Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909243 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by efueh: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
30watts:
The delay is from Unilag don't be deceived. The staff generally have lackadaisical attitude and believe they are doing you a favor.

Trust me I understand how you feel on this.
But, that of my sibling (Federal school) and two friends (Same state school) are not in any way close to Unilag. Both schools are in the South South. So from this, you can see that there is a common factor they all share. The friend's transcript was received Wednesday last week, by WES, while others verification mails were sent on Friday last week.
The coincidences can't just be ignored in my humble opinion.
Again, let's see how it goes next week Tuesday as Monday is public holiday in Canada (Labor day).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
The famous LVO grin

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by LadyBR: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oakville19:

Some have done it themselves after watching YouTube videos but it may get rejected as not properly done ....would suggest you go to the police station where you intend to do your Nigerian PCC and have an officer do it for you for a token fee.

Oakville19 do you know anyone who declined an ITA and later got PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fede890: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hahahaha, that really cracked me up.
paroh137:

My gf also told me last week that she's pregnant. Congratulations. Small world. Hope her name is
not Sandra sha, light-skinned, tall girl like this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oyesy: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2018
WES verification in UNILAG does not take more than 3 working days before being treated.
I did my verification in UNILAG has well and did not pay any dime to anybody. No body asked for a dime from me, so your statement "only money una know" is untrue in my opinion. My verification got to UNILAG (Registrar's office) 5 weeks after WES informed me about it. So some of these delay is not UNILAG's fault. Try and identify the staff treating transcript for your faculty, it may help a bit. I know people who processed their UNILAG transcript to WES without stepping into UNILAG and never sent anybody to check up for them.
30watts:
The delay is from Unilag don't be deceived. The staff generally have lackadaisical attitude and believe they are doing you a favor. I will advice whoever needs his verification done to call the school, have them confirm that they have seen it i.e received WES' email. Upon confirmation create time to visit them on the approved days and go and sit there till its done. Otherwise, it is very possible that you will still be waiting for verification by January 2019.

It is either the unit is understaffed, the staff are lazy or they do not understand the importance of some of these things. Why can't they not have a definite timeline for processing transcripts regardless of how many requests they have at any point in time? But if I am willing to grease the palms of some random officer, the transcript gets sent or verified in good time. It's a pity I am out of the country for now, I will have scattered that their office as I have done in the past. Funny people verified Diploma and forgot to verify BSc....possibly because one staff was eating fufu while responding to email, three 440 draws later and I'm still waiting for verification.

If you're a unilag staff reading this please print it and drop on your registrars table. Nah only money unah know !!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2018
rosepetraa:

Mine was similar to this, except that I had 7.5 in Reading. I requested for a remark immediately. I can't have 6.5 in Writing. My first attempt, I had 8,7.5,7.5,7.5 LWRS. It's 6 points to move from 437 that I'm using torchlight to look for.

So, i checked thé online résult portal and Writing has been upgraded to 7. My result now is LWRS 9,7,7.5,8.5

I am still on 437 anyways, but i get my 46k back. grin

Still on thé torchlight quest to move from 437. Wish me Luck! wink

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 01, 2018
adetola007:
The famous LVO grin
infamous?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 01, 2018
rosepetraa:

So, i checked thé online résult portal and Writing has been upgraded to 7. My result now is LWRS 9,7,7.5,8.5

Good Luck! cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dannydenzy: 4:35am On Sep 01, 2018
Hi guys, Following the recent change by WES to evaluate WAEC result, Pls how can I send my WAEC result to WES. There's no information about that on the WAEC website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by opella(f): 5:08am On Sep 01, 2018
dannydenzy:
Hi guys, Following the recent change by WES to evaluate WAEC result, Pls how can I send my WAEC result to WES. There's no information about that on the WAEC website.
https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/117#70355038

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 5:55am On Sep 01, 2018
I will report you to newmum0615... You haff joined bad gang. grin
Ifeoma77:

Ahhhhh welcome brother Paroh, I have been waiting for your post, the Lord preinformed me of your arrival. He said I should tell you to rest your weary eyes for two days. Then on Monday 2nd September, sit on your favourite chair, keep fried goatmeat on your right hand side and cold mountain dew on your left hand side, then open page one and start reading.
Hallelujah brother, you shall surely land in Canny.

Ps. After reading, page one and you still have questions, mention me and I'll gladly answer
Welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace19: 6:09am On Sep 01, 2018
Ebalu953:
Please I just started the process. Do I need an agent to apply? Agent asking for 700,000. I don't have such. What are the first steps? And does myself and hubby need to evaluate out results? I have a master s degree. He has a bachelor s (3rd class)
please don't use any agent to avoid stories that touch, the money can be used productively for other important stuff in your Canadian dream journey. Just read, read and read. Start from page1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oyesy: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2018
If you had scored 7.5 in W and 8.0 in R, you would have earned more CRS score. Try the CRS calculator with these new points in W & R and see the new CRS score
rosepetraa:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 01, 2018
Hello Nairalanders...i am one of the SRANs on the forum and i would like to find out when the count for Medical validity starts...does the count start from the date of the actual physical medical examination or when your profile was updated with "You have passed your medical exams"?

My medical exams was carried out in Dec 2017 for my first application that was refused but i submitted a 2nd application in June 2018 with the same medical upfront...but i want to know when the medical certificate validity starts counting so as to inform my planning.

Thank you for in advance for your feedback...and thanks for all the good advise and encouragement received on this platform.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2018
chigzie:
Hello Nairalanders...i am one of the SRANs on the forum and i would like to find out when the count for Medical validity starts...does the count start from the date of the actual physical medical examination or when your profile was updated with "You have passed your medical exams"?

My medical exams was carried out in Dec 2017 for my first application that was refused but i submitted a 2nd application in June 2018 with the same medical upfront...but i want to know when the medical certificate validity starts counting so as to inform my planning.

Thank you for in advance for your feedback...and thanks for all the good advise and encouragement received on this platform.

Hi chigzie, I think the medical should ordinarily start counting from the day you passed (not sure though). Please can you share why your application was rejected?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 7:34am On Sep 01, 2018
chigzie:

It's valid for one year and starts counting from the day the medical tests were conducted. In this case, till December 2018.

If by December 2018, your application processing hasn't been concluded, they will either extend it on their own or ask you to carry out another medical test.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2018
My application was refused because I erroneously entered the CLB (Canadian language benchmark) equivalent of my IELTS result in my EE profile and when review was carried out,I was told it didn't match my ielts report form and my application refused.

I was poorly informed back then...so I had to improve my English test scores. After 2 attempts in March and May, my desired score was obtained in June and this qualified me for an ITA.

I guess if I was active on a forum like this...I would have avoided an error that cost me the application fee for me and my spouse.

...thank God it all ends in praise! grin
Mummychichi:

Hi chigzie, I think the medical should ordinarily start counting from the day you passed (not sure though). Please can you share why your application was rejected?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kwado87: 7:57am On Sep 01, 2018
chigzie:

Your medical starts counting from the day you did the medical exam.... My PR visa expires exactly one year from the day I did the medical exam....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2018
smslive2:
I will report you to newmum0615... You haff joined bad gang. grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin izzinor you that taught me? Maybe I should have written;

Welcome brother P, click here for Response from the Lord
grin

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2018
laghopeful2018:

Here is my experience:

I paid WES in January 2018 and applied for my UNILAG Transcript online on February 3rd. When WES had not received my transcript in May, I went to records office in Unilag, precisely on May 18th. I was told they had been on strike so there was a backlog of applications. After much pleading I got someone to help me. My transcript was finally received by WES at the end of June. Meanwhile no one mentioned to me that I needed to apply for my diploma transcript separately. So I had to do that first and the transcript was sent to records office before they were all forwarded to WES. During this procedure I parted with 8k. When WES returned it for verification, I had to go to UNILAG several times before verification was done. To my dismay verification was only done for my years 2 to 4 transcript. I had to go back to diploma office and right in front of me, the officer checked their inbox and said "o the request is here, we will attend to it tomorrow" During verification I parted with another 5k. WES finally updated my profile to all documents received on August 15th....after application to UNILAG was made on Feb 15th.

Unfortunately I had not found this thread before that and didn't realise I could have simply applied for my masters certificate from a UK university alone to be evaluated ....by the way I applied for the UK certificate same day as i applied for unilag certificate. I applied on a phone call, couldn't remember my student id...and on the same phone call, the officer got my id, confirmed my degree and took a payment. My transcript was received by WES confirmed by WES about a week later

... your experience and those of your friends are the anomalies/exceptions not the norm

ES verification in UNILAG does not take more than 3 working days before being treated.
I did my verification in UNILAG has well and did not pay any dime to anybody. No body asked for a dime from me, so your statement "only money una know" is untrue in my opinion. My verification got to UNILAG (Registrar's office) 5 weeks after WES informed me about it. So some of these delay is not UNILAG's fault. Try and identify the staff treating transcript for your faculty, it may help a bit. I know people who processed their UNILAG transcript to WES without stepping into UNILAG and never sent anybody to check up for them.

30watts:

The delay is from Unilag don't be deceived. The staff generally have lackadaisical attitude and believe they are doing you a favor. I will advice whoever needs his verification done to call the school, have them confirm that they have seen it i.e received WES' email. Upon confirmation create time to visit them on the approved days and go and sit there till its done. Otherwise, it is very possible that you will still be waiting for verification by January 2019.

It is either the unit is understaffed, the staff are lazy or they do not understand the importance of some of these things. Why can't they not have a definite timeline for processing transcripts regardless of how many requests they have at any point in time? But if I am willing to grease the palms of some random officer, the transcript gets sent or verified in good time. It's a pity I am out of the country for now, I will have scattered that their office as I have done in the past. Funny people verified Diploma and forgot to verify BSc....possibly because one staff was eating fufu while responding to email, three 440 draws later and I'm still waiting for verification.

If you're a unilag staff reading this please print it and drop on your registrars table. Nah only money unah know !!!!!!
Here is my experience:

I paid WES in January 2018 and applied for my UNILAG Transcript online on February 3rd. When WES had not received my transcript in May I went to records office in Unilag, precisely on May 18th. I was told they had been on strike so there was a backlog of applications. After much pleading I got someone to help me. My transcript was finally received by WES at the end of June. Meanwhile no one mentioned to me that I needed to apply for my diploma transcript separately. So I had to do that first and the transcript was sent to records office before they were allforwarded to WES. During this procedure I parted with 8k. When WES returned it for verification, I had to go to UNILAG several times before verification was done. To my dismay verification was only done for my years 2 to 4 transcript. I had to go back to diploma office and right in front of me, the officer checked their inbox and said "o the request is here, we will attend to it tomorrow" WES finally updated my profile to all documents received on August 15th....after application to UNILAG was made on Feb 15th.

Unfortunately I had not found this thread before that and didn't realise I could have simply applied for my masters certificate from a UK university alone to be evaluated ....by the way I applied for the UK certificate same day as i applied for unilag certificate. I applied on a phone call, couldn't remember my student id...and on the same phone call, the officer got my id, confirmed my degree and took a payment. My transcript was received by WES confirmed by WES about a week later

... your experience and those of your friends are the anomalies/exceptions not the norm

ES verification in UNILAG does not take more than 3 working days before being treated.

30watts:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2018
We are officially in the last quarter of the year, may all our prayers be answered speedily.
Happy New Month guys!

44 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bests: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2018
Kwado87:

Your medical starts counting from the day you did the medical exam.... My PR visa expires exactly one year from the day I did the medical exam....

Please someone should enlighten me on the validity of the medical...6months?...1year?....Thank U
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by LolaAkins: 9:40am On Sep 01, 2018
Good Morning House. I am a registered Nurse with RM and RPHN. I also have a bachelor degree in nursing(BNSc). Should I use WES or IQAS for my evaluation? Which of these will give me the maximum score? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2018
Amen.
Ifeoma77:
We are officially in the last quarter of the year, may all our prayers be answered speedily.
Happy New Month guys!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2018
Much better now. Go and sin no more
Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin izzinor you that taught me? Maybe I should have written;

Welcome brother P, click here for Response from the Lord
grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 9:55am On Sep 01, 2018
Medicals is valid for 1 year from the day of the medicatical examination
bests:

Please someone should enlighten me on the validity of the medical...6months?...1year?....Thank U

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 10:00am On Sep 01, 2018
Hello guys....
Please...

1. with my 429 CRS score... Can I go ahead and do my IELTS and ECA??

2. Which province can I get ITA from with 429

Going for masters or PGD seems too far.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2018
Ndkings1:
Hello guys....
Please...

1. with my 429 CRS score... Can I go ahead and do my IELTS and ECA??

2. Which province can I get ITA from with 429

Going for masters or PGD seems too far.

Read up
https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by McNoelle(m): 10:19am On Sep 01, 2018
My eyes have seen and my ears have heard. Just continue.
paroh137:
Good evening everyone. I'm new here, however the Lord sent me to this thread, said I should ask for ifeoma77 specifically.

Please don't tell me to start reading from page 1,I've been reading travel threads since Wednesday my eyes are about to fall out. Please. I beg you guys.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nairasurplus(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2018
Good people,
I want to start this journey by writing IELTS exams first. I found out there are two sides of IELTS exams - Academic and General.
My question:
Which one do I prepare for? Academic or General. For federal skilled workers program.

Your usual kind response is appreciated.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jadel03: 10:55am On Sep 01, 2018
General for Immigration

Academic for studies

Nairasurplus:
Good people,
I want to start this journey by writing IELTS exams first. I found out there are two sides of IELTS exams - Academic and General.
My question:
Which one do I prepare for? Academic or General. For federal skilled workers program.

Your usual kind response is appreciated.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2018
Oyesy:
If you had scored 7.5 in W and 8.0 in R, you would have earned more CRS score. Try the CRS calculator with these new points in W & R and see the new CRS score

I know. I was trying To achieve that when i decided To sit for thé exam again. M'y first try was 8, 7.5,7.5,7.5 which is good enough but missing 6 points.

I am on a quest to find that 6 points

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.