Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi (27752 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
skallion7:
This one is spewing trash, Chinese are new overlords?, very funny

Dumbo like won't know Chinese is stealing you
gold right there destroying your forests

Dullard like you didn't know your president used millions to buys sanitary pads. Itinerant loafer

Fool like you arguing with someone like me your father will rather be his Butler. Satan destroy you
Everyone knows the Chinese are tearing you a new anus right next to the one they just destroyed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by skallion7(m): 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:
Everyone knows the Chinese are tearing you a new anus right next to the one they just destroyed grin grin
you're just whining like a worm that ran into a heap of salt, a least be coherent for once so that you can save your impoverished father and the LovePeddler you called a mother can be happy for once they finally give birth to sensible fellow to end curse of being a dullard in your lineage. Chinese my new lord my foot!!!

Bleep off here wasted sperm
Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
skallion7:
you're just whining like a worm that ran into a heap of salt, a least be coherent for once so that you can save your impoverished father and the LovePeddler you called a mother can be happy for once they finally give birth to sensible fellow to end curse of being a dullard in your lineage. Chinese my new lord my foot!!!

Bleep off here wasted sperm

What's your argument? I didnt see any.
Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by Just30: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:
Atlease we don't have the capacity of oil Nigeira has but still manage to pass a budget without bribery and corruption and without borrowing from your new Masters, China. ahahahahahaha. Incompetent pubescent wasteaway. grin grin grin Yeap, you heard it here first; the Chinese are your new overlords.
can you immagine it took a year or two for a budget to be passed and even up till now
No one knows what the budget contains grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by phabulux: 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Apina:
We did same to them in 1983 and even took over their properties when they left but due to the bastards we always vote into power, the hands of time has turned undecided

NOTE: All those referring me to 1969, only those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it. We are only reaping from our bad decisions. Ghana is 100% better than us because we have chosen to sell ourselves out.

Mumu dey affect person.

Don't affect me with your mumu.

Be warned!
Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by phabulux: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:
Atlease we don't have the capacity of oil Nigeira has but still manage to pass a budget without bribery and corruption and without borrowing from your new Masters, China. ahahahahahaha. Incompetent pubescent wasteaway. grin grin grin Yeap, you heard it here first; the Chinese are your new overlords.

We don hear you!

Need a lil' weed more?

You ghanians (lower case) are fuc..k..tards. You heard it here first.
Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by Babacele: 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
Aderewah:
They said it's when a big problem fall a man, small ones will start beating chest if not for our foolish leaders and more foolish citizens, ibadan should be better than Ghana in everything.

Ftc sweet sha. Wow. Great view from the top. I can see all the mods and users from this height. See how people full politics and romance section while science and technology be looking like borno. Thats why we are importing toothpick in 2018. Shior
still waiting for you o at the photography thread.
Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by Mavrik: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
Most of you just comment on this forum without the full import of the story... Those who vex me most are the few Ghanaians on this forum. People from a different country are throwing are sending wrong impressions about your country to the outside world, others are telling lies and not a single person is debunking their assertions, you are rather going off target.

Look I am a full blooded Ghanaian and proud of it.

1) Ghanaians do not hate any body, cool headed Nigerians would attest to this.

2) the law that prohibits foreigners in the retail trade is not a new law- it has been there since God knows when but was revised in 1992 udring the constitutional reviw, besides most countries have it, including Nigeria.

3)The law is mostly misquoted and misrepresented by people and I see that on this forum.

4) To paraphrase it, The law reserves the retail trade for only Ghanaians traders within the Business District. These business districts are simply designated places built by the Ghanaian tax payer. Which means foreigners including Nigerians can do their retail trade so far as its not within the business district.

4) Most Ghanaian traders will want to follow the law by paying their taxes, but such cannot be said of the foreigners, its hard to monitor them, aside that most of the goods sold by these Nigerians are smuggled. This gives them advantage over their Ghanaian counterparts in terms of lower prices. Its not like you know business better than Ghanaians. We can compete with anyone but we want to do it fairly.

5) I can tell you on authority that most of these trade more than what you and i know. Drugs. I have an uncle there i know what i am talking about. Ghana will never sack Nigerians away. We have grown past that stage. If you care to know Nigeria is more protectionist than any country in Africa.

6) The same Nigeria that is complaining about Ghana's actions, has yearly released import prohibition list, that bans the import of some items from foreign countries including Ghana- an ecowas member. Today Nigerians are acting all clean and innocent. If you don't know Nigeria has along list of banned items from Ghana including textiles. And we are all supposed to be ecowas members. I will want to believe the Nigerian Government wants to fight for the interest of its citizens by placing a ban on imports. But if even Nigeria can do that, why cant Ghana also look out for its citizens. Please we have abundance of retail traders in the business district. What we want is big money investment, with solid technology transfer and massive employment, not these sopi sopi petty traders. Please.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by Mavrik: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
DABREEZYTOS:
looking at this really daze me..GHANA OF ALL VILLAGE...HMM SORRY COUNTRY......MY PVC UNDER MY PILLOW ALWAYS...can't wait for 2019...

Thats what the average Nigerian thinks.... For the average Nigerian he is better than every body. Well sorry to tell you. We Ghanaians are a proud people. Dont think becos of Ghana must go , you are better than Ghanaians. you are not. Yes some did petty trading in your country. But also do well to remember there were lecturers, bussinessmen/women, entrepreneurs etc.

Before the Ghanaian came to Nigeria for greener pastures, your ancestors were in Ghana working as laborer on my grandfathers cocoa farm. so learn to show respect to yours elders. If you see us as your money, then you are the banana we have been longing for. peace to you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi by DABREEZYTOS(f): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2018
uncle/aunty,why quoting me over a stale news?
Mavrik:

Thats what the average Nigerian thinks.... For the average Nigerian he is better than every body. Well sorry to tell you. We Ghanaians are a proud people. Dont think becos of Ghana must go , you are better than Ghanaians. you are not. Yes some did petty trading in your country. But also do well to remember there were lecturers, bussinessmen/women, entrepreneurs etc.

Before the Ghanaian came to Nigeria for greener pastures, your ancestors were in Ghana working as laborer on my grandfathers cocoa farm. so learn to show respect to yours elders. If you see us as your money, then you are the banana we have been longing for. peace to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is This Unionbank Advert The Best Advert This Year? / Kofo Akinkugbe Becomes The First Smatcard/Sim Producer In West Africa. / Help! Money Keeps Disappearing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.