Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) (50760 Views)

Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Work In Progress On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

China manufactures processors and recently started manufacturing civilian aircrafts which are still undergoing tests. They also make advances in medicine too but all these are still low-key because America has been dominating these fields for many years. The fact that you don't hear about those Chinese advances doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes.
Name one thing ad you are telling me parables

JUST ONE thing that is Chinese that the World knows

Nigeria manufactures Coca Cola that does not make it Nigerian

Manufacruring a thing and Engineering a thing are different things.
IPhones are manufactured in Shenzhen China but Engineered in America
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by knightehis(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Fayose commissioned fly over in EKiti state grin grin grin
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

Even the U.S stole technology to get to where they are now. The U.S took in German scientists after world war 2. The U.K had to give America all their tech innovations cos they didn't have the money to develop them during world war 2. The U.S is even currently stealing Chinese advances in quantum technology.

It seems you had half baked education. Did the US steal
the Gernan Scientists or put knife to his neck?

Lol.America that was supporting the British with arms in World War 2 did not have money?

America that rebuilt Germany and Japan after World War 2 did not have money?

Thunder fire your history teacher.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

China manufactures processors and recently started manufacturing civilian aircrafts which are still undergoing tests. They also make advances in medicine too but all these are still low-key because America has been dominating these fields for many years. The fact that you don't hear about those Chinese advances doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes.

I am not trying to put down the Chinese but their main problem is they do not have any huge companies not owned by government or wwith government money in technology or Engineering like Siemens Pfizer Boeing Airbus
The main technology I was even expecting to hear about was high speed rail which is big in China today though is a Japanese technology
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
aribisala0:
Name one thing ad you are telling me parables

JUST ONE thing that is Chinese that the World knows

Nigeria manufactures Coca Cola that does not make it Nigerian

Manufacruring a thing and Engineering a thing are different things.
IPhones are manufactured in Shenzhen China but Engineered in America
You mean naming Chinese products or naming Chinese inventions?

There are numerous Chinese research centers and engineering firms engineering their own indigenous products. Just like the bridge in this thread was engineered by China. Or are you saying the U.S engineered the bridge for them?

Like I said before, America still dominates the market in these fields that's why you don't hear those coming from China
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

You mean naming Chinese products or naming Chinese inventions?

There are numerous Chinese research centers and engineering firms engineering their own indigenous products. Just like the bridge in this thread was engineered by China. Or are you saying the U.S engineered the bridge for them?
I can see you have no rsponse and wish to change subject otherwise you won't be asking if the US built the bridge . What are we asking and what are you saying

Name one Chinese Technology of the last 30 years or product just as we know the US for Intel, for Boeing for Countless drugs
We know the Swiss for medicines
We know the Germans for Siemens and their turbines .
The Chinese are not really known for any modern technology or invention
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
amanikondo:

It seems you had half baked education. Did the US steal
the Gernan Scientists or put knife to his neck?

Lol.America that was supporting the British with arms in World War 2 did not have money?

America that rebuilt Germany and Japan after World War 2 did not have money?

Thunder fire your history teacher.

You didn't understand the sentence you read. I said the UK transferred their technology to America because the UK didn't have the resources to develop them during world war 2. I didn't say the U.S had no money.

Of course the U.S stole German technology through the scientists they took in.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

You didn't understand the sentence you read. I said the UK transferred their technology to America because the UK didn't have the resources to develop them during world war 2. I didn't say the U.S had no money.

Of course the U.S stole German technology through the scientists they took in.

The US did not steal. They attract the brain.

Do you know soviet scientists are part of the people that are helping North Korea build nukes? When the Soviet Union fell apart, the right thing to do is to employ the scientists so that they will not work for rougue nations.

American employed the German Scientists after World War 2. Steal is the word I am not accepting.

If you come to the US universities today from Nigeria and you are a genius, the companies will do everything for you not to leave the US. That is the US system. Brain drain and pick the best.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
aribisala0:
I can see you have no rsponse and wish to change subject otherwise you won't be asking if the US built the bridge . What are we asking and what are you saying

Name one Chinese Technology of the last 30 years or product just as we know the US for Intel, for Boeing for Countless drugs
We know the Swiss for medicines
We know the Germans for Siemens and their turbines .
The Chinese are not really known for any modern technology or invention
Your question wasn't clear so I was trying to get exactly what you were referring to. First of all you need to realize that China just started their journey about 40 years ago. The U.S has been an active player since the early 1900s. You can't expect China to dominate the market the U.S has been dominating for a long while before China decided to start competing in these areas. But the truth is that whatever the U.S is currently doing technologically China is pursuing the same thing as well. Whatever field of science and technology, China is currently an active player today. The reason we don't hear about Chinese version of Intel, Boeing etc is because these American engineering firms have been established long before China's own versions and are still widely dominating the world market.

1 Like

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
amanikondo:

The US did not steal. They attract the brain.

Do you know soviet scientists are part of the people that are helping North Korea build nukes? When the Soviet Union fell apart, the right thing to do is to employ the scientists so that they will not work for rougue nations.

American employed the German Scientists after World War 2. Steal is the word I am not accepting.

If you come to the US universities today from Nigeria and you are a genius, the companies will do everything for you not to leave the US. That is the US system. Brain drain and pick the best.
Aside from "employing" German scientists, there is a long list of European technologies that were copied and refurbished by America. Do your research.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

Your question wasn't clear so I was trying to get exactly what you were referring to. First of all you need to realize that China just started their journey about 40 years ago. The U.S has been an active player since the early 1900s. You can't expect China to dominate the market the U.S has been dominating for a long while before China decided to start competing in these areas. But the truth is that whatever the U.S is currently doing technologically China is pursuing the same thing as well. Whatever field of science and technology, China is currently an active player today. The reason we don't hear about Chinese version of Intel, Boeing etc is because these American engineering firms have been established long before China's own versions and are still widely dominating the world market.
You need to realize that my comments were made in the context of the posts that I quoted.

Some people were trying to suggest that China is the technological peer of the US . Not sure if that was you.

Du not now what you mean by China starting theiir journey 40 years ago?

Do you know when the Great Wall of China was built or when the Chinese started writing? This was before the Jews. The Chinese were once probably the most advanced nation and then they stagnated

Now they have made much progresss but will struggle as long as the state is so dominant in the economy and there are no huge commercial concerns like GE, Siemens Pfizer in the private sector.

The other thing is technology has grown in the West because of cooperation and technology sharing among mainly NATO nations that deliberately exclude nations like China and Russia who have to resort to espionage and technology theft
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
tunary:
Because of bridge
check ur phone sir/ma, is made in china
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

Aside from "employing" German scientists, there is a long list of European technologies that were copied and refurbished by America. Do your research.

Lol. Dont be lazy. Send me a link to your research. Other than that, Fake News
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
aribisala0:
You need to realize that my comments were made in the context of the posts that I quoted.

Some people were trying to suggest that China is the technological peer of the US . Not sure if that was you.

Du not now what you mean by China starting theiir journey 40 years ago?

Do you know when the Great Wall of China was built or when the Chinese started writing? This was before the Jews. The Chinese were once probably the most advanced nation and then they stagnated

Now they have made much progresss but will struggle as long as the state is so dominant in the economy and there are no huge commercial concerns like GE, Siemens Pfizer in the private sector.

The other thing is technology has grown in the West because of cooperation and technology sharing among mainly NATO nations that deliberately exclude nations like China and Russia who have to resort to espionage and technology theft
Whatever it is it's obvious their method of state interference is working for them. When I said they started their journey about 40 years ago I mean the journey to compete with the west. Before then they were still in hibernation or stagnated as you called it. By now they are investing in every field of endeavour the west has been dominating for years. I believe in about 20 years time they should be totally dethroning the U.S. They will have the man power and large talent pool to make it happen which will eventually make them leave the U.S in dust in advances.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by LordAdam: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
shotuns:
Japan is still doing Great actually, . Just not hungry for power. Their technology/ products is Super and genuine compare to the Chinese.

Japan is hungry for power, however they like Germany have been neutered by the free World (military restrictions and what not) owing to their history.

It's interesting that current perception is that Japan's tech is superior to China. Well, that's true; but after WWII, Japan went through the same birth pains as China of the last three decades, where their tech lagged significantly behind US/Europe. They met and surpassed at least Europe, and even lead the developed world in select areas like robotics.

The problem with China, at least IMHO, is the Party. True, it has been responsible for their rapid rise. But an authoritarian behemoth with 1.3b+ willing puppets that has already surpassed the US in GDP (by PPP) and could potential double their economic size is uncharted territory for the planet. Seriously look at their involvement in the Korean War, the Sino-Indian War, and the current South China Sea dispute and any student of history would get the chills.

So as cool as their tech and economic rise has been, the fact that they are well on their way to becoming the de facto economic power (even military power as well, they are already laying the foundations of a projecting superpower) means that there could potentially be a fundamental shift in how the World is run. A power that can make billionaires disappear and does not recognize the lexicon called "human rights" is anything but good news.

Sure the current World Order is not perfect and could use some tweaking, but a Red World Order could make this one (with all its issues) seem like Christmas in the future.

-Lord
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
Third mainland bridge
na bridge be that
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by AceDomino(m): 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
hardeycute:
What can I type?

Please ask them where our witches and wizards are?
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
aribisala0:

I am not trying to put down the Chinese but their main problem is they do not have any huge companies not owned by government or wwith government money in technology or Engineering like Siemens Pfizer Boeing Airbus
The main technology I was even expecting to hear about was high speed rail which is big in China
today though is a Japanese technology

Many people still did not know China stole High Speed rail technology from Japan.

And they outbid Japan because they did not pay for Research and Development.

Japan is one of the technology advanced countries in the world.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by john650(m): 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
How come they can't finish the Badagry Express Way? The construction has been going on for over 10 years with no end in sight. Talk about a nightmare.They sold us fake construction as usual while they keep the original stuff. Figures, you can't trust a China man.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by LordAdam: 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

Even the U.S stole technology to get to where they are now. The U.S took in German scientists after world war 2. The U.K had to give America all their tech innovations cos they didn't have the money to develop them during world war 2. The U.S is even currently stealing Chinese advances in quantum technology.

US stealing Chinese advances in quantum technology?

Are you high on meth?

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 12:03am On Aug 01, 2018
LordAdam:

US stealing Chinese advances in quantum technology?

Are you high on meth?

-Lord
I specifically mean quantum satellite technology.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2018
john650:
How come they can't finish the Badagry Express Way? The construction has been going on for over 10 years with no end in sight. Talk about a nightmare.They sold us fake construction as usual while they keep the original stuff. Figures, you can't trust a China man.
Delivar:

[
amanikondo:

I don reply am.
quote author=HsLBroker post=69858438]china is the current global super power, one day will be one day, Nigeria will become[/quote]
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:45am On Aug 01, 2018
Delivar:

Whatever it is it's obvious their method of state interference is working for them. When I said they started their journey about 40 years ago I mean the journey to compete with the west. Before then they were still in hibernation or stagnated as you called it. By now they are investing in every field of endeavour the west has been dominating for years. I believe in about 20 years time they should be totally dethroning the U.S. They will have the man power and large talent pool to make it happen which will eventually make them leave the U.S in dust in advances.

I came in to respond specifically to a claim about technology , If we accept that that point is made fine .Whether China will win the World Cup in football remains to be seen.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by LordAdam: 12:52am On Aug 01, 2018
Delivar:

I specifically mean quantum satellite technology.

Are you familiar with the concept of black book national security projects?

If you assume that the United States does not have a quantum satellite despite leading in satellite, rocket launch, and quantum computing technology; then you are very delusional!

China has only one way to approach any problem. Steal the IP, use their manufacturing prowess to replicate it quickly, then use more stolen IP to refine their creation. The FBI in a testimony to Congress stated that China currently runs the most vast, hard line, and ingrained espionage operation in the US.

To be fair, I like many others would like the US to have competition; as they've misused their dominance more times than not. But China, at least as long as the CCP is still in charge, is anything but an ethical competition. They are just thieves everyone is scared to confront.

You like to say the US stole from Britain, except that the US and GB had the same political outlook; and they used their advancements to foster the special Anglo-American special relationship. China is not and will never be America's friend, and when they start dominating unilaterally they'd have no friends, not even Russia. Everyone would have to submit to the CCP mutely like is the case in China today.

-Lord
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:37am On Aug 01, 2018
john650:

Don't blame them, they gave what we asked for.

Project cost = ₦30Billion

We(Governors, Minister of Works/Commissioner for works, senators) share and pocket ₦25Billion.

Remaining ₦5billion will be given to the Chinese for the project.

What do you expect bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by dometome: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2018
justtoodark:

trump cant stop the chinese....whites cant.....none of them....

and if they try,thats automatical world war...you cant stop others from trading.....makes no sense...thats war....!!!!....

and things will not go like in the opium wars no more....

the chinese are ready for western nations now....

they will nuclear all of una now....

and they mean it....

kingdom under heaven stuff...

90% of world nuclear war head are owned by US and Russia. The Chinese CANNOT defeat th US in any war fare, Never. US Marine ships are docked even on the so called South China sea, and all China does is throw tantrums, they should defeat India first, then Japan (remember Japan has no official army like they used have before the WW2) but the the that they have, that resembles an army is really strong and Xi jin Ping is well aware of that. Mind you North Korea is slipping out of China's grip. China is soooooo divided that getting chinese to fight against themselves is very easy. BTW China has no national army. The national army they have is actually the Taiwanese army. Yeah! That is true.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by dometome: 6:56am On Aug 01, 2018
WinningSun:

it's only on western media America us ahead of China
no they are not
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by dometome: 6:59am On Aug 01, 2018
LordAdam:

Are you familiar with the concept of black book national security projects?

If you assume that the United States does not have a quantum satellite despite leading in satellite, rocket launch, and quantum computing technology; then you are very delusional!

China has only one way to approach any problem. Steal the IP, use their manufacturing prowess to replicate it quickly, then use more stolen IP to refine their creation. The FBI in a testimony to Congress stated that China currently runs the most vast, hard line, and ingrained espionage operation in the US.

To be fair, I like many others would like the US to have competition; as they've misused their dominance more times than not. But China, at least as long as the CCP is still in charge, is anything but an ethical competition. They are just thieves everyone is scared to confront.

You like to say the US stole from Britain, except that the US and GB had the same political outlook; and they used their advancements to foster the special Anglo-American special relationship. China is not and will never be America's friend, and when they start dominating unilaterally they'd have no friends, not even Russia. Everyone would have to submit to the CCP mutely like is the case in China today.

-Lord
Do you know that it is the Americans that put Mao ze dung in power?
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by metroid(m): 7:09am On Aug 01, 2018
dacanv:
Nature can be cruel. But they should have known with all the sunami and stuffs they get. There are limits, one thing Chinese refuses to admit. Well I'll wait, for that bridge I must see.

And you think they didn't consider natural disasters in the design phase of the bridge
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by LordAdam: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
dometome:
Do you know that it is the Americans that put Mao ze dung in power?

If you mean by negligence/miscalculation then yes. Else, I'll say no. Chairman Mao was an astute politician who fended off the US-backed Taiwanese (KMT/ROC) to assume full control of mainland China but he was a terrible ruler.

-Lord
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by dometome: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
LordAdam:

If you mean by negligence/miscalculation then yes. Else, I'll say no. Chairman Mao was an astute politician who fended off the US-backed Taiwanese (KMT/ROC) to assume full control of mainland China but he was a terrible ruler.

-Lord
I beg to disagree. The Nationalists were actually in power then, but Franklin Roosevelt and Marshal preferred to listen to the communists and even ENGAGED in propaganda in favour of the communists.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by LordAdam: 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
dometome:
I beg to disagree. The Nationalists were actually in power then, but Franklin Roosevelt and Marshal preferred to listen to the communists and even ENGAGED in propaganda in favour of the communists.

The Nationalists were democratic. That should tell you all you need to know.

Or are you trying to say the US tried to actively/intently favor the communist CCP over the democratic KMT (even though their democratic leanings was basically just lip service) in the largest country on the planet? To this day the US has been on the KMT's side (modern Taiwan).

-Lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kidnappers Abduct More Motorists On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Pics) / Update On The Woman Deported From Germany At Midnight With Her 3 Kids (Pix) / Daniel Okocha, Oluwatosin Ade-Ojo & Femi Adebowale Killed In Canada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.