Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (5582 Views)

Weeds Now Grow In Our Outdated Trains (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Riot5000: 6:19am On Jun 21, 2010
WHEN is NIGERIA and NIGERIAN ways of life due for UPGRADE?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by ajibsca: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2010
What of our Nigerian Passport Offices , especially the one at Ikoyi, You need to bribe your way through to get your passport on time otherwise they would keep posting you to come back again and again and if you dont pay for EXPRESS PASSPORT as they call it, you will be treated like a piece of crap there lol . Naijaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by webgenius(m): 9:58am On Jun 21, 2010
@Ryan short : even a one day old child now requires its own e-passport. No more endorsement of child on mother's passport.Please apply for each child separately
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by nana(f): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2010
The AC in the 'assembly' room could kill! It was proper hot outside and it was freezing inside like we were in winter. I don't ever want to go back there. . .
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by frenchman(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2010
Can someone please confirm if they check thedate you have on your appointment letter.
I have an interview scheduled for september, but I was unable to change it to an earlier date.
So I want to go there next week and try if I can.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by justwise(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2010
frenchman:

Can someone please confirm if they check thedate you have on your appointment letter.
I have an interview scheduled for september, but I was unable to change it to an earlier date.

Give it a try, go early armed with the postal order and other documents required.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by nana(f): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2010
frenchman:

Hmmm,i was once in this situation and one of the officials asked me to call this number: 002412714449 (It's the agency that fixes the dates and they are based in Abuja. . . strange,right?)

OR
mail the same agency: support@socketworksng.com. U should be given an earlier date by July if u mail them on time
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by segzeybaba(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2010
nana:

Hmmm,i was once in this situation and one of the officials asked me to call this number: 002412714449 (It's the agency that fixes the dates and they are based in Abuja. . . strange,right?)

OR
mail the same agency: support@socketworksng.com. U should be given an earlier date by July if u mail them on time

They will re-direct u back to London, i tried this the whole of last week
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by nana(f): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2010
F'Real? I wasn't redirected tho.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by DisGuy: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2010
ladi02:

As the Minister of Foreign Affairs he is responsible for all the Embassies

Yes but he's not responsible for this turnaround, this has been coming way before he came in

He should go fix the office in NY and the centres in nigeria, he's a bit lazy. . .
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by mamagee3(f): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
The Nigerian Embassy are really upgrading!

Unfortunately the Country isn't upgrading like it should. sad
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2010
frenchman:

I went back there this morning to submit my visa application and passports (I only waited 20mins before my number was called). Anyway, in response to the above question, there were some people in front of me who were there for their interview. They said they had booked online etc and given today as their date. When they got to the front, they showed the man in front of the door their docs but he directed them to another man standing at the side. The guy in front was trying to explain to him that he had been given today as his interview date but the man still said he should see the other guy so I don't know if this is to verify the interview date or for summat else.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Sagamite(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2010
rebranded:

[size=24pt]THANKS TO AJUMOGOBIA!!![/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ajumogobia ko, Ojumongolia ni!

This is entirely the work of Tafida.

I had been reading about the inefficiencies and uselessness of Nigerian embassy for a long time and read the one on NL, that the OP posted in the first post, as well. And it used to give me stomach aches.

I have a British and a Nigerian passport so I really do not have to use Naija embassy that much. Going to Naija, use my Naija passport, coming back to UK, use British. That simple.

I had only encountered the Naija London embassy twice, one to help someone, the second was personal as I forgot to renew my expired Nigerian passport. I only experienced the slowness (not inefficiency) on one occasion. The second time, I had to use leg because it was when I broke my leg and could not even go to the embassy, so used contacts in Nigeria to bypass processes. So no inefficiencies.

That said, I was so pissed (as usual) at the inefficiencies I hear about the place. Inefficiencies that I knew it would take me a matter of weeks to clear if I was given the opportunity. So I tried to do something about it, and found a way to connect with Tafida.

The man invited me to his office in the embassy and I told him what were the issues people were having and how I was available to help out and capable of doing so. Fortunately, he had it on mind as well and told me what they were doing and how challenging it is due to financial constraints.

He then invited me to attend a meeting where they were lunching the initiatives to improve service.

The Tafida man is an intelligent man that was a good listener and understood that due to his age and environment, he might be out of touch on some few things but was willing to learn. He is a well read Medical Doctor so not an illiterate and is even trying to utilise youtube. This is all his work.

I even took some pictures of him at the meeting he invited me to.

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by wazobiang: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2010
why do people expect getting access to nigerian embassy to be a breeze when they do not have a nigerian passport. i for one know that it takes three months to book for a us embassy appointment for visa in the us embassy just for visa. my former girlfriend who was a british born can also tell you that you cannot get a british passport just like that.

please you people should stop talking nonsense. you cannot just enter a country's embassy to request for a passport and get it at the snap of a finger except you are immidiately related to fela, gowon, obasanjo and all the people like that who are already clealy known to be nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
wazobia-ng:

why do people expect getting access to nigerian embassy to be a breeze when they do not have a nigerian passport.

please you people should stop talking nonsense. you cannot just enter a country's embassy to request for a passport and get it at the snap of a finger except you are immidiately related to fela, gowon, obasanjo and all the people like that who are already clealy known to be nigerians.

I was going to pooh-pooh your statement until I read this:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/238148/Nigeria_denies_Bill_Gates_visa_application

Nigeria denies Bill Gates' visa application

I now feel privileged and honoured to have been considered grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2010
Collected my visas today. Naija here we come
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by tempest01(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2010
Omo Alata:

Collected my visas today. Naija here we come
good 4 u
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
tempest01:

good 4 u

Thanks tempest grin Just need to sort out travel insurance then we are kosher grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by martsy: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2010
Omo Alata:

I went back there this morning to submit my visa application and passports (I only waited 20mins before my number was called). Anyway, in response to the above question, there were some people in front of me who were there for their interview. They said they had booked online etc and given today as their date. When they got to the front, they showed the man in front of the door their docs but he directed them to another man standing at the side. The guy in front was trying to explain to him that he had been given today as his interview date but the man still said he should see the other guy so I don't know if this is to verify the interview date or for summat else.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by martsy: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2010
I am a Nigerian presently residing in London and hold a british passport. I would like to know the present proceduces for obtaining a visa with a british passport. My last visit to the Nigerian Embassy was in 1999, 2000 and 2001 to obtain a visa to go to Nigeria and I had no problem in obtaining a visa as I had to buy a postal order. Have the procedures changed. I do read horrible stories about the Nigerian Embassy which makes me frightened. So please, could any Naija out there with a british passport state out the procedures for obtaining a visa. Also, is it best to arrive there early in the morning?

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2010
martsy:

I am a Nigerian presently residing in London and hold a british passport. I would like to know the present proceduces for obtaining a visa with a british passport. My last visit to the Nigerian Embassy was in 1999, 2000 and 2001 to obtain a visa to go to Nigeria and I had no problem in obtaining a visa as I had to buy a postal order. Have the procedures changed. I do read horrible stories about the Nigerian Embassy which makes me frightened. So please, could any Naija out there with a british passport state out the procedures for obtaining a visa. Also, is it best to arrive there early in the morning?

Thanks.

They have a new website now just built by Tafida, which contains all the info you require:

http://www.nhcuk.org/
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2010
martsy:

Thanks.

Things have changed immensely (for the better) grin I printed off the form online, filled it in, took it with any docs they requested and bought the postal order. If you have a Nigeria-sounding name etc, you could get away not needing an invitation letter (otherwise get one from somebody before you go there as the lady grudgingly accepted I am a Nigerian after some questions like where's my mum from etc) smiley You can also buy postal order from there but I bought mine at the postoffice. I went first thing and only took 20mins from the time I got in to submit my docs. Got visa the following week. Good luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is IELTS? Everything You Need To Know About The IELTS Exam. / With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! / What You Need To Start A Travel Agency In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.