Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

I Want A Ring - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Want A Ring (439 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / I Want A Ring Episode 9 / I Want A Ring Episode 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Ring by Teaveapoet(f): 7:14am On Aug 01, 2018
Episode 1

"Welcome ma,
"Good morning dear! How was your night?
"Fine ma, thanks for the other day. Am grateful.
"Haba, Titi. How many times would you thank me for a ride?
"Haaa. Okay oo. Before i forget ma. The director asked after you this morning. He wants you to see him once you arrive.
"Oh, okay! I just hope its nothing serious.
"No ma, am sure it's good news! She replied
" I hope so, a good news on a wednesday morning won't be a bad idea. I muttered
"Let me have a word with the director then. See you later.

I walked pass the secretary office towards the large hall, the company has an architectural touch, from the main building stood strong large pillars which supported the gigantic storey, the main entrance with a large glass waredoor, open entrance to six room surrounded by the security front desk. A staircase leading to the CEO office, magnificently decorated with flowers, the passage leading to the right side of the block General secretary office then the receptionist desk each road has its linking place.

Indeed, money was all that matters, elevator with thumbscanner for attendance.

It had rained heavily the night before, the morning sun rose up late, the weather wasnt too friendly. I walked briskly into Mr Clinton's office and knocked.

"Come in!
"Good morning sir! I greeted
'Welcome Miss Victoria,
Hope your night was splendid?
Yes sir, very well sir.
Please have a seat.
Thank you,i replied.
' I'm sure the secretary informed you of my reason for this briefing?
'Oh, yes. She did.
'Good!
'Victoria, you are one of our loyal, hardworking and competence staff this company has ever had. We will miss you greatly.

'And again, thanks for your contributions, and suggestions which have been considered by the board of directors.
Congratulations dear! He smiled extending his hands to shook mine.
I stood there dumbfounded.

Oh, dear God. I ain't prepared for any melodrama today, i hope isn't sack letter. I soliloquized.
'No, it's not. A soft still voice replied me. My thought towards you are for good and not for evil.

"Take it. Mr Clinton's voice brought me back
We have decided to commend you for your effort too.

He handed over a brown paper envelop, smiling.
'Dear, my Father! I hate suspense.
I opened the brown paper envelope and got the greatest shock of my life.

Next Episode!

Follow https://teepoet..com

1 Like

Re: I Want A Ring by afolabiwunmi: 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
Come and continue oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Chimamanda Adichie At International Literature Festival, Dublin. / Content Writer Needed / I.t Staff Bus Palava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.