Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Christianity Is Crap! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Crap! (1617 Views)

Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" / Crap / It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Zirah: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:
grin

No, I'm not. I wish I was for I'm beginning to question religion/christianity/God. I've been frequenting threads like this in recent times. I was on this thread some days ago https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian looking to validate myself with regards to how I feel about God. I read to page 35 in anticipation of op's proof that Christianity is a scam but got frustrated that he just went on and on saying nothing really.

I've hated God and called him names. I've told myself I don't want a partial God. I've scoffed at Christians who spend hours on end in church, attending one service to the other. I'm still in doubt as I speak, why I'm on this thread for conviction. Was making sense of your perspective on God and religion until I got to the part you made an inquiry to which I responded.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by budaatum: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:
I am sorry for leaving you out on a previous thread. Reading through you post, I must say you sound exactly like Jordan Peterson. grin

Peterson has described himself as a classic British liberal,[95][18] and has stated that he is commonly mistaken to be right wing.[38] He is a philosophical pragmatist.[43] In a 2017 interview, Peterson identified as a Christian,[96] but in 2018 he did not.[97] He emphasized his conceptualization of Christianity is probably not what it is generally understood, stating that the ethical responsibility of a Christian is to imitate Christ, for him meaning "something like you need to take responsibility for the evil in the world as if you were responsible for it ... to understand that you determine the direction of the world, whether it's toward heaven or hell".[97] When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I[i] think the proper response to that is No[/i], but I'm afraid He might exist".[9] Writing for The Spectator, Tim Lott said Peterson draws inspiration from Jung's philosophy of religion, and holds views similar to the Christian existentialism of Søren Kierkegaard and Paul Tillich. Lott also said Peterson has respect for Taoism, as it views nature as a struggle between order and chaos, and posits that life would be meaningless without this duality.
Yep, I can agree with quite a lot about Peterson as expounded above. I am a liberal and a philosophical pragmatist, which is why 'beliefs' in myths have no relevance in the whole scheme of things. I do continuously state that the general understanding of Christianity, and religions in generally, is silly, on both sides, and that if a Christian claims there is a God they are bound to prove it by living according to it's dictats, which most don't. As to whether God exists, my response is a categorical, no, with no fear that it 'might' exist, since it doesn't, except in the minds of the individuals in whom it does. I draw inspiration from Jung which I am well versed in, and Kierkegaard though less so. And I get my Tao dualism from Buddhism.

I shall consider your sincere request, though it might not be obvious in this thread.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Zirah:

No, I'm not. I wish I was for I'm beginning to question religion/christianity/God. I've been frequenting threads like this in recent times. I was on this thread some days ago https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian looking to validate myself with regards to how I feel about God. I read to page 35 in anticipation of op's proof that Christianity is a scam but got frustrated that he just went on and on saying nothing really.

I've hated God and called him names. I've told myself I don't want a partial God. I've scoffed at Christians who spend hours on end in church, attending one service to the other. I'm still in doubt as I speak, why I'm on this thread for conviction. Was making sense of your perspective on God and religion until I got to the part you made an inquiry to which I responded.
So you believe god can and has cured HIV?
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:

GOD, PLEASE COOK MY DINNER

Some people believe God can work miracles, like cure advanced cancer or save people in terrible plane crashes. The Bible tells us that God can do anything, he can even move a mountain into the sea. These are extraordinary things.

I would just like God to do something simple. When I get home from work late and dead tired, I would like to put my food on the kitchen table and have God cook it for me.

Or, if that is selfish of me, I would like him to notice when an elderly woman, alone in her cold house, is dying from hypothermia and make the house warm for her. Or, if she has become too weak to get out of her chair, to make her a cup of tea and boil her an egg.

Oddly, there is no known case of God doing any of these very simple things--things that almost any human could, and would, do for someone in need.

God only does things that could happen without God--a proportion of people with cancer do go into remission, and sometimes there are survivors of plane crashes. But dinners do not cook themselves and cold houses do not make themselves warm.

Think about this for a moment. It means the world behaves EXACTLY as it would if there was no God at all.

If only God would just boil an egg once in a while. But he won't.

- Bill FL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Primesky(m): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Christianity doesn't make sense, there are no proofs or evidences for it's claims or the god and the man, which is also the same god, around which it is centered. Everything can only be taken by faith, feelings & emotions and "plausible nonsequiturs". In an age where the basis and validity of religion are constantly being challenged, "plausible nonsequiturs" and reinforcement of them has become golden for deluded faithfuls and apologists. Christianity fails logically and morally, you have a god who can see the future and is all powerful but couldn't forsee the havoc of lucifer at the garden, even if he did, why would he create lucifer? answer without insulting human intelligence and morality. Why did he plant or create the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Even if he did, why did he choose, of all places to plant it in the garden? He could create a flaming sword to bar Adam and Eve from entering the garden after they sinned but he didn't create a flaming sword to bar them from eating from the tree .

It's all a metaphor? Really? So the "true meaning" of the story couldn't be put in simple English? It makes no sense to give people a book of metaphors, which can be interpreted in various ways, upon which they would base their lives and eternity. Imagine if scientific textbooks were written in metaphors especially, and most dangerously, medical textbooks. Why not give clear instructions? Why unnecessary metaphors? When you ask christards the true meanings of these supposed metaphors, they give you meanings that can be written in simple English and should be written in the bible instead of the metaphor. Why the pettiness of writing things in metaphor when you could write them in simple English?

The story of Job is one of the most morally offensive stories of the bible. Here we have a man who serves god faithfully through his entire life and then in a discussion BROUGHT UP BY YAHWEH, yahweh PERMITS Satan to kill Job's children, livestock and damage his properties because yahweh wanted to see if Job will serve him in adversity. An all knowing god wanting to find out? Why is an omnipotent and intelligent yahweh insecure and petty? Does it mean that all loving yahweh can permit the killing of children, livestock and destroy properties to test a single persons faith? Christards should be scared. Of course the story of Job is a brainwash technique to keep you glued to your religion despite god failing you in life, it makes out every suffering to be god's test and trial and that you have to be faithful in these harsh sufferings. Notice how these tests and trials are similar to the hard times non-Christians face and notice how well both progress similarly in accordance to physical cause and effect.

... to be continued

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. The question is, what creature was he before he became a new creature?. Of cause, grass means nothing to a lion neither does meat mean anything to a goat.

This is the reason why someone will come out to say, Christianity doesn't make sense. If Christianity means being like Christ, and some body says, it doesn't make sense, it then becomes clear who such a person is, non else but an anti Christ.

You need to repent of this careless talk. That some people are misbehaving is no reason to say this. Thanks.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Zirah: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2018
Martinez19:

I do not believe so, I know so.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by hopefulLandlord: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2018
NPComplete:
Me I am just here wondering what Butterflyleo is thinking seeing all the Christians that have refused to help him on his campaign on this thread and other threads since the past one week.

The guy must be feeling shameful right now. I saw one thread where he was claiming his campaign was working and I just started laughing.

Delusions of grandeur.

LOL, even the Christians that joined his crusade have left it like they would smelly toilet

The smart and intelligent ones amongst them would realise the reason Butter changed and said Christians should ignore atheists is because most atheists have ignored him, the few that still pay him attention do so without making the discussion go too long unlike before when they would debate him for tens of pages in a thread. More and more atheists were ignoring him with each passing moment.

He saw a future where all atheists ignore him so like the proverbial worker that's about to be fired he said "You can't fire me, I quit!!!" but he took it a step further by advising his "coworkers" to quit also

This is why I laugh when I saw the likes of Muttleylaff et al agreeing to ignore atheists without thinking about what might've caused him to spin 180 so fast. yeah he took some verses and spinned it to fit his agenda (just like every Christian does) but at the end it was all a selfish agenda and the events leading up to it points to that agenda

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by sKeetz(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2018
Zirah:

I do not believe so, I know so.

Proof?
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by CAPSLOCKED: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2018
Zirah:

Stop there. I know of someone who was healed of HIV.

SHOW ME SOMEONE WHO WAS "HEALED" OF HIV BY YOUR PREACHER AND I'LL HAND YOU A BABY DINOSAUR.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Dantedasz(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

LOL, even the Christians that joined his crusade have left it like they would smelly toilet

The smart and intelligent ones amongst them would realise the reason Butter changed and said Christians should ignore atheists is because most atheists have ignored him, the few that still pay him attention do so without making the discussion go too long unlike before when they would debate him for tens of pages in a thread. More and more atheists were ignoring him with each passing moment.

He saw a future where all atheists ignore him so like the proverbial worker that's about to be fired he said "You can't fire me, I quit!!!" but he took it a step further by advising his "coworkers" to quit also

This is why I laugh when I saw the likes of Muttleylaff et al agreeing to ignore atheists without thinking about what might've caused him to spin 180 so fast. yeah he took some verses and spinned it to fit his agenda (just like every Christian does) but at the end it was all a selfish agenda and the events leading up to it points to that agenda

You can now find butterfly Leo in the politics section,standing logic on its head while defending Buhari and APC dogmatically.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by LastDays777: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
danvon:
All the insults I'm seeing could easily be directed at any religion yet only Christianity was selected

Once again, atheists display their highness

Lol, I have noticed that too. It's unbelievable.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by dalaman: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
Dantedasz:

You can now find butterfly Leo in the politics section,standing logic on its head while defending Buhari and APC dogmatically.

Seriously, that guy is totally insane. He's there in the politics section displaying the same madness he displays here. I had to call out his madness there not long ago.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
dalaman:

Seriously, that guy is totally insane. He's there in the politics section displaying the same madness he displays here. I had to call out his madness there not long ago.
I thought he was a smart person playing the dumb card when discussing religion but if he is still dumb in the politicics section then he is actually not bright in person assuming he has nothing significant to gain from Buhari. grin
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
... Continued

It has been known by the wise that the laws of nature are immutable ie. the laws of nature can never be changed. The laws of nature can never be suspended. We are all subject to laws of nature and nothing else despite what we choose to believe. It follows, logically, that miracles, as put forward by religions can't happen and don't exist. Given that miracles, as put forward by religion, are impossible we can say that religious figures and entities that supposedly performed miracles or had innate powers to perform miracles either never existed or were, surely, religious characters based on mere mortals. The best which bible writers could have probably done to ensure the credibility of these religious figures is to tell certain true accounts of the mere mortal in question and then exaggerate and add untrue accounts to the biography of the mere mortal. Perhaps, like Joseph Smith Jr., Ayo Babalola, Marion Braham and Muhammad, these mortals could have dubiously or by virtue of mental illness told false stories about themselves and gathered followers who believed these stories and perpetrated them long after they were gone. All in all, miracles don't exist and no man(dead or alive) has a single miracle to his/her name.

If miracles don't exist, what about the miracles at healing crusades? Those were not miracles, they were staged and arranged. Miracles supposedly performed by pastors and other spiritualists are miracles that can be faked by you and I. I could lie down and act like I was dead and hopefulLandlord could lay his hands on me and command me rise in the name of Jesus and I would rise acting like I was died and now live. I could come out and give a testimony that I was healed of cancer, hiv or blindness with forged medical reports and have various accomplices vindicate the report. Miracles in ALL churches by ANY pastor are staged, exaggerated, false or arranged. Why is it that miracles that can't be faked are never seen in crusade? Demand or watch out for a miracle that can't be faked and get ready to be disappointed. Amputees are never restored and those with severed head are never brought back. It's either the almighty chooses to only perform miracles that can be faked or pastors, being the conmen that they are, can only "perform" miracles that can afford to staged, choose wisely.

Always note that miracles don't exist and you shouldn't take seriously anyone(dead or alive) who is said to have a miracle to his/her name.

... To be continued
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
... Continued

Having lived in this planet for a considerable amount of time, I can say for sure that most people love to hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see rather than seek to face the truth. People see the truth but choose to believe the lie for what ever reason I don't know. Christianity flourishes under human wickedness and stupidity. Stupidity ensures that it is believed to the very end and wickedness because man, in his wickedness, wickedly exploit human stupidity and will ensure that religion remains so that he can benefit from the exploits. Take a look at pastors and the luxurious life they enjoy, they would do anything to fight for it. Look at christians and the way they stupidly defend their beliefs in the face of evidence and you will know that with human stupidity, religion won't die soon.

Christianity in the past ensured that rulers controlled people and priests got ten percent of people's hard sweat. If you tell people to give ten percent of their earnings to you, they would call you a thief immediately but if it is to give to an imaginary god, they would give without question. Getting ten percent of the earnings of a population, with some even giving their whole salary, is a lucrative scam --- a big scam! Most people don't realise how lucrative and incredible this opportunity is except they realise that christianity is crap AND they realise how much pastors make every sunday.

I am very busy, so I will stop here.

... To be continued. kiss
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Holyede: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
OP, IF CHRISTIANITY IS CRAP, WHY BOTHER AND NOT IGNORE IT? OR YOU AND YOUR FELL
OW FURNACE BOUND SATANISTS WANT US TO CLAP FOR YOUR CRAP FROM SCRAP OF A BRAIN? REPENT AND BEHAVE
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by sonmvayina(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
I want to open a thread called "the letter killeth" and I want all of us to come there, you all have been looking at this stories from only the Christian perspective, which to me is foooolish and devoid of any substance... If what I have in mind materialises then, I bet you all... The Bible stories will become clearer... Thanks
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
sonmvayina:
I want to open a thread called "the letter killeth" and I want all of us to come there, you all have been looking at this stories from only the Christian perspective, which to me is foooolish and devoid of any substance... If what I have in mind materialises then, I bet you all... The Bible stories will become clearer... Thanks
will be anticipating that.
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Martinez19(m): 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
Holyede:
OP, IF CHRISTIANITY IS CRAP, WHY BOTHER AND NOT IGNORE IT? OR YOU AND YOUR FELL
OW FURNACE BOUND SATANISTS WANT US TO CLAP FOR YOUR CRAP FROM SCRAP OF A BRAIN? REPENT AND BEHAVE
when one is free from slavery, one tries to free others too where one can.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by budaatum: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dantedasz:

I happen to agree with Butterflyleo on his views on Buhari! I in fact wish he'd be as objective with his view here in the religious section. The allegations against Buhari sound pretty much like those the far right have against Obama, disregarding the rubbish situation he took over from that Bush guy just like they wish to disregard the ineptitude of Jonathan. One might as well blame Joseph for hunger and starvation in Egypt if they had not listened to his advise during the seven years of plenty!

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Butterflyleo: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
budaatum:

I happen to agree with Butterflyleo on his views on Buhari! I in fact wish he'd be as objective with his view here in the religious section. The allegations against Buhari sound pretty much like those the far right have against Obama, disregarding the rubbish situation he took over from that Bush guy just like they wish to disregard the ineptitude of Jonathan. One might as well blame Joseph for hunger and starvation in Egypt if they had not listened to his advise during the seven years of plenty!

My appreciations to you buda I saw your posts too and quite agree with them.

However emotionally driven unpolitical analysts would fault what I say and call it "standing logic on its head".

Do I care? Nope

However I would appreciate having my moniker excluded from such threads as this.

Enjoy your merry making.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by HardMirror(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
It is obvious. Good thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Crap! by sonmvayina(m): 6:38am On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
will be anticipating that.

Opened it, waiting for you and others contributions...
Re: Christianity Is Crap! by Holyede: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
when one is free from slavery, one tries to free others too where one can.
deluded

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Land Members With Four Eyes Help A Brother. / What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? / Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.