Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (920845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyimofeFA: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2018
Lol my friend's application took 6 months from AOR, Baba was checking every hour of the day except when he doesnt have Internet access. You will be fine smiley

Reasonabledoubt:
It’s just 4days after AOR, and I’ve been logging signing into my account to check for update more than once a day.

How did you people stay sane o? I’ve read the suggestions here, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

I don’t know how to handle this obsession.

God help me.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2018
I can totally relate.

I'm 76 days post AOR and the frequency of checking my account has reduced from once a day to once in 2 weeks. Eventually, you'd realize you've been worrying too much over it. Try to take your mind off it.

Reasonabledoubt:
It’s just 4days after AOR, and I’ve been logging signing into my account to check for update more than once a day.

How did you people stay sane o? I’ve read the suggestions here, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

God help me.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2018
o2:
I just thought to say anyone who wants to start the express entry process should start with ECA first and should not do ielts until their ECA is ready or almmost ready. I see a lot of peple registering for ielts first and i shake my head. I did my ECA in 2015 and ielts in 2016, by the time i got eligible to get ITA, My ielts expired just before the next ITA and i had to redo it but my ECA didnt expire.

Let ECA be the first thing you do before ielts.

There is no one size fits all though...many have done Ielts first and still got their ECA done in time for an ITA

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ChandlerBing: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2018
I'm also exactly 4 days post AOR. I swear I didn't even realise it was only that many days. Feels like it's been weeks. I haven't been checking as much as I thought I'd be. What does your profile say now? Mine says background check is in progress.

Reasonabledoubt:

God help me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianBae: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2018
EyimofeFA:
Lol my friend's application took 6 months from AOR, Baba was checking every hour of the day except when he doesnt have Internet access. You will be fine smiley

Every hour? Please tell me he has gotten his PR. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2018
Shyee:

You could send ALL your required documents at the same time. Your WES account would be updated as your documents are received, and verification takes place AFTER ALL your documents are received. It's irrespective if you send WAEC or credential(s) to be evaluated first.

Hello,

Please, I want to send all my credetials @ once to WES via Hello fax as I hav read here countless times people that used same & also, so I can cut costs. Any idea how much it'll cost in total? i.e. how much in total i'll spend wit WES? I saw ICES would cost 171,000. I'll be sending my GCE, OND & B.Sc Cert (I did D.E hence Y I am sending an ND result).
I have my GCE Cert alrdy and ND Transcripts & Cert bt only Transcripts 4 B.Sc. can I go ahead?, should I also just go ahead & attest my GCE result in the High Court or I still need to go to WAEC office? Your feedback would be very appreciated! Thank You.

Any further contributions/guidelines would be very appreciated.... Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2018
Chi194604:
I was trying to apply for my ECA today but i was surprised to see the new policy of assessing WAEC result first. I really appreciate this post. So after sending the WAEC result will you get a response from WES before proceeding with the ECA for degree certificate?
Hello,

Please, I want to send all my credetials @ once to WES via Hello fax as I hav read here countless times people that used same & also, so I can cut costs. Any idea how much it'll cost in total? i.e. how much in total i'll spend wit WES? I saw ICES would cost 171,000. I'll be sending my GCE, OND & B.Sc Cert (I did D.E hence Y I am sending an ND result).
I have my GCE Cert alrdy and ND Transcripts & Cert bt only Transcripts 4 B.Sc. can I go ahead?, should I also just go ahead & attest my GCE result in the High Court or I still need to go to WAEC office? Your feedback would be very appreciated! Thank You.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ij1000: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2018
Hi Talkingboy,

My AAT certificate was issued by ICAN as it was before the introduction of the ABWA certificate. Let’s wait on feedback from Justin I believe he had an ABWA certificate. I had no issues with the evaluation of the ICAN AAT.

Cheers

Talkingboy:
Good morning all .

I have been battling with WES for some time now (Since 2017) , and I need some help .

I have Bsc and ATS/AAT from Ican and I got my ECA Report in July 2018. All necessary correspondences were sent to Wes by Ican and they (Wes) confirmed receipt and verification of Docs/certificate. To my surprise , the ican credential was no where to be found on the ECA Report .

I made this known to them and they requested my certificate again. I did send it to dem and they've been saying nonsense since. The below response was what they sent to me yesterday .

Dear Mr. Talkingboy,

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

The certificate ICAN gave me was what I have been sending to them since and they keep rejecting it . Do they want me to goan manufacture cert in OLUWOLE ni ? because I don't know what to do again .

Is there any Post 2013 AAT holder that has successfully crossed this hurdle ?

NB: I picked ICAN as d issuing body and not ABWA when I was filling d form.

Help Biko . Thank you .

Cc All Melarose Justintrudeau WhizzyG
Ij1000 Safex Bumea

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 10:43am On Aug 28, 2018
Itsawonder:

So you could spam the thread with silly "congratulations" messages?
As much as we're happy for all successful applicants, a like/share is enough to express this happiness. Unless you have a follow-up question to the shared "testimony", stop spamming the thread with shitty congratulations messages.

I will not dignify you with a stinker response .....it is debasing ..Have a blessed day

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wurdz: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
olu21ola:

Ahh..This one is deep o. Don't be angry ehn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wurdz: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2018
haba Aunty!!!!
Itsawonder:

So you could spam the thread with silly "congratulations" messages?
As much as we're happy for all successful applicants, a like/share is enough to express this happiness. Unless you have a follow-up question to the shared "testimony", stop spamming the thread with shitty congratulations messages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yakay: 11:05am On Aug 28, 2018
Pegzzyg:

Hello,

the cost for WES shouldn't be more than 100k , that's if it is even up to. Apply, generate ur reference number and send all u have mentioned via hellofax to them. you will still need to go to WAEC and apply for ur GCE transcript/certificate to be sent to WES( WES needs it sent straight from the issuing body)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CPEThorpe(m): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2018
Pegzzyg:

Hello,

1. Sending your documents via hellofax is free. It does not cost you money.
2. Your can only send your certificates
3. WAEC has to send your transcript to WES. Your OND and BSc transcripts MUST be sent by your institutions and NOT you.
4. Your BSc and OND gives your two or more certificates
5. Please diligently read from Page 1 for more info!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2018
Thank you everyone I really appreciate.

I’m employed though, it’s just hard.

To think I use to wonder why the seniors that had gotten PPR were agitated during the processing, now I know.

This is the stage I’m at now sha.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2018
Hello all. I am planning to use ICES for my ECA. i have a masters degree so I was hoping that I only have to evaluate that, which should cost 200CAD but reading from their website, there is information on how WAEC results should be sent, do I also need to evaluate my WAEC and at what cost please? Kinda confused because I thought only WES requires WAEC. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Talkingboy: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2018
Ij1000:
Hi Talkingboy,

My AAT certificate was issued by ICAN as it was before the introduction of the ABWA certificate. Let’s wait on feedback from Justin I believe he had an ABWA certificate. I had no issues with the evaluation of the ICAN AAT.

Cheers

Okay. Thanks Bro/Sis
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2018
Expectantbee:

If it’s any consolation I’m 85 days post AOR. I’ve now reduced my daily log in to once or twice a week. I attended a planning for Canada session and I’m spending time looking into the MAP they prepared for me...it helps, but in all honesty it’s not enough. I try to read on NL posts and canadvisa daily, helps but still not enough... If I’m being honest, I can’t even say how I’ve managed to stay sane esp cos I’m not currently employed. If you’re currently working, I think it makes things a lot better...just try not to worry too much. For me, reading PPR announcements actually helps me stay very hopeful and positive. I hope you find something that works for you during this waiting time. Cheers!

At what point while waiting did you register for the planning for Canada session?

I see Zutlin did his/hers after medicals was passed.

So that I know if I should try registering.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dannyko: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
smslive2:
This speaks volume about character...
Who else is seeing @itsawonder in @canadianfly and @canadianfly in @itsawonder cheesy cheesy.? There is a striking resemblance grin.Need I say more

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dannyko: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:
It’s just 4days after AOR, and I’ve been signing into my account to check for update more than once a day.

God help me.
That was pretty fast as I remember your ITA was last Wednesday.I wish you speedy processing!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Go ahead with your evaluation. Simultaneously, start exploring ways to increase your score. Dont be downcast cos your CRS is low. Even those with lower scores are in the pool and also working towards increasing their score.

As a general rule, the sooner you commence ECA, the better especially if degree is from Nigeria. Good luck

Thanks so much....

I have even deleted my profile...
Do you think I should create another one??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
You can register for it now if you want
Reasonabledoubt:

At what point while waiting did you register for the planning for Canada session?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
Shyee:

I know how you feel, I've been in your kind of emotional state too. ICES don't offer refund, unless they initiate it by themselves as seen in their disclaimer, which happens if they can't evaluate a credential. I suggest the following options:
1. WES for example allows you to create an account, even pay till, when you're ready for your evaluation. If ICES allows the same, you may hold on till when you're ready for evaluation, may be next month may be next year. You may find out by emailing ICES, but make sure to title your message, ECA, quoting your reference number.
2. Go ahead with the evaluation, the earlier the better. Since ECA lasts for 5 years, whatever option you want to consider, even M.Sc is NOT up to 5 years, hence, ECA still covers.
3. You may look for someone who wants to do ECA with ICES, get their details, and go to your ICES tab to edit your details out for the new person. I would advise you contact ICES for this because it may have devastating effect. This should be considered if you think Canada is not worth it.

In my present state of mind - Serene, option 2 is the Best. Going with stonecoldcafe!
Good luck, Kings!

Thanks a million

I'm thinking of going for a PGD, ACCA or masters(still not settled)
I wanted to suspend the evaluation because I want do both at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Utonne: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:
It’s just 4days after AOR, and I’ve been signing into my account to check for update more than once a day.

God help me.

Lmao. Same here. AOR is exactly 4days just like you.

I am a worry wart and made a conscious effort not to keep checking lest I loose my mind. Decided to pray, hand it over to God and go about my daily business occupying my mind with work and do a lot of research on the next step.

Still a bit clueless about registering for planning for Canada session on the site when it specifically asks for the documents that I don't have. But I see that people did theirs before receiving COPRs and stuff
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Utonne: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
ChandlerBing:

I'm also exactly 4 days post AOR. I swear I didn't even realise it was only that many days. Feels like it's been weeks. I haven't been checking as much as I thought I'd be. What does your profile say now? Mine says background check is in progress.

Same here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
berra:
Hello all. I am planning to use ICES for my ECA. i have a masters degree so I was hoping that I only have to evaluate that, which should cost 200CAD but reading from their website, there is information on how WAEC results should be sent, do I also need to evaluate my WAEC and at what cost please? Kinda confused because I thought only WES requires WAEC. Thank you.

ICES does not need to evaluate WASSCE if your evaluation is post secondary school and it was obtained from Nigeria.Each country has its requirements on their website,so if you click on Nigeria,you will see the requirements and in your case,it's just your M.sc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

I can’t remember when exactly I registered but the important thing is that I used my AOR to register. I think I was asked to upload ppr or copr letter but since I didn’t have I uploaded my AOR...I attended the August 14 session in Abuja

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Pegzzyg:

Hello,

The cost for WES is less than 60k ($207).

Use Hellofax free of charge to send your degree certs to WES.

Pay WAEC and the universities you attended to send your WAEC cert and transcripts respectively to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by rukaiya(f): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
Utonne:

Lmao. Same here. AOR is exactly 4days just like you.

I am a worry wart and made a conscious effort not to keep checking lest I loose my mind. Decided to pray, hand it over to God and go about my daily business occupying my mind with work and do a lot of research on the next step.

Still a bit clueless about registering for planning for Canada session on the site when it specifically asks for the documents that I don't have. But I see that people did theirs before receiving COPRs and stuff

You can upload your AOR document, as proof it's also acceptable even though it's not listed on their site
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by grammy010: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hello,

I would advise you resend the AAT certificate to them for evaluation and make sure you choose ICAN as the issuer this time. I got my AAT with ABWA too and it was evaluated by WES.

Regards.

Talkingboy:
Good morning all .

I have been battling with WES for some time now (Since 2017) , and I need some help .

I have Bsc and ATS/AAT from Ican and I got my ECA Report in July 2018. All necessary correspondences were sent to Wes by Ican and they (Wes) confirmed receipt and verification of Docs/certificate. To my surprise , the ican credential was no where to be found on the ECA Report .

I made this known to them and they requested my certificate again. I did send it to dem and they've been saying nonsense since. The below response was what they sent to me yesterday .

Dear Mr. Talkingboy,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct.

World Education Services (WES) does not evaluate study from The Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (AATWA). If you wish to have your Accounting Technician Certificate (ATC) included in your already completed evaluation report, please submit a copy of your certificate as issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Upon receipt of the ICAN certificate, WES will review and update the report as warranted.

We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

The certificate ICAN gave me was what I have been sending to them since and they keep rejecting it . Do they want me to goan manufacture cert in OLUWOLE ni ? because I don't know what to do again .

Is there any Post 2013 AAT holder that has successfully crossed this hurdle ?

NB: I picked ICAN as d issuing body and not ABWA when I was filling d form.

Help Biko . Thank you .

Cc All Melarose Justintrudeau WhizzyG
Ij1000 Safex Bumea

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Pray tell, how did you create a profile before without ECA and IELTS?
Ndkings1:

Thanks so much....

I have even deleted my profile...
Do you think I should create another one??

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Natalie27: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Natalie27:

Thank Gos you have resolved yours.. I have the same issue .. I don’t have the right ielts score yet but I want to create an express entry profile and it keeps giving me the ielligble statement .
Age 27
Msc
2years work experience
Lswr 9,8,7.5,6
I input 13000 as POF
My NOC 0122 as an ABM
Someone please help out cuz I have reviewed my profile and do not know what am doing wrong g
Can someone pleaseeeee assist with my query .. it’s driving me nuts ... @newmum @mcstan @anyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
Natalie27:

Can someone pleaseeeee assist with my query .. it’s driving me nuts ... @newmum @mcstan @anyone

2years experience from 2 different companies? If so, how long did you spend with the first company?

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (612)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.