Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,510 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910716 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zutlin: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Une16:
My AOR is May, I tried many threads on canada visa before here...
Pls what is the exact name of the thread so I cud join

Thank you and God bless

My AOR is also May. I just got GCMS and it states primary office as Accra.

Is AVO as slow as LVO? I hope they don't call for interview. Please let me know if you find the Accra VO thread.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hephgirl:
hello sugar kiss

hallo hallo Hephgirl, I sight you. wink kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bizguru000: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
Zutlin:

Is AVO as slow as LVO? I hope they don't call for interview. Please let me know if you find the Accra VO thread.

Very slow.AVO is the new LVO

Heres the thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nigeria-applicant-please-let-us-network.30420/page-2114

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
https://chatdotwhatsappdotcom/3iv35DClbKKGx0oHtlEpZZ
Accra visa office WhatsApp group.
Nairaland doesn't allow for it to be displayed properly, so replace the word "dot" with "."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lessons learnt from yesterday's thread posts:

1. Keep your POF in your account(s) through PPR and (also from previous discussions) till you land.
2. Do not lose your Gckey. Keep the username, passwords, questions and answers somewhere.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Adaoh:
Lol I know. I'm asking if anyone has written it and how they did. Basically wondering if anyone has written the CELPIP and IELTS and which is better. (if there's any such person)

Well my comparison of both is as follows;
Speaking:
Ielts speaking is more comfortable for me because you are talking to an examiner and most times their face gives u a form of reassurance that u are on point and the discussion doesnt feel abstract.
Celpip is 100% computer based so its like they place the scene on the screen and the computer gives u a prompt to answer the quest by saying ...."start talking now" undecided. When you time is up it tell u to stop same way but u can see the timer on the screen. If u are shy talking directly to someone then celpip ie better for u.
Personally I preferred the ielts in this category.
Listening
Difference is that u completely hear the entire conversation before you see your questions in celpip.
Ielts u can be noting answers as the tape is playing cos u are with the questions.
I preferred ielts style but I think celpip was easier.
Reading
Celpip reading is crazy easy IMO. Problem is you have to read fast because once the time allocated for a section is over, the computer automatically changes to the next section. You also cannot carry the time over in any section throughout the exam but you can run out of time.
The topics are much easier than ielts reading topics and structure.
Writing
Celpip offers you a word count and spell check as part of its perks but it doesnt correct structure or grammar.
If you like to type then celpip would be better for u.
I kinda preferred ielts writing because I feel more comfortable writing an essay with my pen. (Something about my biro gives me ideas grin)

Anyways this is my personal opinion from my experience. Also note that the ielts that shaped this analysis was the academic version.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zutlin: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
Compu001:
Guys I have a technical question. I will be detail with it. I have a friend in the UK, he came in as a student but didn't go back to Nigeria,so his student visa expired.He want to get out of the system to Canada. Can he apply from UK If no, can he go back to Nigeria to apply?? If he go back to Nigeria, will they not capitaliz on his overstayed stuff in UK??. I just need ur advice, so has to advise him accordingly. Thanks

I believe your friend will be fine applying from Nigeria. I don't know about the UK. I also overstayed somewhere for about 2years. I was very concerned about my overstay but my research online and consultation with an immigration lawyer in Canada, shows it has no effect - so long you have no criminal record.

I'm 3 months post AOR. Received GCMS notes today and no mention of overstay.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by oluphilip2008(f): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
Zutlin:

Lol @ 'is AVO as slow as LVO?' I don't know why, but somehow, I found it funny.
To answer your question, LVO is actually learning work from AVO when it comes to snail speed. Just hope for the best while engaging yourself in other meaningful activities.

@Hephgirl, may I humbly request that you stop making this thread run faster with your totally unnecessary comments? All your posts in the previous page were totally unnecessary and irrelevant. We don't always have to reply to every post, especially if the original posts, as well as our responses are not in anyway contributory to the essence of the thread. It makes our lives easier. Thanks.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Chrisdada16(f): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
joo2018:
In other news, WAEC don vex. See highlighted below:

https://www.waeconline.org.ng/
wwoww this is getting really serious oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pinkkystel(f): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
segzy14:
Good morning, please how was payment made to ICES for those that used the services of ICES.
Can a debit card also be used to make payment? How did you deal with the issue of the client sending coloured copy of the transcript?

Made payment with my Stanbic Ibtc debit card and it went through. Didn't attach my transcript to the application. That will be sent from your school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
I didn't use the naija account for POF when I applied for PR. But due to one or two things, I had to move the money from the account I submitted to CIC.
So, don't know if I need to notify CIC or just calm down
vickyehi:

My own line of thought is that ircc aslee you to provide the bank letter for ALL accounts you hold. So if you choose to submit just relevant accounts to your PR then that's fine but I dont think it is wise to move your POF out of the list of accounts you provided IRCC.
But if it is the naija account was part of the accounts submitted then there is no wahala....if not I suggest you move it to a financial institution that u included in your application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
gaggle:
Good Morning All. Please any idea of how one can get waec to send their result directly to a school in Canada. Procedure and contact will be highly appreciated. Thanks
N/B:- I am sorry if the question is a little off for this thread but I don search other nairaland threads tire (believe me I did)
Send the school your weac exam number and weac date. Then buy a weac scratch card, scratch it and send them the pin. If they dont know how to verify, you can also include instruction and weac website.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
oluphilip2008:

@Hephgirl, may I humbly request that you stop making this thread run faster with your totally unnecessary comments? All your posts in the previous page were totally unnecessary and irrelevant. We don't always have to reply to every post, especially if the original posts, as well as our responses are not in anyway contributory to the essence of the thread. It makes our lives easier. Thanks.

You are going to have to take my phone from me then.
You don't have a problem with repeated questions
You don't have a problem with over flogged topics..
But u have a problem with my "unnecessary" comments.
I choose to reply every post. My choice right?

NOW U MADE ME TYPE ANOTHER UNNECESSARY COMMENT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Exactly what WES should be doing, but they'd rather be unfortunate. Sigh.
vickyehi:

Send the school your weac exam number and weac date. Then buy a weac scratch card, scratch it and send them the pin. If they dont know how to verify, you can also include instruction and weac website.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lol. Hephgirl ooooo.
Hephgirl:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
jelmusboy:
I didn't use the naija account for POF when I applied for PR. But due to one or two things, I had to move the money from the account I submitted to CIC.
So, don't know if I need to notify CIC or just calm down
lemme understand you moved it somewhere else? Or u re****** it.
If it's d latter u have no choice than to calm down then.

Shebi a banker said they only just verify if the statement was genuine or not? Relax jare
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
Newmum0615:
Lol. Hephgirl ooooo.
my love see me me see wahala o...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
I don't know the bold. I moved the POF to another account
Hephgirl:
lemme understand you moved it somewhere else? Or u re****** it.
If it's d latter u have no choice than to calm down then.

Shebi a banker said they only just verify if the statement was genuine or not? Relax jare
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hephgirl:

They just jump in from somewhere, type sth and jump out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
Zutlin:

Can you check to see the reason for file transfer to Accra?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Une16: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Thanks a bunch
Godisincontrol:
https://chatdotwhatsappdotcom/3iv35DClbKKGx0oHtlEpZZ
Accra visa office WhatsApp group.
Nairaland doesn't allow for it to be displayed properly, so replace the word "dot" with "."

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
Une16:
Thanks a bunch

Welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Une16: 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
Was that the only info you could get from ur GCMS note? Or wr der more info?

Zutlin:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Utonne: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
Oakville19:
Please does my LoE go in the same holder as the documents provided or has a separate holder....for scanning purposes abeg. Thanks.

Can someone please address this. I also need help on this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zutlin: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Can you check to see the reason for file transfer to Accra?

They usually give a reason? I no see anytin like dat o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zutlin: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
Une16:
Was that the only info you could get from ur GCMS note? Or wr der more info?

Over 100 pages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Personal preference TBH. Each LOE may be scanned together with the specific docs they address and uploaded together in the assigned placeholder or you have one general LOE that addresses everything that needs to be addressed and uploaded in the additional documents placeholder.
Utonne:

Can someone please address this. I also need help on this. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
Zutlin:

They usually give a reason? I no see anytin like dat o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Buahahahahaha
Hephgirl:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
oluphilip2008:

Thanks.

Bros, calm down nah. let the thread go as it chooses. singling one out wont augur well. The prayer should be God do answer us all. cheers brother.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by McNoelle(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Overstaying is a crime but not necessarily a criminal offense. I would admonish him to contact UKBA and notify them that he wants to come back to Nigeria voluntarily. He should endeavour to pay for his flight ticket back to Nigeria in order not to be a liability to the UK government.
Applying from the UK is not advisable. I think he should be fine with his UK PCC if he has no other 'bad' record.

Compu001:
Guys I have a technical question. I will be detail with it. I have a friend in the UK, he came in as a student but didn't go back to Nigeria,so his student visa expired.He want to get out of the system to Canada. Can he apply from UK If no, can he go back to Nigeria to apply?? If he go back to Nigeria, will they not capitaliz on his overstayed stuff in UK??. I just need ur advice, so has to advise him accordingly. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Yeah! Please Trudeau don't call elections this year, wait till next year. I'm yet to apply, talk less of getting PPR o!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-politics/canadas-trudeau-rules-out-early-election-this-fall-idUSKBN1L123I

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.