Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Christianity Is Crap! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Crap! (1593 Views)

Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" / Crap / It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Christianity doesn't make sense, there are no proofs or evidences for it's claims or the god and the man, which is also the same god, around which it is centered. Everything can only be taken by faith, feelings & emotions and "plausible nonsequiturs". In an age where the basis and validity of religion are constantly being challenged, "plausible nonsequiturs" and reinforcement of them has become golden for deluded faithfuls and apologists. Christianity fails logically and morally, you have a god who can see the future and is all powerful but couldn't forsee the havoc of lucifer at the garden, even if he did, why would he create lucifer? answer without insulting human intelligence and morality. Why did he plant or create the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Even if he did, why did he choose, of all places to plant it in the garden? He could create a flaming sword to bar Adam and Eve from entering the garden after they sinned but he didn't create a flaming sword to bar them from eating from the tree .

It's all a metaphor? Really? So the "true meaning" of the story couldn't be put in simple English? It makes no sense to give people a book of metaphors, which can be interpreted in various ways, upon which they would base their lives and eternity. Imagine if scientific textbooks were written in metaphors especially, and most dangerously, medical textbooks. Why not give clear instructions? Why unnecessary metaphors? When you ask christards the true meanings of these supposed metaphors, they give you meanings that can be written in simple English and should be written in the bible instead of the metaphor. Why the pettiness of writing things in metaphor when you could write them in simple English?

The story of Job is one of the most morally offensive stories of the bible. Here we have a man who serves god faithfully through his entire life and then in a discussion BROUGHT UP BY YAHWEH, yahweh PERMITS Satan to kill Job's children, livestock and damage his properties because yahweh wanted to see if Job will serve him in adversity. An all knowing god wanting to find out? Why is an omnipotent and intelligent yahweh insecure and petty? Does it mean that all loving yahweh can permit the killing of children, livestock and destroy properties to test a single persons faith? Christards should be scared. Of course the story of Job is a brainwash technique to keep you glued to your religion despite god failing you in life, it makes out every suffering to be god's test and trial and that you have to be faithful in these harsh sufferings. Notice how these tests and trials are similar to the hard times non-Christians face and notice how well both progress similarly in accordance to physical cause and effect.

... to be continued

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by teewhydope(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
you couldn't have said it better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by hopefulLandlord: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
Let me park my toy car here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by eezeribe(m): 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Religion is the opium of the masses...

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Nukilia: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
What are you smoking @ Op? You sound confused cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nukilia:
What are you smoking @ Op? You sound confused cheesy grin grin
Where am I confused? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by luvmijeje(f): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Abeg, let's respect people's view about God. You don't have to be a jerk to pass your point across. You can respectfully disagree. This is not animal farm. What am I even saying? Animals are more tolerant than the so called humans.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
... Continued

HopefulLandlord, I hope your toy car is still in place? grin

Let us look at prayer, do prayers get answered by yahweh? Capital no, a close analysis shows that prayers that are "answered" happen to be things that would have occurred or happen without prayer. Many people pray to wake up and see the next day as if most non-Christians and other animals who don't pray fail to see the next day. How laughable that when these christards wake up in the morning, they thank yahweh. It remains for them to thank god when they urinate. We never see prayer heal HIV and AIDS, terminal cancers, ALS and amputees. Why? Christards says god knows best. Really? What greater and necessary good can't your yahweh achieve if he heals you of cancer? If you say god wants his children home, then I ask why does he not call every christian home? Why choose to call the 18 year old dying of stomach cancer home? Always, It's seems if one's case can't be redeemed by modern medicine, then baba yahweh wants you home or he has some plan. Some plan grin.

When prayers aren't answered, much effort is devoted to absolving yahweh of any blame and responsibility. One common method is to say that the christian praying for a miracle didn't have faith. I wonder why believing in yahweh's existence, believing he can heal and asking him to heal one from stomach cancer is not enough faith for an all loving god to heal his beloved if at all he requires faith. What else does yahweh want? More madness? grin If at all there were sins in one's life, isn't it more logical and sympathetic to heal then caution? Besides most christians put aside their shenanigans before approaching yahweh hence their sins are usually one they forgot or are unaware of. Why deny them healing when you can heal and then caution? This doesn't speak well of an intelligent and all loving god. If you say it's not yet god's time for cancer patients, amputee and HIV patients, then I asks are you trying to buy time for yahweh? If yahweh heals them now, will it make any difference or spoil anything? Is there any greater and necessary goal yahweh can't achieve if he chooses to heal cancer patients, amputees and HIV patients now?

Christians fall into health, financial and academic crises like non-Christians but their's is god's testing, job-like suffering and trial WITH A PURPOSE and assurance that god will turn things well. Hian!.

... to be continued

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
luvmijeje:
Abeg, let's respect people's view about God. You don't have to be a jerk to pass your point across. You can respectfully disagree. This is not animal farm. What am I even saying? Animals are more tolerant than the so called humans.
Luvmijeje, I saw a post of yours some weeks ago where you told butterflyLe0 that your view on atheists and non-religious people has changed and you stop seeing them as bad people when came to know them. I also observe you preaching love and tolerance. That's progress of a kind.

However, in a secular society, tolerance is compulsory but respect is not and it walks both ways. Secular people tolerant all religions and there is no imposition and compulsion to belong to a religion. However, secular people are free to disrespect and respect as they please.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Mujtahida: 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Christianity doesn't make sense, there are no proofs or evidences for it's claims or the god and the man, which is also the same god, around which it is centered. Everything can only be taken by faith, feelings & emotions and "plausible nonsequiturs". In an age where the basis and validity of religion are constantly being challenged, "plausible nonsequiturs" and reinforcement of them has become golden for deluded faithfuls and apologists. Christianity fails logically and morally, you have a god who can see the future and is all powerful but couldn't forsee the havoc of lucifer at the garden, even if he did, why would he create lucifer? answer without insulting human intelligence and morality. Why did he plant or create the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Even if he did, why did he choose, of all places to plant it in the garden? He could create a flaming sword to bar Adam and Eve from entering the garden after they sinned but he didn't create a flaming sword to bar them from eating from the tree .

It's all a metaphor? Really? So the "true meaning" of the story couldn't be put in simple English? It makes no sense to give people a book of metaphors, which can be interpreted in various ways, upon which they would base their lives and eternity. Imagine if scientific textbooks were written in metaphors especially, and most dangerously, medical textbooks. Why not give clear instructions? Why unnecessary metaphors? When you ask christards the true meanings of these supposed metaphors, they give you meanings that can be written in simple English and should be written in the bible instead of the metaphor. Why the pettiness of writing things in metaphor when you could write them in simple English?

The story of Job is one of the most morally offensive stories of the bible. Here we have a man who serves god faithfully through his entire life and then in a discussion BROUGHT UP BY YAHWEH, yahweh PERMITS Satan to kill Job's children, livestock and damage his properties because yahweh wanted to see if Job will serve him in adversity. An all knowing god wanting to find out? Why is an omnipotent and intelligent yahweh insecure and petty? Does it mean that all loving yahweh can permit the killing of children, livestock and destroy properties to test a single persons faith? Christards should be scared. Of course the story of Job is a brainwash technique to keep you glued to your religion despite god failing you in life, it makes out every suffering to be god's test and trial and that you have to be faithful in these harsh sufferings. Notice how these tests and trials are similar to the hard times non-Christians face and notice how well both progress similarly in accordance to physical cause and effect.

... to be continued
The Bible God can send his one and only begotten son to die for our sins, he can go to that great length to show his love to us BUT he won't speak to us as a people except through a book and pastors? This is wonder even beyond a god.

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. I left Christianity when it dawned on me that I was serving a god made up by the Jews.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Mekanus(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Interesting, make I pack here small while we wait for the "christards" to come display their chronic delusion grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Mujtahida: 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Luvmijeje, I saw a post of yours some weeks ago where you told butterflyLe0 that your view on atheists and non-religious people has changed and you stop seeing them as bad people when came to know them. I also observe you preaching love and tolerance. That's progress of a kind.

However, in a secular society, tolerance is compulsory but respect is not and it walks both ways. Secular people tolerant all religions and there is no imposition and compulsion to belong to a religion. However, secular people are free to disrespect and respect as they please.
Your logic is false. You can't tolerate if you have no respect. They are two sides of the same coin. We must respect people, treat them as humans. I fail many times in this regard but I feel this is how it should be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Originakalokalo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
It is your opinion my brother.

As far as I and my family are concerned,

Jesus is Lord and savior of our lives.

You can't change that.

Nobody can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
"You cannot read the Bible and invent a drug, a car, a weather forecasting device, a disaster prevention machine or any other technology. The Bible does not contain any formula, theory, solution or research through which you can come about inventing anything to benefit humanity.
All the Bible knows is "let there be fish and there was fish" as if that explains anything about fishes and other aquatic life forms.
That book is totally useless to humanity".
- Purity Layemo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
8 reasons why Christianity is crap.

"1. There is clear evidence that prayer does not work despite the Bible promising prayers will be answered.

2. There is clear evidence that humans invent gods. Humans have invented so many gods that the default assumption should be that a god is a supernatural entity invented by humans. Christianity would need solid evidence that the Jewish god is an exception to this rule but there is no such evidence.

3.There is clear evidence that religions and gods are propagated through culture by infecting children, and no evidence that they are propagated by gods.

4. There is clear evidence that Christianity has evolved as human understanding of the world has changed whilst a real, God-given religion, should never need to change.

5. There is clear evidence that humans on this planet have unequal access to Christianity so, if Christianity were true, billions would be condemned to hell for no fault of their own. This contradicts the Christian notion that God is omnibenevolent.

6.There is clear evidence that the Bible, supposedly inspired by God, is liberally sprinkled with the type of errors we would expect from its Iron Age authors but would not expect from the creator of the universe.

7.Christian theology is incoherent to the point of absurdity. God killing his son so he can forgive our future sin is like me breaking my son’s legs so I can forgive my neighbor in case she ever parks her car on my drive. It is quite ridiculous.

8.There is clear evidence that the arguments presented for the existence of the Jewish God are logically flawed—all of them have been shown to be unreliable. If this were not the case, all honest and intelligent people would accept that God exists, just as all honest and intelligent people accept that black holes exist."

- Bill FL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
The fact that all people are born with an empty mind, before learning everything shows that Christianity is man made and false.

Christianity is not natural. No religion is natural. If a person is born in a place completely isolated from other cultures, would he develop a belief in Christianity, for example? The answer is no.

Being a Christian or any other religion type belief requires a person to be inserted inside that kind of culture by some way and made to believe and accept it systematically.

This alone proveso that Christianity is made up by men. A God that requires you to read a book or have someone read it for you, so you can learn about Jesus to be saved is just completely crazy.

A real God that exist the way christians advertise their
God would find better ways to communicate with men in a clear way and be impossible to doubt, because even among sincere christians there is endless disagreement and squabbles over basic doctrines and theology which to be expected in any man made venture and endeavour.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by danvon(m): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
All the insults I'm seeing could easily be directed at any religion yet only Christianity was selected

Once again, atheists display their highness

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
... Continued

Is yahweh good? Yes, the christards readily screams. Yahweh never condemned slavery in the old testament and Jesus never condemned it in the new testament. Apostle Paul, the charlatan and forerunner of the likes of Hagin, Hinn, Osteen, Jakes, Meyer, Oyakhilome etc. said in the book of Ephesians that slaves should obey their masters. Why couldn't yahweh know that slavery is bad? Some christards say "slavery was normal then so god related to them in accordance with their time". Wow, how idiotic and wicked! It means god would have condoned murder if it was normal then. It also debunks the idea that god is the source of morality since he doesn't set the pace but follows what we deem normal and abnormal. If morality truly came from him, he would have called out human beings on their wickedness and misogyny. Funny enough, if we were in yahweh's position, we wouldn't have condoned slavery despite the fact that it was a norm. So what's yahweh's excuse? It seemed what we did with our genitals(adultery) were more important than the issue of slavery in the ten commandments. Hmmm.

Remember the guy called Uzzah who was killed because he took hold of the ark of covenant when the oxen carrying it stumbled 2 Samuel 6-7. Guess who killed him? Yahweh! . Can anyone be morally serious and justify yahweh's action? What a story to prevent our ancestors, then, from coming close to the ark and investigating it. Yahweh folded his arms and didn't act when David, the man after his own heart, sent a man to be killed in battle to cover up the fact that David impregnated his wife. He only acted when the man died and David was forgiven and an innocent baby died instead. To get the story I am talking about, read 2 Samuel 11, 2 Samuel 12: 1-19. What a god!

... to be continued

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by NPComplete: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
Me I am just here wondering what Butterflyleo is thinking seeing all the Christians that have refused to help him on his campaign on this thread and other threads since the past one week.

The guy must be feeling shameful right now. I saw one thread where he was claiming his campaign was working and I just started laughing.

Delusions of grandeur.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Mujtahida: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
One thing I say: if the Christian God is the real God why write a book? Why not speak directly to the heart of every man. Remember he's all wise, everywhere present and all powerful.

Look at the sun. It just shines. Reflect on your breath. Air exists to give you life (God). You don't need no book, no pastor, no church to draw on it but why is it that even though the Christian God is called life all human beings do not have direct personal contact with him and to draw life from him. Everything with him is hard: you got to suffer even to receive what he's promised you, you have to suffer to know his will( to know his will so you can please him ooo, our parents don't put us through such mind bending torture!), ever been to a Holy Spirit baptism service? Kai come and see how people will be suffering to receive even the Holy Spirit which the Christian God says he's freely given to his own.

Think again about God speaking: when God spoke he found only the Jews to be special enough to carry his words and commandments. Hahahaha hahahaha. This is pure propaganda(and many people are ignorant about the Jewish agenda). But then when the sun shines, it shines on all men irrespective of geographical location.

God acts one way in scripture and another way in nature? Think my people.

Christianity is premised on fear: fear of death, fear of devils and demons, fear of the unknown, fear of the day, fear of the night, fear of hell, fear of sin, fear of falling short, fear of pastor, fear, fear, fear. It's said that the Bible has 365 'fear nots'. Hahahaha hahahaha. 365 'fear nots' cos its the same religion that works to fill your life with all kinds of fears. Remember the joke we used to play on our siblings? You'd tell your younger brother not to be afraid yet you'd go dress like willy willy and scare the sh1t out of him. Remove fear from your life and see Christianity lose its grip on your soul.

I know that man and consciousness will outlive this childish religions. Yes we will.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
danvon:
All the insults I'm seeing could easily be directed at any religion yet only Christianity was selected

Once again, atheists display their highness

All atheist here on this thread were former christians. There are many former Muslim atheist on Facebook and on the Internet that talk only about Islam. Atheists generally talk about their former religions because that is the only religion they know very well.

By the way where is the insult?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:
"You cannot read the Bible and invent a drug, a car, a weather forecasting device, a disaster prevention machine or any other technology. The Bible does not contain any formula, theory, solution or research through which you can come about inventing anything to benefit humanity.
All the Bible knows is "let there be fish and there was fish" as if that explains anything about fishes and other aquatic life forms.
That book is totally useless to humanity".
- Purity Layemo
Right on the money! grin
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by danvon(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

All atheist here on this thread were former christians. There are many former Muslim atheist on Facebook and on the Internet that talk only about Islam. Atheists generally talk about their former religions because that is the only religion they know very well. This line is getting really old

By the way where is the insult? undecided
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Mujtahida: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
Presently I have no religion but if I were to express the spiritual sentiments and yearnings (yes we all have it even atheist do) of my soul I'd turn into a nature worshipper. I'd honor the earth, respect other life forms, glory in mother nature and regale in the warmth of the sun. Growing up I used to go to the bush. And one gets into the forest and one immediately feels a quiet spiritual presence pervading the air and hanging thick under the verdant canopy of the trees- it says nothing to you, demands nothing from you yet at a deep instinctive level one feels this is holy ground, one just wants to worship, one wants to offer oblation, one wants to offer thanks.

When the Bible God said(rather wrote in the book) 'you shall (more like 'must' cos 'shall' is peremptory) love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul... ' I doubt if He understands love. Who commands to love? If a human being were to utter this words he would no doubt be dubbed a tyrant and a dictator.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
Mujtahida:

Your logic is false. You can't tolerate if you have no respect. They are two sides of the same coin. We must respect people, treat them as humans. I fail many times in this regard but I feel this is how it should be.
You can tolerate and still not respect as much you can tolerate a bad roommate and still not respect that roommate. grin
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Budaatum, 0temSapien, segunojo886, Seun, Adepeter2027, HardMirror, hahn, Johnydon22, 1Sharon, Tozara, Ladyhippolyta88, proudgorgeousga, akintom and atheists. grin
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by PraiseDLord: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:

... to be continued
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God!!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
http://bible.com/1/1co.1.18.KJV

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by budaatum: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Proofs or evidences for the claims of Christianity

Some people, vaxx, to name one has rather sadly allowed this sort of claim to be made, that there is no evidence for Christianity. Fortunately, I am still pissed off at the op for missing me out in a recent thread and have not found it in me to forgive him yet. So, if any Christians could provide me with some valid claims that Christians make, I would personally provide evidence for them.

To give a taste, I am starting with the first item on Dalaman's crap list!

dalaman:
8 reasons why Christianity is crap.

"1. There is clear evidence that prayer does not work despite the Bible promising prayers will be answered.

First let us determine what is meant by the statement "Prayer works". I suggest it simply means that if one prays, one receives the outcome that one has prayed for. So the question is, "does prayer provide one with what one has prayed for?"

Let's get one thing clear. if you have followed some of buda's posts, you would be aware that buda has been praying that the Ferrari salesperson accept the imaginary one million pounds in her bank account in exchange for a spanking brand new red Ferrari but still rides a bike. So it is safe to say that buda's prayer has not worked. However, is that evidence that prayer does not work, or evidence that perhaps buda does not know how and what to pray for?

In a proper Christian home, the family gathers in the morning and prays before everyone goes off to their daily doings. Mummy prays for what she wants, daddy prays for what he wants, the children pray for what they want and the house help pray for what they want, and everyone says amen to everyone else's prayer. I think the effect of this is that the family communicate their desires to one another and you can't suggest that that does not make for a better home. So, morning prayer works in creating a family environment where communication happens and everyone knows the desires of the hearts of other members of the family.

After morning prayer, we all go about our daily business. If anything, the children know what the desires of their parents are for them, for if they have prayed that their children be safe through the day, the child could safely infer that mummy and daddy love him or her. So, prayer has created a rather healthy psychological environment for the child, which is a good thing.

The child prays everyday, lets say, to pass it's exams. I am certain that child is very likely to remember to study at some point in the day as it's constant prayer could not but make it understand that not studying is the opposite of praying to pass. So, praying is more likely to make one focus on achieving the outcomes that one is praying for.

The house help pray that their master and mistress prosper and treats them well, and I do think that a master and mistress that hears such prayers would assume that their house help like them and they might just like the house help too and want the best for them. They sure might consider themselves part of the one same family and in for the long term.

Night comes, and the family gathers together again to pray, perhaps expressing gratitude forgetting through the day and hoping tomorrow comes. Again the family communes together forming a cohesive bond, which is a good thing.

I could go on, but I hope the above is sufficient to show the benefit of payer and the way in which it might be said to 'work', which in effect is evidence that the op has made a rather false claim about at least one of the claims that Christians make.

Do beware though that while the Christians call all the above 'prayer', a family that sits down together and discusses their daily desire amongst themselves whilst calling on a stone and not some some supreme being would also achieve the same results.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
PraiseDLord:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God!!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
http://bible.com/1/1co.1.18.KJV

Every mythology makes sense to those that subscribe to it. Ask the Muslims. They have many of such passages from the Koran.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Zirah: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:
... Continued

HopefulLandlord, I hope your toy car is still in place? grin

Let us look at prayer, do prayers get answered by yahweh? Capital no, a close analysis shows that prayers that are "answered" happen to be things that would have occurred or happen without prayer. Many people pray to wake up and see the next day as if most non-Christians and other animals who don't pray fail to see the next day. How laughable that when these christards wake up in the morning, they thank yahweh. It remains for them to thank god when they urinate. We never see prayer heal HIV and AIDS, terminal cancers, ALS and amputees. Why? Christards says god knows bes

Stop there. I know of someone who was healed of HIV.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
Zirah:

Stop there. I know of someone who was healed of HIV.
grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
budaatum:
Proofs or evidences for the claims of Christianity

Some people, vaxx, to name one has rather sadly allowed this sort of claim to be made, that there is no evidence for Christianity. Fortunately, I am still pissed off at the op for missing me out in a recent thread and have not found it in me to forgive him yet. So, if any Christians could provide me with some valid claims that Christians make, I would personally provide evidence for them.

To give a taste, I am starting with the first item on Dalaman's crap list!

First let us determine what is meant by the statement "Prayer works". I suggest it simply means that if one prays, one receives the outcome that one has prayed for. So the question is, "does prayer provide one with what one has prayed for?"

Let's get one thing clear. if you have followed some of buda's posts, you would be aware that buda has been praying that the Ferrari salesperson accept the imaginary one million pounds in her bank account in exchange for a spanking brand new red Ferrari but still rides a bike. So it is safe to say that buda's prayer has not worked. However, is that evidence that prayer does not work, or evidence that perhaps buda does not know how and what to pray for?

In a proper Christian home, the family gathers in the morning and prays before everyone goes off to their daily doings. Mummy prays for what she wants, daddy prays for what he wants, the children pray for what they want and the house help pray for what they want, and everyone says amen to everyone else's prayer. I think the effect of this is that the family communicate their desires to one another and you can't suggest that that does not make for a better home. So, morning prayer works in creating a family environment where communication happens and everyone knows the desires of the hearts of other members of the family.

After morning prayer, we all go about our daily business. If anything, the children know what the desires of their parents are for them, for if they have prayed that their children be safe through the day, the child could safely infer that mummy and daddy love him or her. So, prayer has created a rather healthy psychological environment for the child, which is a good thing.

The child prays everyday, lets say, to pass it's exams. I am certain that child is very likely to remember to study at some point in the day as it's constant prayer could not but make it understand that not studying is the opposite of praying to pass. So, praying is more likely to make one focus on achieving the outcomes that one is praying for.

The house help pray that their master and mistress prosper and treats them well, and I do think that a master and mistress that hears such prayers would assume that their house help like them and they might just like the house help too and want the best for them. They sure might consider themselves part of the one same family and in for the long term.

Night comes, and the family gathers together again to pray, perhaps expressing gratitude forgetting through the day and hoping tomorrow comes. Again the family communes together forming a cohesive bond, which is a good thing.

I could go on, but I hope the above is sufficient to show the benefit of payer and the way in which it might be said to 'work', which in effect is evidence that the op has made a rather false claim about at least one of the claims that Christians make.

Do beware though that while the Christians call all the above 'prayer', a family that sits down together and discusses their daily desire amongst themselves whilst calling on a stone and not some some supreme being would also achieve the same results.

I am sorry for leaving you out on a previous thread. Reading through you post, I must say you sound exactly like Jordan Peterson. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeboye: TB Joshua Tried To Kill Me (the War In Christendom) Video / Deeper Life Pastors Destroying My Family / Things You Don't Know About Prophet Tb Joshua (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.