Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us (7615 Views)

Ifa Divination For Nigeria 2018 - Babalawo Orisha / Ancient Ile Ife :the Holy City Of The gods.......ilu Mimo Awon Orisha...... / Teleportation: Babalawo Orisha Disappeared & Vanished Live On Camera [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2018
First, let it be clear that most "religions" state that God only helps them that help themselves. Thus, if it ever appears that Olodumaré did not help us, it is only because we were not helping ourselves.

Our enslavement was only possible because we chose to be disunited. This is how the Arabs and Europeans defeated us. Even after we were exposed to guns, instead of breaking the gun down and learn to build one ourselves, we just captured our neighbor and sold him/her to the Europoid for one of his already made guns.

In addition, let's remember why the European anthropologists often say that the African Supreme Deity is remote in traditional spirituality. It is not that they are "remote" but because the Supreme Being does not "rescue" you from things/people He already gave you the power to rescue yourself from. This power (ashé) He already gave you are the orisha living within you.

Thus, if you find yourself enslaved or some other great travesty, it is not Olodumare/the orisa that wasn't there for us; we just chose not to use the power Olodumare gave us at birth.

The irony is that even though we rejected Olodumaré and did not deserve His assistance, Olodumare did in fact help us during slavery. We survived the impossible in huge numbers (unlike the Native Americans) and in many places did so with maintaining knowledge of orisha (such as in Trinidad, Haiti, Cuba, Louisiana, Brazil, etc). Our very present survival--when we didn't deserve it because we rejected the principles of unity (Oduduwa)--is only by the grace of Olodumaré, Lord of the Universe.

""FROM IFA SPIRITUALITY ""

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Why will God help only those who help themselves? Where did he say this? If ur child is sick, will u not take him to hospital if he does not contribute a portion of his hospital bill?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sorry this thread is a pure comic relief.

God did not help the people because they were not united.
Of what use will he be if the people were already united? Do u think a united people would have needed his help? I put it to u that a united people are already a strong hold against opposition, with or without any silly God.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:
Why will God help only those who help themselves? Where did he say this? If ur child is sick, will u not take him to hospital if he does not contribute a portion of his hospital bill?
it means people who help themselves. People who take care of their own responsibilities will have better things happen in their lives then people who don’t. So your child is part of your responsibility.

Like many religious people, they don’t do much to take care of their own problems, and instead wish that an outside force would intervene on their behalf. It’s fine to hope to be blessed/have good things happen, but that wishing can’t be your primary way of dealing with the problems of life.

A similar saying is like trust in your security guide but untie your dog while sleeping at night.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

Of what use will he be if the people were already united? Do u think a united people would have needed his help? I put it to u that a united people are already a strong hold against opposition, with or without any silly God.
Be in unity is part of dicision making that eshu philosophy is all about which Yoruba tribe forsake when they were enslaved.

You need to ask question directly and not always in christain perspective.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
it means people who help themselves. People who take care of their own responsibilities will have better things happen in their lives then people who don’t. So your child is part of your responsibility.
Agreed, people who take care of their own responsibilities are likely to have better things happen in their lives than people who don't. This is all it is... Not God helping them because they are helping themselves. If any God should help anyone, it should he those who can't help themselves.

Like many religious people, they don’t do much to take care of their own problems, and instead wish that an outside force would intervene on their behalf. It’s fine to hope to be blessed/have good things happen, but that wishing can’t be your primary way of dealing with the problems of life.

If I believe in God i will expect him to help me to make life extremely easier... What is the essence believing in God if my life will be no different from someone who does not care about God. I don't think lazy religious people should be blamed for waiting do external help.
And God should define his role... Its either he is there to help or not.

A similar saying is like trust in your security guide but untie your dog while sleeping at night.

Lol... Its either my security guide is useless or he is more effective with my dog untied... Either way, the security guide will not deserve so much pay for this.

1 Like

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
Be in unity is part of dicision making that eshu philosophy is all about which Yoruba tribe forsake when they were enslaved.

You need to ask question directly and not always in christain perspective.

Does our disunity affect eshu in any way? Why do humans need to follow eshu philosophy to know that they will progress better. This is common sense not eshu philosophy. Eshu should teach us what we don't know not what we know.

Further, does eshu even consider some of those inevitable circumstances that leads to disunity among humans? Unity actually comes with a price. What's eshu philosophy teaching about overcoming those inevitable circumstances that leads to disunity... Its not just about teaching unity which even animals know about.

1 Like

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

Agreed, people who take care of their own responsibilities are likely to have better things happen in their lives than people who don't. This is all it is... Not God helping them because they are helping themselves. If any God should help anyone, it should he those who can't help themselves.

If I believe in God i will expect him to help me to make life extremely easier... What is the essence believing in God if my life will be no different from someone who does not care about God. I don't think lazy religious people should be blamed for waiting do external help.
And God should define his role... Its either he is there to help or not.

Lol... Its either my security guide is useless or he is more effective with my dog untied... Either way, the security guide will not deserve so much pay for this.
This thread is not for what its God role and purpose,it is where was orisha/olodumare during slavery. In which I position my argument on disunity.

Orisha/olodumare already gave an approach to live as human and that is unity which Yoruba forsake....

However, if you will be interested in knowing the roles and duty of olodumare in the cosmos.Create a thread on that and give me a mention.

It is even a flaw to engage in a debate you had no knowledge about. Why don't you question the philosophy first . Then we can have a go.
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

Does our disunity affect eshu in any way? Why do humans need to follow eshu philosophy to know that they will progress better. This is common sense not eshu philosophy. Eshu should teach us what we don't know not what we know.
Eshu is basically the symbolical representation of the the decision and indicision you made at the crossroad. It is not an angel or unviable personality seeting somewhere telling you to do what and not. It is you in action.it is you making the decision..

Further, does eshu even consider some of those inevitable circumstances that leads to disunity among humans? Unity actually comes with a price. What's eshu philosophy teaching about overcoming those inevitable circumstances that leads to disunity... Its not just about teaching unity which even animals know about.
[
It is your choice that made it happen, the decision you made .so Slavery was a Choice? You decided to be disunited so you can be enslaved.

As I said earlier , the Eshu, which is the deification of choice, complicity, decision, indecision, CONSEQUENCE is symbolical representation. .

For you to know it is your choice, even after 400 years, despite so many of us, that we are still enslaved suggests it is a choice we began making.

This is no different than saying that while it is horrible that you had an abusive childhood, if as a 40 year old you are still blaming your life on that childhood, it is because of the bad choices you are continually making, not the abusive childhood. There's a point where you are responsible for your condition, no matter what happened to you beforehand. So this is what the philosophy of eshu symbolise.

So eshu is your decisions AND indecisions. You can only be oppressed when you (as a people) reject your role in your own choices in favor of being an eternal victim.

As we have rejected our own spiritual concept of Eshu (responsibility to choices) who stands at the crossroads where we make decisions, the African race has become obsessed with being a victim to the point that it has stagnated us from ever becoming free.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
This thread is not for what its God role and purpose,it is where was dorisha/olodumare during slavery. In which I position my argument on disunity.

Orisha/olodumare already gave an approach to live as human and that is unity which Yoruba forsake....

However, if you will be interested in knowing the roles and duty of olodumare in the cosmos.Create a thread on that and give me a mention.

It is even a flaw to engage in a debate you had no knowledge about. Why don't you question the philosophy first . Then we can have a go.

How exactly would orisha have helped our fore fathers if they were actually united

2 Likes

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

How exactly would orisha have helped our fore fathers if they were actually united
now. You just ask a reasonable question. Orisha is not one entity somewhere looking for whom to help .It Is you that symbolize orisha. Orisha is in you . Therefore the power to help yourself lies in the dicision and indicition you will make.

"" ORUNMILA WI ENIYAN NI DORISHA . LITERALLY MEANS, IT IS HUMAN WHO TURNS TO ORISHA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
now. You just ask a reasonable question. Orisha is not one entity somewhere looking for whom to help .It Is you that symbolize oriaha. Orisha is in you . Therefore the power to help yourself lies in the dicision and indicition you will make.

"" ORUNMILA WI ENIYAN NI DORISHA . LITERALLY MEANS, IT IS HUMAN WHO TURNS TO ORISHA.

Hmmm in other words, if a people is not united, they have rejected orisha.. OK,this makes sense. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by kevoh(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:
Food for thought for all these 419 deities! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by budaatum: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:

So, basically, if I help myself, Olodumare, the gods, will help too. Would they add to my help, I wonder, or does all the effort have to come from me?

If you consider 'the gods', to be the primitives way of saying 'knowledge', 'understanding', and ultimately 'wisdom', one can see how this might work. The gods would make me realise the need for hospitals and well trained doctors and nurses who are full of knowledge so that when my child is ill I can take him there to be healed. Unfortunately, religion has decided that the knowledge of the gods is to believe whatever I am told so all I got is the preacher and his church!

I do propose we kill our 'gods' and abandon 'belief'. That is what other nations had to do and which made some smart and strong so that they were the masters and we ended up with chains around our necks!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by budaatum: 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:

"ORUNMILA WI ENIYAN NI DORISHA" . LITERALLY MEANS, IT IS HUMAN WHO TURNS TO ORISHA.
And in Christian language, loosely translated,
"Know ye that ye are gods!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

And in Christian language, loosely translated,
"Know ye that ye are gods!"
The truth is universal.regardless of race, ethnic or nationality but the idea differ. It will only take an open minded person to agree with both and see them equal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

So basically, if I help myself, Olodumare, the gods, will help too. Would they add to my help, I wonder, or does all the effort have to come from me?
it simply means doing nothing will produce nothing.

If you consider 'the gods', to be the the primitives way of saying 'knowledge', 'understanding', and ultimately 'wisdom', one can see how this might work. The gods l would make me realise the need for hospitals and well trained doctors and nurses who are full of knowledge so that when my child is ill I can take him there to be healed. Unfortunately, religion has decided that the knowledge of the gods is to believe whatever I am told so all I got is the preacher and his church!
unfortunately you should blame yourself for this and not religion. Religion suppose to free you and not cage you. The moment you allow preacher and his church dictate for you instead of the truth. You submit yourself to slavery..

i do propose we kill our 'gods' and abandon 'belief'. That is what other nations had to do and which made some smart and strong so that they were the masters and we ended up with chains around our necks
Well orisha are not "gods" in the European sense of the word. Neither are they ghostlike beings in the clouds some worship. In IFA Spirituality, the orisha are understood as the powers of Olodumare (the Supreme Being) living in you, in your society, and in nature. So killing them is killing yourself,the society and the nature in which you are part.

This is also the first thing the Europeans did to enslave/colonize you. Their mission was to destroy your link to the orisa. They weren't simply negating your "religion." They were dismantling your access to the powers of Olodumare within you and your society. Only then could they defeat you. However, because these links are created by Olodumare Himself, no one outside of yourself can destroy it; they can only convince you (thru psychological programming), to dismantle it yourself. Which you are now asking for..

They present toxic role models/country for you and you follow them, thereby you are now in the interest of destroying the orisha that lives inside you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by budaatum: 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:

They present toxic role models/country for you and you follow them, thereby you are now in the interest of destroying the orisha that lives inside you.
I thank my Orisha therefore, that I am an atheist. For my Orisha is not destroyed by any priest or church, be they of Olodumare or Yahweh!
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

I thank my Orisha therefore, that I am an atheist. For my Orisha is not destroyed by any priest or church, be they of Olodumare or Yahweh!
understand what it means. When Yoruba use the word olodumare.
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by budaatum: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
understand what it means. When Yoruba use the word olodumare.
The presumption that the Omo Oba Orun would not know his father is rather comical I dare say, despite my position that the father and the son are distinct separate entities. Except I expect no better from those who worship him, I guess.

Olodumare means pretty much the same as God, vaxx. Same attributes and powers to boot!
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

The presumption that the Omo Oba Orun would not know his father is rather comical I dare say, despite my position that the father and the son are distinct separate entities. Except I expect no better from those who worship him, I guess.

Olodumare means pretty much the same as God, vaxx. Same attributes and powers to boot!
To some degree, this is applicable. But in pratical. It violate Yoruba vocabulary.

Visit this my thread. to check yourself......https://www.nairaland.com/3757995/stop-calling-name-god-it
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by CAPSLOCKED: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

GOD ONLY HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES IS ON THE LIST OF THE TOP 5 MOST STUPID STATEMENTS EVER MADE.
WHICH IDĮOT FIRST SAID SOMETHING THAT RIDICULOUS?

LIKE IF I READ FOR AN EXAM AND THEN PASS, GOD HELPED ME.
BUT IF I FELL ILL BEFORE THE EXAM AND THEREFORE COULDN'T PREPARE.. AND FAILED, THEN GOD DIDN'T HELP ME CUS I DIDN'T HELP MYSELF?
OR IF I JUMP OUT THE WINDOW OF A BURNING VEHICLE THEN GOD HELPED ME BUT IF I COULDN'T BECAUSE MY LEG WAS STUCK OR I COULDN'T SEE THROUGH THE SMOKE.. AND DIED IN THE FIRE, THEN GOD DIDN'T HELP ME BECAUSE I DIDN'T HELP MYSELF? WHY DIDN'T HE PUT OUT THE FIRE, OR PREVENT EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THROUGHOUT HIS EXISTENCE, MAN HAS STRUGGLED TO MAKE HIS LIFE BETTER, HEALTHIER, AND LONGER. HE DEVELOPED VACCINES AND CURE FOR MANY DISEASES. HE HAS BUILT MACHINES AND CITIES AND TRIES TO UNDERSTAND AND EXPLAIN EVERY COMPONENT OF NATURE. OF THE UNIVERSE.
HE SAVES HIMSELF WHEN HE CAN AND PROVIDES WHAT HE CAN AFFORD.
HE ALONE DESERVE ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY, AND NOT MYTHICAL DEITIES THAT ARE NOT THERE AND WILL NEVER BE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by budaatum: 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
To some degree, this is applicable. But in pratical. It violate Yoruba vocabulary.

Visit this my thread. to check yourself......https://www.nairaland.com/3757995/stop-calling-name-god-it
Your position on that thread would be like asking a Muslim to stop calling God, Allah. You did say "The truth is universal". So it hardly ought to matter what language one uses. The fact is that everyone defines their own Orisha. And delegating it to an external being, albeit supreme, is a gross act of neglecting ones responsibility to oneself. And those as such cannot be responsible for others, since they are themselves enslaved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

GOD ONLY HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES IS ON THE LIST OF THE TOP 5 MOST STUPID STATEMENTS EVER MADE.

BUT IF I FELL ILL BEFORE THE EXAM AND THEREFORE COULDN'T PREPARE.. AND FAILED, THEN GOD DIDN'T HELP ME CUS I DIDN'T HELP MYSELF?
OR IF I JUMP OUT THE WINDOW OF A BURNING VEHICLE THEN GOD HELPED ME BUT IF I COULDN'T BECAUSE MY LEG WAS STUCK OR I COULDN'T SEE THROUGH THE SMOKE.. AND DIED IN THE FIRE, THEN GOD DIDN'T HELP ME BECAUSE I DIDN'T HELP MYSELF? WHY DIDN'T HE PUT OUT THE FIRE, OR PREVENT EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THROUGHOUT HIS EXISTENCE, MAN HAS STRUGGLED TO MAKE HIS LIFE BETTER, HEALTHIER, AND LONGER. HE DEVELOPED VACCINES AND CURE FOR MANY DISEASES. HE HAS BUILT MACHINES AND CITIES AND TRIES TO UNDERSTAND AND EXPLAIN EVERY COMPONENT OF NATURE. OF THE UNIVERSE.
HE ALONE DESERVE ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY, AND NOT MYTHICAL DEITIES THAT ARE NOT THERE AND WILL NEVER BE.
The phrase is practically non scriptural . It is proverbial.

So before you attack the popular phrase. Educate yourself about it .en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helps_those_who_help_themselves

https://www.google.com.gh/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helps_those_who_help_themselves&ved=2ahUKEwi7pp2aqdHcAhWE16QKHWGDAtEQFjACegQICxAP&usg=AOvVaw1SwwYulNSJUP2K4eyEVzWH
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by frank317: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

This is why religious folks must define what Gods help really is

The op actually define orisha as mans survival instict

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by CAPSLOCKED: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

THE AFRICAN GODS WERE USELESS, JUST LIKE THE ASIAN AND EUROPEAN GODS.
WITH ALL OUR BLACK MAGIC AND JUJU.. TOBACCO SMOKING, POTBELLIED BRITISH MEN INVADED OUR LANDS AND SUCCEEDED AS IF WE WERE RATS. THE GODS HAVE NEVER DONE SHĮT FOR MAN. MAYBE THEY WERE ONLY ACTIVE DURING THE BIBLE DAYS.

BUT HERE'S THE CHRISTIAN YAWEH DOING WHAT ALL GODS ONLY KNOW HOW TO DO... CHICKENING OUT ONCE THEY ENCOUNTER "ADVANCED TECH"

4 Likes

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by budaatum: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

This is why religious folks must define what Gods help really is

The op actually define orisha as mans survival instict

I agree. And his wiki reference supports that position. It's worth a read so I've simplified vaxx's link to it.

God helps those who help themselves
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

Your position on that thread would be like asking a Muslim to stop calling God, Allah. You did say "The truth is universal". So it hardly ought to matter what language one uses. The fact is that everyone defines their own Orisha. And delegating it to an external being, albeit supreme, is a gross act of neglecting ones responsibility to oneself. And those as such cannot be responsible for others, since they are themselves enslaved.
you could see from the thread that I gave an option in which it is applicable.

I do not have problem with the word God himself,I only have issues with his application. If allah arabically can also be apply the same way God can be applied in English phonetics. I hereby disccourage the use of such phrase to represent olodumare . Thankfully. I am not a novice of Arabic. Allah is also a unique word which is yet to be stained or dent.

1 Like

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by tintingz(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
The gods must be so impotent to help the black people when in cry and pains, children and women sold and ràped, men used like puppets.

This was really too much for the Africans in the past, the statement "God help those who help themselves" is lame and nonsensical, an excuse for the gods and
the useless juju power.
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by tintingz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
now. You just ask a reasonable question. Orisha is not one entity somewhere looking for whom to help .It Is you that symbolize orisha. Orisha is in you . Therefore the power to help yourself lies in the dicision and indicition you will make.

Is Olorun a human?
Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by vaxx: 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
tintingz:
Is Olorun a human?
The original word is actually olodumare. Olorun are part of is attribute.

The Yoruba understanding of olodumare t is a single creative force. We believe The Universe in it’s entirety springs from that single source.A consciousness big enough to encompass the entire of creation. Everything we know is part of Olodumare, as is everything we are yet to discover.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us by tintingz(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
vaxx:
The original word is actually olodumare. Olorun are part of is attribute.

The Yoruba understanding of olodumare t is a single creative force. We believe The Universe in it’s entirety springs from that single source.A consciousness big enough to encompass the entire of creation. Everything we know is part of Olodumare, as is everything we are yet to discover.
Olorun is ruler of heaven, Olodumare the Creator while Olofi is like a channel between heaven and earth, these three attributes works as one.

Now since you claim the Orishas can't do anything to save our forefathers from the colonials, what was Olodumare doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM / What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? / The Truth About Lucifer (satan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.