Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) (41287 Views)

Video Of President-Elect Bola Tinubu At The National Mosque Yesterday / Pix: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Today in Area 1 Mosque, Abuja / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by j1mmy: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Islam and any of its symbols should be wiped off the face of the earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by AmeLonRo(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2018
Great!
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2018
thesicilian:
Seems the first thing built in the city was a mosque.

Any problem with that? ?
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by RexTramadol1: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2018
Nice one

I'm sure the OP lives with IBB.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2018
Sirjamo:
You have a problem with that?
help me ask that guy o

The breed of Christians we have in Nigeria tho

many of them have no sense

2 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by frowland(m): 10:45am On Aug 03, 2018
Racoon:
The past & present leadership of Nigeria have a plan to make Islam dominant.What explains the conspicious national mosque back then when Nigeria in not a secular state

Seems you are young? Because I can remember that both christian association and their Muslim counterparts was giving same amount and choice lands for their buildings. I cannot really follow the news afterwards but I think Obasanjo had to still pump more funds for CAN to complete theirs. Talk of one diverting their money and the other making judicious use of their own money.

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2018
Watch as Igbos filled with bigotry storm this post

2 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 10:46am On Aug 03, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
As a born and bred citizen of Abuja.. Abuja was fun, quiet and great place to reside. Now, useless Iyamiri with their yam legs oloshos and flat head drug pushers has turned abuja into a slum and noisy market place. The good old times, the good old times.

oh really?

tell me more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by 3verblazing(m): 10:47am On Aug 03, 2018
Op for put b4 and Now pictures na.. So that pple wey neva Reach Abuja before go understand better...

***I do Dstv/Gotv subscription at cheaper rates... Dstv Access (real price 2000), (my price 1800)
Dstv family ( real price 4000), (my price 3700)
Dstv premium (real price 15800) (my price 14900)
And more
Call me for more details
See my signature

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Sunnywhite33: 10:49am On Aug 03, 2018
All this place are surroundings of Abuja mosque, it's really big
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by demoBaba: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

CAN and NSCIA both got N10 million for the building of a National mosque and church in Abuja in the 1980's.

CAN , I think, thought that N10million would not be enough, started fundraising for a National Ecumenical Center as early as 1992/3...and work started around that time, but was not complete till 2006.

There was a lot more to the above story though.

You said it all..... National Ecumenical Center and National Mosque which there aren't form each other.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2018
dbynonetwork:
They always have an evil agenda against the Christians......
But the Lord of lords has prevailed...
CAN and NSCIA both got N10 million for the building of a National mosque and church in Abuja in the 1980's.
Now Who are the they that have evil agenda ?
The CAN leaders that diverted the funds to be used for building the church?
Or
The Muslims that used the money to build the mosque

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Tomiwaaaa: 11:00am On Aug 03, 2018
Racoon:
The past & present leadership of Nigeria have a plan to make Islam dominant.What explains the conspicious national mosque back then when Nigeria in not a secular state
you don't have sense.
Period

3 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Jbleenk: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2018
Of all those that have commented on this post no body have the presence of mind to show us how the mosque look in this present day?

6 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by theoldpretender(m): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2018
Abubakarsiddeeq:

Or

Neither CAN nor NSCIA (as you rightly pointed out) diverted funds.

N10 million was a lot of money in the late 80's...the problem was it was not enough for either CAN orNSCIA's building projects.

NSCIA got the extra cash from Saudi. CAN chose to go the direct fundrasier route...ie raise cash from Nigerian Chirstians...which was easier said than done. Eventually, the funds were gotten...and the Ecumenical center aka National Church was built.

(Lesson...never try to hold fundraisersin Nigeria...Nigerians are not rich wink)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by kyutepanda(f): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2018
fabianjay101:
yes i do.. how important was the mosque to Nigerian economic growth back then? that was a waste

oh dummy....you people have started with your mumu religious fights and would pretend to be one when needs be

2 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by adecz: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2018
undecided undecided

Nigeria,

A country full of very religious people,
but very few Godly people.

That is Nigeria.

undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by atilla(m): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2018
Jbleenk:
Of all those that have commented on this post no body have the presence of mind to show us how the mosque look in this present day?

Correct guy

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by theoldpretender(m): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2018
frowland:

Seems you are young? Because I can remember that both christian association and their Muslim counterparts was giving same amount and choice lands for their buildings. I cannot really follow the news afterwards but I think Obasanjo had to still pump more funds for CAN to complete theirs. Talk of one diverting their money and the other making judicious use of their own money.

CAN did not divert funds...the N10million was not enough for what they were planning to build at the time...so they went the fundraisng route.

At one time, they tried to get every Chirstian in Nigeria to contribute N10 to the building funds.

Like you said...it took OBJ's intervention for the project to be completed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Jbleenk: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2018
atilla:

Correct guy

Knuckles bros one origin bitters on me
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

Neither CAN nor NSCIA (as you rightly pointed out) diverted funds.

N10 million was a lot of money in the late 80's...the problem was it was not enough for either CAN orNSCIA's building projects.

NSCIA got the extra cash from Saudi. CAN chose to go the direct fundrasier route...ie raise cash from Nigerian Chirstians...which was easier said than done. Eventually, the funds were gotten...and the Ecumenical center aka National Church was built.

(Lesson...never try to hold fundraisersin Nigeria...Nigerians are not rich wink)

dont mind them, they want to start calling CAN bad name again
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

CAN , I think, thought that N10million would not be enough, started fundraising for a National Ecumenical Center as early as 1992/3...and work started around that time, but was not complete till 2006.

u are right... christians were waiting for the government to come and build the church for them, Atiku donated 3 billion naira to complete the mosque.... It was later that Rochas gave the christian 500 million naira to complete the church...

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by mustafa006: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2018
Ordinary picture of a mosque and they are showcasing the bigotry talent. Do u think northerners will complain if it was a church? southern Christian should grow up pls, there bigotry mindset is alarming

2 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

And they still did a shoddy job with the money donated. No unity. It was even obasanjo dt stepped it up and completed it. The mosque is still shiny and glistering today while the ecumenical centers roof is rusting and falling off. Mscheeew!
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by frowland(m): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

CAN did not divert funds...the N10million was not enough for what they were planning to build at the time...so they went the fundraisng route.

At one time, they tried to get every Chirstian in Nigeria to contribute N10 to the building funds.

Like you said...it took OBJ's intervention for the project to be completed.

I used the word divert because the project actually took off the late 80s but by then the value of the naira have so much deprciated that appeal fund from all Christians was thought of.
It was unbelievable to think that 10 million Naira as of the late 70s and early 80s was never enough to build such building. Going by our national budget of 7 billion about the same time, I think 10 million was enough to build CAN center.
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by mustafa006: 11:43am On Aug 03, 2018
j1mmy:
Islam and any of its symbols should be wiped off the face of the earth.
bloody jobless bogotic slowpoke, shame! on you, your
hatred will consume you

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 03, 2018
mustafa006:
Ordinary picture of a mosque and they are showcasing the bigotry talent. Do u think northerners will complain if it was a church? southern Christian should grow up pls, there bigotry mindset is alarming

SouthEast christians.

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by dbynonetwork: 11:50am On Aug 03, 2018
Abubakarsiddeeq:

Or
Ok
I am sorry sir...

1 Like

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Quality20(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2018
I would like to pray in d mosque one day sha. Hope they preach in Hausa
Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by Godwin978(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
Caseless:
cool cool

Waiting for na-we-oyel-money-dem-take-develop am crew to arrive.
nefore nko? is it yam tomatoes and groundnut money was used to develop Abuja? without Crude oil i dont know what Nigeria would look like, we should be respected at all levels because we made Nageria what is today, Up South South

2 Likes

Re: The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) by PastorandMentor(m): 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
I wan start church there. Any land for me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor / Ibe Kachikwu Now U.S. Citizen / Falz To Buhari: You Clearly Know Nothing About Respecting The Will Of The People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.