Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User (22849 Views)

Shaming Of Women Over Leaked Sex Videos Or Nudes. / Should l Succumb To Pressure And Marry This Girl? / Twitter User Searching For Husband For Her 47-Year-Old Aunty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by adedayoa2(f): 10:01am On Jul 30, 2018
Toks2008:

I wish you the best..
thank you and please if you're still single, I mean very single you can still consider her. She's learnt her lessons o, she's actually tested the waters
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by CanadianEnginee(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
Thank you and leave those ladies to do what they wanna do.

Sadly, it boomeranges and other people are affected. The girls get to their 30s, they become side chicks and start disturbing other people's husbands and causing their fellow women so much headache. Then their business affects everyone. No one is forcing you to do what you don't wanna do, but there are consequences for not being smart in all you do. Time waits for no man/woman.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by CanadianEnginee(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2018
adedayoa2:
my dear its not about lived a good life, his family said that was what they wanted because 2 of their uncles don't have kids after some 30 years of marriage and since then its been their tradition.

So in this case, you wouldn't blame him. The family had their reasons. It's bad that you were affected by it.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

Sadly, it boomeranges and other people are affected. The girls get to their 30s, they become side chicks and start disturbing other people's husbands and causing their fellow women so much headache. Then their business affects everyone. No one is forcing you to do what you don't wanna do, but there are consequences for not being smart in all you do. Time waits for no man/woman.
So it is women in their 30's that become side chicks?
I thought they said men where more than women side chicks are side chicks for financial gain you hardly find an established woman in her 30's become a side chick.
Men are many so ladies should pick the right ones for them and damn the so called consequences.
Everybody has their time and what works for them.
Good day.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by AmiableG: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2018
cosmatika:
I didn't bother reading the long tweet, but this is wat I have to say;
All an average Nigerian lady can offer to a man is just sex.

It's not Nigerian ladies can offer, but what you actually want from them is "only sex".
To you sex is all you cared for.
Change your mind set.

1 Like

Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2018
Bravo lady, bravo!!!

standing ovation abeg... He that has ears let him hear cheesy cheesy cheesy

Life is different for different people, no two destinies are the same so compare and contrast not.

There is no competition in this world after all. The philosopher says vanity upon vanity, all is vanity and the economist says in the long run we all die. Take this world overly serious at your own peril.

In the meantime you can choose to live life as it pleases God, there is time for everything and everyone's time is unique. Depression depression its what people tell these folks about their life that pushes them into such, not everyone is strong at heart... Remember this my people...

shallom!
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by julitoch: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2018
Pavore9:

Generalization is a dangerous mindset.
Exactly my point, is only men with low self esteem and living in frustration that can sound like that guy, they can easily generalize women on any negative issue, most Nigerian men needs to grow up.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by InvertedHammer: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2018
kneehighbootz:

But you're not married or is it recently divorced?

If marriage was so ecclesiastical, why couldn't you save your marriage?

//
LOL. You are making assumptions based on a profile online. It adds to the puzzle. Keep it up.

//
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2018
InvertedHammer:

//
LOL. You are making assumptions based on a profile online. It adds to the puzzle. Keep it up.

//

Nice deflection.
Keep it up.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by Herrmes: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2018
bezimo:

I am not part of the problem..the women are the problem
You are, the women like your mother and sisters are part of the problem to you, that right?
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by micariice(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2018
Girls are very materialistic and that is normal to some extent but there are certain type of girls that deserve that kind of treatment
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by DEXORANGE: 11:27am On Jul 30, 2018
cosmatika:
I didn't bother reading the long tweet, but this is wat I have to say;
All an average Nigerian lady can offer to a man is just sex.
Just this night I logged into In Messenger, one lady chatted me up, after exchange of pleasantries, she asked me if I wanted hookup? I told her no. She asked me why I'm on the platform if I don't want hookups, I told her I just wanted to make friends, that I'm not interested in sex as I have more productive things to do with my life. She started insulting me that I must be very stingy, that I'm looking for oshofree. I was just imagining, shey na person go marry dis one tomorrow?

What kind of ladies have you been meeting because like attracts like.... maybe you need to change your circle of friends.... its like saying all Men are dogs and thats not even true
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by adedayoa2(f): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

So in this case, you wouldn't blame him. The family had their reasons. It's bad that you were affected by it.
I never blamed him on the issue of pregnancy, did you see that in my write up?
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by DonMekino(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2018
Ppl insulting the poster are not being fair...just face her message, and I didn't see where she lambasted marriage, just the pressure that are heaped on unmarried folks, nobody asks them if they are happy or doing fyn, wat u hear is *wen are we drinking wine na*?? After all ur mates died so wen are u dying??

1 Like

Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by adedayoa2(f): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

hahahahahahaha, girls in their 30's become side chicks? I don't agree with you on that, your opinion tho
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by Amhappy(f): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
If i get her,she did not say people shouldn't marry but should not be pressured to marry and people who are still single should not be shammed to marry by force,i quite agree. I hate it when people mock others because of their status. There's time for everything under the sun. Instead of shamming encourage them.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by bezimo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Herrmes:
You are, the women like your mother and sisters are part of the problem to you, that right?

You are confused obviously...how are my people related to my analysis of the matter..abeg get lost if you have nothing reasonable to say..
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by Herrmes: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
bezimo:

You are confused obviously...how are my people related to my analysis of the matter..abeg get lost if you have nothing reasonable to say..
Okay.
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by hippieguy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Herrmes:
The part about shaming? There is no such thing as weakness.

What do u mean by shaming? Nobody is responsible for your life. Weak people blame others for their failures. Strong people make their decisions and take the consequent responsibility .
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by Herrmes: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
hippieguy:

What do u mean by shaming? Nobody is responsible for your life. Weak people blame others for their failures. Strong people make their decisions and take the consequent responsibility .
Is this in relation to my post?
Re: Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User by LordKO(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
mzpetit:
I like your english grin I like your english

Thanks for your compliment. Of course, in you I have a new teacher.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See A Chat Between A Lesbian And My Sister / Valentine Prank Special, Share Experiences / Is A Girl Who Does This Every Man's Dream Girl? ( PICTURE )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.