Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,373 members, 7,954,508 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (55852 Views)

UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Lhimeet(m): 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
Babyvet:
My people, no vex, it's not by force to come to America. It's very anti immigrant here, that idiot in office would like to curb immigration period, even the legal ones. If I had my way, I would like to come back home to nigeria, america don dey tire me sef. America is nice, but it has a lot of issues especially if your black. There are other countries available to visit. For those coming into america and crossing into Canada , why can't they apply legally from back home? Canada has student visa, work visa and even the federal skilled program, in which you can get a green card if approved for the program .
You mean you don't have your way?

Do you have anybody deciding for you?

Just say you're scared to the bone of the uncertainty in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Babyvet: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lhimeet:

You mean you don't have your way?

Do you have anybody deciding for you?

Just say you're scared to the bone of the uncertainty in Nigeria

Nobody is deciding for me , if I want to move back home I would have to plan and the goal would be to set up my business. There is uncertainty in America too, so I’m not sure what your talking about. Before I move ANYWHERE in the world, I would have to plan, the goal is to move forward in life and not backwards . And trust me there have been some people who moved back home and they’re doing much better there then they did back here in America. Also that I have live here for a while now and I also lived back home , plus the UK so my mentality on things is going to be different than yours.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Lhimeet(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babyvet:

Nobody is deciding for me , if I want to move back home I would have to plan and the goal would be to set up my business. There is uncertainty in America too, so I’m not sure what your talking about. Before I move ANYWHERE in the world, I would have to plan, the goal is to move forward in life and not backwards . And trust me there have been some people who moved back home and they’re doing much better there then they did back here in America. Also that I have live here for a while now and I also lived back home , plus the UK so my mentality on things is going to be different than yours.

You say this cause you know me personally? undecided
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by samtol4(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
The easiest route is migrate to South Africa or any less expensive country with temporary visa and from that country apply for USA visa. This means that you may enrol for a programme in order to get temporary visa.This route worked for many ,because applicants in these countries are not densely populated.More importantly most Nigerians on study visa usually abandoned studies to hustle,hence visa officers will be stricter to applicants from Nigeria applying in Nigeria
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Babyvet: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lhimeet:
[/b]
You say this cause you know me personally? undecided

Stay at home
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by resurgent2019: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
samtol4:
The easiest route is migrate to South Africa or any less expensive country with temporary visa and from that country apply for USA visa. This means that you may enrol for a programme in order to get temporary visa.This route worked for many ,because applicants in these countries are not densely populated.More importantly most Nigerians on study visa usually abandoned studies to hustle,hence visa officers will be stricter to applicants from Nigeria applying in Nigeria

Wow. Wont that be expensive?

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ugosample(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2018
cooltola:
This is very Irony, 200 years ago our ancestors will not even dream or even want to come to USA. Today is the complete opposite

I tell you
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ugosample(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2018
Originalsly:

Bro...open your eyes and stop being foolish. What does he mean by taking our country back?.... back from whom?..or back to what? Do you even have a clue that taking our country back is coded?...taking our country back to Jim Crow days....White Supremacy days ...I can see you on your knees begging to join the Ku Klux Klan. Even Whites openly call out and label Trump a racist...and here you are...saying he is a good man.... I wouldn't be suprised to learn you were found dangling on one of those trees that bear Strange Fruits.

no mind that guy
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ugosample(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2018
topdee:

Really? First and foremost, America is literally a "no man's land": a significant majority of people in the US have been foreigners at some point (referring to the lineage). The infrastructure you talked about was built by foreigners.

In fact, many top tech companies in the US was founded/cofounded by foreigners who were once enrolled in school; in Silicon Valley majority of the people there are foreigners who were once on visas, some are still on visas. The booming real estates and housing is as a result of foreigners. Many of these same foreigners have better credibility than some US citizens (with reference to background checks, credit scores, criminal records, etc.).

Generally, Americans don't study past a bachelor's degree, many don't study past high school. Most of the professors in schools were once foreigners, and a large number of students in the top tier universities are even foreigners. Most people studying masters, MBA or PhD are foreigners. Without foreigners most university endowment in the US will be very low.

Most foreigners are even more law abiding than its citizens. Without foreigners US economy will be merely like that of Mexico.

Yes, I know many people abuse the visa, but a majority of Nigerians who attend school in the US with student visa excel academically, and whether you like it or not, these same students add value to the US economy when they get jobs (I'm referring to students enrolled in STEM programs). I know many people who got jobs in the US after school, worked for a while and after gaining valuable experience returned to Nigeria to setup their business.

Have you ever reasoned that some times in order to critically examine something, one needs a different exposure to cultivate a different mindset: corruption is looming in Nigeria, to the extent that the average Nigerian, who haven't probably left the shores of Nigeria, with the wit to boycott corruption might fail at it. International exposure could play a major role in tackling corruption in Nigeria.

The "hardship" you mentioned isn't anyone's choice (referring to the youth), but the foundation of which the economy was built on is the problem. At times, one may need to breathe a different air to see things from different perspective in order to solve problems.

you got that right
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ysteph: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2018
Let's assume his friend didn't answer the questions well enough. Did all other students who were denied not answer their questions to?
To me, it is better US issues a statement deterring Nigerians from applying for visas than rejecting applications frivolously.
I know many genuine visitors and students who have been denied.
justwise:

How do you know that he answered those questions perfectly?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ugosample(m): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2018
quickly:

Not just Nigerians.

The truth is in America when you are non white you are second class.

Too many Nigerians

And he is going to cancel birth citizenship which is part of his manifesto

That last paragraph is mission impossible
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2018
Atigba:

Why were you enslaved?

Why are you not the one enslaving people

Why didn't you defend your continent militarily when they invaded, even the Arab enslave Africa with their sword. Of cause they were the first people that enslave Africa.

Why don't you have good roads.. looking at nairaland front page everyday, you can see recurrent accident almost on daily basis.

Why don't you have light in your country

What happened to your hospitals, your useless president is presently in UK receiving treatment.

It all boils down to the inability to run things

Or do you think you will beable to know there is a liquid called oil in Oloibiri if they didn't tell you.

sadly
you have a point
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ugosample(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
Malakh:
ok when Amerca is on the verge of becoming a third world country,i'll make a topic on it mind you it's gonna happen in the Fall season, i know your so-called wisdom gat you thinking you gat a handle on things but I know what i'm talking about and the precedence for it will be war

America can NEVER be a third world country

The foundation is solid

The economy is on a solid footing
recession or not

The world thrives on its tech, and it's the world reserve currency

Saying this country will be a third world country is a joke

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Babyvet: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
ysteph:
Let's assume his friend didn't answer the questions well enough. Did all other students who were denied not answer their questions to?
To me, it is better US issues a statement deterring Nigerians from applying for visas than rejecting applications frivolously.
I know many genuine visitors and students who have been denied.

Let’s be honest with ourselves , how many are genuinely going to the US to study and come back?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 29, 2019
barristerzinny:
My former colleague at my former office, was denied American visa cos he was single.

Please, am planning to go for my interview at the embassy in April and my employer is my sponsor on my F1 Visa while the school gave me 30% scholarship.
Please, what are my chances of using my employer as my sponsor.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Vianna(f): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2020
tonylaw07:
It's so painful our government is silent on the issue of the US visa denial. I was at the embassy myself 2 weeks ago and I was denied a visitors visa all questions answered correctly cause I filled my ds160 myself. The most annoying part is the embassy never gives any reason for the denial they just say you do not qualify you can try again. 64k try again. An elderly woman of over 60years was denied a visa, abeg my people that kind of woman go run or work there. A naval officer of a high rank was denied visa with his family. Families of 5 where denied, just imagine how much has gone down the drain. They are just swinderling Nigerians because they know there is no refund. The government should look into this and make sure there is either a total refund or part refund and you would see they would stop the nonsense of visa denial without a good reason.
Which naval officer of high rank? Army generals and it's equivalent in the Navy and airforce, past presidents, ministers, senators are usually given diplomatic passports and you know how powerful that is. So you saying a high rank naval officer was rejected is most likely a lie except he wasn't really a high rank.

Modified, they are issued official passports not diplomatic passport. Officials are a little bellow diplomatic and way above the normal green passport. Still it's powerful and Visa denial is extremely rare

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Photos That Looks Fake But Are Really Real... / Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.