Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Forever Mine - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forever Mine (5852 Views)

Forever Mine (romance Short Story) / The Nairaland Literature Sanctuary, The Forever Contest (TNLS) / Story, Forever Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forever Mine by roniex2(f): 6:59am On Aug 19, 2018
Chapter Twenty-Four.

Thanatos.

For the first time in a long time, all the gods were in their full armour and everyone was
agitated. Zeus, Poseidon and Hades stood on one side of the room as they continuously
planned and argued on how to approach Cronus’ island.
And the others were scattered around the room, waiting for their decision. Ares was
polishing his weapons, Athena was studying a map, Hephaestus checked his newest
inventions, Artemis was loading silver bows in her quiver. Apollo was standing with his
wife Daphne beside him. She was also an immortal but she was a nymph and her powers were not as great as ours. He feared for her safety and she would be one of the few who would be left behind here on Olympus.
Seeing them saying goodbye to eachother brought a pang to my chest. I missed Ariadne
greatly.

The past three days without her have been hell. I never had a wink of sleep for
my mind was plagued with chaotic thoughts. I constantly thought of her and how she is. I
tried to think of the best but my mind loved to wander and think of all the ways she could
have been hurt.

“We have got to act now! We know where he is! We have to move” Hades shouted and
one of the beautiful marble pillars burst because of the intensity of his rage.

“Every second we waste is another second that my daughter falls further into his grasp.”
Hades continued.

“I agree, brother. Every second we waste, Cronus gets stronger and stronger. And
thousands more are going to die.”
“I know this. But Rhea has pledged her support. Without her and the demi-gods she has
in her custody, we are no match for cronus. Poseidon cant even calm the seas and the
earth continues to tremble” Zeus explained in an effort to placate his brother.

Two days ago, Hades, Zeus, Poseidon and I had gone to the realm of Rhea. It was deep
down in the lost city of atlantis in the ocean. She coexisted with some demi-gods,
mermaids and mermen in peace and they all lived in harmony.

Unlike those who wanted power and were imprisoned in eternal sleep in Tartarus. She had welcomed her sons and
pledged her loyalty to them. She would do anything to prevent her sons from getting hurt
by a wicked, power hungry man.
“For all we know, she could have changed her mind! I’d rather die fighting than waiting
for allies that might never come!” Persephone spoke up.
And at her words, everyone’s heads turned towards them.
Could it be that Rhea had changed her mind? Has she decided to side with her husband
and turn against us?
“I have faith in our mother. She will be here soon” Hades calmly told his queen.

“I am not wasting another second here while my daughter is probably already killed or in
a serious danger!” Persephone said through gritted teeth. She turned around to strap on
her armour. A few seconds later, massive earthquake began to shake Olympus.
And then chaos ensued.

The floor appeared as though it was rising and falling because of the intensity of the
quakes. Screams echoed across the room as the beautiful sculptures, hanging torches,
various vases and the archways all crashed to the ground. The shaking was so intense
that all of us also fell on the floor. I grabbed a nearby pillar and held on. I also grabbed
Hera who slid towards me and anchored her towards the pillar.

For what felt like a long time, we were bounced up and down while other parts of the
castle started to fall.

And lastly, a large crack appeared in the throne room and it widened and deepened until the place split into two. After that, the quakes started to slowly ease away until there
were only slight tremors.

And before everything completely stopped, Cronus’ laughter echoed all over mount
Olympus.

It was followed by Zeus’ very loud roar of fury.
“We will go now!” he shouted and then the room was flooded with light as he unleashed
his true form. It was followed by the war cry of the other gods as they followed Zeus and
unleashed their true forms.
“To Greece!” Poseidon shouted.

I let my power flow through me and imagined my mortal form dissolving. And then there
was this huge spike of power followed by a sense of freedom.

I opened my eyes and saw the shadows swirling before me. Something that only happened when I unleashed my
true powers completely. In the distance, I could hear the wailing of the damned but it
was all drowned out by the powers of the other gods and goddesses.

And then we all prepared to teleport ourselves to Greece. All of us were itching for this
fight. It’s a fight to rid the world again of the Titan that ruled it before. A fight to save
mortals and my mate. One thing is sure; we will fight until the very end.

Luna/Ariadne.
Somewhere in Athens,
Greece.

“They’re coming. I know it” Cronus announced.

“And they will defeat you”

“No… I will defeat them. Now that I have combined your powers with the ones I have
gotten.” He said, laughing and I breathed heavily, feeling weak.

Ever since Cronus transferred my powers to him, I have been feeling like half of my soul was gone.

Cronus crotched to the ground where I was lying and placed his fingers under my chin
and then forced me to look at him. I could not do anything but obey for he completely
drained me.

“You don’t have much faith in me, do you? I can do so much more… you think your
Olympians are powerful? They are my offsprings and their powers come from me. Watch me as I seep out Aiken’s powers as the sun god and god of death without him even
realizing it. They will not defeat me a second time.” He said and then let go of me.

He waved his hand and I felt us being teleported. When the darkness eased, I saw that we were situated on top of a cliff. Cronus walked away from me and gazed into the
horizon as though waiting for something.

“They are close…” He said with an enthusiastic smile.

I bowed my head and wished with all my heart that Cronus isn’t as powerful as he thinks he is. I prayed to Cosmos to make the Olympians win the battle, for goodness to prevail and for Aiken and I to have an eternity together for we were just getting building our love when this whole thing happened. There couldn’t have been a worse timing.

“It’ll only be just a little while now” he grinned. I wondered what his heart was made of. I
have never seen a being interested in battle like Cronus is now.

“Ah they are here!” he said and I took a sharp intake of breath.

I glanced toward the horizon and saw several specks flying towards us at a great speed.
And with them came a huge surge of power in the air.

The wind increased and the dark skies became filled with thunder and lightning. Also, some rays of the sun peeked from amongst the thick clouds. Hope soared inside me at the sight of the Olympians spread out across the heavens like that. They looked
menacing and they emitted so much aura of power.

But at the same time, I felt a sense of dread.
They were here to fight. And in a war, bloodshed cannot be avoided.

When they were near enough, I saw Cronus raise his hand. there was a large surge of his
magic and the winds responded. The winds became so severe that I saw several of the
Olympians stagger while the others fell into the ocean. But there were still a huge
number of them that kept on flying.
And within a few seconds, they landed on the cliff before us. I also realized that Cronus
planned this all for he had the wards removed. If he didn’t, they wouldn’t be able to
answer it. And then I also had the feeling that this was all trap.

“Noooo” I shouted but it was too late.
The minute they landed, the earth turned into a quick sand and they started to sink. And
no matter how hard they tried to struggle, they weren’t able to escape Cronus’ old Titan
magic. Curses started spouting all around as I looked out for Aiken.

On the other hand, Zeus started pelting Cronus with his thunderbolts but Cronus just
stood there and smiled as if nothing’s happened.

“Now.. that was too easy, wasn’t it? Honestly, I expected more of a challenge” Cronus
said. He snapped his fingers and the quick sand hardened, effectively trapping some of
the Olympian gods. curses spouted from Ares’ mouth as he tried lifting himself from the sand.
“This is not over, Cronus” Ares spat.
“I think it is” The Titan argued.
“Its far from over” a familiar voice whispered.

2 Likes

Re: Forever Mine by excelmerry: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2018
roniex2:

My dear I have been waiting for your comment. I can't update without you...
#firstcommenter wink
Abi ooo.. carry go jare grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by roniex2(f): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chapter Twenty-Five

Suddenly, Cronus fell to the ground as a large ball of energy as strong as the sun hurled
towards him, illuminating the whole place. I looked up and saw that it was none other
than Aiken. I was shocked to see him glowing and the power of the sun radiating from
him.
It seemed like his memories were back too and his power unleashed.
And when he looked at me, I didn’t see Thanatos. I saw Aiken, in his full glory.
He was wearing a robe made of gold. The golden robe my father, Helius used to wear.
Only now it was brighter and sparkling. His breeches were white, blinding white this time.
A belt was tied around his waist and daggers were tied around it. A scabbard made of
pure gold also rested in his belt and it read ‘the sun god’. I instantly recognized it when I
saw the logo of a smiling sun with twelve rays scattered around it. It was the same
sword my father used in wars.
I looked at him from head to toe and hope crept into my heart. His body glowed with
brightness and fiery like the sun.
“How? When?” I had wanted to ask him when he looked at me again and he whispered
‘Luna’.
He stretched out his hands and a pulse of power went from him to Cronus and he fell to
his knees.
Surprise flustered over the faces of Hades and the rest of the Olympian gods and
goddesses as they rose from the sand.
Suddenly, Cronus rose to his feet, threw his head back and laughed. The air around us
was charged with static electricity as lightning shot towards Cronus but he was able to
dodge it effectively. Poseidon tried to shake the earth but it was of no use for Cronus
had more power over the earth for he was a Titan.
Aiken continued using his powers which appeared to be the only one working but it had
just a little effect on Cronus and sometimes, he would dodge it. Ares tried to use his
skills as a warrior but he couldn’t even come close enough. Artemis and her huntresses
fired their silver arrows but even though they met their mark, their magic was nothing to
a Titan. Apollo stood beside them and he too used his bow and arrows equipped with
flames but they were too powerless to affect Cronus. Hecate also chanted her spells but
it just bounced off the Titan’s skin.
Also, I saw Demeter try to control the vines and prepare traps for Cronus but it all failed.
And yet again, Cronus’ mocking laughter filled the air.
“How did you defeat me in the first place when you all were a bunch of pathetic fools?”
Cronus taunted and I saw my mom, Persephone shiver as she was trying so much to do something to defeat him.
Hades struck his hand on the floor as he summoned shades of warriors, dead army men
and heros. They filled the battle field with weapons and began fighting with Cronus’
group of vampires, minotaur and disgusting beings Cronus also summoned.
And all around me, the war raged on and on..
I felt my skin burn, as if a thousand red-hot needles were piercing my skin as fire balls,
stones, arrows and what not hit my skin as I layed on the floor helplessly.
I saw Aiken close his eyes and I felt his power seeping out. Cronus arched his back and
screamed. It was so loud that the earth shook once more. What Aiken did seemed to
affect him greatly. I wanted to tell him to summon the golden army my father had
entrusted in him but I was too weak to speak, after I had gone four days without food or
water and Cronus made me weaker by draining me.
I looked around and saw the war rage on. Hades tried summoning chains from Tartarus
to wrap around Cronus but that only infuriated him for he refused to be defeated. Cronus
summoned more powers and the skies went dark once more. I felt a moment of fear
because without the golden army, we might lose the battle and be subjected to Cronus’
cruelty for life. what would then become of the mortals? We could even be wiped off,
losing our lives and the opportunity for Aiken and I to be together.
In the midst of the battle, I heard Aiken’s roar of pain. Cronus cut his right arm and he
now had difficulty fighting. Cronus thrust his lance to Aiken’s side and he fell, groaning
loudly with his voice laced with pain.
Cronus raised his sword and prepared to thrust it into Aiken’s chest.
I stared with pain surging through my body and my eyes revealed the gravity of what I
felt for they gave out a river of tears.
“Goodbye, god of death” Cronus said and laughed.
“Not today.” A new voice entered the fray.
Suddenly, Cronus was blasted backwards. The air before us shimmered and a gleaming
white portal appeared.
A woman in a white gown stepped out of it followed by several large armed men.
“Rhea?!” Cronus’ voice was filled with disbelief as he gazed at the woman as if
remembering a time long past.
“Yes, husband” she said sweetly, but the look in her eyes was one filled with fury. Then,
she turned towards Zeus and the others.
“Pardon our late arrival, we had to find ways for the mermen to be turned to this form”
“What matters is that you’re here” Zeus shouted.
Everyone was suddenly filled with a new hope to fight. I guessed Rhea and her group of
men were our allies and even though I didn’t know the kind of arrangement they had with
her, I knew she was one our side.
And from the records, she is my grand mother and also a virtous woman.
Now, it’s a fair fight and we have the chance of winning.
“You think you can win now? Fools!” Cronus spat.
Rhea and her men bristled with anger and it was so powerful that it stirred the air and chased away the darkness.
“Rhea! Come here, this instant!” Cronus barked.
She shook her head.
“The time I obeyed you as my husband and king has long passed.”
He clenched his fists and the ground trembled with his rage.
“You dare side with them? You betrayed me the first time and now you still choose
them?”
“They are my children, Cronus. Had you been a loving father to them rather than
swallowing them because you feared their power, they would not have overthrown you.
They would have been happy that you were king and submitted to you.”
Cronus scoffed.
“Fine then. You chose your path Rhea and your fate has been sealed” he snarled and
lunged for her. He grabbed her hand and she glowed until it was too bright to see. When
the light dimmed, Cronus was on the floor and her dagger was at his neck.
“You will never win, Cronus”
“Tell me why?” he said with a raised eyebrow.
“Evil never wins”
Then Rhea closed her eyes and her body glowed once more. I felt the heat emanating
from her and it nearly came to the point that it was unbearable. The remaining creatures
Cronus summoned that were fighting with the gods melted into a puddle of mud on the
floor and they soon disappeared.
“Aiken, god of the sun. only you can break his immortality and kill him” Rhea said and
she turned to look at one of the men that came with her. The latter walked towards Aiken
and I saw him give Aiken a kind of liquid.
Aiken coughed and rose up, feeling and looking much more stronger. His bleeding
stopped and his wounds closed up.
He moved closer to Cronus who was still struggling to release himself from Rhea’s tight
grip and unleashed his powers. He combined his death aura with the sun’s and after a
few moments, black streaks appeared from Cronus’ skin. After a few more seconds, his
cheeks started to look hollow. His skin sagged and wrinkled appeared. The black lines
spread faster until it outlined his veins. His eyes rolled back in his head and his hair
started to lose colour.
Then it fell off.
I saw Aiken gave his all, without holding back and all the nearby trees, plants and
creatures immediately died. Everything around shriveled up and stopped existing.
So did Cronus.
I felt something change and I knew then that he was no longer a mortal.
Aiken looked at Rhea and she nodded to him.
He twisted his hand and Cronus' heart seemed to have pierced, maybe even split into
two.
Blood bubbled from his lips and stained his chest. It was not the Ichor, the golden blood
of the gods but the colour red blood of the mortals.
Then his eyes became blank and his soul called out to Aiken like the souls of those that
died.
He was no longer an immortal, and now he was truly dead.
Aiken turned and our eyes met from across the field.
I smiled at him as he started to run while shouts of victory echoed all around the field.
He slammed into me and bent down to kiss me and I gigglef with happiness.
"We won, Luna"
"Yes we did, Aiken. Evil never prevails" I replied with my face stained with tears.
"Now, we get to start our eternity together" he said and I smiled as I held his face and
kissed him like never before.
And the last thing I heard before I got consumed with desire for him was the other gods
and goddesses lewdly cheering us on as we kissed.
Then everything faded away except for th feel of his tongue claiming me and the heat of
his body as it was pressed against mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forever Mine by roniex2(f): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
EPILOGUE

{A year after the legendary battle of the gods}

Luna/Ariadne.

I looked around and saw that I was in the Underworld and I was in Aiken's bedroom. But
not only that, I saw myself lying on the bed looking very pale and tired.
Suddenly, the door opened and Aiken strode in.
He sat on the bed and took my hand and and kissed my palm.
My eyelids fluttered open and I gave him a lopsided smile.
"Are you Alright?" He asked, his voice choked with emotion.
He tightened his grip on my hand and that was when I noticed the wounds on his
knuckles.
"What happened to you?" I asked him.
"I was so nervous that I punched a few things" He replied tersely.
"Where's Eileithyia? Everything's okay isn't it?" He said nervously as he glanced around
the room.
"You worry too much!" I replied while i soothed Aiken by patting his hand.
"That was absolutely terrible. I am not putting you through that again. Your screams were
nearly the death of me" Aiken said, his voice laced with fear.
"I wouldn't trade that experience for the world you know? You'll know why when you hold
them" I replied, looking at the father of my children lovinly.
"Them?" He asked, his brows bunching together.
Before I could reply, the door burst open and Eileithyia entered, bearing two bundles.
"Your son and daughter, Thanatos" She said as she placed the two bundles on Aiken's
arms. She pulled aside the bundle and I behind the most beautiful children in the world.
The boy had his father's grey eyes with specks of gold while the girl had my big doe eyes
with full lush lips. She looked much more like me with her dainty features though she has
her father's stubborn nose. Both of them were beautiful and perfect.
I saw Aiken's eyes cloud with tears as he stared at his precious children.
"Twins..." He said in a choked voice as he wasn't able to fight the spillage of tears
anymore.
"Yes. A boy and a girl" I replied and Aiken's head lifted and looked with pride at me.
I felt my heart constrict with the look he gave me. It was so full of love and pride. Then he
bent and kissed me. I saw Eileithyia, the goddess of child birth sneak discreetly out of
the room to give us some privacy.
"Thank you" he whispered and kissed me again.
"You've decided on the names?" I asked, supporting my aching back with two pillows.
"Yes, Aelle and Aella" he said as he kissed his infant's son and daughter's heads. He
placed our children in my arms and enveloped us all in a fierce hug.
"Cosmos granted our wish. She gave us more than we asked for"
I smiled and kissed his forehead.
I wouldn't have asked for another man to spend my eternity with.
Aiken and I
And now Aelle and Aella, together forever.
"Congratulations!" I heard Fio's loud voice and clattering down the hallway and I rolled my
eyes with a funny pout of my lips.
"Fio!" I giggled.
THE END

2 Likes

Re: Forever Mine by afolabiwunmi: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Weldon for the job so far.

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by excelmerry: 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2018
Wow!!! Amazing!!! Roniex2 thank u so much for sharing this beautiful piece with us.. each page was worth it. Hoping this won't be ur last story here on nairaland. Inspiration for another story fall on u..

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by pweetymhi(f): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
This is just wow, u did a very nice job, looking forward to reading another piece from u soon

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by Mhizdebs(f): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
thanks for this interesting piece...

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by OLAFIMIX(f): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
A nice story

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by Ann2012(f): 12:46am On Aug 23, 2018
Kudos Roniex2

Interesting story

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by Fijumokesayo(f): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wow! I enjoy every bit of this lovey story, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by HarmonyJael(f): 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nice ending dear

1 Like

Re: Forever Mine by roniex2(f): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Another novel for you guys..
https://www.nairaland.com/4694193/devil-husband

That's the link. Trust me you won't want to miss out on this ride.
Title' Devil For A Husband

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ede Yoruba Dun Ka / I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Get Grammarly Premium, And Take Your Writing To An Enhanced Professional Level.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.