now everyone wants to do an African story, make una leave our Dark continent o.
Dwayne Johnson name was okoye in the Rampage movie..

marketing strategies
Re: Disney Is Developing of the First African Princess Movie by swiperthefox: 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
czarina:

Stay Woke.
They are the same company now. They recently merged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The History Of Nollywood: Nigeria's Mega Film Industry / Dotun Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija Level Up House. / 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.