Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910011 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
mimimum:
Good day guys,

Please I need advice from everyone who can help.

My brother is about to begin his EE journey, he wants to start ECA and IELTS, but there is something that is making us put a hold on everything for now.

Since he graduated from the university, he has not been in paid employment. He underwent an informal training to learn the art of shoe-making. Since 2014 after service, he has been making shoes. He is doing quite well in his business. We looked up his NOC and it is 6343 Shoe repairers and shoemakers which falls under NOC B. It is a good match because he does everything stated there and more.
Our challenge now is putting together docs to prove this experience. He is still awaiting his company registration with CAC. He applied since but it has not been finalized yet. He doesn't have a company acct yet, payments are made into his personal savings acct. He hasn't started paying taxes, so we don't know how to provide proof in case he is asked for tax docs. No LGA levies. His social media accounts extensively show all his business activities and shoe designs, even some well known Naija celebrities post on his profiles to thank him for the shoes he makes for them. While he used to accept cash in the past for payments, most payments are made directly to his account (not sure of the narrations sha).

So, my question is, considering the fact that his CAC docs will be relatively new, can he use as an evidence or must it be as old as his claim of self employment experience?
What other docs asides payment receipts, letters from clients that have bought his shoes, his personal account statements, pictures of his business activities on his social media accts can he provide?
Claiming only his NYSC experience will not give his enough points as he has only a BSc. Even the 15 points from me won't do much with just 1 year work experience.

I need help please. Is it doable? Or should we just forget it?
cc: Glitteringstar, Newmum, mcstan18 and everyone else who can help. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I got a ghost update on my account on Friday. Hope to get the golden mail soon cheesy
Maybe try explaining your situation in a LOE just as you've done here, get some customers to write references for him, put links to the social media pages in your LOE. If he has done any large order like a contract, it would help.
Put everything together, submit and hope for the best.
Or try PNP to boost the scores

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by phf2be: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
ifeoluwakintan:
Congratulations @phf2e

Can you give me the phone number you called.

Thank you.

Thank youuuu
+16139444000 if you're outside Canada. Use Google Hangouts to save cost. You will be on hold for a long time so be patient.

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by juicebox: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Beeea:

Please I sent you a PM . Thanks

Hello, I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to access my PM. I seem to have a lot of PMs but no idea how to read them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by flgd: 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hello ma, i sent a pm.. kindly check ma. Thanks..
Newmum0615:
See ehn. I do not and cannot feel anything for these people claiming asylum anywhere. Especially the Nigerians who claim this rubbish female genital ish. The real people who are affected by FGM do not have the means to travel to the US or Canada. A colleague of mine resigned last year and relocated with her hubby and children only to go and file an asylum case claiming that her daughters were facing the threat of FGM. Their application was approved undecided. This na person wey dey live for Lekki with better job o that can easily do EE. I have lost the ability to can abeg. They should make it harder. Maybe we go hear word.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=Ifeoma77 post=70534579][/quote]

perfect
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by juicebox: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2018

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
The FGM sounds somehow to me sef. Nigerians must have over used it.
Newmum0615:
See ehn. I do not and cannot feel anything for these people claiming asylum anywhere. Especially the Nigerians who claim this rubbish female genital ish. The real people who are affected by FGM do not have the means to travel to the US or Canada. A colleague of mine resigned last year and relocated with her hubby and children only to go and file an asylum case claiming that her daughters were facing the threat of FGM. Their application was approved undecided. This na person wey dey live for Lekki with better job o that can easily do EE. I have lost the ability to can abeg. They should make it harder. Maybe we go hear word.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
Threemg:

Lol. I refuse to faint.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=70534936][/quote]

You can say that again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zinggi(f): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
Congrats to all ITA clinchers. I have been following this thread quietly and I get excited each time I see posts of ITA gotten.

Well, I just started my journey so I guess I should start contributing and stop being a silent reader. ECA in progress (waiting for school to get the feedback Wes said they sent). Initially planned to be the main applicant but we had an afterthought as hubby stands a better chance. He qualifies for "2 or more certificates". It's either he is the main applicant or I write TEF.

IELTS....reading and practicing everything I can lay my hands on. Writing in October.

May God grant us all our heart desires. Drops Mic.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Pictures of shoes he's made should be added to the LOE.
Ifeoma77:

Maybe try explaining your situation in a LOE just as you've done here, get some customers to write references for him, put links to the social media pages in your LOE. If he has done any large order like a contract, it would help.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by OYASALOF(f): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=70535172]

@Newmum0615 kindly help with NOC for Procurement Supervisor. Is NOC 1225 OK?

. Find reliable sources to supply goods and services.
. Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
. Check supplier operations at point of supply or on site
. Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy
. Process departmental purchase requests and ensure adherence to user department requirement
. Prepare periodic reconciliation of purchased items
. Review requisitions submitted by departments to determine proper pricing and quality control
. Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery
. Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
. Processing and tracking of form M for shipments
. Customs duty processing and ensuring payment made on time with payables
. Tracking of invoices and ensuring payments are made before due date as per payment terms of our frame Agreement;
. Weekly report on status of purchase orders with the CFO
. Updating the procurement plan/savings for the year for Regional Managers to see
. Checking the invoiced rates of freight forwards against agreed rates
. Processing of import permit letter
. Preparing monthly purchase requisition, purchase order and goods received report to finance manager
. Tracking and processing container deposit refunds
. Ensuring Frame agreements are adhered to
. Ensuring invoices are paid on time to avoid withholding of our shipments
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Walegy: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
@ phf2be, congrats, but if u dont mind, can u drop your no here....waleg09@gmail.com, just want to ask few things.....thanks

phf2be:
And there it was sitting right in my spam folder. It's PPR guys!

This journey started with IELTS in June 2017...

ITA --- 13 June, 2018 CRS 1029

AOR --- 22 June
MEP --- 9 June
IP-1 --- 9 June
IP-2 --- 26 July
ADR RPRF --- 26 July paid 27 July
Ghost Update --- 22 August
PPR --- 23 August

PNP (Ontario) - Outland
Extensive travel history, Family of 4

Proof of funds was a single letter from the bank in CIC format.

My application seems to have been fully processed at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia because just few days ago when I called IRCC, agent told me eligibility was still ongoing, security not started and criminality passed.

Thanks to Nairaland and the good people I've had the pleasure of reading from here. Best wishes to every expectant Nairalander!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by howfar2: 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
@All,
Sorry I have been very busy.

My timeline.

IELTS November 2016 (Never had plans of leaving since I returned back to the country years back so was not really interested hence the timeframe between IELTS and ITA)
IQAS October 2017
CRS 444
ITA October 2017
AOR - 11 December 2017 FSW
MEDICALS PASSED December
IP2 - 27 Feb 2018
Visa Office LVO
ORDERED GCMS April 2018
Got ADR and submitted Aug 8 2018
Got additional ADR to sign one of the docs Aug 14 2018
Submitted Aug 14 2018
PPR Aug 22 2018

I thought since I shuttle different continents it would have helped in my timeline but LVO had something else in mind.

Thanks to all and may God deliver us from LVO

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zinggi(f): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Princesskiki:
Hello House,

Congratulations to all ITA recipients.

Please I need your input: I want to do my ECA Lautech MBA, now that WES requires waec/neco to verify results wouldn't the ICES and IQAS route be the better option since they don't require waec.

Thank you all.

ICES may be a better route if you are evaluating just one certificate. With ICES it appears you pay for each credential being evaluated. I have no idea of how IQAS works.
Also read page 106 of this thread, a lengthy post was made by COPR on this. That should help you make a decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
@phf2be congrats oh!!!!!!

I have been dying to hear PPR news.
Please they should release more PPRs before weekend abeg. It is refreshing

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
ayxmania:
Hello peeps, biko help me. I want to evaluate my MA degree with WES, am I supposed to send my WAEC certificate too? I'm confused.
If I am to evaluate my WAEC also, how do I go about it? I'm frustrated.

Check Page 1 of this thread for how to evaluate WAEC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mimimum: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thank you. The PNP option is too not in view for now. He is quite young and I am not sure he can afford to at the moment.
Ifeoma77:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mimimum: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thanks a lot. They are readily available. One look at his social media accounts will show enough pix sef.
I am just worried about not having complete documentation. Do you have any info on the recent CAC registration and inability to show tax payment will be a problem? Can anyone help please?
ysteph:
Pictures of shoes he's made should be added to the LOE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ndkings1:

I just recalculated

There are many things you can do to increase your CRS Score.

You can write TEF to increase your score.
You can go grab PGD in NOUN to claim points for two or more certs. Or do Master's to claim 126 points.
You can marry and she evaluates her cert and write IELTS to add points. If she has Master's and younger than you, then relax back and make her the PA and provide POF for family of two.

You can see that you have many options.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by einsteino(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
COPR:

There are many things you can do to increase your CRS Score.

You can write TEF to increase your score.
You can go grab PGD in NOUN to claim points for two or more certs. Or do Master's to claim 126 points.
You can marry and she evaluates her cert and write IELTS to add points. If she has Master's and younger than you, then relax back and make her the PA and provide POF for family of two.

You can see that you have many options.

Nice Moniker

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by einsteino(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
howfar2:
@All,
Sorry I have been very busy.

I thought since I shuttle different continents it would have helped in my timeline but LVO had something else in mind.

Thanks to all and may God deliver us from LVO

lol congrats. Having a travel history or Visa Refusal makes one eligible to be a candidate of LVO and no it doesn't make one's case simpler there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Happy for you! Congrats. Go and excel.
howfar2:
@All,

AOR - 11 December 2017 FSW

PPR Aug 22 2018

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tombae(f): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
Good afternoon house,

I have been following this thread for some days now and it has been helpful to me.

I'm now at my WES evaluation stage. I've sorted out my B.Sc transcript, But now for my Masters, I did it with a different University. I'm at a loss as to the process on how to get Unilag to send WES my Masters transcript. Please help with a step by step process on how to go about it, total cost - most affordable pleaseeeee and contacts of people there who can help.

Please don't send me back to the thread, I don't have MB to go allllllllll the way back biko. If there's a direct link to my answer I don't mind too.

Thank you SO much in advance!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cntabs(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
Praise God, my school finally sent my transcript grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by horlla(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
Good Day All,

Please can any one share his/her experience using EXT-NG to order Transcript to WES from a Nigerian UNI. Experience in terms of timing, cost, efficiency, reliability e.t.c

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jennypharb1: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2018
mimimum:
Thanks a lot. They are readily available. One look at his social media accounts will show enough pix sef.
I am just worried about not having complete documentation. Do you have any info on the recent CAC registration and inability to show tax payment will be a problem? Can anyone help please?

Recent CAC registration does not take more than 2weeks and I'm being generous with the weeks sef. A fresh business name or ltd company can be registered within a week. The next phase would be to open a company account and get VAT and other tax docs from FIRS. Why not encourage him to put his company account in order for at least a year, get valid tax docs within the year before submitting his application

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
o2:

Hehehehehe grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tombae(f): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
cntabs:
Praise God, my school finally sent my transcript grin grin

Congratulations! What school please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daaryour: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
ottawasenators:
congrats to all who clinched ITA. May speedy PPR processing be yours.

Currently in the pool, though as a supporting applicant. Highly expectant on positive outcome on spouse's EOR with BC to give

us CRS of at least 440, while preparing for another IELTS as backup.

EOR with BC submitted 16th July and no news yet. sad

It shall end in praise for us all

i am not sure you would get an email prompt from bc informing you that your eor is ready. i suggest you check on them at their office. someone on this forum gave a similar experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
shocked shocked
einsteino:

lol congrats. Having a travel history or Visa Refusal makes one eligible to be a candidate of LVO and no it doesn't make one's case simpler there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.