Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,010 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) (48079 Views)

The Dirty State Of Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Boys' Hostel / EFCC Raids Boys Hostel In Nekede Polytechnic (VIDEO) / Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by adeneeyee: 6:11am On Aug 04, 2018
Is this a dumpsite or Hostel?

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by cornel9297: 6:15am On Aug 04, 2018
This current vc (Benjamin Ozumba) has damaged all the reputations that were left by his predecessors. He is only after his pocket and doesn't care about the welfare of the students.
some departments have lost accreditation as a result of over admission and lack of facilities.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Princedapace(m): 6:30am On Aug 04, 2018
ct2:
ibos are very dirty

Is this all about Ibos? Abi OAU hostel pics I have seen here and other south west university hostels I have seen with similar conditions are all Ibos?

See, the institution should renovate the schools. Nigeria is a pain to humanity. Students are to do minimal works, there should be employed staff to handle the clean up.

Also, it is not about the dirty environment alone, the hostels are so old and out dated. Im sure there are funds meant to handle this.

This is why I laugh when we compare our universities with that of others in advanced countries..

Education in Nigeria is finished. I pity the generation to come..

If u see way bro, run out of Nigeria.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Amah70: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2018
ct2:
ibos are very dirty

Misguided, that's a federal government university. If the federal government organs function normal, those federal government employees in charge of the hostels would ensure the place is clean.

Kwontinue with your useless life of ignorance.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Moukandjo: 7:02am On Aug 04, 2018
ct2:
ibos are very dirty
That's why they're called IPIGs!
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by francisMKD(m): 7:12am On Aug 04, 2018
Engineering Students every where in UNN ...Lolz
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Okwyjesus(m): 7:19am On Aug 04, 2018
l was in UNN this week for my original certificate and l was surprise how dirty and unkept the environment was unlike UNIPORT where am doing my Post Graduate. l think the VC need to wake up.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Sadiyaene(f): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2018
Must they wait for the school to do everything? Can't they organise themselves to clean it up Lazy youth everywhere sad at the same time disgusting environment not healthy at all.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by DUMCHRIS(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2018
Sadiyaene:
Must they wait for the school to do everything? Can't they organise themselves to clean it up Lazy youth everywhere sad at the same time disgusting environment not healthy at all.

Maybe you don't understand. If they clean it up where would that dump the dirts? If I am not mistaken even the cleaners sweep and dump the basket filled with dirt along the road. Dear is more complex than you think. Am a witness to this. Although the undergraduates are dirty sha. The postgraduate hostel is neater, because they made efforts to be neat.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2018
Philpham:
Am not surprised men are very dirty, pigs, both in hygiene and in marriage.
False. Most guys are dirty would have been better
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Jointhemiltons2(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2018
Pavore9:
The students are dirty! What stops them from organizing themselves in order to maintain a clean environment....health is wealth.
They are not even serious yet. I’m sure they’re waiting for school authorities to come and pack the dirty for them,when they don tire them go pick broom sweep
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by cytell56: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2018
franceezfresh:
This is how unn boys hostel looks like, you can illegal connections everywhere, just this morning one of the light source caught fire and there was a loud bang followed by Sparks which made students run for their dear life, thank God no student was in that area during the incident, it seems the school authority has forgotten boys in UNN, such illegal connections and uncleanliness can never be sighted in girls hostel.

Na refuse dump!!!
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2018
yembet:
With apology to all the men and young adults who are maless. I'm not here to insult or be rude, here please. We need to say the true male dormitories, hall, I mean residential area of the male students are always very dirty and disgusting. Those buildings weren't like that when the students were first logged there.
There is nothing stopping them , from organising, the cleaning of their halls and the surrounding. Keeping there environment clean and tidy, should be the students responsibility.
We should the attitude of waiting for the government, to do everything for us.
I'm sure very soon, people will ask the President to come and bathe them. Apology, I don't mean to be rude, but the truth has to said.
You said the truth

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2018
coretechng1:
I think they said this is the fourth best uni in Nigeria. grin grin grin.Nigerians can deceive themselves.
Na only mouth dey sabi make
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Chikelue2000(m): 8:58am On Aug 04, 2018
ct2:
ibos are very dirty
fool
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Tundeobama(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2018
ct2:
ibos are very dirty
This they want to spoil lagos for us they won't want to pay vision scape.Ambode watch out ooooo.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by GeorgeAmax(m): 9:31am On Aug 04, 2018
living on past glory.���
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2018
Unn boys are dirty pigs

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by bluefilm: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2018
Princedapace:

Is this all about Ibos? Abi OAU hostel pics I have seen here and other south west university hostels I have seen with similar conditions are all Ibos?

See, the institution should renovate the schools. Nigeria is a pain to humanity. Students are to do minimal works, there should be employed staff to handle the clean up.

Also, it is not about the dirty environment alone, the hostels are so old and out dated. Im sure there are funds meant to handle this.

This is why I laugh when we compare our universities with that of others in advanced countries..

Education in Nigeria is finished. I pity the generation to come..

If u see way bro, run out of Nigeria.

What a hopeless and a useless and a LAZY mentality!!!

You want to run out to other countries where the citizens have taken some time and gone through some pains to develop their own society abi?

So that you will come and enjoy because your name is what again?

Stupid and useless lazy youths everywhere!!! sad
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by bluefilm: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2018
adeneeyee:
Is this a dumpsite or Hostel?

Actually, it is a pigsty where pigs live.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Xander85: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2018
sekem:

You are really the daft one here

So you want to tell me that I must fulfill every promise I made to you just because I have already made it not minding the fact that realistically speaking, certain constraints have made it quite impossible for me to deliver on that particular promise?

Just look at you here mumbling about Nigeria being better under PDP looting than now and I can only ask you this: if only you will be able to tell yourself the truth, was there ever a time in Nigeria that we really had it so good?

The problem with most of you daft ones who are always complaining rather than positively contributing is that you guys suffer from severe memory loss which is why you always harbor this insane belief that yesterday was better than today

My friend, you better wake up and face the reality

Stop complaining about Nigeria's situation because we all already know the situation is absolutely messed up

Start providing us with meaningful solutions... that is, if you even have any at all, to start with

Where did this fool jump out from?

Did you read the initial post of the guy i quoted before jumping in because you just couldn't bear your darling APC being exposed for the fraud they are? Is that it?

This was the guys initial post that i responded to:
Gamesmart:

Go and vote for Atiku.

This would be regarded as 5 star accommodation by 2023 when he and PDP finish with the treasury.

Your fellow idio/t was the first to turn the argument partisan, which prompted my asking him if Nigeria has progressed or retrogressed under his darling APC!

He implied Atiku is a thief and that PDP will loot the treasury given half a chance! Now can both of you tell me where and when Atiku was convicted of stealing anything?

Is it not a fact that a majority of the sods that make up APC today are former PDP members; a party you lot love to claim is corrupt as hell...robbed the country blind for 16 years....and who are markedly different from APC that's a party brimming with ideas, men of integrity and saints and angels? I asked him that if this be the case, how come that 3+ years into this administration of 'capable saints', we are yet to recover the billions of dollars you love to parrot was stolen by PDP for 16 years; how come the economic fortunes of the country are yet to reach the level PDP left it in 2015 since we now have a 'man of integrity' at the helm....kwarruption has been reduced (which invariably will mean more money for the treasury)....and for at least the past two budgets, oyel price has exceeded budgeted estimates?

Don't even get me started on the widespread insecurity which has now spread all over the country! Insecurity that was once centred mainly in the north-east, has now spread like wildfire and gripped the entire country! It's nature has morphed from being mainly boko haram inspired to now significantly include kidnapping for ransom; farmers/herdsmen clashes; banditry; ethnic-cleansing; headhunting; job-insecurity; the list is endless! Buhari and his inept clique of northern-muslim security chiefs look to be way in over their heads and can't seem to get a handle on things! Personally, i doubt the bastard even gives a fuc/k just so long as he can continue to answer 'president and commander in chief'! The one that really made me want to puke was how he was more interested in partisan-politics few weeks ago, holding meetings in Aso Rock on political strategy and such when some of his soldiers (murdered by the unforgiving yet 'technically defeated' bokos) were being buried! sad I mean, which president that has at heart the interest of those he leads does that?

You're a blithering fool for stating this:
So you want to tell me that I must fulfill every promise I made to you just because I have already made it not minding the fact that realistically speaking, certain constraints have made it quite impossible for me to deliver on that particular promise?

You bastards convinced Nigerians that you're a better alternative to PDP, and common sense would suggest you made those promises after a careful study of the situation you're about to face if elected! So yapping about 'constraints' and such piffle just doesn't cut it! If you can't solve the countrys problems because of 'constraints' then you have no business seeking a second term....just get out of the kitchen if it's too hot for ya and let capable hands take over! In any case, some may want to argue that many of said constraints are of your own making!

Go tell the man on the street...all the millions that have lost their jobs...and all those that've committed suicide (you can use a babalawo for this one) that their fortunes are now better in this Buharis' second coming! You'd be lucky if they don't punch your face in!
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Princedapace(m): 10:36am On Aug 04, 2018
bluefilm:

What a hopeless and a useless and a LAZY mentality!!!

You want to run out to other countries where the citizens have taken some time and gone through some pains to develop their own society abi?

So that you will come and enjoy because your name is what again?

Stupid and useless lazy youths everywhere!!! sad

Thank u for all ur insults. I dont have such life style and I wasnt brought up that way to insult people online or offline..

Back to ur statement: which country citizens want to work hard to build? Nigeria?

If u like, bring Trump, Obama, etc, to rule Nigeria with the same structure, it will not work bro.

Nigeria needs complete restructuring. U cant have three ethnic groups with similar qualities and capabilities and ask them to be ruled under a unitary federal system of govt and expect progress.

What u will see is struggle for ethnic domination. It is a natural something..

U may not agree with this, but that is just the simple truth.. The political system of Nigeria is faulty.

You can save this comment and check it after 20 years, u will see that if nigeria doesnt change her political structure, the country will only get worse.

No hard feelings. As for citizens? The same citizens who have closed their eyes from the obvious! Your politicians, when u meet them behind the media, discuss with them and u will see that most of them will tell u this same thing I mentioned now. But once they are facing the media, most of them say another thing because they are scared of federal govt coming after them.

The same citizens who supposed to be protesting and demanding for a reviewed constitution, a stable power supply, a better federal and state roads, a better educational system, etc, the same students are busy celebrating APC and PDP in hunger..

Na that kind of country u think will develop ? Your politicians have lost hope for the country that is why u cant find their kids in any public facility except the places where they get paid.

We pay them to give us better education but they loot the money and send their kids abroad...

We pay them to give us better health care facilities, they loot the money and travel abroad to get treatments, etc

These things are enough reasons for the masses to hold their govt to ransom and protest heavily but the same citizens always find a way to justify the leaders..

How on earth do u think such country will grow?

My brother, if u see way, run from this country. Life is too short for a messed up society like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by bluefilm: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2018
Princedapace:

Thank u for all ur insults. I dont have such life style and I wasnt brought up that way to insult people online or offline..

Back to ur statement: which country citizens want to work hard to build? Nigeria?

If u like, bring Trump, Obama, etc, to rule Nigeria with the same structure, it will not work bro.

Nigeria needs complete restructuring. U cant have three ethnic groups with similar qualities and capabilities and ask them to be ruled under a unitary federal system of govt and expect progress.

What u will see is struggle for ethnic domination. It is a natural something..

U may not agree with this, but that is just the simple truth.. The political system of Nigeria is faulty.

You can save this comment and check it after 20 years, u will see that if nigeria doesnt change her political structure, the country will only get worse.

No hard feelings. As for citizens? The same citizens who have closed their eyes from the obvious! Your politicians, when u meet them behind the media, discuss with them and u will see that most of them will tell u this same thing I mentioned now. But once they are facing the media, most of them say another thing because they are scared of federal govt coming after them.

The same citizens who supposed to be protesting and demanding for a reviewed constitution, a stable power supply, a better federal and state roads, a better educational system, etc, the same students are busy celebrating APC and PDP in hunger..

Na that kind of country u think will develop ? Your politicians have lost hope for the country that is why u cant find their kids in any public facility except the places where they get paid.

We pay them to give us better education but they loot the money and send their kids abroad...

We pay them to give us better health care facilities, they loot the money and travel abroad to get treatments, etc

These things are enough reasons for the masses to hold their govt to ransom and protest heavily but the same citizens always find a way to justify the leaders..

How on earth do u think such country will grow?

My brother, if u see way, run from this country. Life is too short for a messed up society like Nigeria.

Okay, now I see your point.

Believe it or not, sometimes I tell myself the same thing.

I say to myself guy why don't just leave this country for good!

But then I look at it critically again and I say to myself, leaving will not solve anything.

Nigeria needs people with the right mentality to fix it.

And to fix it, starts with me.

That's why you will never see me criticizing any of those politicians or leaders.

Simply because I don't believe they can do anything to better the situation.

Besides, I cannot force them to act right.

But I can force myself to act right.

And that's exactly what I am doing.

And that's exactly what you should also be doing.

Nigeria does not need everybody to change for the country to become better.

Nigeria just needs only one person to change.

And that person is me... and you.

You cannot be part of a problem and you're still complaining about the problem.

Take this UNN dirty and disgusting hostel issue as a case study.

Tell me, are you saying we need to tell Saraki or even the Enugu governor Ifeanyi Ugwu to come and tell or beg the so called lions of UNN to clear the rubbish and make their environment safe for healthy living?

Or maybe, who knows you are just encouraging them to mess up the whole place totally, and then run out of the country once they graduate after all the politicians are looting on a daily basis and nothing has been done about that?
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by RexTramadol1: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Beautiful school.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Tareguu: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
ct2:
ibos are very dirty

you are very stupid sad and delusional . so you think its only igbos that attend unn. I don't know why pepper will always cloud AFONJAS reasoning

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Rajosh(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
yet some people will come and be beefing private universities on the school fees.
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by sirqeeboi(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
Schools should ask how ilaro handle there hostels .. to handle schools hostels should be little work
In school managing...

Register for hostel with schools portals
School have hostelite data
Maximum of four students in room
Give hostel decorum to each student
Have stable portals,cleaners and securities.
Provide hostel I'd cards
No students leave the hostel with a socket spoit in their rooms at the end of the session
I knew that the amount of a louvers is 410 naira when students are asked to replace the broken ones in their rooms,even door that are little damage are replaced by students..

We have generator light from 6pm to 11pm ..and 6pm to 1pm during exams period ...and there is also phcn..
Have a common room with DStv subscription every month..all for 13500 naira for a session..

I believe having a good hostels in schools should not be a problem..
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Victorvibes(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Boys hostel are always like this
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Gamesmart: 9:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Xander85:

You must be daft!

Did anyone hold a gun to APCs head when you lot were going about all over the place pre-2015 elections, making promises of Uhuru and El-Dorado if voted in to power? Care to show me where you said you needed TWO TERMS to realise your promises?

Besides, you're talking as if a large percentage of the schmucks that currently make up that coven of witches aren't former PDP members!

I laugh when you trot out this old and tired excuse of '16 years of PDP mega-looting and misrule'! Put a lid on it as you're starting to sound like a broken record! APC has been in power for 3+ years, so how come we're yet to see them recover all the purported billions of dollars they accuse PDP of looting; how come Nigeria and Nigerians are worse off today than when PDP was 'looting the country dry', despite the fact price of oyel has been above projected budget estimates for at least the past two budgets and bearing in mind that we're no more 'swimming in kwarruption' since your god is now in charge and all 'kwarruption' loopholes have now been plugged?

You are a slowpoke! The question you did not answer was "Do you expect them to do magic in 3 years after 16 years of PDP mega-looting and misrule"?
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Xander85: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Gamesmart:

You are a slowpoke! The question you did not answer was "Do you expect them to do magic in 3 years after 16 years of PDP mega-looting and misrule"?

If you can't read my post and discern how it rubbishes that silly question you're asking then it just goes to show how thick you are!
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by Gamesmart: 11:24am On Aug 05, 2018
Xander85:

If you can't read my post and discern how it rubbishes that silly question you're asking then it just goes to show how thick you are!

You are so stupid you can't answer the question asked?

You dey fail exams well well, abi?
Re: Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) by franceezfresh: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
Jemc:
The boys and the school management have forgotten themselves. Majority of the boys in UNN don't pay accommodation fee, so how will the school get the fund to maintain the halls. In 2011 as a second year student we were 11 in our room. I was the only one not having a squatter in my name. Go to the girls hostels they are better except Nkrumah, Okeke and Isa Kaita.

Oga will u kip quite, things have changed now, you can't see that amount in a room anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Makes Drones For US Army Bags His 6th Master's Degree. Photos / University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.