Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) (41288 Views)

Video Of President-Elect Bola Tinubu At The National Mosque Yesterday / Pix: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Today in Area 1 Mosque, Abuja / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by theoldpretender(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
PastorandMentor:
I wan start church there. Any land for me?

The land in that area has been completely built up...and any free land would be very very costly.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by PastorandMentor(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hmmm. You are right. Heard Abuja is an expensive city. How person wan cope na
theoldpretender:

The land in that area has been completely built up...and any free land would be very very costly.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by olajizz01(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
mustafa006:
Ordinary picture of a mosque and they are showcasing the bigotry talent. Do u think northerners will complain if it was a church? southern Christian should grow up pls, there bigotry mindset is alarming
Can you imaging,every small issue is change to bigotry esp. Igbo Christians.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by j1mmy: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
mustafa006:

bloody jobless bogotic slowpoke, shame! on you, your
hatred will consume you

funny coming from a brainwashed monkey!

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Dollabiz: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Akpacha(m): 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prop undecidedhet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

This post above:

Why most one swear all this b4 making comments abt Islamic post? Is it same with muslims making comments on Christian related post? I have it.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
kyutepanda:

oh dummy....you people have started with your mumu religious fights and would pretend to be one when needs be

you haven't seen nothing, they will use their tongues to spread hatred and religious conflict in the land then when the problem start they will start crying that Christians are being killed, where as they too kill Muslims oh.

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
olajizz01:
Can you imaging,every small issue is change to bigotry esp. Igbo Christians.

absolutely spot on, that's what they do, always causing religious problem with their tongues
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by wink2015(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD DECENTRALISE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA.

Northern Leaders who have held power starting from the 80s have pack all the wealth sourced from crude oil money to Abuja.

IT IS EITHER ABUJA OR NOWHERE ELSE!

Sea ports in Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar are suffering at the expense of our battered federalism.

NIGERIA MUST COMMENCE RESTRUCTURING OF THE COUNTRY.

ENOUGH OF THIS OVER CENTRALIZATION OF NIGERIA 'S WEALTH.

I know Northern Nigeria is not comfortable with this position but they have no choice than to key into.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by gebest: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

CAN and NSCIA both got N10 million for the building of a National mosque and church in Abuja in the 1980's.

CAN , I think, thought that N10million would not be enough, started fundraising for a National Ecumenical Center as early as 1992/3...and work started around that time, but was not complete till 2006.

There was a lot more to the above story though.
I liked that
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by meccuno: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
dbynonetwork:

It is very clear you were born senseless....
Terrorist Northerners...
Dgringringringringringringringringringrin;
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Sterope(f): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
We have a national church. Oh wait! How about a national pagan shrine?

Racoon:
The past & present leadership of Nigeria have a plan to make Islam dominant.What explains the conspicious national mosque back then when Nigeria in not a secular state
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Sterope(f): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
You need to see a doctor
thesicilian:
Seems the first thing built in the city was a mosque.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by theoldpretender(m): 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sterope:
We have a national church. Oh wait! How about a national pagan shrine?

If Nigerian traditional religionists can agree on a universal space...why not

Problem is,our trado religions are very very many and very very different. A Hausa pagan does not worship the same gods as a Yoruba, Ibo, Ijaw, Jukun,Tiv, Igala, etc pagan....
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Asbaba(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
I don't know what is wrong with us, hatred over each other. from religious to ethnic, region and am sure one day racism would be reason of criticism and hatred among Nigerians..

the two main religions in this country were brought by foreigners (invaders). and let's not forget the fact that every single one of us has as much right as any one to choose which religion to follow.

why do we fight ourselves over something that our great grandparents never heard of. we fight and hate each other over what we didn't inherited from our great grandparents.

the only way to development is to recognize each other as brothers and sisters.

may God help us.

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by mustafa006: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
j1mmy:

funny coming from a brainwashed monkey!
shame on you, U most be a product of failed durex condom
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Basic123: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Are you looking for a young Christain girl to kidnap and forcefully convert to Islam?
Like you Christians always propagate about Islam cool
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Aguata1stson(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
Wow, we develop am
check my signature for Fumigation services
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by kyutepanda(f): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
sulesadat:

you haven't seen nothing, they will use their tongues to spread hatred and religious conflict in the land then when the problem start they will start crying that Christians are being killed, where as they too kill Muslims oh.

lol all is well

idina siratal mustakim
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
thesicilian:
Seems the first thing built in the city was a mosque.

Not really.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by GetCofOProperty: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
We can't see the surroundings acclaimed to be on display.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

CAN and NSCIA both got N10 million for the building of a National mosque and church in Abuja in the 1980's.

CAN , I think, thought that N10million would not be enough, started fundraising for a National Ecumenical Center as early as 1992/3...and work started around that time, but was not complete till 2006.

tell us more.

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by ddjay: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sirjamo:
You have a problem with that?
he is telling you the truth
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by ddjay: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sirjamo:
You have a problem with that?
he is telling you the truth
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by ddjay: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
slimfit1:

Don't panic everything was built with corruption so relax the joke is on them. Allah can't be fooled what is wrong then is wrong now. Build 20 mosque if you don't build it through the right channel you have wasted your time.
oga sir,i so respect your point,may the almighty bless your generation
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by jbbalarabe(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

God bless you ,you know the story its been long that CAN has been jobbing
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by kabillionaire(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Most of it is unexceptional. Even the presidential Villa and office is ' just there ' no architectural marvels I can assure you. The real things of interest are what you don't see : underground roads and tunnels for instance.

Hmmnn! u're versed.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
kabillionaire:

Hmmnn! u're versed.

Not really.
One of my big bros worked there during Jonathan's time. I used the opportunity to visit.
Many areas are off limits though, you need a security pass and there are various categories of those.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by fabianjay101(m): 3:03am On Aug 04, 2018
kyutepanda:

oh dummy....you people have started with your mumu religious fights and would pretend to be one when needs be
why will i fight for what i dont really understand? you see that the problem with you smart dummy, who religion help? get lost
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by kyutepanda(f): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2018
fabianjay101:
why will i fight for what i dont really understand? you see that the problem with you smart dummy, who religion help? get lost

Nigga if religion no epp you he epp me hoin, he epp me gan
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by fabianjay101(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
kyutepanda:

I'm happy for you.. Enjoy yourself
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by fabianjay101(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
kyutepanda:

my time's so precious for me to waste on you madam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi / This Drawing Has A Strong Message For You / How Alex Mascot Ikwechegh Empowers Abia State Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.